Bad Batch S1:E1 Chat (SPOILERS)

Prev13
It's May the Fourth and the Bad Batch series is FINALLY here!

Let's discuss. Be warned, spoilers will likely be in the chat.
And how about that Caleb Dume intro!?!

Replies

• RTS
    682 posts Member
    That opening scene was an awesome easter egg, as was seeing Azi-3 again.
  • RTS wrote: »
    That easter egg you're referring to might've been my favorite thing about the episode. I loved it.
  • Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    So slightly off topic, should I watch Rebels in its entirety before this?
  • Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    Sebek wrote: »
    Magruffin wrote: »

Well, you should watch Rebels, but you don't have to do it before Bad Batch

Ty
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Great episode.

Explains why we are getting echo for bad batch next and not crosshair

So who is omega a clone of.... shes probably got all there enhancements. She can shoot she has heightened awareness.... strength and tech skills are missing so far.
  • Magruffin wrote: »

I put off watching Rebels for a while bc the first few episodes I felt were too kid-ish. But, it really takes off about midway through first season and def by 2nd season. It becomes some of my favorite Star Wars stuff.

Yeah, def watch it. But, you don't have to watch it all before Bad Batch.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Great episode.

So who is omega a clone of.... shes probably got all there enhancements. She can shoot she has heightened awareness.... strength and tech skills are missing so far.

Not a bad theory. I think there's a chance she could end up being Force sensitive. But, if it turned out she has all the BB abilities and she's kind of like their daughter, that would be really cool.
  • I loved that Wrecker had a tooka doll.
  • Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    Thanks all, I think I want to watch/finish Rebels first. May the fourth be with you
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Great first episode, liked that they put Padawan Kanan (or should I say Caleb) in there and I kinda hope he turns up again. Little said about crosshair but as someone else pointed out it’s likely they’ll be able to rescue him at some point. Excited to see where it goes from here. Hopefully get to see more Saw Gerrera as well
  • I loved that Wrecker had a tooka doll.

Same! I wish we had gotten enough heads up to make it his in-game relic. That would've been so perfect.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    The first episode was great, I would say. I liked how they added Caleb and Depa in the beginning, though I have the feeling that Crosshair will most likely be saved by the end of the season. And I have the feeling that Rex is the friend that Hunter was talking about at the end of the episode, and J-19 is that planet that Ahsoka and Rex crash on at the end of Clone Wars. What do all of you think that the next episode will be about?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »
    The first episode was great, I would say. I liked how they added Caleb and Depa in the beginning, though I have the feeling that Crosshair will most likely be saved by the end of the season. And I have the feeling that Rex is the friend that Hunter was talking about at the end of the episode, and J-19 is that planet that Ahsoka and Rex crash on at the end of Clone Wars. What do all of you think that the next episode will be about?

Well we saw Rex in the trailer so you're probably right; also the 2jd episode will be called "Cut and Run" and it will be about 30 minutes long

Oh, thanks.

• East_Rengaw
    33 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Well we saw Rex in the trailer so you're probably right; also the 2jd episode will be called "Cut and Run" and it will be about 30 minutes long

Cutup return confirmed!

Edit: Meant this as a joke. However, we never actually saw what happened to Cutup after he was taken by the eel, so you never know...
    Post edited by East_Rengaw on
  • Kingbaran11
    11 posts Member
    edited May 2021

Cutup return confirmed!

It's actually Cut Lawquane who helped Rex and who the next episode is referring to.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    It's actually Cut Lawquane who helped Rex and who the next episode is referring to.

Is it confirmed? I thought it was because Hunter and Wrecker have knives so you know cut
    J-19 is where the Clones met the deserter, Cut Lawquane
    . So, seems to be pointing in that direction.
  • BRKS1999
    18 posts Member
    Brilliant episode, very interested to see if they rescue crosshair and turn him back good. Could be the 5th member we need to use the other 4 in a legendary style event to unlock him
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Ah.. i know Crosshair is no longer a part of a BB, but he was for so long that i would love to see him added to the game. Don't know what will happen next but for sure Omega is going to be essential part of this team. If not CH then i think we will se her in the game at some point. Or maybe they will find a way to turn off the inhibitor chip on CH?
    Anyway it was so good to see some quality Star Wars content again.
    I loved that Wrecker had a tooka doll.
    Same! I wish we had gotten enough heads up to make it his in-game relic. That would've been so perfect.
    OMG.. that would be something. Instantly favorite relic in the game.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

Is it confirmed? I thought it was because Hunter and Wrecker have knives so you know cut

I thought that Cut was on Saleucami. Is J-19 the numerical name for it?

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    RTS wrote: »
    That easter egg you're referring to might've been my favorite thing about the episode. I loved it.

Retconned the comic a bit though.

Kannan or little dune, was hunted by regular clones from order 66.

Slight retcon to it as he can still be hunted by them.... but hunters report called him dead so id imagine they wouldnt be right after him like in the comic

Crosshair report wouldnt change that till a few days later....

So slight change there but otherwise a fun scene for sure
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Great episode.

Not a bad theory. I think there's a chance she could end up being Force sensitive. But, if it turned out she has all the BB abilities and she's kind of like their daughter, that would be really cool.

I think shes meant to be hunters daughter essentially.... shes doing that old daddy daughter thing.

But its early so who knows
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    BRKS1999 wrote: »
    Brilliant episode, very interested to see if they rescue crosshair and turn him back good. Could be the 5th member we need to use the other 4 in a legendary style event to unlock him

Thats what im hopen for.... but my bet is he dies saving omega thus redeeming himself
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    It's May the Fourth and the Bad Batch series is FINALLY here!

Let's discuss. Be warned, spoilers will likely be in the chat.
    And how about that Caleb Dume intro!?!

Huh. Didn’t realise it was HIM. I have no idea of his real name.
  • Xcien wrote: »

I thought that Cut was on Saleucami. Is J-19 the numerical name for it?

J-19 is where Saleucami is located at.
  • I almost cried when i saw Caleb.
    It was the best birthday ever!!!
    Today is my birthday :smiley:
    Birthday, on May the 4th, and premierenof The Bad Batch.

Oh.... just reviewed.... and... yes.. Omega must be force-sensitive. Hunter must be force-attuned as well. I strongly believe so. That must explain his abilities and how he pinpointed straight to Omega during Palpatine's speech.

I believe Omega's main mutation is the gender.

And named Omega is so foretelling! She must be the last clone. If Tarkin gets rid of the incubation section.
  • HumbleMumble
    1017 posts Member
    What if Omega is a clone of Kenobi?
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    I loved that Wrecker had a tooka doll.

Wouldn't changing the relic picture/name take like 5 minutes?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • 5/10
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Great episode.

I think shes meant to be hunters daughter essentially.... shes doinh that old daddy daughter thing.

But its early so who knows

Maybe not daughter, likely a Clone of him(Clone to a Clone, i know). In some scenes she literally had the same animations as him

Yep saw that too.... but theoretically they are all still jango deep down. Bad Batch is just mutated... so i discounted that thought... perhaps too soon.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    What if Omega is a clone of Kenobi?

I was thinking that... or anakin.

Both were on kamino a few times.