Arena Join / Player lock. FIX THIS

SBxIronman
12 posts Member
edited May 2021
Thanks to having to remod my relic’d Imperial Troopers to survive the opening salvo of tier 3, I failed to move mods back to JKR, JML and others before joining GA today. 4 hours before it even starts, I already know I’ve lost this entire round of 3 matches. Ya’ll have known about this for over a year and done nothing to fix it. I wouldn’t have had to remod in the first place if t3 Ewoks weren’t so blatantly stupid fast. There are soooo many things like this that irritate the hell out of players.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    You shouldn't do that next time.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    you can also join then move mods for conquest next time
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Is it annoying? Yes.

Have you ALSO known about it for a year? Also yes.

They've already said it's not as simple as just making a leave/rejoin function in GAC, as matchmaking starts as soon as you hit the button. Would require a redesign of multiple things.

Could they do it? Yes.

Is it worth the time and effort when everyone should know about it by now and be able to deal with it? ...
  • avihas
    247 posts Member
    Imagin in the NBA after the game starts one of the players says "stop, I forgot to put my good shoes on. Give me a minutes and lets start over from the begining".
    Imagin in the FIFA world cup after the drawing of the teams (into the gifferent groups) starts, one of the teams says "Wait, I forgot whatever, lets starts again".
    Well, what you saying now is pretty close to those 2 situations above.

Should they have "are you sure?" button/massage after pressing join? sure.
    Should they allow to leave and rejoin? no

The matchmaking starts at the moment of joining, it is not fair many will re matched just because 1 person forgot to switch/put mods.

What I do personally is I never wait to the last minutes and I try to always do a final check of the mods that on almost my entire rosters. It helps minimize the mistakes
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    avihas wrote: »
    Imagin in the NBA after the game starts one of the players says "stop, I forgot to put my good shoes on. Give me a minutes and lets start over from the begining".
    Imagin in the FIFA world cup after the drawing of the teams (into the gifferent groups) starts, one of the teams says "Wait, I forgot whatever, lets starts again".

No, it's not. They didn't request to be able to make any changes after the 1st setup phase started.
  • avihas
    247 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »

No, it's not. They didn't request to be able to make any changes after the 1st setup phase started.

The GAC start not at the 1st setup- it start at the second you press 'join'.
    The matchmaking already get into motion at that moment, so leave after joining will result in re assigning more than 1 player...
  • The apologists for this absurdity should be ashamed of themselves. It will continue to screw people over unnecessarily forever. Even those who have known about it the whole time. All they have to do is add an "are you sure" confirmation. Pretending like this is some hard thing and defending this stupid thing at all is some form of Stockholm syndrome. Seriously it needs to be changed if for no other reason that your thumb doesnt accidentally graze the button and destroy your whole GAC round.