May 2021 Drop Rates

Kzieran
1 posts Member
edited May 2021
I know drop rates have been a topic of debate often shot down by robust data collection. I have played this game for a long while but the past week or so the drop rates seem to have noticeably reduced on gear pieces. For example, over 40 attempts (maybe more but this is all I have tracked so far) I received ONE drop on stun cuffs. I will continue to track more closely but something really does seem off. My guild mates have noticed this as well.

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Countering data with feelings is not going to win the battle.

In a small sample size, just about any outcome is possible, it doesnt prove anything. Just keep collecting data and you will see nothing has changed.
  • Kzieran
    1 posts Member
    I can appreciate the facts over feelings sentiment. I am not claiming to have proof of anything. Just reaching out to the community to see if anyone else has noticed this, collected data from a larger sample, or has any other insight. Not meant as an accusation.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    I’ve noticed absolutely no difference at all.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2021
    Kzieran wrote: »
    I can appreciate the facts over feelings sentiment. I am not claiming to have proof of anything. Just reaching out to the community to see if anyone else has noticed this, collected data from a larger sample, or has any other insight. Not meant as an accusation.

No one is going to have enough data to accurately depict the drop rate in a small period of time, and other feeling the same way you do, is not proof.

The insight is always the same when this comes up, over a small sample size many things can be seen, but they are not evidence of anything as a whole. A string of bad RNG can show up in small samples and lead to a false conclusion about the overall drop rate.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kzieran wrote: »

No one is going to have enough data to accurately **** the drop rate in a small period of time

Reported for swearing!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I’ve noticed absolutely no difference at all.

Same. And I'd bet if the OP tracks the data (like countless others before), he'd find that the drop rates for purple gear are the same as they have always been ~20%.

Also, have your guildmates track and record their data as well, so you can at least have a decent sample size.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Decicrim
    223 posts Member
    I swear there is an algo affecting drop rates based on different criteria, things i started to notice:

Things that seems to cause A lot LESS drops:
    - you pull 1-2 times with limited Energy available, almost guarantees you get ZERO good drops, it's like it signals desperate.
    - You navigate to node from your inventory find linking - I notice LESS item drops from what you linked from
    - You have less that 5 shards left for a level - could be mindset but i seem to get like 5% chance of the item i want.

Things that Seem I get really good rates:
    - Doing a full pull (5 on hard nodes), but when i spend 100+ energy i seem to get 40-70% drop rate.
    - Doing these at certain times of day like midnight activity refresh.
    - Doing these when they coincide with my daily Guild Activity challenge. E.g activity is spend Cantina Energy, i hold cantina until that challenge starts.

But All in All, they are some pulls that are great 80% drops rate and others that are 0%, so it evens out as people have pointed out, but if there really is a "hidden gem" in the algo that if you pulled with certain conditions you get better rates, it would make another thing to be part of daily strategy for the game.

cool concept but , It would take huge amounts of data testing.
  • Decicrim wrote: »
    I swear there is an algo affecting drop rates based on different criteria, things i started to notice:

- you pull 1-2 times with limited Energy available, almost guarantees you get ZERO good drops, it's like it signals desperate.
    - You navigate to node from your inventory find linking - I notice LESS item drops from what you linked from
    - You have less that 5 shards left for a level - could be mindset but i seem to get like 5% chance of the item i want.

- Doing a full pull (5 on hard nodes), but when i spend 100+ energy i seem to get 40-70% drop rate.
    - Doing these when they coincide with my daily Guild Activity challenge. E.g activity is spend Cantina Energy, i hold cantina until that challenge starts.

But All in All, they are some pulls that are great 80% drops rate and others that are 0%, so it evens out as people have pointed out, but if there really is a "hidden gem" in the algo that if you pulled with certain conditions you get better rates, it would make another thing to be part of daily strategy for the game.

“Seem to”

None of these things affect drop rates.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Decicrim wrote: »

You don't need to swear. Just post your data and if it can be reproduced/verified we'll believe you.

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Decicrim wrote: »

“Seem to”

None of these things affect drop rates.

I find that thinking positive thoughts about others while hitting sim gets me favorable results.