You can't say up to 50% bonus crystals if the max is 25%

Itsa_me_Malario
1308 posts Member
edited May 2021
96g2rb3ftv6t.jpg
xa7yfoag9rgk.jpg
You can't say up to 50% and then just give 2 different 25% boosts on different purchases, it's misleading

Replies

• Besteve
    126 posts Member
    You gotta carry the one, add a three, take the remainder, call Bernie madoff, and boom 50%.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    did you read it? it says if you buy both the next purchase afterward will have a 50% bonus
  • Just look at the top left
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Did you read this post.
    flux_rono wrote: »
    did you read it? it says if you buy both the next purchase afterward will have a 50% bonus

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Besteve
    126 posts Member
    I feel what the OP is saying is it’s misleading because it is.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Just look at the top left

And then read the announcement that says you can get 50%, meaning that "up to 50%" is correct.
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member

Just read the whole message?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Besteve wrote: »

It's literally 100% accurate
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Besteve wrote: »

If you don't read, I guess?
  • Kyno wrote: »

And then read the announcement that says you can get 50%, meaning that "up to 50%" is correct.

"May the 4th Special! Up to 50% bonus Crystals on select Crystal bundles!
    That is miss leading, it's up to 25% crystals and if you buy both new packs then you get the option of buying a random new pack that wasn't there before with 50% more crystals
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2021
    Kyno wrote: »

That is miss leading, it's up to 25% crystals and if you buy both new packs then you get the option of buying a random new pack that wasn't there before with 50% more crystals

No it's not misleading. It starts at 25, then goes up to 50.

It doesn't say "a" 50% bonus, its says "up to", because it doesnt start at 25, but can go "up to" 50.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

no. That's not how words work

Is miss leading in the running for miss USA?

It’s not misleading. You can get 50% off, but you can also get less. Hence “up to” 50%.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

It’s not misleading. You can get 50% off, but you can also get less. Hence “up to” 50%.

Yeah well I looked and there is only 25% so it's up to 25% not 50%
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    This thread is amazing. I love it.

It’s OK to misunderstand something. But to carry on once your mistake has been explained to you is not cool nor clever.

The very screenshot you posted states how one can obtain 50% off. Therefore it’s up to 50% off.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

That is why reading the whole message is important.

The title says "up to" 50% and then the message gives clear instructions on how to get "up to" 50%.

It's not misleading just because you choose not to read the whole message. That is not how that works.
  • Can you post up to 50% of your ally code?
  • So what you are saying is I should buy 2 packs that I don't want with real money, just so I can buy the pack I want?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So what you are saying is I should buy 2 packs that I don't want with real money, just so I can buy the pack I want?

No one is telling you to buy or not to buy anything. We are just clarifying that this is in no way misleading, and it is literally exactly what it says.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    So what you are saying is I should buy 2 packs that I don't want with real money, just so I can buy the pack I want?

ever seen a buy one get one free sale? You can't just buy the second one.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Different topic now.
  • **forum analogy time!!!**

Just for you Malario

I teach at a fee paying school. Parents with 1 child who attends the school pay X.

If they have a second child who joins the first child, they don’t pay 2X, they get a discount on the second child’s fees and pay 1.75X.

If they have a third child joining the first two, they get a further discount and pay only 2.25X.

Any child beyond the third’s fees is always 0.5X.

Our school advertise this as “up to 50% discount for siblings”. You can only get 50% if you have 3 or more children attending the school.

You’ve basically just asked if you can pay the discounted 3rd child fee without paying for the first two children.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    You’ve basically just asked if you can pay the discounted 3rd child fee without paying for the first two children.

How much are you selling children for???
  • TVF wrote: »

I’ll DM you the catalogue.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

"Up to 50% off" but who wants half a kid?
  • Depends which half. We can bisect them on any of the 3 axes!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Depends which half. We can bisect them on any of the 3 axes!

I don't care what you cut them with, it's gross
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Depends which half. We can bisect them on any of the 3 axes!

Now you're using axes to cut kids up???

This thread should be closed.