Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    , I’ll know if I’m spending or laughing at CG’s ineptitude that costs them truckloads of money. If they make KAM a req without changing how to get his shards, they’re going to lose a lot of money. That’s just a fact.

Posts like this just make me lol.

You think you know what makes people spend better than CG (and their data companies) and their data scientists do?

The amount of data these companies have on 'you' (generic sense) is insane - they know EXACTLY what will make people spend and what will not, and that drives 99% of these decisions.

Responses like this just make me LOL as well :)

You’re missing a glaring issue with your generic retort about player spending. If KAM’s farming source (a monthly TB guild mission) doesn’t change, and players cannot acquire him any other way, why would they spend on the other requirements when KAM will take a set amount of time to get? Why spend on the other 11 requirements when the last one isn’t available until 4 months later due to his farming method?
    It doesn’t require tons of data collection to make a common sense conclusion.

If they make KAM a req but also move him and Wat to the GET store then problem solved. People will still spend. If they don’t and keep him only attainable through the TB mission, people will just farm the other reqs FTP until they can actually get KAM to 7*. Why spend when you can’t complete the reqs? Again common sense. Thanks for coming to my TED talk ;)

Do you have data on millions of people across dozens/hundreds of games?

For all you know similar moves in other games - which data has been shared and compiled - has led to people trying to whale on getting toons better to beat those otherwise impossible missions etc.

You have no idea. I have no idea. But I guarantee you that CG knows - and they'll do what makes the more money, irregardless of your foot stomping posts.

Again. People can whale to get R8 on the clones and Shak Ti but can’t make the mission show up more than once a month. I’m willing to be that the average person has 5* KAM and then some. And that’s being gracious. That means that at 5* and change you need at minimum, 4 more months of perfect KAM runs to get him. Why would anyone, even Uber krakens spend on the other requirements when they can’t finish KAM off?

Is that common sense scenario sinking in? Or are you going to point to other games, and data when all this discussion really needs is common sense. Bash the negative speculation of him being a req as is, all you want. People are going to think how they do, and CG has past practices to blame. However I have no idea how you think anyone would whale on JKM when it would be worthless until KAM is 7*

Then it seems common sense and past practices of CG would lead us to the conclusion KAM will not be required, not that he would be.

Then why not just come out and say "This GL will not require any character achieved only through Geonosis Special Missions,"?

Because they are going to follow the outlined cadence.

If they tell us that we this set of GL's will not require any character obtained via a Geonosis Special Mission, how is that different than the outlined cadence?

Also, where did they outline the cadence? Just the "next set on 5/19, last set on 6/9"? Because they had that outlined cadence last time and still said "you won't need these 2 characters for the current GL" in the middle of it.

GLs are a specified tag in game, it is a group and not a specific character. That is what makes it different than breaking it for a specific character.
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    , I’ll know if I’m spending or laughing at CG’s ineptitude that costs them truckloads of money. If they make KAM a req without changing how to get his shards, they’re going to lose a lot of money. That’s just a fact.

You think you know what makes people spend better than CG (and their data companies) and their data scientists do?

The amount of data these companies have on 'you' (generic sense) is insane - they know EXACTLY what will make people spend and what will not, and that drives 99% of these decisions.

You’re missing a glaring issue with your generic retort about player spending. If KAM’s farming source (a monthly TB guild mission) doesn’t change, and players cannot acquire him any other way, why would they spend on the other requirements when KAM will take a set amount of time to get? Why spend on the other 11 requirements when the last one isn’t available until 4 months later due to his farming method?

If they make KAM a req but also move him and Wat to the GET store then problem solved. People will still spend. If they don’t and keep him only attainable through the TB mission, people will just farm the other reqs FTP until they can actually get KAM to 7*. Why spend when you can’t complete the reqs? Again common sense. Thanks for coming to my TED talk ;)

For all you know similar moves in other games - which data has been shared and compiled - has led to people trying to whale on getting toons better to beat those otherwise impossible missions etc.

You have no idea. I have no idea. But I guarantee you that CG knows - and they'll do what makes the more money, irregardless of your foot stomping posts.

Again. People can whale to get R8 on the clones and Shak Ti but can’t make the mission show up more than once a month. I’m willing to be that the average person has 5* KAM and then some. And that’s being gracious. That means that at 5* and change you need at minimum, 4 more months of perfect KAM runs to get him. Why would anyone, even Uber krakens spend on the other requirements when they can’t finish KAM off?

Is that common sense scenario sinking in? Or are you going to point to other games, and data when all this discussion really needs is common sense. Bash the negative speculation of him being a req as is, all you want. People are going to think how they do, and CG has past practices to blame. However I have no idea how you think anyone would whale on JKM when it would be worthless until KAM is 7*

Then it seems common sense and past practices of CG would lead us to the conclusion KAM will not be required, not that he would be.

Then why not just come out and say "This GL will not require any character achieved only through Geonosis Special Missions,"?

What's stopping for people demanding them from saying "This GL will not require any character from the XYZ factions" next?

They will come out and say that, or otherwise, indirectly, when we see the final list of requirements

Well then why did they tell us last time about 2 specific characters not being required for that set of GL's?

They didnt, they specified GLs and used them as examples.

They did, they specified "previous GL's" of which there are only ever going to be two. It's not like "use any 4 BH ships" to get the HMF, because there was always a possibility of adding more BH ships (and they now have, with RC). It is not possible to add any GL's that were released prior to JML and SEE, therefore it is not a "they specified a selectable type of character and gave examples."
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member

If they tell us that we this set of GL's will not require any character obtained via a Geonosis Special Mission, how is that different than the outlined cadence?

Also, where did they outline the cadence? Just the "next set on 5/19, last set on 6/9"? Because they had that outlined cadence last time and still said "you won't need these 2 characters for the current GL" in the middle of it.

GLs are a specified tag in game, it is a group and not a specific character. That is what makes it different than breaking it for a specific character.

As I just explained above, this is not true. They did not say "GL's will never be required for GL's." They said "previous GL's will not be required for this set of GL's." They did not give examples of a group, they explicitly listed the group as it will always exist. As such, it is no different than if they said "any character obtained via a Geonosis SM will not [or will] be required for JMK."
  • Really looking forward the full list of requirements.

I can see them throwing in Kit Fisto as a requirement because he's also trash and not many invested in him.

Cody and qui gon should be shoe ins.

I'd be very suprised if maul isn't one.

Ki adi would make sense but it'd completely close off kenobi to a majority of players including spending ones. Surely not the path cg would take.
  • Looking at player data only just over 4000 players have ki adi at level 6 or 7 stars. Not enough to make him a requirement in my opinion
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Really looking forward the full list of requirements.

I can see them throwing in Kit Fisto as a requirement because he's also trash and not many invested in him.

Cody and qui gon should be shoe ins.

I'd be very suprised if maul isn't one.

Ki adi would make sense but it'd completely close off kenobi to a majority of players including spending ones. Surely not the path cg would take.

Maul....idk. It makes sense but they wanna have a good chunk of toons that are newish marquees and those not really geared. Lots have him ready cause of SEE and more reqs will reveal toons who are already highly geared as is. So long as KAM isn’t one of them (or is needed at 4*) then I’ll be ok with it.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager

As I just explained above, this is not true. They did not say "GL's will never be required for GL's." They said "previous GL's will not be required for this set of GL's." They did not give examples of a group, they explicitly listed the group as it will always exist. As such, it is no different than if they said "any character obtained via a Geonosis SM will not [or will] be required for JMK."

Galactic Legend Jedi Master Kenobi will not require any of the previous GLs to unlock
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Galactic Legend Jedi Master Kenobi will not require any of the previous GLs to unlock

How about characters only available in TB Special Missions? ;)
  • Ripperpa
    298 posts Member
    Kam confirmed as a requirement!
  • @Ravens1113 I get where you're coming from. But I think you should just assume that KAM will either be required to unlock or required for the optimal squad. Hoard in the meantime, but set your expectations low.

That's what I've done. I was upset for a day or so. But now I'm starting to get excited at the prospect of unlocking SEE instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    @Ravens1113 I get where you're coming from. But I think you should just assume that KAM will either be required to unlock or required for the optimal squad. Hoard in the meantime, but set your expectations low.

That's what I've done. I was upset for a day or so. But now I'm starting to get excited at the prospect of unlocking SEE instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh I’m still hoarding as I was for Rey. The double drops are helping big time for the relic material.

My hype is more on CAT now rather than JMK with the mystery surrounding KAM being a req. Oh well 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    @Ravens1113 I get where you're coming from. But I think you should just assume that KAM will either be required to unlock or required for the optimal squad. Hoard in the meantime, but set your expectations low.

Oh I’m still hoarding as I was for Rey. The double drops are helping big time for the relic material.

My hype is more on CAT now rather than JMK with the mystery surrounding KAM being a req. Oh well 🤷🏻‍♂️

I also am super stoked for CAT. Really hoping she synergizes with clones, so I can reliably stick GAS/Shaak with Jedi teams going forward.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

I feel the same as you.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

I also am super stoked for CAT. Really hoping she synergizes with clones, so I can reliably stick GAS/Shaak with Jedi teams going forward.

Bad Batch is looking for a 5th member.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    It seems that JK Anakin lost his scar again. GL Scarface Anakin incoming ?
  • Starslayer wrote: »

Bad Batch is looking for a 5th member.

No! Please, God, NO!!!

Seriously though, Ahsoka had zero interaction with them. Unless she's in the BB TV show, which I haven't started yet.
  • BeralCator
    790 posts Member
    Looking at player data only just over 4000 players have ki adi at level 6 or 7 stars. Not enough to make him a requirement in my opinion

You could make the requirement G11?
  • BeralCator
    790 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Looking at player data only just over 4000 players have ki adi at level 6 or 7 stars. Not enough to make him a requirement in my opinion

You could make the requirement G11?

Or use a * gate rather than a gear one, like the Negotiator.

Or change the character kit so you can Relic him at less than 7*.

It's their game, they can do literally anything they want. There are plenty of ways to make KAM a requirement that still allows people to whale out.

Or they can keep GMK as a hyper-exclusive for guilds that whaled out last year on their 501st to have a 7* KAM by now. Which would suit me just fine as it means my arena shard and TW matches won't be flooded with them...
  • Is there any update about the issue with the accounts becoming lvl 1??? I'm very worried because today is going to be a territory war...
  • TheBen
    5 posts Member
    Update was somewhat disappointing…… not liking the drop in challenge rewards
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Crumb's got jokes :D
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    TheBen wrote: »

There isn’t a drop in challenge rewards ? You’re doing all the challenge sims at once instead of waiting 8s per sim. You still get the same amount
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    TheBen wrote: »

There isn’t a drop in challenge rewards ? You’re doing all the challenge sims at once instead of waiting 8s per sim. You still get the same amount

@TheBen this ^^^

Same rewards, just quicker.
  • Piewalker
    200 posts Member

Sound logic based on empirical data...you have no place here! Lol.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    They will neither confirm or deny KAM being needed, as to not set the precedent of breaking the release cadence set for GLs.
    Just like previous Galactic Legends we will be rolling out the requirements over time

Thats bad. Why should i spend on bokatan if kam is going to be included?

So basically by not confirming he wont be they are asking me to part with money without garuntee of return on investment.

Guess ill not be ready day 1
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    You can put CUP R8 if you want to
    Just NO KAM

RELIC 8 CUP IS WAY WORSE

No is not
    Players like me, can afford R8 mats now thanks to conquest (not able to do CRancor yet)

KAM is locked behind a BIG wall
    Our guild can't even do 1 shard yet because we can't get to his territory in time to begin with

Even when we did, we don't expect more than 10 shards per month

Best case scenario, you get 50 per month
    That's still 7 months to get him to 7*

Is a gigantic wall which includes time

The game includes paitience

And I will be patient when farming my toons, just I don't think it should be fair to lock down people THAT far for a character

7* KAM's are just being unlocked rn, and a big part of the playerbase doesn't own him yet

Yes, I know this is endgame content, but still, incluiding KAM means destroying guilds

Lots of people will abandon their guilds in order to farm that only piece that will be missing (KAM) and I don't like that idea

How many ppl with all 4 GLs don't have KAM yet? Or close enough once they finish other reqs?

Me for 1.

7.4 mil gp and kam not unlocked yet
  • Not sure where else to put this, I but I was wondering if you guys were considering doing a ship's squads, so we can have pre-setup ship teams.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    They will neither confirm or deny KAM being needed, as to not set the precedent of breaking the release cadence set for GLs.
    Just like previous Galactic Legends we will be rolling out the requirements over time

So basically by not confirming he wont be they are asking me to part with money without garuntee of return on investment.

I love how many people claim that CG will lose money over X or Y and assume that CG never thought of that possibility before making the decision (in conjunction with actual, you know, data). It's one of my favorite things about this place.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »

I love how many people claim that CG will lose money over X or Y and assume that CG never thought of that possibility before making the decision (in conjunction with actual, you know, data). It's one of my favorite things about this place.

That’s the ol TVF we know!

The funny thing is that it CG makes KAM a req without changing his farming locations, people won’t spend. It’s common sense.

Now if you want to discuss them knowing about this? I mean there have been instances of severe shortsighted decisions with the GAC division changes being the most recent, so such egregious oversight isn’t beyond them.