Bad Batch S1:E1 Chat (SPOILERS)

Replies

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Other idea i had... Omega's special ability is she can mimic abilities she sees. (Think the Marvel villian Taskmaster)

Clearly she mimics Hunter. She picks up Crosshair's blaster skills.

The only thing throwing me right now is she clearly has precognition in the prison room with Crosshair.

She tells him dont do it and she knows he will and also that its not his fault.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Sebek wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I loved that Wrecker had a tooka doll.

Same! I wish we had gotten enough heads up to make it his in-game relic. That would've been so perfect.

Wouldn't changing the relic picture/name take like 5 minutes?

Well art takes time you know

That's the last thing we want them messing with again
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    What if Omega is a clone of Kenobi?

I was thinking that... or anakin.

Both were on kamino a few times.

and boys will be boys....
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    Man i love Omega so much. She's going to be great
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Balí_Keno wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »
    It's actually Cut Lawquane who helped Rex and who the next episode is referring to.

Is it confirmed? I thought it was because Hunter and Wrecker have knives so you know cut
    J-19 is where the Clones met the deserter, Cut Lawquane
    . So, seems to be pointing in that direction.

I thought that Cut was on Saleucami. Is J-19 the numerical name for it?

J-19 is where Saleucami is located at.

Okay, thank you. But how would they know Cut is the question then.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    qo9lerldyp8w.png

Every time i saw omega on screen i couldn't unsee palpatine

I wonder if she's palpatine's clone, and ends up being Rey's mom (the ages line up)

And I think it makes sense for palpatine to ask kaminoans to create a clone of himself i think
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    qo9lerldyp8w.png

I wonder if she's palpatine's clone, and ends up being Rey's mom (the ages line up)

And I think it makes sense for palpatine to ask kaminoans to create a clone of himself i think

Didn't Tech pretty much confirm se is a clone of them? I'm sure it isn't that hard for Kaminoans scientists to swap the gender of a clone.
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    qo9lerldyp8w.png

Wouldn’t the clones be the same gender?

I do have a feeling that they experimented with force abilities on clones with her though. It seemed like Omega might be force sensitive.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Potato211 wrote: »
    qo9lerldyp8w.png

Didn't Tech pretty much confirm se is a clone of them? I'm sure it isn't that hard for Kaminoans scientists to swap the gender of a clone.

He indicated she was "a clone". Don't recall any specific wording that implied she was necessarily cloned from the same thing.
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    qo9lerldyp8w.png

He indicated she was "a clone". Don't recall any specific wording that implied she was necessarily cloned from the same thing.

Nala Se did say there were "Five defective clones" or at least, only five remain. Keyword "Defective".
    Maybe her defect was that, gender and smarter i guess? She is Nala Se's medical assistant after all
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    qo9lerldyp8w.png

Nala Se did say there were "Five defective clones" or at least, only five remain. Keyword "Defective".
    Maybe her defect was that, gender and smarter i guess? She is Nala Se's medical assistant after all

They said in the show gender was likely her defect
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    Something i haven't see anyone mention: The mess hall brawl. I laughed my **** off
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Tech said she's a clone, but not a jango clone

There was another exchange in the episode where Tech knew something but acted like its not a big deal

I think he said something about inhibitor chips but never explained to the team in detail, but someone pressed him on about it and then he went on explaining to the team

The conversation felt super similar when everyone was like surprised she was a clone and Tech knew but acted like its not a big deal
  • Hazhivo
    16 posts Member
    Something i haven't see anyone mention: The mess hall brawl. I laughed my **** off
    IKR it was great
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Tech said she's a clone, but not a jango clone

There was another exchange in the episode where Tech knew something but acted like its not a big deal

I think he said something about inhibitor chips but never explained to the team in detail, but someone pressed him on about it and then he went on explaining to the team

The conversation felt super similar when everyone was like surprised she was a clone and Tech knew but acted like its not a big deal

She looks like Satine Kryze but different color eyes.
  • Shuster123
    217 posts Member
    The best scene ever is wrecker saying "I LIKE TO BLOW THINGS UP CAUSE I LIKE TO BLOW THINGS UP"
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Same! I wish we had gotten enough heads up to make it his in-game relic. That would've been so perfect.

I don't think that you would get any flak from the community if it was changed to the Tooka doll. Put it in as a stealth change and make a poll in the office to see how long the until the community notices!
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I don't think that you would get any flak from the community if it was changed to the Tooka doll. Put it in as a stealth change and make a poll in the office to see how long the until the community notices!

This pleeeease change it. It's an innocent change
  • I am going to be kind of sad if they don’t include crosshair in the swgoh bad batch squad. They can just give us the version of him before order 66 so we can have a full BB team. Or do you think they might end up giving us Omega instead? We don’t know much about her yet so maybe they want to add her but are waiting so they don’t spoil the show. Not sure but I want a full BB squad in swgoh
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Great episode.

Explains why we are getting echo for bad batch next and not crosshair

So who is omega a clone of.... shes probably got all there enhancements. She can shoot she has heightened awareness.... strength and tech skills are missing so far.

We don't want Omega to get labeled a Mary Sue this quickly in a show. LOL I'm sure we will see what other abnormalities will manifest themselves. We will watch her career with great interest.
  • The first episode was ok. Lot of set up, which is to be expected. Wasn't expecting another view of Order 66, though was surprised that the chips in Bad Batch worked 75%. I was hoping that Crosshair would be a misdirection in the ads to generate hype. Though I think Tech is going to figure out the chip and find a way to remove Crosshair's chip. It will probably take the first season to do so, but that will probably give CG a journey opportunity like Beskar Mando. So I am holding out hope that Crosshair will be added to my collection *cough cough*.
    Omega was an interesting character. The Kaminoans really like messing around with the DNA. I'm pretty sure shes a Fett clone, accent is more subtle, kinda sounds like young Boba.
    At first I thought Caleb was Cal, though it was a nice tie in.
  • Giggsi
    8 posts Member
    khdelboy wrote: »
    It's May the Fourth and the Bad Batch series is FINALLY here!

Let's discuss. Be warned, spoilers will likely be in the chat.
    And how about that Caleb Dume intro!?!

Huh. Didn’t realise it was HIM. I have no idea of his real name.

Will we ever get Crosshair as character in the game?
  • Giggsi wrote: »

I don't see how we wouldn't. The question is, which side will he be on? I would like to see Crosshair in the Bad Batch, where he belongs. But that may spoil the show, which is what I think the hang up is. I'm thinking a Beskar Mando style journey.
  • Giggsi
    8 posts Member
    Giggsi wrote: »

I don't see how we wouldn't. The question is, which side will he be on? I would like to see Crosshair in the Bad Batch, where he belongs. But that may spoil the show, which is what I think the hang up is. I'm thinking a Beskar Mando style journey.

I was most hyped for Crosshair to join GoH cause of his sniper skills but well...
  • RTS
    682 posts Member

I literally laughed out loud when Wrecker threw the 2nd tray as the guy was walking away.
  • RTS wrote: »

I literally laughed out loud when Wrecker threw the 2nd tray as the guy was walking away.

I think it was funny that Omega started it. She definitely will fit in with the misfits, but that only makes sense since she is the 5th unusual clone.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Man i love Omega so much. She's going to be great

From the trailer I was oh great they are adding a child that no one wants to the mix. But I changed my tune after watching that first episode.
  • DonPuto
    371 posts Member
    Crosshair should remain an imp troop and connect with Gideon some day so he can be the 5th remnant that's missing.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    DonPuto wrote: »
    Crosshair should remain an imp troop and connect with Gideon some day so he can be the 5th remnant that's missing.

Unless he's dead by the time Gideon is around.
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    DonPuto wrote: »

Unless he's dead by the time Gideon is around.

Old as butt probably. But if Rex can still fight...