Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Feats might be another reason - if the battle could last indefinitely, you could get multiple full feats from a single battle, especially against an enemy that revives.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Feats might be another reason - if the battle could last indefinitely, you could get multiple full feats from a single battle, especially against an enemy that revives.

True.
  • How is work divided up? I mean is there one team working on UI improvments, one for new characters, one for new modes, obe for bugs? Or is it one person in charge of each portion and the other members work on all those aspects as their expertise is needed?

Also, what is the eta on getting a squads tab for our fleet roster?

Thank you and keep on gaming!
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    LockStep wrote: »
    How is work divided up? I mean is there one team working on UI improvments, one for new characters, one for new modes, obe for bugs? Or is it one person in charge of each portion and the other members work on all those aspects as their expertise is needed?

Also, what is the eta on getting a squads tab for our fleet roster?

Thank you and keep on gaming!

I believe the fleet squads tab is a larger issue than they can handle. I think Doja mentioned this awhile ago.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Can we get a possibility to see how old our account is? I really would like to know when I started with the game. But I can't remember. Game center ist not precisely if you didn't link your account the first day.
    Post edited by zatho on
  • Could someone, who knows 100% accurately, if an account has 1 character with 185 shards but not unlocked and buy HDB, that char appears unlocked with 5* and you have your 185 shards or you loose that shards. Although with 5* plus 185 shards could be upgraded to 7*.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    CLPiloto1 wrote: »
    Could someone, who knows 100% accurately, if an account has 1 character with 185 shards but not unlocked and buy HDB, that char appears unlocked with 5* and you have your 185 shards or you loose that shards. Although with 5* plus 185 shards could be upgraded to 7*.

I’m 99.9% sure you lose those shards. I remember I had enough Zeb shards to 6 or 7* Zeb but I didn’t actually do it before I bought the HBD and I lost all those shards and had to re get him to 7*
  • I think there should be a mode in the game that doesn't have a daily limit, doesn't cost stamina, and doesn't necessarily give rewords but is more of a training program where you can select different teams to test your strategies on based off of you galactic power. I believe it would make the game more fun, and help players develop new strategies.
  • And there should be a thing in the menu that has all of the definitions in it, (such as what different buffs/debuffs do) I am still after years having to stop a battle every once and a while to read the buffs and such. I think it would save people a lot of time and make the game easier to understand.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    And there should be a thing in the menu that has all of the definitions in it, (such as what different buffs/debuffs do) I am still after years having to stop a battle every once and a while to read the buffs and such. I think it would save people a lot of time and make the game easier to understand.
    You just need to tap and hold a unit in battle to get a description of all the (de)buffs active. A menu would be unhandy as you can't access is during battle. I am sure you can also get information about all buffs/debuffs via web. So why trouble the devs with.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Was this thread one of the instigators of the GAC division changes?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    Was this thread one of the instigators of the GAC division changes?

No.
  • Liquid_Hippie024
    23 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Hondo! Windu rework! Light side droid leader! Red 5! I'll say it every time!
  • Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

As I've been working on a plan for broader community engagement, I've also been considering visiting topics of interest that you, the players, would like to hear more about.

While this seems like the perfect opportunity for trolls to really let it fly on this thread (it's the internet, I get it), let me be more specific by adding the caveat that I am not asking for a list of currently-known, hot-button issues. I am very familiar with the sentiment surrounding those issues, and have done my part to communicate your feelings.

What I'm asking for are any topics of interest that need more explanation (such as a dev breakdown on certain game mechanics -- similar to the Scrybe video breakdown), might be fun to talk about ( for example, some of your favorite Galactic Challenges and what made them enjoyable), or a behind the scenes look at older features/content (I plan on one day telling the story about staying at the studio until 4am to work on the STR mere days before its release).

So, let's hear it. Feel free to include reasons you think it's fun or valuable for the community to explore your suggested topic.

I'd like to know why you pumped so much into a mandelorian faction that basically sucks. & now switched gears after people poured tons of resources into them. Not really a great thing
  • Bring back Quality of Life Updates!!
  • Guys I would really like to see ISB Agent Callus (Dark Side Empire etc)and Agent Callus (Fulcrum) (Light side Rebel Phoenix squadron etc) let’s face it he was and integral part of Rebels and even the Inquisitors and Fen Rou (Light Side Rebel mandolorian Phoenix Squadron) would be awesome to see.
  • Like to see the kids from Resistance as well!!
  • Ct214476
    176 posts Member
    Would it be possible to have an option on each character screen to be able to switch between models?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ct214476 wrote: »
    Would it be possible to have an option on each character screen to be able to switch between models?

No its not.
  • Zombefyer
    586 posts Member
    CG_Doja_Fett
    Because of the final season of 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars', one character we'd really love to see is Admiral Trench, who, as a Fleet Commander, could be a Defensive Alternative to General Grievous.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Zombefyer wrote: »
    CG_Doja_Fett
    Because of the final season of 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars', one character we'd really love to see is Admiral Trench, who, as a Fleet Commander, could be a Defensive Alternative to General Grievous.

That would be great. They should add Admiral Trench.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Bellows_8
    11 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »
    Zombefyer wrote: »
    CG_Doja_Fett

That would be great. They should add Admiral Trench.

I also think they should add Hondo since he was a big part of the Clone Wars tv show
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    So the new format for the Q&A's is dead or gonna take even more time? Asking for a friend who isnt one of the 802 Operation Metaverse followers and doesnt pay any attention to them.....this seems to be just another one of CG's classic "say one thing, do another".
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    So the new format for the Q&A's is dead or gonna take even more time? Asking for a friend who isnt one of the 802 Operation Metaverse followers and doesnt pay any attention to them.....this seems to be just another one of CG's classic "say one thing, do another".

The "new format" was (is) intended to be more like the OM thing they did.

I cant speak about the direct details but it seems he wanted to go with a more "take in a bunch of points", "sort", then "disseminate answers". Rinse and repeat.

There are many road blocks along the way and in part the dissemination methods and frequency seem to be where he is having the trouble (not all on one side or the other) and that is where he is trying to figure out the best new path forward.

So no not really a "say one thing, do another", more of a "say one thing", "try to do it", and now try to improve it.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Kyno wrote: »

I cant speak about the direct details but it seems he wanted to go with a more "take in a bunch of points", "sort", then "disseminate answers". Rinse and repeat.

There are many road blocks along the way and in part the dissemination methods and frequency seem to be where he is having the trouble (not all on one side or the other) and that is where he is trying to figure out the best new path forward.

So no not really a "say one thing, do another", more of a "say one thing", "try to do it", and now try to improve it.

We were never given a reason why the old Q&A's stopped, although we can all guess why as its painfully obvious. My problem is that they have been "working" on this new format with nothing to really come of it. Why pick OM...they only have 802 followers on Twitch and 8.7k on YT...Ahnald has over 15.5k AND HE DOESNT EVEN STREAM ON TWITCH and has 195K on YT. It's like EA releasing some news about a new game by giving it to the Hotdog stand guy on the corner rather than some big game news outlet.

How many people even watched the OM thing? Is there a reader's digest version or do we have to sit through an entire VOD that didnt interest memy friend, in the first place? How is picking one to the smallest streamers "getting community questions answered in a fun and interesting way as Crumb and I work to broaden the ways in which we engage with the players."?

People have questions, people want answers, people don't want to have to sift through a thread that is basically the "Ask Kyno" thread or watch some obscure twitch channel. Bring back the old Q&A's. Effective communication with the player base should be built into the schedule, so its quite important.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    1. Reasons were given on why it stopped
    2. What's wrong with not going with the largest content creator? Isn't it nice to let others shine?
    3. CG does make announcements to bring attention to OM or GWR or other platforms when they do
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Ultra wrote: »
    1. Reasons were given on why it stopped
    2. What's wrong with not going with the largest content creator? Isn't it nice to let others shine?
    3. CG does make announcements to bring attention to OM or GWR or other platforms when they do

1. Enlighten me, as I must have missed it.
    2. Whats wrong with going with the biggest? Whens the last time CG has done that?
    3. GWR and OM are constantly getting attention from CG, why not someone else (like you stated above)

the OM May the 4th video has 1275 views.....1275.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

We were never given a reason why the old Q&A's stopped, although we can all guess why as its painfully obvious. My problem is that they have been "working" on this new format with nothing to really come of it. Why pick OM...they only have 802 followers on Twitch and 8.7k on YT...Ahnald has over 15.5k AND HE DOESNT EVEN STREAM ON TWITCH and has 195K on YT. It's like EA releasing some news about a new game by giving it to the Hotdog stand guy on the corner rather than some big game news outlet.

How many people even watched the OM thing? Is there a reader's digest version or do we have to sit through an entire VOD that didnt interest memy friend, in the first place? How is picking one to the smallest streamers "getting community questions answered in a fun and interesting way as Crumb and I work to broaden the ways in which we engage with the players."?

People have questions, people want answers, people don't want to have to sift through a thread that is basically the "Ask Kyno" thread or watch some obscure twitch channel. Bring back the old Q&A's. Effective communication with the player base should be built into the schedule, so its quite important.

As I said I cant speak to the details.

Many said the old QAs were not effective communication.

Why not work with other sources? Why wouldnt they want to help any content creator, and not just the big ones? Also as I said, I believe frequency and dissemination were one of the bigger roadblocks he hit.

Broader would mean more sources, not just the big ones, so that could be part of the plan and it's just going through growing pains.

People are always going to have questions and want answers, I dont think there is any single way that is going to resolve that situation, and it seems that everyone involved is just trying to help build to a better situation.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

As I said I cant speak to the details.

Many said the old QAs were not effective communication.

Why not work with other sources? Why wouldnt they want to help any content creator, and not just the big ones? Also as I said, I believe frequency and dissemination were one of the bigger roadblocks he hit.

Broader would mean more sources, not just the big ones, so that could be part of the plan and it's just going through growing pains.

People are always going to have questions and want answers, I dont think there is any single way that is going to resolve that situation, and it seems that everyone involved is just trying to help build to a better situation.

Both you and Ultra keep saying "not just the big ones"....when the last time they worked with Ahnald....who has the biggest audience in SWGOH? Wouldnt you want to start a new series, or whatever CG is calling it, by starting it on the biggest channel to get the most attention, so they can then shine a light on the smaller channels? OM and GWR are getting ALL the love and have been for quite some time...isn't it time to shine on someone else?. CG's hate for Ahnald is real. Like him or not, you can't argue that he has the biggest reach in SWGOH and that reach could be used to inform and possibly bring in new players, especially now since there are new SW mobile games on the horizon.

I will give Crumb credit for going on CubFanHan's stream in March for the conquest launch to chat, which was nice, wish he did that more often.

I believe that Doja and Crumb wasted their time (something they say is extremely tight) on a video that only gained 1275 views.
This discussion has been closed.