New Arena Shard - x2? It looks like 2 Arena Shards were created last night

FiraDor
7 posts Member
The Arena Shards were created last night - I'm not talking about 1 Arena and 1 Fleet shard ;) But really 2 different Arena Shards.

We can't find a reason for it so far, but we confirmed many times, our 1st positions are completely different...

Replies

• TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    Could be CG preparing for an influx of people for May 4th, but that would still be... very odd.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Not sure why this is odd, it has to happen at some point in time, doesnt it?

We always knew shards where created when one was full, but it would have been silly to have it actually start with one player in at a time.
  • New shards have always started when the previous one hit 20,000 players. I planned to join the new shard with a few friends on new accounts and then do it only to find out that we were placed in separate NEW shards. When I joined my new shard was in the 40s (very new) and they ended up together in a different new shard also in the top 50. We joined less than 2 hours apart and shards have typically taken no less than a week to fill up all 20,000 spots. Only explanations I can think of are: its a bug, or they made unannounced changes to how shards are formed.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    Chowbox27 wrote: »
    ... Only explanations I can think of are: its a bug, or they made unannounced changes to how shards are formed.

Or that targeted Bad Batch marketing from a $1B game, the release of that series, and May 4th all hitting at the same time made for an influx (or expected influx) of >20k new players?
  • FiraDor
    7 posts Member
    Chowbox27 wrote: »
    ... Only explanations I can think of are: its a bug, or they made unannounced changes to how shards are formed.

Or that targeted Bad Batch marketing from a $1B game, the release of that series, and May 4th all hitting at the same time made for an influx (or expected influx) of >20k new players?

The weird thing is... That so far it's been reported that people seems to be falling in both shards... I'd need to test it out and created a burner account to see why I'd drop ... But Both shards cannot be filled... and this would have happed on the 4th not the day before it

@Kyno I promise we checked... And Chow is a great example because of his mates wanting to join the same shard...

So either someone had 20k burner account to fill a shard :sunglasses: and wanted to control it... Or there really something that happened
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We never had an explanation of how the shards were formed, this is all based on players educated guesses with all the information we can get.

It is possible that they changed how they are formed to allow for a different distribution, but we are not likely to get an announcement around that kind of background change.
  • FiraDor
    7 posts Member
    Seriously they'd make such a change without announcement?
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    They never announced the rules before, so why would they need to announce a change?
  • FiraDor
    7 posts Member
    Go away troll :wink: I was trying to find out if it was mentioned anywhere before

Obviously if they never did... Then it opens the door to changes without mention
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    FiraDor wrote: »
    Go away troll :wink: I was trying to find out if it was mentioned anywhere before

Obviously if they never did... Then it opens the door to changes without mention
    You might want to look up “troll”. Although I do live under a bridge and don’t like goats.
  • New shards have to be created, and how they are created is unknown.

A possible explanation for falling ranks is that players from an older shard were put into the new ones to get rid of old shards that had fewer people, and they are older and hence stronger.

Just speculating.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @Realkickaxe I'm sure that players are not moved between shards. It has happened once with one specific shard and back then it was announced that it was a one off and not something that will be done on other shards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    New shards have to be created, and how they are created is unknown.

A possible explanation for falling ranks is that players from an older shard were put into the new ones to get rid of old shards that had fewer people, and they are older and hence stronger.

Just speculating.

They have stated they do not move players around once they are in shards, and I'm not seeing anything here that indicates what you are saying, can you clarify?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I feel terrible for all the people, who CG allows to park their chars in main guilds to get GK/traya/mal/neg etc and hoard energy for months and years so they can easily dominate arena shards right off the bat when they finally join, who timed it just wrong. Sad stuff
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno wrote: »
    New shards have to be created, and how they are created is unknown.

Just speculating.

They have stated they do not move players around once they are in shards, and I'm not seeing anything here that indicates what you are saying, can you clarify?

If they don't move people, then I am wrong, obviously. But what I meant is...say an old shard had most of the people in it quit the game, so they just shut down that shard and relocate the older players to new ones. That would put stronger players in new shards, hence making the newer players in those shards drop down in rank.

Like I said, just speculation, but if they don't move anyone, then clearly that doesn't happen.