[MEGA] Road Ahead: April 2021

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    They will neither confirm or deny KAM being needed, as to not set the precedent of breaking the release cadence set for GLs.
    Just like previous Galactic Legends we will be rolling out the requirements over time

Thats bad. Why should i spend on bokatan if kam is going to be included?

So basically by not confirming he wont be they are asking me to part with money without garuntee of return on investment.

Guess ill not be ready day 1

I love how many people claim that CG will lose money over X or Y and assume that CG never thought of that possibility before making the decision (in conjunction with actual, you know, data). It's one of my favorite things about this place.

That’s the ol TVF we know!

The funny thing is that it CG makes KAM a req without changing his farming locations, people won’t spend. It’s common sense.

But they haven't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    They will neither confirm or deny KAM being needed, as to not set the precedent of breaking the release cadence set for GLs.
    Just like previous Galactic Legends we will be rolling out the requirements over time

So basically by not confirming he wont be they are asking me to part with money without garuntee of return on investment.

I love how many people claim that CG will lose money over X or Y and assume that CG never thought of that possibility before making the decision (in conjunction with actual, you know, data). It's one of my favorite things about this place.

That’s the ol TVF we know!

The funny thing is that it CG makes KAM a req without changing his farming locations, people won’t spend. It’s common sense.

But they haven't.

And? People can speculate if they’d like based on CG’s past practices. You think CG isn’t beneath such a requirement?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Where did i say theyd lose money?

I asked why i should buy my way to 7 star on bokatan if i have no garuntee i wont be getting screwed.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Not sure where else to put this, I but I was wondering if you guys were considering doing a ship's squads, so we can have pre-setup ship teams.

At some point in the last few months CG has said that there were no plans to do ship squad presets because of some technically difficulties with coding it.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    StarSon wrote: »
    Not sure where else to put this, I but I was wondering if you guys were considering doing a ship's squads, so we can have pre-setup ship teams.

At some point in the last few months CG has said that there were no plans to do ship squad presets because of some technically difficulties with coding it.

I read the statement to mean that they were still planned, but it wouldn't be something that could happen quickly. Not that they wouldn't happen.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »

I read the statement to mean that they were still planned, but it wouldn't be something that could happen quickly. Not that they wouldn't happen.

That would be much preferred. It is sorely needed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I dont think they said they had no plans to make one, just that there were some technical challenges to doing so.

If you have a quote of them saying there were no plans on it, that would be helpful.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    edited May 2021

I dont think they said they had no plans to make one, just that there were some technical challenges to doing so.

If you have a quote of them saying there were no plans on it, that would be helpful.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2221490#Comment_2221490

Edit: for just the quote of Doja (which I know he doesn't say no plans, he does say "if ever").
    Ooof...the ship squads tab is something I totally went to bat for, but it'll likely be a while (if ever) because there's some weird wonky shenanigans going on under the hood with ships that makes it a monumental task, apparently. Sorry, y'all but I tired.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Yeah, when Doja said that, I didn't see it as not happening but rather, it got re-prioritized (for later?) since it ended up being a lot more work than initially estimated
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Maybe the "shipload of changes" will include presets too?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    @CG_Doja_Fett @CG_SBCrumb

Since you guys are taking away some data disks, and that more changes are incoming, can we please stop with the currency penalty for switching data disks? Honestly.

There are so many different combos I want to try out but can’t because I’ll lose so much currency mixing and matching. If data disk experiments are meant to be a big part of the experiment then don’t penalize us for theory crafting with them. That’s gotta go
  • Mattysvk
    28 posts Member
    By the way...not sure if anyone here noticed, but Rey model in her Journey event is still inexistent at the end of Tier 6 as part of her appearance change. I didn't read whole thread, so my apologies, if it was already mentioned.
  • Wormio
    60 posts Member
    Thoughts on the remainder of the GLMK Requirements?

Glad to see him coming to the game!!
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    Qui-Gon and Cody are a MUST for me at least, maybe Griveous or Maul too, the rest idk tbh, nothing else really convince me, probably they'll add more trash jedi council members such as Kit Fisto
  • Wormio
    60 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Qui-Gon and Cody are a MUST for me at least, maybe Griveous or Maul too, the rest idk tbh, nothing else really convince me, probably they'll add more trash jedi council members such as Kit Fisto

Agreed.. Probably any of the council members killed in Order 66, Kit, I would say Maul, and a new thought I haven't seen mentioned Padawan Anakin (yet to be released but maybe coming soon). If not, then perhaps Satine.
  • Cody, Qui Gon, Yoda, Jedi knight Anakin, Clone (green one).
    Maul, kit fisto, plo koon, Jedi consular, C3PO
  • Those are my thoughts
  • rdufield
    115 posts Member
    I really hope that characters that haven't even become farmable are not going to be required for the new galactic legend. Personally i dont think you guys would ever do that but I guess only time will tell.
  • rdufield wrote: »
    I really hope that characters that haven't even become farmable are not going to be required for the new galactic legend. Personally i dont think you guys would ever do that but I guess only time will tell.

What they will do instead if they bring out a new marquee that is needed for kenobi is expedite their farm, bringing them to chromium packs and stores only. I believe CG recognizes toons as farmable if they are in packs and shops for xtals. They did this before I thinkwhere they expidited the toons and brought them to the stores earlier.

If they make us do a journey or legendary like Luke, im going to be a sad boi if I gotta end up relicing 5 or 6 more chars on the side.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Hasnt every GL had one to two panic farms?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

Yeah which is why Bo-Trashtan is one for JMK. I can’t imagine the bad batch being needed as their marquee event literally just ended. They usually give a month of farming F2P before they start the GL event
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Bo-Trashtan

How long did you need to come up with that one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Bo-Trashtan

How long did you need to come up with that one.

Less time than it took for you to read and respond
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Yeah which is why Bo-Trashtan is one for JMK. I can’t imagine the bad batch being needed as their marquee event literally just ended. They usually give a month of farming F2P before they start the GL event

RH Poe and Piett both only became farmable at the same time as the GL events went live. I’m not expecting Bad Batch reqs either but the previous timelines don’t rule them
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

RH Poe and Piett both only became farmable at the same time as the GL events went live. I’m not expecting Bad Batch reqs either but the previous timelines don’t rule them

It doesn’t but they’d have to severely cut down on the time for Bad Batch to be farmable. I think Bo-Trashtan (for you TVF) will be on that same timeline as RH Poe and Piett though.

I think it’s gonna be some overlap on previous GL reqs or those that most have relic already, some not so common, some that are mostly G8 then panic farms like Bo. So long as they don’t make KAM a req as is, I’m content waiting still till June for those requirements.

I really hope that they rework the GR jedi and make tickets not be lost if you fail or retreat a mission. That would be amazing
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

It doesn’t but they’d have to severely cut down on the time for Bad Batch to be farmable. I think Bo-Trashtan (for you TVF) will be on that same timeline as RH Poe and Piett though.

I think it’s gonna be some overlap on previous GL reqs or those that most have relic already, some not so common, some that are mostly G8 then panic farms like Bo. So long as they don’t make KAM a req as is, I’m content waiting still till June for those requirements.

I really hope that they rework the GR jedi and make tickets not be lost if you fail or retreat a mission. That would be amazing

There are no reworks planned.

The other point is being raised, again with other event feedback.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Maybe they should plan on them since that used to be one of the best things about forcing us to gear up otherwise useless characters; or the faction passes/reworks when Carrie still called the shots....ahhhh....memories
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Maybe they should plan on them since that used to be one of the best things about forcing us to gear up otherwise useless characters; or the faction passes/reworks when Carrie still called the shots....ahhhh....memories

When did we have a toon that was required get a rework?

OB? Maybe... I just dont recall an instance where those 2 things were connected and a rework was done to make something meaningful vs just a rework to add synergy.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Vet Han and Chewie?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?