Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Bo-Trashtan

How long did you need to come up with that one.

Less time than it took for you to read and respond

Still too much time.

Anecdotal

I love when people use this wrong.

How so? Not to to detract from the thread too much but you made a personal opinion not based on facts and your own personal experience. So what may seem like too much time for you, is not too much for others.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk

IMO “subjective” would be a better term than anecdotal.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »
    Bo-Trashtan

Still too much time.

Anecdotal

How so? Not to to detract from the thread too much but you made a personal opinion not based on facts and your own personal experience. So what may seem like too much time for you, is not too much for others.

Either or works honestly. Anecdotal used because that’s what TVF always tells people.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    hes going to be required. 100%.

Probably not, but we both know you wont be back here to talk about how you were wrong when we found out hes not required.

Will you if he is required?
    Also, what is your reasoning behind "probably not"? He fits right in and hasn't been ruled out. It seems to be no less likely than other GR Jedi.

Why wouldnt I, and I have already stated my position on this and made other remarks as well.

Really he seems no less likely? Nothing about him would make him a very unlikely candidate? Interesting.

Well, he's apparently not special enough to warrant an announcement, why should he be special enough to be less likely?

Those 2 things have nothing to do with each other.

Why not? Why should he get special treatment in one thing but not another? Also, there was already a very exclusive character as a GL requirement...

Who said he gets special treatment?

Not every jedi was needed for JML. Not every GR will be needed for JMK.

So what makes him less likely than other GR Jedi, when he doesn't get special treatment? You claimed that he probably won't be included...
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Personal opinion/prediction:

1) Is KAM going to be required to unlock JMK?
    No. Only a very limited amount of players actually have a 7* KAM and it would stop many big spenders of whaling out on him. To some degree we already had a time wall on a previous GL that whales/krakens that just joined the game or just made a new alt account couldn't get past - the GET1/2 chars for JML But many (or maybe the most?) whales are spread across mid range guilds (or highend guilds that are too casual to be successful at the KAM mission and only get like 10-20 shards) and not the usual suspects like MAW, CAW, etc. so locking that big group out of the JMK race would result in a huge drop of potential $ income for CG. I just don't see that happening.
    2) Is KAM going to be good for JMK?
    I absolutely think so. There's a very high chance that he's going to be part of the arena meta JMK lineup. The thing is that JMK is going to have that GR Jedi tags and KAM will give him the juicy bonuses. +30 speed (potentially outrunning all other GLs), +40% max HP and +20% offense are huge (the offense equal to 10% of max HP thing could easily become very strong aswell if JMK has something in his leadership to further boost that). I don't see JMK getting a support tag (he should get the tank tag) but if he does for some reason, then the JMK + KAM combo could be op.
    3) Is KAM going to be more accessible (Guild event sore, championship store, ...)?
    I don't see him getting moved in one of the stores. Moving him into the guild event store would make it too easy for midrange and endgame players as most of us have enough GET1+2 tokens saved up, only the new players would still be locked out. It would only undermine the effort of players that invested into Shaak + 501st (and the corresponding mods) and spent a lot of time to get their KAM. This mostly also applies to the championship store with the only differnce that probably less people have a currency hoard there. However I do see a possibility of KAM becoming more accessible: The Bad Batch. If the BB is gonna perform better than Shaak + 501st in the Reek mission (and it turned out that they are a really strong 4 man squad so having to include ARC as the weaker 5th wheel might not be such a big problem) and it's easier and less RNG dependant then we could see an increase of KAM shards earned by these more casual guilds.

tl;dr:
    1) KAM probably not required cuz of $$
    2) good chance that KAM is going to be needed for a top JMK arena team
    3) unlikely that he goes in one of the stores; there's a chance that Bad Batch will make the Reek mission easier
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • FofoBett
    135 posts Member
    okay - how about these requirements for GL Kenobi?

GAS R8
    Gen Grevious R7 - as he was a major pain in the a-- for GK in clone wars.
    Rex R5 - major supporter for GK in clone wars
    General Ashoka Tana - a given I think - R7
    Jedi Knight Guardian - just because no-one will have relic'd this one - R5

Then next 5...

Jango Fett R5 - Camino conflict when he found out about the clones
    Darth Maul R7 - as old enemies
    Qui Gon - an old master R7
    New character to be released - Jar Jar Binks (come one we all know we want another useless toon to R5!)
    (okay maybe not JJB) - how about Tuskan Raider - R3 for his self imposed exhile after the clone wars?
    Finally - Hunter or a bad batch crew member...just because they have released them.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2021

Probably not, but we both know you wont be back here to talk about how you were wrong when we found out hes not required.

Also, what is your reasoning behind "probably not"? He fits right in and hasn't been ruled out. It seems to be no less likely than other GR Jedi.

Why wouldnt I, and I have already stated my position on this and made other remarks as well.

Really he seems no less likely? Nothing about him would make him a very unlikely candidate? Interesting.

Well, he's apparently not special enough to warrant an announcement, why should he be special enough to be less likely?

Why not? Why should he get special treatment in one thing but not another? Also, there was already a very exclusive character as a GL requirement...

So what makes him less likely than other GR Jedi, when he doesn't get special treatment? You claimed that he probably won't be included...

It has nothing to do with special treatment. He is less likely, if you dont think that, that's on you.

No one is arguing against the lore.

People saying it's going to happen, just say of course CG would.

Many people have laid out logical and fairly normal patterns that KAM doesnt fit to explain why he wont.

You just want to have some way to twist things to try and make it sound like they should make an early statement, when there is no reason.

If people want to let this misinformation and stuff influence how they farm or plan for the future in this game, welcome to the same world everyone else who plays lives in. We all have to make choices based in what we see in the stars, this is nothing new.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

It has nothing to do with special treatment. He is less likely, if you dont think that, that's on you.

Many people have laid out logical and fairly normal patterns that KAM doesnt fit to explain why he wont.

You just want to have some way to twist things to try and make it sound like they should make an early statement, when there is no reason.

If people want to let this misinformation and stuff influence how they farm or plan for the future in this game, welcome to the same world everyone else who plays lives in. We all have to make choices based in what we see in the stars, this is nothing new.

Still no actual reason why he should be less likely. You have a chance to convince me, but you are totally wasting it.
    And it's not misinformation. Just speculation you don't like.
  • Shuster123
    217 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I don't know if this has been said but notice how at the end it said a ship load of changes
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Shuster123 wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been said but notice how at the end it said a ship load of changes

It has and honestly, that's the part I'm the most excited about.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member

Still no actual reason why he should be less likely. You have a chance to convince me, but you are totally wasting it.
    I can’t speak for Kyno but these are my reasons for believing he’s less likely;
    Excludes a large majority of the player base, doesn’t get CG any money as people can’t whale on him which is normally their bottom line. Probably makes one of the least sense from a lore perspective as well. Other than being on the council together KAM and obi wan had next to no interaction in any of the films or shows, at least none that I can remember. All together that all says to me that he’s less likely than others. Every chance he will be required in the end but if I’m looking at all the people that would make sense for his requirements KAM is lower on the list for me but that’s just how I’m looking at it. You seem to have a different view of it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Nope, I do not have to convince you. He is not special, he is just a normal toon. He is less likely because he doesnt fit any previous way they have done things, and doesnt break any new ground like other "first time" type of change.

I love speculation, but this is more than speculation when people want to act like this is some sort of special circumstance, because its not.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Bo-Trashtan

Still too much time.

Anecdotal

Either or works honestly. Anecdotal used because that’s what TVF always tells people.

Nope. Subjective is correct, anecdotal is not.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    They aren’t going to tell us. Plain and simple. KAM might be required, he might not. We will find out in June.

If you think KAM will be required (and you don’t have him), keep hoarding and accept that you will be slightly further behind on Bo Katan shards due to fewer purchases if he is not. If you think KAM won’t be required, go ahead and spend the crystals now. No matter which decision you make, please don’t complain later. You knew the risks of both approaches.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Nope, I do not have to convince you. He is not special, he is just a normal toon. He is less likely because he doesnt fit any previous way they have done things, and doesnt break any new ground like other "first time" type of change.

I love speculation, but this is more than speculation when people want to act like this is some sort of special circumstance, because its not.

How does he not fit? The lore checks out and GL requirements are full of "just normal toons".
  • CT_Waxer_7777
    175 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Y’all know CG reads this thread and is well aware of how you feel right? That said, I don’t think any company knowing the circumstances around KAM would require him—including CG. The reason they won’t clarify is because they don’t want the status quo of breaking cadence when people complain. I originally thought this was just diverting attention, but on reconsideration I came to realize that there will ALWAYS be a hard character to get in question for future GLs. All CG is saying, is the rules are rules, now, and with GLs years from now.
  • Nauros wrote: »

How does he not fit? The lore checks out and GL requirements are full of "just normal toons".

In regards to lore, almost anything can fit in if you twist it enough. GAS, CAT, Bad Batch, New Maul, Jedi knight Luke, New chancellor palpatine? Lore is not the only way requirements are based. I tend to believe it’s mostly characters relevant to the GL. It all comes down to your view of the company not lore. I view CG optimistically so I do not think he will be required. Others do not share my view
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Welcome back, everyone! Once again I'm going to attempt to predict the remaining requirements for the next Galactic Legend, Who is no other than Jedi Master Kenobi! Join me today as I discuss who I believe will be needed for JMK and also who I firmly believe won't be. Will KAM be needed? Will GAS be needed? I will give my answers on what I think today so I can help you all best prepare what's next in-store in the journey to unlock GL Kenobi. As always everyone please share the video with you're friends and guilds if you enjoy it and consider subscribing to the channel, lets all work together and get GLK unlocked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT0gPESJDJU&list=PLELbvkhyYDgJOKdUFZYdsPKlcwHcc3rT5&index=1&ab_channel=Zaraos
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Others have explained that lore is close, but not necessarily a slam dunk for why he would be needed.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Others have explained that lore is close, but not necessarily a slam dunk for why he would be needed.

It sure is closer than the version of Bo-Katan we have, possibly even any version of her...
  • Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Personal opinion/prediction:

tl;dr:
    1) KAM probably not required cuz of $$
    2) good chance that KAM is going to be needed for a top JMK arena team

I think this is the most crucial point a few have made. If whether KAM is a req is ruining JMK for you, I would just assume that #2 is true. The odds that neither are true seem very low to me. I'd move on from anger/bargaining, get through depression, and on to acceptance.
  • Nauros wrote: »

It sure is closer than the version of Bo-Katan we have, possibly even any version of her...

Lest we all forget, Ebon Hawk was required for Rey XD
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

Is this CG's fault? No

While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Lest we all forget, Ebon Hawk was required for Rey XD

Let's just agree, for the sake of sanity, to never speak of that one again.

Is this CG's fault? No

I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Bo-Trashtan

Still too much time.

Anecdotal

Nope. Subjective is correct, anecdotal is not.

You’re incorrect since either one works. But meh, whatever loo