[MEGA] Road Ahead: April 2021

Replies

  • Nauros
    5165 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    hes going to be required. 100%.

    Probably not, but we both know you wont be back here to talk about how you were wrong when we found out hes not required.

    Will you if he is required?
    Also, what is your reasoning behind "probably not"? He fits right in and hasn't been ruled out. It seems to be no less likely than other GR Jedi.

    Why wouldnt I, and I have already stated my position on this and made other remarks as well.

    Really he seems no less likely? Nothing about him would make him a very unlikely candidate? Interesting.

    Well, he's apparently not special enough to warrant an announcement, why should he be special enough to be less likely?

    Those 2 things have nothing to do with each other.

    Why not? Why should he get special treatment in one thing but not another? Also, there was already a very exclusive character as a GL requirement...

    Who said he gets special treatment?

    Not every jedi was needed for JML. Not every GR will be needed for JMK.

    So what makes him less likely than other GR Jedi, when he doesn't get special treatment? You claimed that he probably won't be included...

    It has nothing to do with special treatment. He is less likely, if you dont think that, that's on you.

    No one is arguing against the lore.

    People saying it's going to happen, just say of course CG would.

    Many people have laid out logical and fairly normal patterns that KAM doesnt fit to explain why he wont.

    You just want to have some way to twist things to try and make it sound like they should make an early statement, when there is no reason.

    If people want to let this misinformation and stuff influence how they farm or plan for the future in this game, welcome to the same world everyone else who plays lives in. We all have to make choices based in what we see in the stars, this is nothing new.

    Still no actual reason why he should be less likely. You have a chance to convince me, but you are totally wasting it.
    And it's not misinformation. Just speculation you don't like.

    Nope, I do not have to convince you. He is not special, he is just a normal toon. He is less likely because he doesnt fit any previous way they have done things, and doesnt break any new ground like other "first time" type of change.

    I love speculation, but this is more than speculation when people want to act like this is some sort of special circumstance, because its not.

    How does he not fit? The lore checks out and GL requirements are full of "just normal toons".

    Others have explained that lore is close, but not necessarily a slam dunk for why he would be needed.

    It sure is closer than the version of Bo-Katan we have, possibly even any version of her...

    Lest we all forget, Ebon Hawk was required for Rey XD

    Let's just agree, for the sake of sanity, to never speak of that one again.
  • Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

    Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

    For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

    Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

    While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

    Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

    I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

    They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

    The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

    There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

    So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

    You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.
  • Ravens1113
    4647 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Bo-Trashtan

    How long did you need to come up with that one.

    Less time than it took for you to read and respond

    Still too much time.

    Anecdotal

    I love when people use this wrong.

    How so? Not to to detract from the thread too much but you made a personal opinion not based on facts and your own personal experience. So what may seem like too much time for you, is not too much for others.

    Thanks for coming to my Ted talk

    IMO “subjective” would be a better term than anecdotal.

    Either or works honestly. Anecdotal used because that’s what TVF always tells people.

    Nope. Subjective is correct, anecdotal is not.

    You’re incorrect since either one works. But meh, whatever loo
  • Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

    Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

    For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

    Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

    While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

    Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

    I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

    They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

    The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

    There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

    So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

    You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.

    So it is wrong for calling out exactly what is going on? I never said "jerks" either, that's your interpretation of my response. Being upset over something that hasn't happened is irrational. The rules and cadences of releases are well established and anyone who has played for any significant length of time complaining about it on the forums should reevaluate their leisure time activities.

    Again, you insist on misrepreseting them. As I said, they are not upset that "KAM is required" because we don't know that yet. They are upset because the possiblity of him being required is ruining the hype for them. Just because CG/EA have decided this is how they want to release GL requiremets does not mean they are somehow forced to do it this way. CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people. I will repeat it a few times since you and so many others keep glossing over it.

    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.

    Further, for some, they will have to make a decision between the guild they love and the new toon they desperately want.

    So you have yet to call out "exactly what is going on". You are at best only looking at this at the very surface level and at worst deliberately straw-manning them. But you have also taken it a step further and attacked their character.

    "As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars."

    Your words. You claim that if the shoe were on the other foot they would not care about others.

    So, to recap, your entire reaction to them is not based on what they are actually upset about, and you've lobbied a few ad hominem attacks. And when I calmly tried to explain to you that your ire was misdirected, you doubled down rather than re-evaluating. If you think people have no right to be upset by uncertainty, by all means, make that point.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

    Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

    For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

    Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

    While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

    Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

    I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

    They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

    The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

    There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

    So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

    You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.

    So it is wrong for calling out exactly what is going on? I never said "jerks" either, that's your interpretation of my response. Being upset over something that hasn't happened is irrational. The rules and cadences of releases are well established and anyone who has played for any significant length of time complaining about it on the forums should reevaluate their leisure time activities.

    Again, you insist on misrepreseting them. As I said, they are not upset that "KAM is required" because we don't know that yet. They are upset because the possiblity of him being required is ruining the hype for them. Just because CG/EA have decided this is how they want to release GL requiremets does not mean they are somehow forced to do it this way. CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people. I will repeat it a few times since you and so many others keep glossing over it.

    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.

    Further, for some, they will have to make a decision between the guild they love and the new toon they desperately want.

    So you have yet to call out "exactly what is going on". You are at best only looking at this at the very surface level and at worst deliberately straw-manning them. But you have also taken it a step further and attacked their character.

    "As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars."

    Your words. You claim that if the shoe were on the other foot they would not care about others.

    So, to recap, your entire reaction to them is not based on what they are actually upset about, and you've lobbied a few ad hominem attacks. And when I calmly tried to explain to you that your ire was misdirected, you doubled down rather than re-evaluating. If you think people have no right to be upset by uncertainty, by all means, make that point.

    To be fair, many people complain and ask when an event is coming back and we rarely, if ever, see this level of support or "outcry" in support of them finding out, when that is exactly the same situation of "information being withheld" due to a stated cadence.

    To be honest, I dont think anyone has the right to be upset if CG makes a stated plan with dates and states they are going to follow it and follows it. People get upset when they dont follow stated plans, so we really can't ask to have it either way when it suits us, can we? But that is just my take on this.
  • CG can do whatever it wants and its consumers can do the same...that being said CG has made exceptions and changed things before...heck they even changed the GL’s relic requirements when the first set was released. So this set in stone/cadence argument is bunk. To me this issue is so odd..just to either come out and say it or should have mentioned KAM was required with the first set of requirements. To me you say cadence...I them see fooling people to invest (spend money) now. All you guys can say “well they should wait” but many people are addicted to the game and have a fear missing out. I feel bad that CG preys on these folks.
  • TargetEadu
    1312 posts Member
    I mean, people have definitely gotten upset with CG’s stated plans before (see: Grand Arena redistribution). But that’s usually a problem with new things and not older structures like GL Cadence.

    The problem is KAM is really an outlier character. On one hand, the only real category he fits in is TB Reward Character, which current precedent (with ROLO needed for JKL/JML) says we do not get advance warning for. On the other hand, comparing the difficulty level in obtaining KAM to obtaining ROLO, or even fellow Geo TB character Wat, is absurd.
  • Starslayer
    1694 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

    Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

    For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

    Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

    While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

    Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

    I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

    They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

    The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

    There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

    So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

    You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.

    So it is wrong for calling out exactly what is going on? I never said "jerks" either, that's your interpretation of my response. Being upset over something that hasn't happened is irrational. The rules and cadences of releases are well established and anyone who has played for any significant length of time complaining about it on the forums should reevaluate their leisure time activities.

    Again, you insist on misrepreseting them. As I said, they are not upset that "KAM is required" because we don't know that yet. They are upset because the possiblity of him being required is ruining the hype for them. Just because CG/EA have decided this is how they want to release GL requiremets does not mean they are somehow forced to do it this way. CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people. I will repeat it a few times since you and so many others keep glossing over it.

    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.

    Further, for some, they will have to make a decision between the guild they love and the new toon they desperately want.

    So you have yet to call out "exactly what is going on". You are at best only looking at this at the very surface level and at worst deliberately straw-manning them. But you have also taken it a step further and attacked their character.

    "As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars."

    Your words. You claim that if the shoe were on the other foot they would not care about others.

    So, to recap, your entire reaction to them is not based on what they are actually upset about, and you've lobbied a few ad hominem attacks. And when I calmly tried to explain to you that your ire was misdirected, you doubled down rather than re-evaluating. If you think people have no right to be upset by uncertainty, by all means, make that point.

    To be fair, many people complain and ask when an event is coming back and we rarely, if ever, see this level of support or "outcry" in support of them finding out, when that is exactly the same situation of "information being withheld" due to a stated cadence.

    To be honest, I dont think anyone has the right to be upset if CG makes a stated plan with dates and states they are going to follow it and follows it. People get upset when they dont follow stated plans, so we really can't ask to have it either way when it suits us, can we? But that is just my take on this.
    I can only speak for myself, but it’s not about being upset if kam is a prerequisite but a case of raw vs rai (rules as written vs rules as intended for those wondering) considering telling players prerequisites in advance.
    Raw, everything is fine and dandy. But for the majority of players, rai don’t work: if there is a possibility that a non-farmable character is required (which possibility is not dismissed by raw if I’m not mistaken), then the reasonable decision is to wait until you know every prerequisite in order to start getting ready. So rai, which is letting players know by waves so they could get ready, don’t work properly anymore, except for those having (or being close to) kam 7*. If indeed it is rai (and judging from the non-answers, it seems to be), fine, let’s move along. But the question had merits.
  • Ravens1113
    4647 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    The problem is people getting worked up based on pure speculation and expecting CG to set their mind at ease 3 weeks early.

    To be fair, when JML and SEE were announced and speculation on other GL’s being reqs ran rampant, the devs came out and said “past GL’s will not be required for new GL releases” That immediately set those fears to bed.

    They could do the same exact thing here and say “Characters obtained solely through TB missions alone will not be required for GL’s”

    Same precedence as what they’ve already set. But hey....why not put out rampant speculation?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

    Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

    For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

    Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

    While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

    Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

    I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

    They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

    The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

    There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

    So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

    You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.

    So it is wrong for calling out exactly what is going on? I never said "jerks" either, that's your interpretation of my response. Being upset over something that hasn't happened is irrational. The rules and cadences of releases are well established and anyone who has played for any significant length of time complaining about it on the forums should reevaluate their leisure time activities.

    Again, you insist on misrepreseting them. As I said, they are not upset that "KAM is required" because we don't know that yet. They are upset because the possiblity of him being required is ruining the hype for them. Just because CG/EA have decided this is how they want to release GL requiremets does not mean they are somehow forced to do it this way. CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people. I will repeat it a few times since you and so many others keep glossing over it.

    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.

    Further, for some, they will have to make a decision between the guild they love and the new toon they desperately want.

    So you have yet to call out "exactly what is going on". You are at best only looking at this at the very surface level and at worst deliberately straw-manning them. But you have also taken it a step further and attacked their character.

    "As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars."

    Your words. You claim that if the shoe were on the other foot they would not care about others.

    So, to recap, your entire reaction to them is not based on what they are actually upset about, and you've lobbied a few ad hominem attacks. And when I calmly tried to explain to you that your ire was misdirected, you doubled down rather than re-evaluating. If you think people have no right to be upset by uncertainty, by all means, make that point.

    To be fair, many people complain and ask when an event is coming back and we rarely, if ever, see this level of support or "outcry" in support of them finding out, when that is exactly the same situation of "information being withheld" due to a stated cadence.

    To be honest, I dont think anyone has the right to be upset if CG makes a stated plan with dates and states they are going to follow it and follows it. People get upset when they dont follow stated plans, so we really can't ask to have it either way when it suits us, can we? But that is just my take on this.
    I can only speak for myself, but it’s not about being upset if kam is a prerequisite but a case of raw vs rai (rules as written vs rules as intended for those wondering) considering telling players prerequisites in advance.
    Raw, everything is fine and dandy. But for the majority of players, rai don’t work: if there is a possibility that a non-farmable character is required (which possibility is not dismissed by raw if I’m not mistaken), then the reasonable decision is to wait until you know every prerequisite in order to start getting ready. So rai, which is letting players know by waves so they could get ready, don’t work properly anymore, except for those having (or being close to) kam 7*. If indeed it is rai (and judging from the non-answers, it seems to be), fine, let’s move along. But the question had merits.

    So you dont see the slippery slope of not following the cadence every time someone says, but I need to know now?

    And, how is this different than someone who wants to get a legendary or other the second time around and could whale to finish but the event is "close" and not knowing means they could whale and miss it. In this case the advice would be just plow ahead and be ready as soon as possible so you dknt miss it. I guess that's not the acceptable answer in this case.

    Players can and will always find a way to claim the raw are not rai.

    The reasonable decision is always to wait, and plan then follow the plan. I have never seen any other plan of action called reasonable, when it comes to unlocking a GL.
  • StarSon
    6161 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    The problem is people getting worked up based on pure speculation and expecting CG to set their mind at ease 3 weeks early.

    To be fair, when JML and SEE were announced and speculation on other GL’s being reqs ran rampant, the devs came out and said “past GL’s will not be required for new GL releases” That immediately set those fears to bed.

    They could do the same exact thing here and say “Characters obtained solely through TB missions alone will not be required for GL’s”

    Same precedence as what they’ve already set. But hey....why not put out rampant speculation?

    Crumb has said the same for JMK (no previous GL's). But again, it's a set group of characters that cannot change, so it's the same as specifically listing 4 characters that are excluded, which would be no different than telling us no KAM.

    I understand the logic behind assuming KAM won't be required, as they've never required a non-farmable character before. But before DR they didn't have Kyro's, and before g13 only new characters needed those Kyro's. And probably any other number of things that they did for the first time.

    And, as for everyone else saying "well if they say no KAM I demand they say no 'insert character here'," that's just silly, because KAM is nothing like any other character they could possibly require. No one is demanding anything, either.

    But, I'll go back to not caring about their new shiny for a minimum of 5 weeks until I know for sure.
  • Starslayer
    1694 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

    Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

    For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

    Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

    While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

    Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

    I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

    They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

    The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

    There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

    So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

    You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.

    So it is wrong for calling out exactly what is going on? I never said "jerks" either, that's your interpretation of my response. Being upset over something that hasn't happened is irrational. The rules and cadences of releases are well established and anyone who has played for any significant length of time complaining about it on the forums should reevaluate their leisure time activities.

    Again, you insist on misrepreseting them. As I said, they are not upset that "KAM is required" because we don't know that yet. They are upset because the possiblity of him being required is ruining the hype for them. Just because CG/EA have decided this is how they want to release GL requiremets does not mean they are somehow forced to do it this way. CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people. I will repeat it a few times since you and so many others keep glossing over it.

    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.

    Further, for some, they will have to make a decision between the guild they love and the new toon they desperately want.

    So you have yet to call out "exactly what is going on". You are at best only looking at this at the very surface level and at worst deliberately straw-manning them. But you have also taken it a step further and attacked their character.

    "As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars."

    Your words. You claim that if the shoe were on the other foot they would not care about others.

    So, to recap, your entire reaction to them is not based on what they are actually upset about, and you've lobbied a few ad hominem attacks. And when I calmly tried to explain to you that your ire was misdirected, you doubled down rather than re-evaluating. If you think people have no right to be upset by uncertainty, by all means, make that point.

    To be fair, many people complain and ask when an event is coming back and we rarely, if ever, see this level of support or "outcry" in support of them finding out, when that is exactly the same situation of "information being withheld" due to a stated cadence.

    To be honest, I dont think anyone has the right to be upset if CG makes a stated plan with dates and states they are going to follow it and follows it. People get upset when they dont follow stated plans, so we really can't ask to have it either way when it suits us, can we? But that is just my take on this.
    I can only speak for myself, but it’s not about being upset if kam is a prerequisite but a case of raw vs rai (rules as written vs rules as intended for those wondering) considering telling players prerequisites in advance.
    Raw, everything is fine and dandy. But for the majority of players, rai don’t work: if there is a possibility that a non-farmable character is required (which possibility is not dismissed by raw if I’m not mistaken), then the reasonable decision is to wait until you know every prerequisite in order to start getting ready. So rai, which is letting players know by waves so they could get ready, don’t work properly anymore, except for those having (or being close to) kam 7*. If indeed it is rai (and judging from the non-answers, it seems to be), fine, let’s move along. But the question had merits.

    So you dont see the slippery slope of not following the cadence every time someone says, but I need to know now?
    Players can and will always find a way to claim the raw are not rai.

    Yes and often yes. But it doesn't change the fact that in this particular case, I think that it has merits. And it would be the same for Wat, btw. Basically all "non-farmable with any type of currency" characters have the potential to kill the hype and make the "it allows players to get ready in advance" not work properly. I guess the problem is more visible here because a large chunk of players are concerned by the "being able to go for a new GL and not having KAM close to 7*" situation.
    The reasonable decision is always to wait, and plan then follow the plan. I have never seen any other plan of action called reasonable, when it comes to unlocking a GL.

    No issue there (waiting for some testing before going all in is probably an even better course of action) ! But it's the annoucement that claimed that this release cadence would allow players to start getting ready in advance. Again, I'm not saying that they have to tell the players, they do what they want and it's absolutely fine like that, just pointing that it may be an oversight in this very specific case.
    And, how is this different than someone who wants to get a legendary or other the second time around and could whale to finish but the event is "close" and not knowing means they could whale and miss it. In this case the advice would be just plow ahead and be ready as soon as possible so you dknt miss it. I guess that's not the acceptable answer in this case.

    What you describe is not a raw vs rai situation (Or if it is, I don't see it ^^).

    Again, no issue if it's rai, and very clearly it is. But please understand that the "you know some stuff in advance so get ready in advance" only work for KAM owners because of that.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2669 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    The problem is people getting worked up based on pure speculation and expecting CG to set their mind at ease 3 weeks early.

    To be fair, when JML and SEE were announced and speculation on other GL’s being reqs ran rampant, the devs came out and said “past GL’s will not be required for new GL releases” That immediately set those fears to bed.

    They could do the same exact thing here and say “Characters obtained solely through TB missions alone will not be required for GL’s”

    Same precedence as what they’ve already set. But hey....why not put out rampant speculation?

    Even if they did come out and say it, they could always do a 180 "after internal review", so there is precedent for that as well. The bottom line is you cant take CG at their word, only their actions.
  • Here is the short and skinny when it comes to gl kenobi. 1) They aren’t going to tell us if or if not kam will be required. 2) cg loves money, and having kam as a requirement won’t make them money so they won’t require kam at least not 7 star. If they do make kam a requirement it will be a 5* kam or less. Either way, horde your resources and WAIT PATIENTLY to see what comes out with the next sets of requirements. If they make kam relic requirement I can pivot to any other character and boast them fast and go for a different gl or start towards kenobi. I’m with everyone on wanting to know, but I’m preparing for it either way and still stoked that we are getting gl kenobi.
  • Keyth
    23 posts Member
    Negotiator is only required at 6* so I highly doubt KAM will be required... but hey what do I know?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

    Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

    For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

    Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

    While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

    Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

    I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

    They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

    The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

    There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

    So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

    You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.

    So it is wrong for calling out exactly what is going on? I never said "jerks" either, that's your interpretation of my response. Being upset over something that hasn't happened is irrational. The rules and cadences of releases are well established and anyone who has played for any significant length of time complaining about it on the forums should reevaluate their leisure time activities.

    Again, you insist on misrepreseting them. As I said, they are not upset that "KAM is required" because we don't know that yet. They are upset because the possiblity of him being required is ruining the hype for them. Just because CG/EA have decided this is how they want to release GL requiremets does not mean they are somehow forced to do it this way. CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people. I will repeat it a few times since you and so many others keep glossing over it.

    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.

    Further, for some, they will have to make a decision between the guild they love and the new toon they desperately want.

    So you have yet to call out "exactly what is going on". You are at best only looking at this at the very surface level and at worst deliberately straw-manning them. But you have also taken it a step further and attacked their character.

    "As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars."

    Your words. You claim that if the shoe were on the other foot they would not care about others.

    So, to recap, your entire reaction to them is not based on what they are actually upset about, and you've lobbied a few ad hominem attacks. And when I calmly tried to explain to you that your ire was misdirected, you doubled down rather than re-evaluating. If you think people have no right to be upset by uncertainty, by all means, make that point.

    To be fair, many people complain and ask when an event is coming back and we rarely, if ever, see this level of support or "outcry" in support of them finding out, when that is exactly the same situation of "information being withheld" due to a stated cadence.

    To be honest, I dont think anyone has the right to be upset if CG makes a stated plan with dates and states they are going to follow it and follows it. People get upset when they dont follow stated plans, so we really can't ask to have it either way when it suits us, can we? But that is just my take on this.
    I can only speak for myself, but it’s not about being upset if kam is a prerequisite but a case of raw vs rai (rules as written vs rules as intended for those wondering) considering telling players prerequisites in advance.
    Raw, everything is fine and dandy. But for the majority of players, rai don’t work: if there is a possibility that a non-farmable character is required (which possibility is not dismissed by raw if I’m not mistaken), then the reasonable decision is to wait until you know every prerequisite in order to start getting ready. So rai, which is letting players know by waves so they could get ready, don’t work properly anymore, except for those having (or being close to) kam 7*. If indeed it is rai (and judging from the non-answers, it seems to be), fine, let’s move along. But the question had merits.

    So you dont see the slippery slope of not following the cadence every time someone says, but I need to know now?
    Players can and will always find a way to claim the raw are not rai.

    Yes and often yes. But it doesn't change the fact that in this particular case, I think that it has merits. And it would be the same for Wat, btw. Basically all "non-farmable with any type of currency" characters have the potential to kill the hype and make the "it allows players to get ready in advance" not work properly. I guess the problem is more visible here because a large chunk of players are concerned by the "being able to go for a new GL and not having KAM close to 7*" situation.

    but this doesn't stop them from getting ready in advance. KAM being or not being a requirement doesn't mean you can't get ready. if you let others speculation ruin your hype, there is not much anyone can do for you (not the literal you by the way), there will always be something someone can say that you can latch on to and ruin the hype.
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

    Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

    For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

    Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

    While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

    Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

    I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

    They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

    The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

    There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

    So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

    You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.

    So it is wrong for calling out exactly what is going on? I never said "jerks" either, that's your interpretation of my response. Being upset over something that hasn't happened is irrational. The rules and cadences of releases are well established and anyone who has played for any significant length of time complaining about it on the forums should reevaluate their leisure time activities.

    Again, you insist on misrepreseting them. As I said, they are not upset that "KAM is required" because we don't know that yet. They are upset because the possiblity of him being required is ruining the hype for them. Just because CG/EA have decided this is how they want to release GL requiremets does not mean they are somehow forced to do it this way. CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people. I will repeat it a few times since you and so many others keep glossing over it.

    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.

    Further, for some, they will have to make a decision between the guild they love and the new toon they desperately want.

    So you have yet to call out "exactly what is going on". You are at best only looking at this at the very surface level and at worst deliberately straw-manning them. But you have also taken it a step further and attacked their character.

    "As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars."

    Your words. You claim that if the shoe were on the other foot they would not care about others.

    So, to recap, your entire reaction to them is not based on what they are actually upset about, and you've lobbied a few ad hominem attacks. And when I calmly tried to explain to you that your ire was misdirected, you doubled down rather than re-evaluating. If you think people have no right to be upset by uncertainty, by all means, make that point.

    To be fair, many people complain and ask when an event is coming back and we rarely, if ever, see this level of support or "outcry" in support of them finding out, when that is exactly the same situation of "information being withheld" due to a stated cadence.

    To be honest, I dont think anyone has the right to be upset if CG makes a stated plan with dates and states they are going to follow it and follows it. People get upset when they dont follow stated plans, so we really can't ask to have it either way when it suits us, can we? But that is just my take on this.
    I can only speak for myself, but it’s not about being upset if kam is a prerequisite but a case of raw vs rai (rules as written vs rules as intended for those wondering) considering telling players prerequisites in advance.
    Raw, everything is fine and dandy. But for the majority of players, rai don’t work: if there is a possibility that a non-farmable character is required (which possibility is not dismissed by raw if I’m not mistaken), then the reasonable decision is to wait until you know every prerequisite in order to start getting ready. So rai, which is letting players know by waves so they could get ready, don’t work properly anymore, except for those having (or being close to) kam 7*. If indeed it is rai (and judging from the non-answers, it seems to be), fine, let’s move along. But the question had merits.

    So you dont see the slippery slope of not following the cadence every time someone says, but I need to know now?
    Players can and will always find a way to claim the raw are not rai.

    The reasonable decision is always to wait, and plan then follow the plan. I have never seen any other plan of action called reasonable, when it comes to unlocking a GL.

    No issue there (waiting for some testing before going all in is probably an even better course of action) ! But it's the annoucement that claimed that this release cadence would allow players to start getting ready in advance. Again, I'm not saying that they have to tell the players, they do what they want and it's absolutely fine like that, just pointing that it may be an oversight in this very specific case.


    Players can get ready, and if they choose not to, that is also ok. It isn't an oversight, its a specific case where the player base wants more information, and will try anything to reason why they should get it. Many players would love more information, and are always asking for it, but that is not always the way things work.
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

    Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

    For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

    Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

    While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

    Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

    I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

    They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

    The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

    There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

    So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

    You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.

    So it is wrong for calling out exactly what is going on? I never said "jerks" either, that's your interpretation of my response. Being upset over something that hasn't happened is irrational. The rules and cadences of releases are well established and anyone who has played for any significant length of time complaining about it on the forums should reevaluate their leisure time activities.

    Again, you insist on misrepreseting them. As I said, they are not upset that "KAM is required" because we don't know that yet. They are upset because the possiblity of him being required is ruining the hype for them. Just because CG/EA have decided this is how they want to release GL requiremets does not mean they are somehow forced to do it this way. CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people. I will repeat it a few times since you and so many others keep glossing over it.

    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.

    Further, for some, they will have to make a decision between the guild they love and the new toon they desperately want.

    So you have yet to call out "exactly what is going on". You are at best only looking at this at the very surface level and at worst deliberately straw-manning them. But you have also taken it a step further and attacked their character.

    "As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars."

    Your words. You claim that if the shoe were on the other foot they would not care about others.

    So, to recap, your entire reaction to them is not based on what they are actually upset about, and you've lobbied a few ad hominem attacks. And when I calmly tried to explain to you that your ire was misdirected, you doubled down rather than re-evaluating. If you think people have no right to be upset by uncertainty, by all means, make that point.

    To be fair, many people complain and ask when an event is coming back and we rarely, if ever, see this level of support or "outcry" in support of them finding out, when that is exactly the same situation of "information being withheld" due to a stated cadence.

    To be honest, I dont think anyone has the right to be upset if CG makes a stated plan with dates and states they are going to follow it and follows it. People get upset when they dont follow stated plans, so we really can't ask to have it either way when it suits us, can we? But that is just my take on this.
    I can only speak for myself, but it’s not about being upset if kam is a prerequisite but a case of raw vs rai (rules as written vs rules as intended for those wondering) considering telling players prerequisites in advance.
    Raw, everything is fine and dandy. But for the majority of players, rai don’t work: if there is a possibility that a non-farmable character is required (which possibility is not dismissed by raw if I’m not mistaken), then the reasonable decision is to wait until you know every prerequisite in order to start getting ready. So rai, which is letting players know by waves so they could get ready, don’t work properly anymore, except for those having (or being close to) kam 7*. If indeed it is rai (and judging from the non-answers, it seems to be), fine, let’s move along. But the question had merits.

    So you dont see the slippery slope of not following the cadence every time someone says, but I need to know now?
    Players can and will always find a way to claim the raw are not rai.

    And, how is this different than someone who wants to get a legendary or other the second time around and could whale to finish but the event is "close" and not knowing means they could whale and miss it. In this case the advice would be just plow ahead and be ready as soon as possible so you dknt miss it. I guess that's not the acceptable answer in this case.

    What you describe is not a raw vs rai situation (Or if it is, I don't see it ^^).

    Again, no issue if it's rai, and very clearly it is. But please understand that the "you know some stuff in advance so get ready in advance" only work for KAM owners because of that.
    Second, in the initial two runs of the events, we believe players that have invested widely and made preparation for the event should be rewarded for their diligence.

    that is the RAW, but in the situation i have described, they dont seem to be rewarded for their diligence.

    thats not true, it works for anyone who doesn't have everything ready. there are X other toons to get ready. the only thing the possibility of KAM introduces is a different timeline for players who want to base everything on what someone else said with no evidence.

    Players often have to deal with the unknown in many situations, it seems that this time "its special" because "we" want it to be. People who dont want to be hyped, wont be. its ok. There is more than enough actual reasons that have been explained in some decent detail, but that doesn't seem to override the " Of course he is required" hype killer. it seems that the people who want to know for this reason, seem to just want to know rather than anything being based on "speculation", as the more detailed seeming speculation points to no.

    we will find out in a few more weeks.
  • TargetEadu
    1312 posts Member
    Do we have confirmation that there’s GL #6 coming after Kenobi? There’s no explicit mentions of it but the post does say the “new round of Galactic Legends”, plural.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Do we have confirmation that there’s GL #6 coming after Kenobi? There’s no explicit mentions of it but the post does say the “new round of Galactic Legends”, plural.

    I guess not we dont have confirmation, but they did say they were not release 2 at the same time this time, but they seem to be alluding to still doing 2 at time in many ways.
  • Jakdnels
    615 posts Member
    The only reason to release requirements in stages is to gate it the worst at the final level.
  • Zombefyer
    353 posts Member
    So far, the requirements are General Kenobi, Mace Windu, Aayla Secura, Bo-Katan Kryze and the Negotiator. Who else could be required next?
  • KAM.
  • Zombefyer
    353 posts Member
    Grand Master Yoda
  • Zombefyer
    353 posts Member
    Commander Cody
Sign In or Register to comment.