Matchmaking is a joke

HolidayNCambodia
9 posts Member
edited May 2021
"It should be a challenge for new players."

A Challenge I like, as long as there is a feasible path to victory for me to figure out. To pit my level 53 Gear 6 Phoenix Squad just beginning to gather mods against a level 65 Bastila Shan lead G8 lead Jedi team with 4 and 5 dot mods in the sixth match is not challenging, its making it impossible for me and any other player in a similar position to progress. How about you tune it to keep the levels within a reasonable gap? Double Digit levels is pretty
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• crzydroid
    7255 posts Moderator
    You are not meant to beat it everyday early game. It's meant to encourage you to build your roster.
  • HolidayNCambodia
    9 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    crzydroid wrote: »
    You are not meant to beat it everyday early game. It's meant to encourage you to build your roster.

Again, beating the whole thing versus being pitted against an unbeatable matchup at the halfway point is nonsense dude. You went completely on the opposite end of the spectrum of my complaint. If this was one of the last couple matchups I'd not be saying something. This was right in the middle. Also... if I build my entire roster up to where Phoenix is.. great.. now I got 4 teams that Bastila Shan lead Jedi team can mow over in a few hits each. What is more likely is that the match up will become even more brutal because I am spreading myself too thin but escalating my GP. Your just creating a problem and attempting to sell a solution.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Again, beating the whole thing versus being pitted against an unbeatable matchup at the halfway point is nonsense dude. You went completely on the opposite end of the spectrum of my complaint. If this was one of the last couple matchups I'd not be saying something. This was right in the middle. Also... if I build my entire roster up to where Phoenix is.. great.. now I got 4 teams that Bastila Shan lead Jedi team can mow over in a few hits each. What is more likely is that the match up will become even more brutal because I am spreading myself too thin but escalating my GP. Your just creating a problem and attempting to sell a solution.

just so you are aware, as you build up the cap will set in on GW teams you face when you hit 85. this will help you start to over take the difficulty and start you on the path that makes that mode trivial.

yes every 3rd node is a little bit harder than the other nodes near it. this is part of the design. yes you will get stopped at one of those spots or possibly in between. This is part of the game mode, it isn't always meant to stop you towards the end or the last node.
  • Kyno wrote: »

just so you are aware, as you build up the cap will set in on GW teams you face when you hit 85. this will help you start to over take the difficulty and start you on the path that makes that mode trivial.

yes every 3rd node is a little bit harder than the other nodes near it. this is part of the design. yes you will get stopped at one of those spots or possibly in between. This is part of the game mode, it isn't always meant to stop you towards the end or the last node.

So essentially I am punished for being a new player then. Not to mention taking a handful of battles I could have daily away by locking me out by placing an overpowered team on my path. Understood. Great idea, that will really keep the new players engaged. *Thumbs Up*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

So essentially I am punished for being a new player then. Not to mention taking a handful of battles I could have daily away by locking me out by placing an overpowered team on my path. Understood. Great idea, that will really keep the new players engaged. *Thumbs Up*

you are playing a progressive game mode. no one is punished, it is meant to be hard and get easier as you develop and grow your roster.

for many of us that was our favorite game mode and it was much harder than it is now.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    So many people want a free ride.

Why even play.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

"Matchmaking" in GW works differently than in GAC.In TW it's based on the Stat power of your top 5 characters only. Building the characters from 6th and down doesn't affect your matchmaking. Having a 2nd team (f.ex. empire) could help you in GW - but yes, unless you have a counter for those jedi you won't break through that node. See it as an incentive to expand your roster and build a counter for Bastilla lead jedi as well.
  • HolidayNCambodia
    9 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Waqui wrote: »

"Matchmaking" in GW works differently than in GAC.In TW it's based on the Stat power of your top 5 characters only. Building the characters from 6th and down doesn't affect your matchmaking. Having a 2nd team (f.ex. empire) could help you in GW - but yes, unless you have a counter for those jedi you won't break through that node. See it as an incentive to expand your roster and build a counter for Bastilla lead jedi as well.

Okay so who should I at level 50 build up right now to allow me to beat Bastila Shan lead Jedi? And how much of my precious few resources should I allot to farming, gearing, ability leveling, and modding a team that will allow me to defeat a squad 15 levels higher than mine with 15 level head start on mods and gear? Help me out here.. you got all the answers man. Everybody here tells beginners to focus on a specific path and then when they have issues its.. "Oh you should have a more diverse roster already!" Ya'll are full of it. This forum is the biggest joke I have ever seen. According to you kittens, I should spread myself way too thin so I get nobody built up at all. And end up stagnating because I have a directionless roster.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Okay so who should I at level 50 build up right now to allow me to beat Bastila Shan lead Jedi? And how much of my precious few resources should I allot to farming, gearing, ability leveling, and modding a team that will allow me to defeat a squad 15 levels higher than mine with 15 level head start on mods and gear? Help me out here.. you got all the answers man. Everybody here tells beginners to focus on a specific path and then when they have issues its.. "Oh you should have a more diverse roster already!" Ya'll are full of it. This forum is the biggest joke I have ever seen. According to you ****, I should spread myself way too thin so I get nobody built up at all. And end up stagnating because I have a directionless roster.

Everybody here tells you that at your stage you shouldn't expect to finish GW every day. Apparently it's too hard for you to understand. That's the joke here.

Have patience. Insults and profanities get you nowhere.