Get mk4 stun guns and carbantis out of end games prize boxes

Replies

• DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    my threads calling out CG on their poor gear economy

This is where you fail. You make your choices, and then blame CG for it.

This statement confuses me. CG has gear chokepoints from day 1 still in place and that’s my choice? CG claimed to have eased the gear crunch with Kyro’s but only made it worse and that’s my choice? CG includes absolutely useless gear in their end game content prize boxes and that’s my choice?

It’s funny how a post about them having junk, beginner tier gear in their prize pools at end game stages and that’s cause of my choices lol. Oh TVF...
    I know exactly why they give the same one as Crancor.

And I guess it’s a good thing, as it gives players who can’t clear the new raid a way to get the exclusive materials... but “me me me!”

Aware the Crancky R8 Mat all you want. I’m more concerned about the junk gear in prize boxes everywhere. At least put the gear that gives carbonite boards

You care more about 15 stun cuffs than r8? Ok.

I care about too many events/raids/TB’ awarding junk gear.

I manage my resources in a way that it doesn't matter when I get junk gear. Not to mention that everyone has the same chance at the same gear. It's never going away no matter how much you complain about it.

You always tout about your amazing gear management skills but all you have on your roster really are the GL’s and their reqs. Your OR, NS, Sep Droids, Sith Empire, Sith Trio are all severely lacking. Others that made those investments when they were meta aren’t so lucky. So it’s not about your choices, rather just luck if you ask me.

Did you know I ran my SE in the SE meta and did fantastic because my mods are good? And purposely chose to keep their relics low? Why? Resource management.

Whine away. It won't help you.

Cool, you got good RNG on mod rolls lol.

Nope, that's not what happened.

So your god tier mods that have 25+ speed...you knew they would be that good when you farmed/won/bought them?

It's not just 25+. My mods are way better than yours. And it's not luck.

=========== Mods ===========
    6 dot Mods :: 145 vs 141
    Speed+10 :: 584 vs 384
    Speed+15 :: 254 vs 116
    Speed+20 :: 60 vs 25
    Speed+25 :: 28 vs 3
    Off+100 :: 46 vs 42

So modding and getting good mods like that isn’t based on RNG? You mean to tell me that RNG has nothing to do with how much speed rolls on the mods I’ve gotten? Interesting....

Damodamo wrote: »
    @Ravens1113 whats your gg? I’m curious to see your ‘depth of roster’ ..

Not pointing fingers, just curious what you consider a better roster than someone else’s.

https://swgoh.gg/p/971354768/characters/

Mind you I also have enough gear, crystals and relic material stored up to unlock another GL. Took roughly 4 months of hoarding for that. So add in another GL to that but I’m holding off on Rey until I see what is needed for JMK and his upcoming reqs.

You have 200 fewer speed 10+ that's not just rng, that's not farming enough mods or really poor decisions on mods. If you're that far behind at single speed upgrade then you don't have nearly enough attempts to have a decent number of good mods
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CCyrilS wrote: »

This statement confuses me. CG has gear chokepoints from day 1 still in place and that’s my choice? CG claimed to have eased the gear crunch with Kyro’s but only made it worse and that’s my choice? CG includes absolutely useless gear in their end game content prize boxes and that’s my choice?

It’s funny how a post about them having junk, beginner tier gear in their prize pools at end game stages and that’s cause of my choices lol. Oh TVF...

And I guess it’s a good thing, as it gives players who can’t clear the new raid a way to get the exclusive materials... but “me me me!”

Aware the Crancky R8 Mat all you want. I’m more concerned about the junk gear in prize boxes everywhere. At least put the gear that gives carbonite boards

I manage my resources in a way that it doesn't matter when I get junk gear. Not to mention that everyone has the same chance at the same gear. It's never going away no matter how much you complain about it.

You always tout about your amazing gear management skills but all you have on your roster really are the GL’s and their reqs. Your OR, NS, Sep Droids, Sith Empire, Sith Trio are all severely lacking. Others that made those investments when they were meta aren’t so lucky. So it’s not about your choices, rather just luck if you ask me.

Did you know I ran my SE in the SE meta and did fantastic because my mods are good? And purposely chose to keep their relics low? Why? Resource management.

So your god tier mods that have 25+ speed...you knew they would be that good when you farmed/won/bought them?

So modding and getting good mods like that isn’t based on RNG? You mean to tell me that RNG has nothing to do with how much speed rolls on the mods I’ve gotten? Interesting....

Not pointing fingers, just curious what you consider a better roster than someone else’s.

Mind you I also have enough gear, crystals and relic material stored up to unlock another GL. Took roughly 4 months of hoarding for that. So add in another GL to that but I’m holding off on Rey until I see what is needed for JMK and his upcoming reqs.

assuming RNG is same for everyone, then the person who rolls more will end up with more good mods. That's how math has always worked.

That’s assuming though. Every single mod roll is a new RNG event so it’s not always the same. I’m not even hating on TVF having higher speed mods than I do, however when someone says mods are not based on luck then I’m calling that out. Every single mod roll has everything to do with RNG.

assuming RNG is same for everyone, then the person who rolls more will end up with more good mods. That's how math has always worked.

That’s assuming though. Every single mod roll is a new RNG event so it’s not always the same. I’m not even hating on TVF having higher speed mods than I do, however when someone says mods are not based on luck then I’m calling that out. Every single mod roll has everything to do with RNG.
    Quite correct. So the person who rolls more will get better results.

This. RNG is present and is "the same " for everyone. putting in more "effort" towards mods, meaning more rolls and bringing more mods will always end with that person having better mods.

also, as we move into 6dot mods there does also come in a layer of player choice that does have some effect on final outcome. which modes you choose to cross that line and how many times you upgrade them plays a factor in your final outcome. its not much, but in the long run it could yield very telling results.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

This. RNG is present and is "the same " for everyone. putting in more "effort" towards mods, meaning more rolls and bringing more mods will always end with that person having better mods.

also, as we move into 6dot mods there does also come in a layer of player choice that does have some effect on final outcome. which modes you choose to cross that line and how many times you upgrade them plays a factor in your final outcome. its not much, but in the long run it could yield very telling results.

Decisions on what mods to slice have also been a determining factor since slicing was introduce. Many people who complain about bad mod RNG also make bad choices on which mods to slice.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    DuneFlint wrote: »

You have 200 fewer speed 10+ that's not just rng, that's not farming enough mods or really poor decisions on mods. If you're that far behind at single speed upgrade then you don't have nearly enough attempts to have a decent number of good mods

Single speed upgrades? You do know that you can start with 5 speed, have it roll to only give +3/4 and never roll another speed again right?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Decisions on what mods to slice have also been a determining factor since slicing was introduce. Many people who complain about bad mod RNG also make bad choices on which mods to slice.

I’m not complaining about bad mod RNG...lmao. How is this about mods and the RNG behind mod rolls when the original issue is junk gear in end game prize boxes.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

I’m not complaining about bad mod RNG...lmao. How is this about mods and the RNG behind mod rolls when the original issue is junk gear in end game prize boxes.

Because my mods allow me to undergear toons, which allows me to manage my resources more efficiently, and not worry about getting mk4 stun guns from a prize box.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Single speed upgrades? You do know that you can start with 5 speed, have it roll to only give +3/4 and never roll another speed again right?

Yep. Thats why it takes MORE TRIES.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

Still not understanding why I have so many more +10 than you. It's not luck.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Lol k. You’re right, RNG has nothing to do with it at all. You’re the man TVF, you know exactly which mod to roll and how to do it.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

Lol k. You’re right, RNG has nothing to do with it at all. You’re the man TVF, you know exactly which mod to roll and how to do it.

I never said *any* of that.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Then stop acting like it lol. To quote you

“Resource management”

Slicing mods costs slicing material. When farming mods and material you need to be selective with what mods to roll to maximize resource management.

So when RNG doesn’t give me a specific number speed rolls at certain points in the slicing I don’t keep pushing hoping for that one good speed roll to push me to 10 or 11 speed. I am more aggressive in trying to push for higher speed mods.

I may have less overall than you, but I prioritize who gets the top end mods based on usage, arena, event, etc. etc.

So yes, RNG is playing the biggest roll on whether or not I continue to waste resources hoping for that one roll in speed or not.

Not to mention we have almost the same amount of 6 dot mods. You mean to tell me that luck has nothing to do with the fact that you got more speed rolls or had speed on the mods at all? Ummm k.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited May 2021

“Resource management”

Slicing mods costs slicing material. When farming mods and material you need to be selective with what mods to roll to maximize resource management.

So when RNG doesn’t give me a specific number speed rolls at certain points in the slicing I don’t keep pushing hoping for that one good speed roll to push me to 10 or 11 speed. I am more aggressive in trying to push for higher speed mods.

I may have less overall than you, but I prioritize who gets the top end mods based on usage, arena, event, etc. etc.

So yes, RNG is playing the biggest roll on whether or not I continue to waste resources hoping for that one roll in speed or not.

Not to mention we have almost the same amount of 6 dot mods. You mean to tell me that luck has nothing to do with the fact that you got more speed rolls or had speed on the mods at all? Ummm k.

Resource management in that context meant not using more gear than needed when mods can make up the difference.

Comparing this to slicing mods is silly, because what else are you going to spend slicing mats on?

Also, while you do have as many 6* mods, looking at the ones you sliced that far, it's unclear what you were actually trying for, but it wasn't speed....
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Because my mods allow me to undergear toons, which allows me to manage my resources more efficiently, and not worry about getting mk4 stun guns from a prize box.

Good for you. However the modding doesn’t make up the difference in power creep at some point. Either way, whether YOU think it’s important or not, many players don’t like getting junk gear after a 2 week even that’s supposedly end game. Or junk gear after a raid that has an R5 minimum threshold to even try. Or week long TB event that demands multiple relic teams and lots of coordination among a guild to finish as high as possible.

If you don’t agree, move along until I post about the junk gear economy again. Stop deterring from the main point talking about mods. That’s not what this post is about
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

“Resource management”

Resource management in that context meant not using more gear than needed when mods can make up the difference.

Comparing this to slicing mods is silly, because what else are you going to spend slicing mats on?

You have a finite number of slicing material. Whether a player decides to pour it for a singular +10 mod or try and get multiple is up to them. Taking a mod from grey to gold requires a lot of slicing material. If you don’t roll speed before blue or purple maybe sell it. Is it worth it to take it to gold for +10 if it hasn’t rolled past +4 yet at purple?

Again, this isn’t the point of the thread. Gear drops are the subject.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

“Resource management”

You have a finite number of slicing material. Whether a player decides to pour it for a singular +10 mod or try and get multiple is up to them. Taking a mod from grey to gold requires a lot of slicing material. If you don’t roll speed before blue or purple maybe sell it. Is it worth it to take it to gold for +10 if it hasn’t rolled past +4 yet at purple?

You just pointed out the skill required, over the rng.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

“Resource management”

Since you don't understand, and it's only tangentially related to the point of your complaint thread, I will indeed move on.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

“Resource management”

Except the skill is intertwined with the RNG. Bad RNG takes the skill out of it.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

“Resource management”

Except the skill is intertwined with the RNG. Bad RNG takes the skill out of it.

Hahaha. Just nevermind.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

“Resource management”

I’ve never seen a post more succinctly sum up one person’s failure to grasp the situation.

Some pointers:

- you have fewer mods at each speed threshold than TVF, and me for that matter. This has nothing to do with who is “more aggressive” in pushing for higher speed mods. If you were more aggressive than either of us, you’d have more than us.
    - The materials used to slice 6 dot mods come from other sources, like GAC rewards, Conquest rewards etc. It is little wonder you and TVF have a similar amount of them because you are both getting roughly the same inflow of the materials

Here’s an analogy for you. You aren’t TVF have been challenged to roll as many 6s as possible, each using a standard unbiased dice.

If TVF rolls it 3 times as often as you, is it “luck” if he gets more 6s than you?

Here’s our comparison by the way

r55ykgm7sa55.jpeg

Except if I don’t get a speed roll by the blue, or have less than 10 with purple mods I’m not going to push them any higher. I’m aiming for much more speed and don’t want to waste so much slicing material to get an 11 or 12 speed mod.

That’s why I have less 6 dot mods. I’m not going to waste materials pushing for a baseline of 10 or 11.

You both have more 10+ speed mods because you’re ok pushing all those mods to gold or 6dot for 10 or 11 speeds. I don’t do that. Hence being aggressive and selective with my choice in mods.

Again though, this thread isn’t about modding. Even senor TVF said it’s barely related to the main point of the thread so if you’re all about modding this isn’t the thread for you.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

You both have more 10+ speed mods because you’re ok pushing all those mods to gold or 6dot for 10 or 11 speeds.

100% false.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

“Resource management”

Hahaha. Just nevermind.

Bye 👋
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

“Resource management”

Hahaha. Just nevermind.

Bye 👋

8nje36uelxol.gif
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

“Resource management”

I’ve never seen a post more succinctly sum up one person’s failure to grasp the situation.

Some pointers:

- you have fewer mods at each speed threshold than TVF, and me for that matter. This has nothing to do with who is “more aggressive” in pushing for higher speed mods. If you were more aggressive than either of us, you’d have more than us.
    - The materials used to slice 6 dot mods come from other sources, like GAC rewards, Conquest rewards etc. It is little wonder you and TVF have a similar amount of them because you are both getting roughly the same inflow of the materials

Here’s an analogy for you. You aren’t TVF have been challenged to roll as many 6s as possible, each using a standard unbiased dice.

If TVF rolls it 3 times as often as you, is it “luck” if he gets more 6s than you?

r55ykgm7sa55.jpeg

Except if I don’t get a speed roll by the blue, or have less than 10 with purple mods I’m not going to push them any higher. I’m aiming for much more speed and don’t want to waste so much slicing material to get an 11 or 12 speed mod.

That’s why I have less 6 dot mods. I’m not going to waste materials pushing for a baseline of 10 or 11.

You both have more 10+ speed mods because you’re ok pushing all those mods to gold or 6dot for 10 or 11 speeds. I don’t do that. Hence being aggressive and selective with my choice in mods.

Again though, this thread isn’t about modding. Even senor TVF said it’s barely related to the main point of the thread so if you’re all about modding this isn’t the thread for you.
    This is classic.

Me and TVF have more of every grouping speed wise than you because we farm more mods than you.

I too shall move on, because unlike the pupils in my classes, I’m not paid to teach you basic maths.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

“Resource management”

Some pointers:

r55ykgm7sa55.jpeg

This is classic.

Me and TVF have more of every grouping speed wise than you because we farm more mods than you.

I too shall move on, because unlike the pupils in my classes, I’m not paid to teach you basic maths.

Your students may want a refund
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

“Resource management”

Some pointers:

r55ykgm7sa55.jpeg

This is classic.

Your students may want a refund
    Really?

You’re still not accepting such a basic mathematical fact?

Good luck with your mark 4 stun guns.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

“Resource management”

thats not how RNG works. RNG evens out over the long run, no matter what.

no one is saying RNG doesn't play into this, but over the long run RNG is equal for everyone within the deviation(or is it distribution). so getting to that point (i.e. - more pulls, also described as focus in this thread) allows RNG to become "even" (no real bad, no real good). then on top of that a players choice on which ones to roll, makes it much more about how you do things then RNG can influence.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I’m fairly sure the thread started about gear in boxes, then turned into a my roster is better than your roster generic thread.

By the way @Ravens1113 your roster is bloaty, that doesn’t reflect on good management. @TVF made the point that if you don’t manage your gear supply you have to rely on reward boxes for guns and cuffs. He doesn’t, as he hasn’t bloated teams that aren’t arena crucial, again, not pointing fingers, but you seem to have prioritised pve over pvp.

Long and short of it and the thread summed up, you rely on gear levels on toons, @TVF relies on mods (your mods aren’t as useful/helpful as his, for whatever reason). Meaning, objectively, he’s better at resource management than you are.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I’m fairly sure the thread started about gear in boxes, then turned into a my roster is better than your roster generic thread.

By the way @Ravens1113 your roster is bloaty, that doesn’t reflect on good management. @TVF made the point that if you don’t manage your gear supply you have to rely on reward boxes for guns and cuffs. He doesn’t, as he hasn’t bloated teams that aren’t arena crucial, again, not pointing fingers, but you seem to have prioritised pve over pvp.

Long and short of it and the thread summed up, you rely on gear levels on toons, @TVF relies on mods (your mods aren’t as useful/helpful as his, for whatever reason). Meaning, objectively, he’s better at resource management than you are.

tbf, I don't think anyone was trying to show whose roster was better. 2 people gave examples of the difference that mod investments can make.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    This was the first mention of someone's specific roster.

Bottom line, they need to ease up choke points on gear. They can begin doing that by getting rid of saturated gear we have thousands of from end game content prize boxes.

Whether you agree with me or not isn’t important to me. Nor am I going to stop bringing it up until the devs actually do something about it. So dig in pal ;)

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    This was the first mention of someone's specific roster.

Bottom line, they need to ease up choke points on gear. They can begin doing that by getting rid of saturated gear we have thousands of from end game content prize boxes.

Whether you agree with me or not isn’t important to me. Nor am I going to stop bringing it up until the devs actually do something about it. So dig in pal ;)

Me mentioning your resource management (like you do every single thread about gear economy) was a prelude.