TVF wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    oh my god who cares

he'll be needed or he won't

come back in a month and complain when he's needed or don't when he's not

Would seem a lot of people care.

Why do you care if they voice it now?

So you're unfamiliar with how the phrase "who cares" works then. Gotcha.

It has been voiced. Over and over. And continuously. And presumably for a whole 'nother month. And CG will not tell you anything until that month is over.

It sounds a lot like you are complaining about people complaining.

You know you dont have to read every response or reply to everyone. Clearly you dont care, but trying to stop others from expressing themselves.... why is it so important for you?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    They didnt say that, they stated that the set of characters with the GL tag will not be used. That is different than coming out when each individual character gets brought into question.

Except they really haven't. They have said "previous GL's will not be required for this GL." They have not said "we will never require a GL for a GL," which is what you keep insinuating that they're doing. Until they do that, they are just giving very specific examples, regardless of whether at the time there is an in-game tag.

Also, you keep saying "cadence" but the only cadence is the 2nd set is 5/19 and 3rd set is 6/2. They have already "broken" this "cadence" so telling us KAM won't be required doesn't "re-break" it.

They opened it for a group of characters, but they have no intention of opening it for a single character being questioned.

it is different, no matter how you try to spin it and its not going to happen.

I am not spinning anything, merely trying to explain to you what they have said. We are not privy to whatever secret cadence they have informed you of, but they have not yet stated that a group of characters with an in-game tag will never be required to get a GL. What they *have* said (both times, mind you) is that previous GL's will not be required for the current GL.

Not real sure why you don't understand that this is a specific list of characters, not a generic group of characters.

but what they said was GLs and you keep trying to spin it to act like they said it due to specific toons. they didn't , they said it for a specific group that is specified in the game. they will not go further and open it up for an individual toon.

can you explain how the statement should be worded, because saying past and future (or any allusion to non existent) GLs wouldn't make sense, unless I'm wrong?

No, they literally said specific characters. The first time, they said Rey and SLKR will not be required for JML and SEE. This is specific. This time they said Rey, SLKR, JML, and SEE will not be required for JMK. This is specific.

The groups of "previous GL's" can not change, and therefor it is a specific listing. Were Crumb to now jump in and say "GL's will never be required for to obtain a GL," that would be a generic grouping.

no they didn't.
    they said:
    Both of these units will follow a similar roll out as previous Galactic Legends but with a shorter roll out and will not require previous Galactic Legends,

then went on to give examples:
    such as Rey or Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, to unlock.

Thank you for acknowledging that they identified a group. we can move on, as no matter what is in a group if you specify the group, you are specifying the group, even if that group is made up of specific things.
    both statements work, but there is no point to act like future GLs will be required for this current event, and as always they probably want to leave themselves an out for a future GL requiring a GL, because who knows what the future brings, or maybe he just didn't want to get approvals needed to say that.

Sure, I'm the one spinning it when you're the only only highlighting the part that you think proves your point, but forgot to highlight the word immediately previous which actually proves mine.

Because there will only ever be 2 previous GL's for SEE and JML, that's a specific listing of characters. Because there will only ever be 4 previous GL's for JMK, that's a separate and specific listing of characters.

Do I think they're going to say anything about KAM being required? Nope. But if they didn't it wouldn't break any cadence because there is precedence for excluding specific characters.

you mean a specific group. becuase thats how they said it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.

So it is wrong for calling out exactly what is going on? I never said "jerks" either, that's your interpretation of my response. Being upset over something that hasn't happened is irrational. The rules and cadences of releases are well established and anyone who has played for any significant length of time complaining about it on the forums should reevaluate their leisure time activities.

Again, you insist on misrepreseting them. As I said, they are not upset that "KAM is required" because we don't know that yet. They are upset because the possiblity of him being required is ruining the hype for them. Just because CG/EA have decided this is how they want to release GL requiremets does not mean they are somehow forced to do it this way. CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people. I will repeat it a few times since you and so many others keep glossing over it.

CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.
    CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people.

Further, for some, they will have to make a decision between the guild they love and the new toon they desperately want.

So you have yet to call out "exactly what is going on". You are at best only looking at this at the very surface level and at worst deliberately straw-manning them. But you have also taken it a step further and attacked their character.

"As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars."

Your words. You claim that if the shoe were on the other foot they would not care about others.

So, to recap, your entire reaction to them is not based on what they are actually upset about, and you've lobbied a few ad hominem attacks. And when I calmly tried to explain to you that your ire was misdirected, you doubled down rather than re-evaluating. If you think people have no right to be upset by uncertainty, by all means, make that point.

To be fair, many people complain and ask when an event is coming back and we rarely, if ever, see this level of support or "outcry" in support of them finding out, when that is exactly the same situation of "information being withheld" due to a stated cadence.

To be honest, I dont think anyone has the right to be upset if CG makes a stated plan with dates and states they are going to follow it and follows it. People get upset when they dont follow stated plans, so we really can't ask to have it either way when it suits us, can we? But that is just my take on this.
    I can only speak for myself, but it’s not about being upset if kam is a prerequisite but a case of raw vs rai (rules as written vs rules as intended for those wondering) considering telling players prerequisites in advance.
    Raw, everything is fine and dandy. But for the majority of players, rai don’t work: if there is a possibility that a non-farmable character is required (which possibility is not dismissed by raw if I’m not mistaken), then the reasonable decision is to wait until you know every prerequisite in order to start getting ready. So rai, which is letting players know by waves so they could get ready, don’t work properly anymore, except for those having (or being close to) kam 7*. If indeed it is rai (and judging from the non-answers, it seems to be), fine, let’s move along. But the question had merits.

So you dont see the slippery slope of not following the cadence every time someone says, but I need to know now?

No i dont.

I see that they broke cadence already in telling us that gl skywalker and gl palp wouldnt require gl kylo and gl rey.

I see that they can clarify when they choose to regardless of supposed cadence.

KAM, like those previous Galactic Legends at that time, is the same special case. Many players dont have him at 7 star or even unlocked at all.

CG took the oppertunity to ease the community and let us know previous GL would not be needed to get the new ones. I see no reason they cant do the same here.

Do you somehow discount the last time they broke cadence?

They could easily do the same as theyve done in the past, the only reason not to is that they are planning to do what we are unhappy with.
    Screen-shotting this. You’ll either look like a soothsayer or very wrong.

Lol make no mistake, there is no right or wrong here on KAM. If he is, he is... if hes not, great. Thats not the point of the post.

The point is: CG can state KAM is not a requirement. There is no reason not to because theyve already done that for the community with Galactic Legends because community was concerned theyd need both to get the new ones at the time.... and many had 1 or the other or none... not both.

I suppose the could play kyno's card of 'we wont cave to the community due to cadence'... but that's already proven wrong by them doing an out of cadence clarification last time.

So are we pretending that didnt happen and its them hiding behind broken cadence or is it because they are doing it?

No one is pretending that they didnt set forth that a certain class of character will not be required. KAM is not in that class nor is he any other special tag or group. They will not break the cadence for an individual character being in question.

Again the single fact that they did already break cadence to do that for GL, means they can for KAM.

There is nothing stopping them. There is no slippery slope. Its a choice for them.

Nothing more, nothing less.... cadence is already broken. Hiding behind that is not valid. Pick a new reason to justify it.

there is nothing stopping them from announcing all the reqs at once, whats your point?

you want to know. nothing more nothing less. you dont like the valid point of following the cadence and not breaking it for a single toon in question, which is different than a class of toon with a specific tag, that's fine.

Again they broke cadence already with that gl announcement last time.

Following cadence isnt something they adhered to in the past.

This is no different.

If you cant see that, i dont know what to tell you.

thats ok, because I can tell you what they will not tell you.

yes they opened it up for a specific group, they will not do that for an isolated character..

it is different, and if you can't see that, I dont know what to tell you.
  • ZeTwitch
    124 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    ZeTwitch wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    The only reason to release requirements in stages is to gate it the worst at the final level.

It’s not like we have four examples proving otherwise

Agreed. Aside from the Finalizer and the Raddus. They have a very good track record with this.

SEE
    -Piet newest Marque announced in the first set
    -Tie Bomber recent release announced in the second set.

Rey
    -JTR not new but legendary that requires another legendary announced in the first set
    -Rose Tico announced in the second set.

Disclaimer: BB8 was in the 3rd set but is also required for JTR. If JTR was your gate BB8 had no impact

SLKR
    -Honestly nothing crazy here. IMO

JML
    -JTR and 3PO (legendaries) MM/Chewpio/(relatively new) announced in the first set.
    -Y-Wing (relatively new) JKL (not farmable) announced in the second set.

Disclaimer: Hermit Yoda was in the third set but he’s also a JKL requirement so just like BB8 if you had JKL this didn’t impact you.

Everyone has different bottle necks and I’m not saying this is cadence, but they have a good history with this.

Was r7 bb8 required for JTR?
    Ultra wrote: »
    The only reason to release requirements in stages is to gate it the worst at the final level.

It’s not like we have four examples proving otherwise

Agreed. Aside from the Finalizer and the Raddus. They have a very good track record with this.

SEE
    -Piet newest Marque announced in the first set
    -Tie Bomber recent release announced in the second set.

Rey
    -JTR not new but legendary that requires another legendary announced in the first set
    -Rose Tico announced in the second set.

Disclaimer: BB8 was in the 3rd set but is also required for JTR. If JTR was your gate BB8 had no impact

SLKR
    -Honestly nothing crazy here. IMO

JML
    -JTR and 3PO (legendaries) MM/Chewpio/(relatively new) announced in the first set.
    -Y-Wing (relatively new) JKL (not farmable) announced in the second set.

Disclaimer: Hermit Yoda was in the third set but he’s also a JKL requirement so just like BB8 if you had JKL this didn’t impact you.

Everyone has different bottle necks and I’m not saying this is cadence, but they have a good history with this.

Was r7 bb8 required for JTR?

No but relic gates apply to all toons. I wouldn’t put relic requirements in the same category as dropping a new or non farmable toon as a requirement. I only put Rose Tico in their because of the backlash she received.

I could be wrong, but I thought the sentiment was that there wasn't much a g12 bb8 couldn't do that a r7 bb8 could. R7 is quite a bit different than just 'reliced'. Also thought I remembered people being fussy about the vet smugglers, but it's been a while I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

The potential KAM requirement in one of the later sets could be compared to JKL (for JML or SeE) and people were asking the same questions, got radio silence, until he was indeed included as a requirement.

I guess the other explanation (as opposed to hiding difficult gates) could be that they just want to tease out the event for as long as possible.

Just to be clear the point I was making was responding to the fear that CG is going to drop KAM as a requirement in the third set. That is not consistent with what they have done with the other GL’s. They have not (in the past) put new or non farmable toons in the third set and if they did, as was the case with Hermit Yoda, they already pre-required him with JKL (the farm not the relics).

That doesn’t mean we wont get something silly like an R8 Qui Gon in the 3rd set or that it wont have something else that frustrates players. It also doesn’t mean they wont this time. They could. They just have a better track record than they’re getting credit for.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Wait until these people dump all their resources into Kenobi only to have his counterpart GL announced a week later.

That's why it's best to be ready for 2.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Wait until these people dump all their resources into Kenobi only to have his counterpart GL announced a week later.

If they do, so what? CG seems to be actually trying to keep balance for once, so the choice of a GL mostly comes down to personal preference. Unless, of course, someone dumps resources into Kenobi now and KAM turns out to actually be required, but there has been more than enough warning already.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

If they do, so what? CG seems to be actually trying to keep balance for once, so the choice of a GL mostly comes down to personal preference. Unless, of course, someone dumps resources into Kenobi now and KAM turns out to actually be required, but there has been more than enough warning already.

There has? Then why are people still complaining about KAM being unknown?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Ummm... precisely because there has been enough warning but no confirmation? Nothing wrong about wanting to know whether it's safe to invest or not. And if someone jumps the gun and drops their resources now, they have noone to blame but themselves, was my point.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Ummm... precisely because there has been enough warning but no confirmation? Nothing wrong about wanting to know whether it's safe to invest or not. And if someone jumps the gun and drops their resources now, they have noone to blame but themselves, was my point.

Yeah I don't get it. Ok.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Whether KAM is required or not is irrelevant in my opinion. LSGTB will have been out for 18 months by the time the final requirements for JMK are released which means guilds would have to have averaged less than 19 shards per attempt to have him 7 star. While clearly not all guilds will be at that level, any decent guild with some level of focus should have been hitting that mark for a while now. Maybe people should stop complaining about the possibility that a specific toon may be included as a requirement and start asking themselves why they aren't in position to meet the requirement.

Some of us stuck with our guild of many years, hoping they'd get their stuff together for KAM.

For my part, I left my long-time guild about 6 weeks ago, in large part because of KAM. I am waaayyy behind on shards for waiting so long.

Was that my decision? Yes
    Would I make a different one knowing what I know now? Yes
    Would I have made a different one based on current speculation? Yes
    Is this CG's fault? No

While KAM is an exceptional case, I do think people are justified in their frustration with the "release cadence" (i.e. the amount we don't know, which makes it impossible to make informed decisions now). I think those people should voice their frustration if they find it to be a cathartic release. I also think they need to accept that this is how it is and how it's gonna be.

Finally, I think people coming in here and telling them their reactions are irrational or "made up" are only making matters worse. Just let them vent. They'll either get over it or move on in the next couple months.

I see your point but also point out that we don't even have a set release date yet. I believe there was almost 2 months between the announcement and release of the last two GLs and that was considered accelerated. These people complaining are literally blaming CG for maybe including KAM when they should be looking at their own situations and honestly evaluating if they are in a position to get the latest and greatest toy. People coming on the forums complaining are strait hijacking the thread over idle speculation.

They aren't complaining that KAM is required. They are complaining that the possibility of him being required is making them not excited for JMK's release.

The thread is consumed with that topic because people insist on misrepresenting them and/or dismissing their feelings.

There is no misrepresentation, their point is very clear. As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars. It's typical selective outrage which is a hallmark of the internet in general but in this case it's even more annoying because it's preemptive.

So now you're saying they would be completely incapable of empathy if this issue didn't directly affect them. Do you not see what you're doing? You are dismissing their concern and accusing them of being jerks. Why can't they be upset that they may have to wait a few extra months or potentially change guilds to get their favorite character? And why do you think they would be incapable of extending the courtesy of compassion to others?

You don't have to agree with someone to have compassion for them.

So it is wrong for calling out exactly what is going on? I never said "jerks" either, that's your interpretation of my response. Being upset over something that hasn't happened is irrational. The rules and cadences of releases are well established and anyone who has played for any significant length of time complaining about it on the forums should reevaluate their leisure time activities.

Again, you insist on misrepreseting them. As I said, they are not upset that "KAM is required" because we don't know that yet. They are upset because the possiblity of him being required is ruining the hype for them. Just because CG/EA have decided this is how they want to release GL requiremets does not mean they are somehow forced to do it this way. CG/EA have made a choice to witthhold iformation. That is what is upsettig people. I will repeat it a few times since you and so many others keep glossing over it.

Further, for some, they will have to make a decision between the guild they love and the new toon they desperately want.

So you have yet to call out "exactly what is going on". You are at best only looking at this at the very surface level and at worst deliberately straw-manning them. But you have also taken it a step further and attacked their character.

"As for their feelings, yes they probably are being dismissed and in many cases rightfully so as with a majority of them all would be right with the world if they had KAM at 7 stars."

Your words. You claim that if the shoe were on the other foot they would not care about others.

So, to recap, your entire reaction to them is not based on what they are actually upset about, and you've lobbied a few ad hominem attacks. And when I calmly tried to explain to you that your ire was misdirected, you doubled down rather than re-evaluating. If you think people have no right to be upset by uncertainty, by all means, make that point.

To be fair, many people complain and ask when an event is coming back and we rarely, if ever, see this level of support or "outcry" in support of them finding out, when that is exactly the same situation of "information being withheld" due to a stated cadence.

To be honest, I dont think anyone has the right to be upset if CG makes a stated plan with dates and states they are going to follow it and follows it. People get upset when they dont follow stated plans, so we really can't ask to have it either way when it suits us, can we? But that is just my take on this.
    I can only speak for myself, but it’s not about being upset if kam is a prerequisite but a case of raw vs rai (rules as written vs rules as intended for those wondering) considering telling players prerequisites in advance.
    Raw, everything is fine and dandy. But for the majority of players, rai don’t work: if there is a possibility that a non-farmable character is required (which possibility is not dismissed by raw if I’m not mistaken), then the reasonable decision is to wait until you know every prerequisite in order to start getting ready. So rai, which is letting players know by waves so they could get ready, don’t work properly anymore, except for those having (or being close to) kam 7*. If indeed it is rai (and judging from the non-answers, it seems to be), fine, let’s move along. But the question had merits.

So you dont see the slippery slope of not following the cadence every time someone says, but I need to know now?

No i dont.

I see that they broke cadence already in telling us that gl skywalker and gl palp wouldnt require gl kylo and gl rey.

I see that they can clarify when they choose to regardless of supposed cadence.

KAM, like those previous Galactic Legends at that time, is the same special case. Many players dont have him at 7 star or even unlocked at all.

CG took the oppertunity to ease the community and let us know previous GL would not be needed to get the new ones. I see no reason they cant do the same here.

Do you somehow discount the last time they broke cadence?

They could easily do the same as theyve done in the past, the only reason not to is that they are planning to do what we are unhappy with.
    Screen-shotting this. You’ll either look like a soothsayer or very wrong.

Lol make no mistake, there is no right or wrong here on KAM. If he is, he is... if hes not, great. Thats not the point of the post.

The point is: CG can state KAM is not a requirement. There is no reason not to because theyve already done that for the community with Galactic Legends because community was concerned theyd need both to get the new ones at the time.... and many had 1 or the other or none... not both.

I suppose the could play kyno's card of 'we wont cave to the community due to cadence'... but that's already proven wrong by them doing an out of cadence clarification last time.

So are we pretending that didnt happen and its them hiding behind broken cadence or is it because they are doing it?

No one is pretending that they didnt set forth that a certain class of character will not be required. KAM is not in that class nor is he any other special tag or group. They will not break the cadence for an individual character being in question.

Again the single fact that they did already break cadence to do that for GL, means they can for KAM.

There is nothing stopping them. There is no slippery slope. Its a choice for them.

Nothing more, nothing less.... cadence is already broken. Hiding behind that is not valid. Pick a new reason to justify it.

there is nothing stopping them from announcing all the reqs at once, whats your point?

you want to know. nothing more nothing less. you dont like the valid point of following the cadence and not breaking it for a single toon in question, which is different than a class of toon with a specific tag, that's fine.

Again they broke cadence already with that gl announcement last time.

Following cadence isnt something they adhered to in the past.

This is no different.

If you cant see that, i dont know what to tell you.

thats ok, because I can tell you what they will not tell you.

yes they opened it up for a specific group, they will not do that for an isolated character..

it is different, and if you can't see that, I dont know what to tell you.

Its really not, when we are talking about cadence.

When its broken... for whatever reason.... its still broken
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited May 2021

Yeah I don't get it. Ok.

Hes saying them not saying yes or no right now is fair warning not to spend money yet.

If they told you yes or no now, youd be safe to spend....

But currently its a risk. Hes saying that is fair warning not to invest.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Yeah I don't get it. Ok.

Hes saying them not saying yes or no right now is fair warning not to spend money yet.

If they told you yes or no now, youd be safe to spend....

But currently its a risk. Hes saying that is fair warning not to invest.

I was talking more about in-game resources than money, but yes.
  • I feel that if they require KAM in any fashion, it'll cause a lot of people to flock to 50 shards of KAM discord server hoping to join guilds that are getting high amounts of KAM shards. It'll suck for a few months until people get those shards for KAM (2-7 months if they get ~50 shard per LSTB) because people that aren't going after JMK would just stay behind in their base guilds in the mean time.

But oh well, I'm sure no amount of complaining will change CG's mind, it should be very obvious ever since forever that it wouldn't be a happy choice if they make it a hard req.

My guess is that they won't want KAM for a hard requirement for JMK, making everyone able to get him, but JMK will be worse than all other GLs UNLESS you have Kam in the team, and then it gets supercharged to be the strongest team in game. This would effectively make KAM a soft requirement for JMK.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    I feel that if they require KAM in any fashion, it'll cause a lot of people to flock to 50 shards of KAM discord server hoping to join guilds that are getting high amounts of KAM shards. It'll suck for a few months until people get those shards for KAM (2-7 months if they get ~50 shard per LSTB) because people that aren't going after JMK would just stay behind in their base guilds in the mean time.

But oh well, I'm sure no amount of complaining will change CG's mind, it should be very obvious ever since forever that it wouldn't be a happy choice if they make it a hard req.

My guess is that they won't want KAM for a hard requirement for JMK, making everyone able to get him, but JMK will be worse than all other GLs UNLESS you have Kam in the team, and then it gets supercharged to be the strongest team in game. This would effectively make KAM a soft requirement for JMK.

No jedi will be the best team in the game because SEE exist, then there is Vader, Malak, trio, revan, bastila, there is literally no way for a jedi faction to be the best faction unless they drop the nerf hammer on SEE, like really drop the hammer likes of which we haven't seen before
    I feel that if they require KAM in any fashion, it'll cause a lot of people to flock to 50 shards of KAM discord server hoping to join guilds that are getting high amounts of KAM shards. It'll suck for a few months until people get those shards for KAM (2-7 months if they get ~50 shard per LSTB) because people that aren't going after JMK would just stay behind in their base guilds in the mean time.

No jedi will be the best team in the game because SEE exist, then there is Vader, Malak, trio, revan, bastila, there is literally no way for a jedi faction to be the best faction unless they drop the nerf hammer on SEE, like really drop the hammer likes of which we haven't seen before

That's a hard thing to say before the kit is released. JML can pretty easily beat SEE in all his variants thanks to bastila lead. If something similar occurs with JMK lead, things could get out of control pretty fast. Imagine for example a nihilus lead but actually good (Lose all protection and gain that much max health, can't score critical hits but gains offense) all they'd need to add to make that lead semi crazy would add "all units affected by this take reduced damage from max health based attacks"

If a lead is like that, all of a sudden it doesn't matter that SEE can drain protection or reduce their critical hits. And that's just 1 thought of a way to counteract the SEE lead. Could make all allies immune to fear to ignore sith empire, have crazy tenacity to nerf vader, etc. etc.

Not saying this is the way of course, but it's not a good idea to say that they can't be THE BEST faction if CG doesn't want it to be that way.
  • Itsa_me_Malario
    1308 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    mesa176750 wrote: »

That's a hard thing to say before the kit is released. JML can pretty easily beat SEE in all his variants thanks to bastila lead. If something similar occurs with JMK lead, things could get out of control pretty fast. Imagine for example a nihilus lead but actually good (Lose all protection and gain that much max health, can't score critical hits but gains offense) all they'd need to add to make that lead semi crazy would add "all units affected by this take reduced damage from max health based attacks"

If a lead is like that, all of a sudden it doesn't matter that SEE can drain protection or reduce their critical hits. And that's just 1 thought of a way to counteract the SEE lead. Could make all allies immune to fear to ignore sith empire, have crazy tenacity to nerf vader, etc. etc.

Not saying this is the way of course, but it's not a good idea to say that they can't be THE BEST faction if CG doesn't want it to be that way.

So Malak will just 1 shot every jedi 🙄 lol, remember the first time tier 3 came out and all the jedis just had health and no protection lol, and let's say just like JML he gains permanent taunt if he is lead revan just put everyone to sleep makes everyone immune to fear? Well og papa Palpatine will just stun them all, and make them kill themselves by taking turns.

Oh and ofc let's not forget traya. Sith have too much utility and are way more better than the jedi in this game, the Sith basically dominated the game until jedi revan came around, and even when he did traya could still easily kill revan with the help of dark bastila
  • Oh and no one likes that one kid who always makes up new rules as you guys are playing because he got out smarted, oh you shoot me! Well I was wearing bullet proof armor all this time! CG isn't like that lol, well I hope atlist, I doubt they would give all of these abilities to 1 character that would shut down not just a GL but also some of the most meta teams that we have had
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member

So Malak will just 1 shot every jedi 🙄 lol, remember the first time tier 3 came out and all the jedis just had health and no protection lol, and let's say just like JML he gains permanent taunt if he is lead revan just put everyone to sleep makes everyone immune to fear? Well og papa Palpatine will just stun them all, and make them kill themselves by taking turns.

... this is all prevented by their recommended "all units affected by this take reduced damage from max health based attacks".

And I think most effects from a GL that would prevent Fear would also prevent Stuns, especially now that “stun effects” is a thing.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »

... this is all prevented by their recommended "all units affected by this take reduced damage from max health based attacks".

And I think most effects from a GL that would prevent Fear would also prevent Stuns, especially now that “stun effects” is a thing.

So basically you want a GL that turns every other character in that squad into a GL as well lol, there is a reason why you can only have 1 GL in a squad
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    I do hope that JKL is more team-based - maybe it’s because I’m only around the DS GLs, but I feel like Rey’s the only team-based of the three. SLKR, SEE, and most JML comps seem to be about boosting the GL character as high as they can go.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    I do hope that JKL is more team-based - maybe it’s because I’m only around the DS GLs, but I feel like Rey’s the only team-based of the three. SLKR, SEE, and most JML comps seem to be about boosting the GL character as high as they can go.

Rey in arena had zero other Res
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    ... but it’s still less about Rey and more about Rey buffing / supporting her team. Which is definitely not the case for SLKR or SEE and only partially the case for JML.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    ... but it’s still less about Rey and more about Rey buffing / supporting her team. Which is definitely not the case for SLKR or SEE and only partially the case for JML.

She makes them thicker with her lifeblood but she’s the one laying down punishment with sudden whirlwind and her ultimate.....
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

The only Rey team i play in Arena is her being uberbuffed by Armorer, Hyoda and Wat to kick some SEE behind. Anecdotal for sure, but still.
  • TVF wrote: »

That's why it's best to be ready for 2.

That is some legendary hoarding!!

JMK’s meta will probably be Jedi council or galactic republic, and not Jedi. That’s my guess.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »

JMK’s meta will probably be Jedi council or galactic republic, and not Jedi. That’s my guess.

Kenobi as a badass Clone leader would be a nice change of pace from Jedis. And Bad Batch would greet this 5th with open arms.