Get mk4 stun guns and carbantis out of end games prize boxes

124Next

Replies

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    All of the mod gibberish aside, the only argument I’d make against the premise of this post is that this “junk” gear is only considered to be “junk” because they keep giving it to us.

If we ask them to remove it, it won’t work out in our favour. I’m thinking specifically about the mk8 biotech pieces that were removed from rewards and we eventually ran low on them.

It’s not like they will replace those junk pieces with kyro, it’s more of: “take this crap that you have a ton of or take nothing” sort of a deal.

I generally agree (I remember the complaints asking to remove the "crap" gear from tank that turned into people never having enough of those pieces), but there is a huge usage discrepancy here. Mk4 carbs are used 32 times compared to 582 times for Mk3 carbs; Mk4 guns are used 324 times compared to 392 times for Mk5 guns (note: mk4 guns only need 20 components, compared to 50 for mk5 for a total of 6480 vs 19,600).

By the time you reach end game, you simply don't need mk4 guns and mk4 carbs. I wouldn't suggest they be removed from older content, but why are the actively being added to new end game content? I still need thousands of mk5 guns, but already have more mk4 carbs than I will ever need. It just makes no sense to continue to put them into new rewards.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    All of the mod gibberish aside, the only argument I’d make against the premise of this post is that this “junk” gear is only considered to be “junk” because they keep giving it to us.

If we ask them to remove it, it won’t work out in our favour. I’m thinking specifically about the mk8 biotech pieces that were removed from rewards and we eventually ran low on them.

It’s not like they will replace those junk pieces with kyro, it’s more of: “take this crap that you have a ton of or take nothing” sort of a deal.

I generally agree (I remember the complaints asking to remove the "crap" gear from tank that turned into people never having enough of those pieces), but there is a huge usage discrepancy here. Mk4 carbs are used 32 times compared to 582 times for Mk3 carbs; Mk4 guns are used 324 times compared to 392 times for Mk5 guns (note: mk4 guns only need 20 components, compared to 50 for mk5 for a total of 6480 vs 19,600).

By the time you reach end game, you simply don't need mk4 guns and mk4 carbs. I wouldn't suggest they be removed from older content, but why are the actively being added to new end game content? I still need thousands of mk5 guns, but already have more mk4 carbs than I will ever need. It just makes no sense to continue to put them into new rewards.

Thank you
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    @Ravens1113 how many LSTB waves do you get?

What TB teams do you consider me "lacking"?

Still waiting for an answer to this. Feel free to put it in a new thread if you prefer.

I got 17/17 waves so far in case you're wondering.

Oh I’m sorry, I had more important things to do than measure waves completed with some random dude online. I’m 17/17 myself and if you weren’t it would honestly be disappointing with two LS GL’s on your roster. I’m sure that perfect streak will break in the later phases as the difficulty amps up exponentially in P4.

Still haven't answered my second question.

And lol that you have better things to do when you find plenty of time to whine about mods and gear economy every day.

I never said anything about TB specific teams. Read again.

Never complain about mods either. You brought that up. Not me.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Damodamo wrote: »
    I’m fairly sure the thread started about gear in boxes, then turned into a my roster is better than your roster generic thread.

By the way @Ravens1113 your roster is bloaty, that doesn’t reflect on good management. @TVF made the point that if you don’t manage your gear supply you have to rely on reward boxes for guns and cuffs. He doesn’t, as he hasn’t bloated teams that aren’t arena crucial, again, not pointing fingers, but you seem to have prioritised pve over pvp.

Long and short of it and the thread summed up, you rely on gear levels on toons, @TVF relies on mods (your mods aren’t as useful/helpful as his, for whatever reason). Meaning, objectively, he’s better at resource management than you are.

tbf, I don't think anyone was trying to show whose roster was better. 2 people gave examples of the difference that mod investments can make.

This.
    I’m fairly sure the thread started about gear in boxes, then turned into a my roster is better than your roster generic thread.

By the way @Ravens1113 your roster is bloaty, that doesn’t reflect on good management. @TVF made the point that if you don’t manage your gear supply you have to rely on reward boxes for guns and cuffs. He doesn’t, as he hasn’t bloated teams that aren’t arena crucial, again, not pointing fingers, but you seem to have prioritised pve over pvp.

Long and short of it and the thread summed up, you rely on gear levels on toons, @TVF relies on mods (your mods aren’t as useful/helpful as his, for whatever reason). Meaning, objectively, he’s better at resource management than you are.

Yeah....ummm this went from a gear economy discussion to a mod management discussion. The only reason I brought up TVF’s roster was to show how he lacked many core teams to PVE like TB, etc. Not to say my roster was better than him.

Also the majority of my “bloat” was TB in the past with many characters going to G11 for the extra GP deployed.

?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

tbf, I don't think anyone was trying to show whose roster was better. 2 people gave examples of the difference that mod investments can make.

This.

Yeah....ummm this went from a gear economy discussion to a mod management discussion. The only reason I brought up TVF’s roster was to show how he lacked many core teams to PVE like TB, etc. Not to say my roster was better than him.

Also the majority of my “bloat” was TB in the past with many characters going to G11 for the extra GP deployed.

?

“Your OR, NS, Sep Droids, Sith Empire, Sith Trio are all severely lacking. Others that made those investments when they were meta aren’t so lucky.“

PVE events LIKE TB....Not TB specifically. But if you wanna split hairs by all means :)
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

You keep talking to me about resource management to someone who has enough resources stacked up to gear up all the reqs for a GL today and unlock them. I’m waiting for the rest of JMK and his kit though.

I just realised, your @Edward you got a new account dude.. welcome back. I see you spent some of your original horde. Nice work. Now you just need to work on the measuring yourself compulsion and you’ll be fine.

I have no idea, who or what you’re talking about

This.

?

“Your OR, NS, Sep Droids, Sith Empire, Sith Trio are all severely lacking. Others that made those investments when they were meta aren’t so lucky.“

PVE events LIKE TB....Not TB specifically. But if you wanna split hairs by all means :)
    So you didn’t say anything about TB specific teams, but TB was the only PVE example you cited.

So which PVE events is he lacking core teams for, if not TB specifically?

Just trying to follow your logic.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

This.

?

Amazing backpedal. Who is splitting hairs here?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

This.

?

So you didn’t say anything about TB specific teams, but TB was the only PVE example you cited.

When you put “etc” that means other things included. That also means for PVE events like assault battles, GC’s, Conquest depth and also the meta investment at the time like initially said which is in regards to “roster bloat” and resource investment.

Are you following? I thought you were done already with this conversation? Just can’t stay away?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

This.

?

Amazing backpedal. Who is splitting hairs here?

Not really a back pedal. You claimed I specifically called out TB, which I did not. I mentioned meta investment early on and PVE depth, I thought you had moved on from this convo like Darljeo. Just can’t stay away?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    If you could actually answer the question....
    What PvE teams am I missing?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Also it's super disingenuous to claim I'm missing PVE teams "like" TB and then not list any TB teams I'm missing as part of your claim.

Ridiculous.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

I did. Please re read what I said. If you can’t take the time to do that, then idk what to tell you
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

I did. Please re read what I said. If you can’t take the time to do that, then idk what to tell you

Please link to your post where you listed the specific teams I am missing.

This.

?

When you put “etc” that means other things included. That also means for PVE events like assault battles, GC’s, Conquest depth and also the meta investment at the time like initially said which is in regards to “roster bloat” and resource investment.

Are you following? I thought you were done already with this conversation? Just can’t stay away?
    Absolutely not following I’m afraid.

Are you telling me TVF is getting lower rewards than you are in assault battles? If so, which ones? In GCs? If so, which ones? It can’t be conquest, as I know he got red crate as I’m sure you did.

And on what planet is “meta investment” PvE?

For me, when I put “etc” it means there are too many things to list. Yet still, when pressed, you don’t seem to be able to identify any PvE modes where his roster is lacking.

And no, I can’t stay away. I’m quite enjoying it.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

You’re on the post...lol this is funny how you bash people for not reading but are currently failing to do so yourself. Just as funny when you spend all day bashing and condescending people on here but then comment on someone else’s time spent on the forums.

This is quite comical.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

You’re on the post...lol this is funny how you bash people for not reading but are currently failing to do so yourself. Just as funny when you spend all day bashing and condescending people on here but then comment on someone else’s time spent on the forums.

This is quite comical.

If you could please just link to the post where you listed the specific teams I am missing.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Or post them again if it's easier.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

This.

?

Absolutely not following I’m afraid.

Are you telling me TVF is getting lower rewards than you are in assault battles? If so, which ones? In GCs? If so, which ones? It can’t be conquest, as I know he got red crate as I’m sure you did.

And on what planet is “meta investment” PvE?

For me, when I put “etc” it means there are too many things to list. Yet still, when pressed, you don’t seem to be able to identify any PvE modes where his roster is lacking.

And no, I can’t stay away. I’m quite enjoying it.

Oh I figured you were too busy teach kids math since that’s what you’re all about.

Also I didn’t say meta investment was PVE.

I’ll wind the clocks back a bit for you since you want to pick and choose things.

TVF talked about his resource management skills (like always) and I mentioned that several teams that were meta back in the day are lacking. Other players by comparison are not who have teams like JKR, GG Seps, seps, Sith Trio, and other similar teams relic while his are G12 or even G11. (Those are TB teams btw TVF.) Which, isn’t even the point because the post is about continuing to put old and saturated gear like mk4 guns and carbs into new “end game content”.

Then he brought up mods and it’s been a random back and forth cluster ever since.

So bottom line, again, this thread is about junk gear continuing to be put into new game modes and end game prize boxes and prize pools. Which does nothing to help the gear economy they promised to look into several months ago after announcing the shard economy crunch. It’s funny how people keep derailing my post from the main point with no consequence from any mods. Oh well, arbitrary rules I’m sure
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Other players by comparison are not who have teams like JKR, GG Seps, seps, Sith Trio, and other similar teams relic while his are G12 or even G11.

1) Got the red crate in conquest so that's invalid
    2) ABs:
    a) Don't need OR with JKL
    b) Don't need GG with Chewpio
    c) Don't need Trio with SLKR and/or EP/Vader/SE
    d) NS - sure i can't do the top tier, can anyone?
    3) GCs: see above
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    So bottom line, again, this thread is about junk gear continuing to be put into new game modes and end game prize boxes and prize pools. Which does nothing to help the gear economy they promised to look into several months ago after announcing the shard economy crunch. It’s funny how people keep derailing my post from the main point with no consequence from any mods. Oh well, arbitrary rules I’m sure

And I've explained multiple times that there are multiple ways to manage your roster (including mods) that will allow you to not care at all about getting "junk gear" from rewards sometimes.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

And I've explained multiple times that there are multiple ways to manage your roster (including mods) that will allow you to not care at all about getting "junk gear" from rewards sometimes.

Not everyone enjoys playing that way. And even for those that do, what's the point of junk gear in end game content? Why put any gear at all since you don't need it?
  • You’re showing your class by bringing up my job, thanks for that.

If that’s the level you’re going to stoop to, I will now leave this one alone. I thought you were better than that, though.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Not everyone enjoys playing that way.

How is that relevant? Everyone chooses how they play. If you don't enjoy managing resources, that's fine. Whining about your choices isn't.
    And even for those that do, what's the point of junk gear in end game content?

1) You can scrap it for relics
    2) RNG exists throughout the game
    3) I'm willing to bet that CG enjoys these salty threads
    Why put any gear at all since you don't need it?

You're better than this.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    You’re showing your class by bringing up my job, thanks for that.

If that’s the level you’re going to stoop to, I will now leave this one alone. I thought you were better than that, though.

“ I too shall move on, because unlike the pupils in my classes, I’m not paid to teach you basic maths.”

You brought up your job first and placed yourself on a pedestal for it. I simply was making an opinion that you were too busy with that to continue to try and teach me math lol. Not really stooping to anything by not say you’re busy teaching kids math? I’m sorry you take offense to making a factual statement about your career?? Lol
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

And I’ve already said that I have enough gear, relic material and resources hoarded to get another GL unlocked immediately. I have no issues doing so, however when I see absolutely useless gear in the highest prize box of the newest event, I, like many others would prefer it not be there since it’s not equitable of the challenge/event completed over two weeks.

Even if it’s relic scrap, that’s enough scrap for one (1) bronzium wiring. After two weeks....woo hoo...
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    5l49rruantqg.png
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    1) when someone refuses to accept the basic probability of “more mods obtained = more +10 and better mods”, bringing up my job was relevant.

2)
    your students may want a refund

“Lol”

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    1) when someone refuses to accept the basic probability of “more mods obtained = more +10 and better mods”, bringing up my job was relevant.

2)
    your students may want a refund

“Lol”

When the original post wasn’t even remotely about mods, I’m not wanting to discuss it. Wanna talk mods? Make your own thread.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

Not everyone enjoys playing that way.

How is that relevant? Everyone chooses how they play. If you don't enjoy managing resources, that's fine. Whining about your choices isn't.

Not whining, but just because I do manage my resources fairly well doesn't change the fact that mk4 guns and mk4 carbs are actual junk gear. If this is end game content, it should not have a chance to drop junk gear.