[MEGA] Road Ahead: April 2021

Replies

• Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    I feel that if they require KAM in any fashion, it'll cause a lot of people to flock to 50 shards of KAM discord server hoping to join guilds that are getting high amounts of KAM shards. It'll suck for a few months until people get those shards for KAM (2-7 months if they get ~50 shard per LSTB) because people that aren't going after JMK would just stay behind in their base guilds in the mean time.

But oh well, I'm sure no amount of complaining will change CG's mind, it should be very obvious ever since forever that it wouldn't be a happy choice if they make it a hard req.

My guess is that they won't want KAM for a hard requirement for JMK, making everyone able to get him, but JMK will be worse than all other GLs UNLESS you have Kam in the team, and then it gets supercharged to be the strongest team in game. This would effectively make KAM a soft requirement for JMK.

No jedi will be the best team in the game because SEE exist, then there is Vader, Malak, trio, revan, bastila, there is literally no way for a jedi faction to be the best faction unless they drop the nerf hammer on SEE, like really drop the hammer likes of which we haven't seen before

JMK’s meta will probably be Jedi council or galactic republic, and not Jedi. That’s my guess.

🤦‍♂️ jedi council is not jedi??????????
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    I feel that if they require KAM in any fashion, it'll cause a lot of people to flock to 50 shards of KAM discord server hoping to join guilds that are getting high amounts of KAM shards. It'll suck for a few months until people get those shards for KAM (2-7 months if they get ~50 shard per LSTB) because people that aren't going after JMK would just stay behind in their base guilds in the mean time.

But oh well, I'm sure no amount of complaining will change CG's mind, it should be very obvious ever since forever that it wouldn't be a happy choice if they make it a hard req.

My guess is that they won't want KAM for a hard requirement for JMK, making everyone able to get him, but JMK will be worse than all other GLs UNLESS you have Kam in the team, and then it gets supercharged to be the strongest team in game. This would effectively make KAM a soft requirement for JMK.

No jedi will be the best team in the game because SEE exist, then there is Vader, Malak, trio, revan, bastila, there is literally no way for a jedi faction to be the best faction unless they drop the nerf hammer on SEE, like really drop the hammer likes of which we haven't seen before

JMK’s meta will probably be Jedi council or galactic republic, and not Jedi. That’s my guess.

GR
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Wolfcast1e wrote: »

It’s a different tag, with different synergy. Like I said it’s just a guess.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

They are not likely to introduce a tag and a GL for that tag at the same time. The general idea for the GLs is that they can be used to bring together a faction and be the pinnacle of said faction.
  • I can imagine heavy galactic republic synergy if anything.

After all his allegiance is to the Republic. To democracy!
  • Goble57
    99 posts Member
    Has there been any confirmation on this? Due to the new cadence, will there now be a steady stream or still the same waiting period between GL’s, but less now? Basically, should we expect 2 GL’s a year or still 4? @Kyno
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    I take the road ahead to mean that there will not be a big gap between JMK’s release and the announcement of the next GL. I read it to mean that if you work hard on JMK at release, you should complete him right before the next GL is released.

I don’t know if we’ll get 4 this year, though, since the first one is being released in June.
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    Or pull a KAM and do Galactic Republic Jedi only.
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Or pull a KAM and do Galactic Republic Jedi only.

That's my guess
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

They are not likely to introduce a tag and a GL for that tag at the same time. The general idea for the GLs is that they can be used to bring together a faction and be the pinnacle of said faction.

So Fallen Anakin (or Lord Vader or whatever he would be called) is out of the question since the only tag that he could have would be the sith tag and we already got SEE as the factions pinnacle.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Goble57
    99 posts Member
    That’s how I see it too, but wanted to see if devs have confirmed anything. And you’re right that it’s so late in the year, so maybe it’ll be two summer GL’s and two winter GL’s (for the northern hemisphere at least). Can’t imagine they’ll do three this year and five next year, and I can’t imagine them only doing two, so a six month split seems the most likely option

• Legend91 wrote: »

So Fallen Anakin (or Lord Vader or whatever he would be called) is out of the question since the only tag that he could have would be the sith tag and we already got SEE as the factions pinnacle.

They could make him empire since that’s the point when the empire came into existence.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

They could make him empire since that’s the point when the empire came into existence.

Technically, yes. But it would be really lame imo to make FA the GL for the empire, that title should go to some new version of suit Vader (difficult to come up with a new version that would visually differentiate from the one we already got, we had that discussion before) or Palpatine (but we already got legendary Palp as the ep5+6 version).
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited May 2021

Fallen Anakin is more a follower than a leader. Could be the first GL without leader ability but with a sidekick ability, like a super fallen bastilla.

Kylo’s right, pretty unlikely though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Goble57 wrote: »
    That’s how I see it too, but wanted to see if devs have confirmed anything. And you’re right that it’s so late in the year, so maybe it’ll be two summer GL’s and two winter GL’s (for the northern hemisphere at least). Can’t imagine they’ll do three this year and five next year, and I can’t imagine them only doing two, so a six month split seems the most likely option

No they have not confirmed anything about any future GLs other than what we know about JMK, and his counterpart coming later.
  • Legend91 wrote: »

This
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member

I'm all in on Fallen Anakin tag being Empire and Sith tag
  • tdubs
    7 posts Member
    Hey @CG_Doja_Fett when are we getting the kit reveal for Commander Ahsoka Tano? Since she's the reward for the next conquest, I'm assuming it's gonna be soon? I would love to see her kit so much
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    my guess is Tuesday

Conquest update, and CAT's unit should be pushed in-game on 5/19 with the update

Since we will be able to see CAT in-game on 5/19, the kit reveal should be earlier that day or before (Monday or Tuesday)
  • Since we have yet to see all the requirements for accessing legends kenobi aside from of course bo katan being the newest while old and heavily criticized toons like mace have joined do you guys think there will be a new toon added to the game as a requirement for kenobi? My guess will be more outdated jedi like kit fisto since aayla secure is required but maybe a cybernetic maul?
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    If they require a maraquee I think that it will be 1 Bad batch. But I think he will require 1 maraquee and anakin will require the bad batch (like SEE, he also required only 1 maraquee)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I think CAT will be the new one. Just hope they don't "rebalance" conquest too much...
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    I think CAT will be the new one. Just hope they don't "rebalance" conquest too much...

CAT would make more sense on Anakin, even tho, is possible of course, not a complete discard
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member

I doubt CAT would be for Kenobi, people won’t be able to unlock her until like July or August (assuming she’s the same as RC) and there’s no way they release him and not have anyone be able to unlock him straight away
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Grt ready for a Satine drop B)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Gouj4 wrote: »

I doubt CAT would be for Kenobi, people won’t be able to unlock her until like July or August (assuming she’s the same as RC) and there’s no way they release him and not have anyone be able to unlock him straight away

Maybe. Do we know if Kenobi drops with the last batch of requirements or at a later date? The RA says that three Conquests should be enough to 7* CAT, so if he drops later, they could fit it in.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member

Maybe. Do we know if Kenobi drops with the last batch of requirements or at a later date? The RA says that three Conquests should be enough to 7* CAT, so if he drops later, they could fit it in.

I don’t think they said but if last batch of reqs is on the 6th of June then I would expect his event to drop the same month, they’d have to wait till August to make CAT fit in and that just doesn’t seem like a possibility for me, it would kill all of the hype without a doubt. If Fallen Anakin is the next one then I can see CAT being required for him, would line up a lot better for sure.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

I don’t think they said but if last batch of reqs is on the 6th of June then I would expect his event to drop the same month, they’d have to wait till August to make CAT fit in and that just doesn’t seem like a possibility for me, it would kill all of the hype without a doubt. If Fallen Anakin is the next one then I can see CAT being required for him, would line up a lot better for sure.

Last batch is 6/9. Event should drop probably on 6/30 to match current cadence, but could be 6/23 as the last two sets were 2 weeks after the final requirements.

CAT as a JMK requirement seems impossible since she won't be activated for anyone yet.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Pile wrote: »

Technically, yes. But it would be really lame imo to make FA the GL for the empire, that title should go to some new version of suit Vader (difficult to come up with a new version that would visually differentiate from the one we already got, we had that discussion before) or Palpatine (but we already got legendary Palp as the ep5+6 version).

Well, if his ultimate transforms him from fallen anakin to vader in the suit.....

He has to go crispy first and then suit up!