[MEGA] Road Ahead: April 2021

Replies

  • SotaDraken
    447 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    As far as the other GL, I am saying that it's not Lord Vader. "Fallen Anakin" is not a thing. He goes Anakin, General of 501st and Jedi Knight (appointed to the Jedi Council) to Lord Vader, apprentice to Darth Sidious.

    SKLR: First Order
    Rey: Resistance
    JML: Jedi
    SEE: Sith

    GLOW: Galactic Republic?
    Maul: Scoundrel/Separatist?


    Bad Batch will be required for Maul.

    CAT.. is interesting.. I could see be required (ala JKL's farm) and thus have the harder farm but the bigger faction (Scoundrels) to pull from..

    Could this be the rise of the Gamorrean Guard???
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    As far as the other GL, I am saying that it's not Lord Vader. "Fallen Anakin" is not a thing. He goes Anakin, General of 501st and Jedi Knight (appointed to the Jedi Council) to Lord Vader, apprentice to Darth Sidious.

    SKLR: First Order
    Rey: Resistance
    JML: Jedi
    SEE: Sith

    GLOW: Galactic Republic?
    Maul: Scoundrel/Separatist?


    Bad Batch will be required for Maul.

    CAT.. is interesting.. I could see be required (ala JKL's farm) and thus have the harder farm but the bigger faction (Scoundrels) to pull from..

    Could this be the rise of the Gamorrean Guard???

    Bad batch have absolutely no tie to Maul what so ever, no way would they be required for Maul IF he was the next GL.
  • SotaDraken
    447 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    Bad batch have absolutely no tie to Maul what so ever, no way would they be required for Maul IF he was the next GL.

    I can understand how that appears but how does Bo-katan tie into GLOW, other than some appearances in the Clone Wars cartoon? Do you think she will be on the squad that GLOW eventually is on?

    I think it's more about monetization of a new character..

  • TVF
    36579 posts Member
    SotaDraken wrote: »

    GLOW

    Nope.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    As far as the other GL, I am saying that it's not Lord Vader. "Fallen Anakin" is not a thing. He goes Anakin, General of 501st and Jedi Knight (appointed to the Jedi Council) to Lord Vader, apprentice to Darth Sidious.

    That makes sense, but Jedi Master Kenobi isn’t a thing either. It’s live-action General Kenobi.

    GAS is also from the Clone Wars show and live-action JKA seems a younger version, inexperienced in the mass murder area. Plus he doesn’t have a scar (anymore), so live-action Scarface Tusken Slayer Anakin is on the table.

  • Starslayer wrote: »
    That makes sense, but Jedi Master Kenobi isn’t a thing either. It’s live-action General Kenobi.

    GAS is also from the Clone Wars show and live-action JKA seems a younger version, inexperienced in the mass murder area. Plus he doesn’t have a scar (anymore), so live-action Scarface Tusken Slayer Anakin is on the table.
    I think the Kenobi on the Jedi Council disagrees.

    Fun part is that I could be totally wrong. Could be Lord Vader from the Duel from Mustafar but I doubt it. Already have Sith faction as GL.. It's about another Faction's GL..
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    Bad batch have absolutely no tie to Maul what so ever, no way would they be required for Maul IF he was the next GL.

    I can understand how that appears but how does Bo-katan tie into GLOW, other than some appearances in the Clone Wars cartoon? Do you think she will be on the squad that GLOW eventually is on?

    I think it's more about monetization of a new character..

    Yeah everyone always likes to say they base the prerequisites off of pure monetisation by making us gear new characters or characters that the majority of the player base hasn’t geared but those characters always make some sort of sense to the GL’s they are required for. Bo-Katan might not have been Kenobi’s best friend but she certainly ties in to him. The love of his life’s sister, helped him escape mandalore it’s not a huge link but the link is there. Bad batch for Maul don’t have a single tie in, not one. Monetisation of a new character only goes so far there is always a link, no matter how small.
  • Gouj4 wrote: »
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    Bad batch have absolutely no tie to Maul what so ever, no way would they be required for Maul IF he was the next GL.

    I can understand how that appears but how does Bo-katan tie into GLOW, other than some appearances in the Clone Wars cartoon? Do you think she will be on the squad that GLOW eventually is on?

    I think it's more about monetization of a new character..

    Yeah everyone always likes to say they base the prerequisites off of pure monetisation by making us gear new characters or characters that the majority of the player base hasn’t geared but those characters always make some sort of sense to the GL’s they are required for. Bo-Katan might not have been Kenobi’s best friend but she certainly ties in to him. The love of his life’s sister, helped him escape mandalore it’s not a huge link but the link is there. Bad batch for Maul don’t have a single tie in, not one. Monetisation of a new character only goes so far there is always a link, no matter how small.

    I agree there should be a link or a reason from the Canon that can should help explain why any character is required.

    I would like to point out that BB's history (before this current series) is with the Clone Wars, as much as Bo-katan started out as.

    Both are tied to this current round of GLs by being from the era they are referring to. Both are an option for CG to use to get the players to pay for.

    Because of the cadence they are using currently, BB is most likely not an option for GLOW


    BUT... for the DS GL, I could absolutely see that as an option.
  • crzydroid
    7288 posts Moderator
    I mean, by June 9th we could easily have a Bad Batch episode where they go to Tatooine and meet Kenobi...
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    Bad batch have absolutely no tie to Maul what so ever, no way would they be required for Maul IF he was the next GL.

    I can understand how that appears but how does Bo-katan tie into GLOW, other than some appearances in the Clone Wars cartoon? Do you think she will be on the squad that GLOW eventually is on?

    I think it's more about monetization of a new character..

    Yeah everyone always likes to say they base the prerequisites off of pure monetisation by making us gear new characters or characters that the majority of the player base hasn’t geared but those characters always make some sort of sense to the GL’s they are required for. Bo-Katan might not have been Kenobi’s best friend but she certainly ties in to him. The love of his life’s sister, helped him escape mandalore it’s not a huge link but the link is there. Bad batch for Maul don’t have a single tie in, not one. Monetisation of a new character only goes so far there is always a link, no matter how small.

    I agree there should be a link or a reason from the Canon that can should help explain why any character is required.

    I would like to point out that BB's history (before this current series) is with the Clone Wars, as much as Bo-katan started out as.

    Both are tied to this current round of GLs by being from the era they are referring to. Both are an option for CG to use to get the players to pay for.

    Because of the cadence they are using currently, BB is most likely not an option for GLOW


    BUT... for the DS GL, I could absolutely see that as an option.

    Would depend who the DS GL is. If it is Maul as you originally said then no. If it’s Anakin then maybe at a stretch but I honestly wouldn’t expect BB to be required for either and there isn’t any one else they could do that BB would make any sense for at this point in time. BB may be the new shiny thing for the moment but it doesn’t mean they’ll be needed for anything specific any time soon
  • TargetEadu
    1538 posts Member
    Anakin may be “Vader” as soon as he cuts off Mace’s hand, but he’s still Anakin, and acts like it. Suited Darth Vader is slow, but inexorable, while Lord Vader / Fallen Anakin is much more... reckless, for one, but faster and more ferocious.

    Hmm... ferocity...

    Also, Lord Vader may be more accurate, but Fallen Anakin has a better ring to it. Possibly Sith Apprentice Anakin or something.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Haven’t seen a thread where people have talked about this.

    What’s he gonna be? What moves? They said he’ll be based on ROTS, in which he did a whole lot of attacking. So maybe we’ll get an Attacker. Still, all other OWK’s in game are tanks, and he is the galaxies best defender so wouldn’t be surprised if he was a tank. There only one GL tank just now and the rest are already attackers.

    On moves, that’s too hard to guess, but we gotta have one called “Hello There” which I’m thinking is the one he taunts with, and probably a unique buff.

    Anyone else got some ideas, or point me to the thread I missed.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    I’m betting support to synergize with KAM’s unique.
  • I'm guessing one of his abilities or lead will be called high ground
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I'm guessing one of his abilities or lead will be called high ground

    1iorp89s5fm41.jpg
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Digging the photoshop, but I'd love a duel with Anakin for tier 3
  • TVF
    36579 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'm guessing one of his abilities or lead will be called high ground

    1iorp89s5fm41.jpg

    Thanks I hate it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kenpachi1017
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    The suspense is killing me!!!
    Can't wait to see round two tomorrow 😁

    So, they seem to be doing one GL per faction. Also, only duplicate requirements once.

    I think he will be Galactic Republic. Support.
    GAS r7 OR JKA r8 required. R7 or 8 GG or Jango for the opposing. GMY and Cody.
    Then, all the trash Galactic Republic Jedi.

    Wild cards are some bounty hunter from Clone Wars cartoon, since Bo is a req. and KAM if they put them in shipments.

    What do you all think?
  • I want Support, but no one in my guild believes CG can be that generous. He'd have godlike attack stats with KAM.
  • Bigger takeaway from the screenshot that is hiding in plain sight is that we will have a new Mace! that porkins has already taken to R7 I give you....

    General Mace Windu!!

    liehohu864pd.jpeg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Bigger takeaway from the screenshot that is hiding in plain sight is that we will have a new Mace! that porkins has already taken to R7 I give you....

    General Mace Windu!!

    liehohu864pd.jpeg

    Porkins confirmed!
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'm guessing one of his abilities or lead will be called high ground

    1iorp89s5fm41.jpg

    Can’t believe I missed the High Ground!
  • Do you honestly see that as a screenshot?
    Why would a GL PvE event have a timer?
    Also, notice the art style on the abilities not matching the style we have for literally EVERY ability.

    Then again, trolls will troll.
  • Gouj4 wrote: »
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    Bad batch have absolutely no tie to Maul what so ever, no way would they be required for Maul IF he was the next GL.

    I can understand how that appears but how does Bo-katan tie into GLOW, other than some appearances in the Clone Wars cartoon? Do you think she will be on the squad that GLOW eventually is on?

    I think it's more about monetization of a new character..

    Yeah everyone always likes to say they base the prerequisites off of pure monetisation by making us gear new characters or characters that the majority of the player base hasn’t geared but those characters always make some sort of sense to the GL’s they are required for. Bo-Katan might not have been Kenobi’s best friend but she certainly ties in to him. The love of his life’s sister, helped him escape mandalore it’s not a huge link but the link is there. Bad batch for Maul don’t have a single tie in, not one. Monetisation of a new character only goes so far there is always a link, no matter how small.

    SLKR and Wampa.... and go...
  • Ima guess next requirements will be Luminara, ST, Plo, QGJ, and padme. Since every GL has required a legendary, padme makes the most sense here. Not sure if GAS will be needed since, if we are to get a Lord Vader GL, he would definitely be needed there.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Do you honestly see that as a screenshot?
    Why would a GL PvE event have a timer?
    Also, notice the art style on the abilities not matching the style we have for literally EVERY ability.

    Then again, trolls will troll.

    You somehow missed all of the jokes, well done
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Do you honestly see that as a screenshot?
    Why would a GL PvE event have a timer?
    Also, notice the art style on the abilities not matching the style we have for literally EVERY ability.

    Then again, trolls will troll.


    nzw310yg61sn.jpeg

  • Reaver11 wrote: »
    Ima guess next requirements will be Luminara, ST, Plo, QGJ, and padme. Since every GL has required a legendary, padme makes the most sense here. Not sure if GAS will be needed since, if we are to get a Lord Vader GL, he would definitely be needed there.

    I'm quite sure padme will be needed for GL anakin, so I'm quite sure padme won't be a requirement for kenobi.
    (and you could argue that kenobi is a legendary, or GMY also makes sense as a legendary)
Sign In or Register to comment.