Improve ship farming please, please, PLEASE!!!

It take forever to farm new ships to 7 stars!
Please double shards or at least give players more places where we can found shards...

Ships are so abandoned

Replies

• Agreed. Ships are basically dead weight in this game. Shard drops seem to be about 25% of most character drops. Nobody likes ships in actual gameplay, only in theory. They want ships, but ships suck. Farm time is stupid.

So question for devs, are you planning to fix this? Ships are kinda woven into the game in an unmeaningful way, nobody’s wants to mess with it but certain parts of the game require it. I would recommend either fixing them ASAP or just dropping them altogether if you don’t have the resources to maintain them and keep them relevant and entertaining.

I am personally about to abandon the game completely because of long farm times on characters. Ships is just totally impotent though. The minute I hit a wall on ships I will probably just quit because ships are just hopelessly out of date and just take too long to bother with.
  • It would literally be a grind-type game even without ships. The problem is as stated. Ships aren’t terribly interesting even though people want them to be, and the grind time is extremely skewed relative to characters. This isn’t a new revelation but it has crossed the line into ridiculousness. So that is why I stated, if they do not have the resources to update and maintain the ship side of the game, the better course of valor would be to just kill it altogether. It would make the game better to not have ships at this point.
  • 2 statements in your post need further detail I’m afraid...

1) shard drops seem to be about 25% of most character drops.
    Do you have any data to back this up? Or is this just a spurious claim?

2) Nobody likes ships in actual gameplay
    Is this true? There are entire discord servers dedicated to ships, and several of my guild members are crazy about ships. Yet you state absolutely and definitively that nobody likes them.

But, if you’re about to quit anyway, there’s a chance that both of these statements are not being made from an entirely rational position.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    2 statements in your post need further detail I’m afraid...

1) shard drops seem to be about 25% of most character drops.
    Do you have any data to back this up? Or is this just a spurious claim?

2) Nobody likes ships in actual gameplay
    Is this true? There are entire discord servers dedicated to ships, and several of my guild members are crazy about ships. Yet you state absolutely and definitively that nobody likes them.

But, if you’re about to quit anyway, there’s a chance that both of these statements are not being made from an entirely rational position.

Or the "I'm about to quit" is just a pointless attempt to make the devs worried.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Mtbninja wrote: »
    It would literally be a grind-type game even without ships. The problem is as stated. Ships aren’t terribly interesting even though people want them to be, and the grind time is extremely skewed relative to characters. This isn’t a new revelation but it has crossed the line into ridiculousness. So that is why I stated, if they do not have the resources to update and maintain the ship side of the game, the better course of valor would be to just kill it altogether. It would make the game better to not have ships at this point.

you may want to run some data here, because if you look at the breakdown, you are correct about a skewed timeline relative to characters, but not in the way you think.

There are just over 50 ships, and well over 200 characters, even if you "double" the farm for ships because they need a pilot, you will still only be at 100 farming points, vs 150. ship farming is much easier than character farming, and also more straightforward.

ships are much easier to farm, build a solid roster and have a better ROI from their arena, generally speaking. if you dont like it, dont worry about it, see how far that gets you. they serve a purpose and its fairly easy to get to the point where you can utilize them and if you want, let them sit, but at no point should they be gotten rid of just because you dont see the point.