“find”able mod list

Cochinsky
1 posts Member
edited May 2021
In an effort to keep finding the best mods for my characters, i’m constantly clicking on the “find” button whenever it’s recommend to assign a better mod. Once in a blue moon the ideal mod shows up in the mod store, and I drop 1-4 million on the perfect mod. The problem i’m having is that I have to go through each mod individually, every 6 hours when the mod store supply refreshes.
I would like to see an in-game feature that allows you to create a list of mods you want to replace and be able to search the store for all of them at once.
Does this seem like a reasonable request? Or is this ability already in the game, and I just haven’t figured out how to do it yet?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• chpMINIsolo_77
    3103 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I use the filter and sort options when looking for mods.
    I’m also not using “basic” and have mine set to “advanced”
  • id2rztupe0o6.jpg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Cochinsky wrote: »
    I would like to see an in-game feature that allows you to create a list of mods you want to replace and be able to search the store for all of them at once.
    Does this seem like a reasonable request? Or is this ability already in the game, and I just haven’t figured out how to do it yet?

Unfortunately, what you are saying doesnt actually seem reasonable.

There are so many combinations that listing out even a fairly large number of mods, you may still never see those specific ones in the store.

The second "issue" is that if you set this up, you may be "missing" mods that would be an acceptable substitute or even better than what you want, but they will not show up and cause a player to "miss out". This is why personally looking and viewing them yourself is the best practice.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    I always browse mods in the store.

I've created a criteria for what's worthwhile for me, but usually if one of my characters needs mods that I don't have, I'll spend a few weeks farming up mods in the mod challenges until I can roll some of those into worthwhile mods.

It's hard to fill gaps from the store because you don't know if they're going to roll the secondaries your particular character needs, i.e. you might find five purple/gold Potency + mods with speed in the store in the space of a month, and they could all roll non-speed stats easily enough. In that same amount of time you'll get more mods from the mod challenges, and thus a better shot at something useful.

May the RNG be with you, always.
  • Mods are an area that can eat up a lot of time and energy, so I try to take advantage of the auto-assign under the basic tag. I just think it would be handy to be able to create a wanted list, or maybe flag all of the recommended mods to replace with a “find all” button that scours the mod store, events, and other locations for possibilities.
    That still allows anyone who is super customizing with their mods to look individually, but I just can’t wrap my head around that many components.
    The happiest moments for me in this game is when I hit the find button and I get the rare mods store sighting.
    cvj4ln7r5mjw.png
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I cannot express this strongly enough.

if you use the basic auto assign mod setup, you are gonna have a bad time.