Mod removal cost and mod UI

13Next

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Also, another sidebar. This question is specifically for TVF Kyno and DarjeloSalas ...

Considering that the three of you have at least 2 GLs, have no need to swap mods, even for LSGeoTB, GAC, GC, Arena, etc. And that credits are of no object to you in the game. Would you consider yourselves to be operating in a higher tier of the game than those that may have one or no GLs or may rely more on mod placement for progress because of their less advanced rosters? Personally I would consider myself operating at a higher tier than someone with less than one GL because I have at least one. Or because I can enter hard mode of conquest when someone may not have the GP to even attempt hard mode.

I ask because it's apparent to me that the higher the tier we become in the game, the less certain aspects of the game affect us as they did before we evolved. The difference between a 3 mill roster and a 5 mill is significant and things that may have bothered us at a lesser gp, no longer do... but we shouldn't have forgotten these things along the way just because they don't affect us anymore.

I only spoke about swapping for PvE and making it in Arenas. I also mentioned swapping for Kam mission, which is LSGeo.

nope, not on another level at all. we are all players here and many of us have grown through the changes they have made to see things like credits no longer being a problem.

we are just trying to help you and other understand that there are times where you can create your own issues, and its not necessarily a game problem, as much as a management problem.

Also, you can see that we have not forgotten that, as many of the posts here acknowledge that this is a early mid game problem, and its something you have to manage as you go through. Ideas around this and solutions have been suggested a few times in this very thread.

Maybe if I could trade sim tickets in for something... like say crystals.

If you're going to dream, dream big lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • WhosTheBossk83
    34 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Also, another sidebar. This question is specifically for TVF Kyno and DarjeloSalas ...

I only spoke about swapping for PvE and making it in Arenas. I also mentioned swapping for Kam mission, which is LSGeo.

nope, not on another level at all. we are all players here and many of us have grown through the changes they have made to see things like credits no longer being a problem.

we are just trying to help you and other understand that there are times where you can create your own issues, and its not necessarily a game problem, as much as a management problem.

Also, you can see that we have not forgotten that, as many of the posts here acknowledge that this is a early mid game problem, and its something you have to manage as you go through. Ideas around this and solutions have been suggested a few times in this very thread.
  • WhosTheBossk83
    34 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    @Kyno Nah, you are missing the point still. Clearly I can manage my mods as mine are better than most. I am calling for a change in paradigm and not asking for advice on how to make choices differently. I understand the impact of my choices. I am saying no penalizing mod swaps with credit charges so that it opens things up. Allow unbridled creativity!! How would you feel about that change (even if it is slow to happen)? In my opinion it would be badass. Especially if it was accompanied by a mod UI overhaul.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Considering that the three of you have at least 2 GLs, have no need to swap mods, even for LSGeoTB, GAC, GC, Arena, etc. And that credits are of no object to you in the game. Would you consider yourselves to be operating in a higher tier of the game than those that may have one or no GLs or may rely more on mod placement for progress because of their less advanced rosters? Personally I would consider myself operating at a higher tier than someone with less than one GL because I have at least one. Or because I can enter hard mode of conquest when someone may not have the GP to even attempt hard mode.

I ask because it's apparent to me that the higher the tier we become in the game, the less certain aspects of the game affect us as they did before we evolved. The difference between a 3 mill roster and a 5 mill is significant and things that may have bothered us at a lesser gp, no longer do... but we shouldn't have forgotten these things along the way just because they don't affect us anymore.

Maybe if I could trade sim tickets in for something... like say crystals.

sim tickets were "made useless" by flooding the market. it was the "easiest" way to remove that problem from the equation. so they made them worthless by doing this and will therefore be very unlikely to have them be used for anything else.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nah, you are all missing the point still. Clearly I can manage my mods as mine are better than most. I am talking an overhaul here. No penalizing mod swaps with credit charges so that it opens things up. Allow unbridled creativity!! I am calling for a change in paradigm. How would you feel about that change (even if it is slow to happen). In my opinion it would be badass. Especially if it was accompanied by a mod UI overhaul.

UI overhaul is likely to happen. a change to the system in the way you suggest is not, they want the cost there for the reasons outlined.

also, just have to ask, how is making a team work for multiple situations without swapping mods, not creative?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Nah, you are all missing the point still. Clearly I can manage my mods as mine are better than most. I am talking an overhaul here. No penalizing mod swaps with credit charges so that it opens things up. Allow unbridled creativity!! I am calling for a change in paradigm. How would you feel about that change (even if it is slow to happen). In my opinion it would be badass. Especially if it was accompanied by a mod UI overhaul.

UI overhaul is likely to happen. a change to the system in the way you suggest is not, they want the cost there for the reasons outlined.

also, just have to ask, how is making a team work for multiple situations without swapping mods, not creative?

Thats good to know, I assumed the UI would change in time. Yes, your example requires some creativity within a closed system. But IMO it is the credit charge that keeps the system quite closed and limits creative potential within the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Thats good to know, I assumed the UI would change in time. Yes, your example requires some creativity within a closed system. But IMO it is the credit charge that keeps the system quite closed and limits creative potential within the game.

That would still be a closed system. that may add another layer, but it would also limit the reward of players who commit to farming to have a wider mod library.

the goal is always to be driving development forward, stagnating in one area to push harder in another vs a balance between the 2 - they will always want to push the latter.

That would still be a closed system. that may add another layer, but it would also limit the reward of players who commit to farming to have a wider mod library.

the goal is always to be driving development forward, stagnating in one area to push harder in another vs a balance between the 2 - they will always want to push the latter.

Couldn't their reward just be that they don't have to invest any time in it? Sounds like they would have a better life balance with the game, which is something I would still love to achieve and wouldn't stop striving before just because swaps are free.

Couldn't their reward just be that they don't have to invest any time in it? Sounds like they would have a better life balance with the game, which is something I would still love to achieve and wouldn't stop striving before just because swaps are free.
    Spending less time swapping mods would surely provide a better life balance, no?

Spending less time swapping mods would surely provide a better life balance, no?

A better UI would make that go away.

Which is why I said it's something I would like to achieve... do you guys actually read comments or just argue everything?

Which is why I said it's something I would like to achieve... do you guys actually read comments or just argue everything?
    I’m not arguing against an improved UI.

I do not think they should remove or even reduce the cost of swapping mods though.

And I stand by my statement. If you had better mods, you wouldn’t need to spend much time swapping them.
  • WhosTheBossk83
    34 posts Member
    edited May 2021

That makes sense in a way. Not sure how mod swapping being chargeless changes that. New GAC requires as much as 600+ quality mods ... I have maybe 60-70 I would consider quality and I have much better than most. Gonna keep farming regardless.

I do not think they should remove or even reduce the cost of swapping mods though.

And I stand by my statement. If you had better mods, you wouldn’t need to spend much time swapping them.

I think that goes without saying... if I had a million crystals, I'd have better mods too.

I think that goes without saying... if I had a million crystals, I'd have better mods too.
    I’m not following this, I’m afraid.

I usually spend 150 crystals a day on mod refreshes. Sometimes it’s 100 or even 50 if other priorities are competing for crystals.

This is some way off having a million crystals.

I’m not following this, I’m afraid.

I usually spend 150 crystals a day on mod refreshes. Sometimes it’s 100 or even 50 if other priorities are competing for crystals.

This is some way off having a million crystals.

"It goes without saying" is an American expression. It means that the statement is basically common sense. My statement of, "if I had a million credits, i would have better mods." Is an example of something else that goes without saying. Sorry, I forget sometimes that not everyone is familiar with all sayings and expressions. I guess you could say that also goes without saying.

I respect your opinion, but just feel differently — and I arguably have a better/deeper mod library than you. Not in a contest ofc, but it just goes to show that the argument can’t stand on having a “good” or “better” current mod library. Being able to swap mods freely within a friendly UI would improve my experience. The current system does not accomplish its goal IMO and people are constantly having to find annoying ways to work around it.
  • Fair enough - though I’m not sure on what basis you could claim to have a better / deeper mod collection?!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

That makes sense in a way. Not sure how mod swapping being chargeless changes that. New GAC requires as much as 600+ quality mods ... I have maybe 60-70 I would consider quality and I have much better than most. Gonna keep farming regardless.

Not everyone is at the top, in fact quite few are.

They are always pushing the development, as discussed, thats why it would change that, it removes or lessens the need to develop your library. The cost is there to make that path "not the way", which is why they are not likely to remove it.
  • Fair enough - though I’m not sure on what basis you could claim to have a better / deeper mod collection?!

Just messing with you haha! I did have a few red highlights on our bot comparison chart though, Right!? I just missed the first 1.5 years of mods to have as much depth at slightly lower speeds ... in all actuality they are pretty comparable at the top ends. Enough to be competitive against each other :)