Kit Reveal: Commander Ahsoka Tano

Replies

• Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ahsoka has +50% Offense and Critical Damage, and if another Light Side Unaligned Force User, Galactic Republic, or Scoundrel ally is present, she also has +50% Health and Defense and shares all of these bonuses with her Light Side allies.

If there are currently fewer allies than enemies, the bonuses to Offense, Critical Damage, Health and Defense are increased by 10% for each Galactic Republic or Scoundrel ally.

1. For each ally that is undefeated or does this include defeated allies with those tags?

Lets say its CAT vs Sith Empire, and only CAT is left standing with 4 scoundrels that are defeated, does she gain +40% or +0%?

2. Why does the second part of the ability excludes unaligned but the first part does not? Can the bonuses for fewer allies get extended to unaligned?
    1. In that scenario, she gets 60% to Offense and Defense. She counts as an "ally" for the purpose of undersized, so she would get 10% bonus and she always gets the 50% to Offense and Defense.
    2. Allied Light Side Unaligned Force Users will get these bonuses but they won't contribute an extra 10%
    I just read the Developer Insights: Commander Ahsoka Tano and when I saw the list of characters that will belong to the new tag I saw Rey (Scavenger) then following that logic farmboy Luke deserves that tag too, ¿right?

Farmboy Luke didn't use the force. He just got lucky deflecting the remote shots according to a witness.

ROLO used the force to listen to where Luke was under Bespin

Force Sensitivity doesn't make her a Force User
  • Soupstyle wrote: »
    I just read the Developer Insights: Commander Ahsoka Tano and when I saw the list of characters that will belong to the new tag I saw Rey (Scavenger) then following that logic farmboy Luke deserves that tag too, ¿right?

I think that Chirrut would be an unaligned force user too, no?

At the very least, before Farmboy Luke and Rey (Scavenger), as they didn't really wield the force when they were on Tatooine and Jakku, respectively.

True
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Ahsoka has +50% Offense and Critical Damage, and if another Light Side Unaligned Force User, Galactic Republic, or Scoundrel ally is present, she also has +50% Health and Defense and shares all of these bonuses with her Light Side allies.

If there are currently fewer allies than enemies, the bonuses to Offense, Critical Damage, Health and Defense are increased by 10% for each Galactic Republic or Scoundrel ally.

1. For each ally that is undefeated or does this include defeated allies with those tags?

Lets say its CAT vs Sith Empire, and only CAT is left standing with 4 scoundrels that are defeated, does she gain +40% or +0%?

2. Why does the second part of the ability excludes unaligned but the first part does not? Can the bonuses for fewer allies get extended to unaligned?
    1. In that scenario, she gets 60% to Offense and Defense. She counts as an "ally" for the purpose of undersized, so she would get 10% bonus and she always gets the 50% to Offense and Defense.
    2. Allied Light Side Unaligned Force Users will get these bonuses but they won't contribute an extra 10%

Farmboy Luke didn't use the force. He just got lucky deflecting the remote shots according to a witness.

Why so sensitive?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Liamtbqh wrote: »

Why so sensitive?

Why so Force sensitive?
  • Pretty powerful kit, my only problem is that if someone were to theoretically never use Force Leap, she can ramp up really large amounts of damage
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Pretty powerful kit, my only problem is that if someone were to theoretically never use Force Leap, she can ramp up really large amounts of damage

Only if you can go from theory to reality.
  • So available from merchants but not in crates? May take a while....
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    So available from merchants but not in crates? May take a while....

No, if you get the max create in hard and buy all the shards from the Jawa nodes you will have her after 3 conquests.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Special 2: FORCE LEAP (Cooldown 8)

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) The first time Force Leap is used each encounter, instantly defeat target enemy and each Light Side ally gains 35% Turn Meter.

Force Leap on Raid Bosses: Call all other Galactic Republic allies to assist, dealing 10% more damage.

Deal Special damage to target enemy and gain Critical Damage Up for 3 turns. Reduce this ability's cooldown by 4. If Commander Ahsoka Tano has Shien, inflict Armor Shred until the end of the encounter.

This ability starts on cooldown and can't be evaded.

So a little bit unclear on this. The first time Force Leap is used, it will only defeat target enemy and grant tm or call all GR allies to assist on a boss, and not deal damage, get CD up, reduce cooldown and inflict Armor Shred.

Given this, that cooldown reduction would only occur on the second use, so does that mean that, per encounter, this ability effectively has an 8 turn cooldown until it has been used twice, and then 4 turn cooldown, assuming no cooldown increase mechanics?
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

He used the essence of the force to bullseye wamprats back on Tatooine

• "Padmé’s Courage buff combined with Ahsoka’s Basic, Jar’Kai Master, is very effective in the Geonosis Territory Battle as Jar’Kai Master hits twice and gets the bonus from Courage each time."

Wait a second...is this new? Have multi hit attacks always gotten the courage bonus each time? For example, original Ahsoka has a special that hits 3 times. Has that always done courage damage on each hit? How have I missed this?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited May 2021

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) The first time Force Leap is used each encounter, instantly defeat target enemy and each Light Side ally gains 35% Turn Meter.

Force Leap on Raid Bosses: Call all other Galactic Republic allies to assist, dealing 10% more damage.

Deal Special damage to target enemy and gain Critical Damage Up for 3 turns. Reduce this ability's cooldown by 4. If Commander Ahsoka Tano has Shien, inflict Armor Shred until the end of the encounter.

So a little bit unclear on this. The first time Force Leap is used, it will only defeat target enemy and grant tm or call all GR allies to assist on a boss, and not deal damage, get CD up, reduce cooldown and inflict Armor Shred.

Given this, that cooldown reduction would only occur on the second use, so does that mean that, per encounter, this ability effectively has an 8 turn cooldown until it has been used twice, and then 4 turn cooldown, assuming no cooldown increase mechanics?

Dev insight goes into detail

It starts as a 8 turn cooldown ability with annihilate and then becomes a 4 turn cooldown ability that deals damage after first usage
  • DarthTriumvirate
    82 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Further question, saw this in developer insights, so I want to see if I'm understanding courage correctly.

"Padmé’s Courage buff combined with Ahsoka’s Basic, Jar’Kai Master, is very effective in the Geonosis Territory Battle as Jar’Kai Master hits twice and gets the bonus from Courage each time."

Courage's use description is:
    "Courage: When damaging the target enemy with an ability, for each 5 stacks of Courage, dispel 5 stacks and deal bonus damage equal to 40% of the target's Max Health"

So here's the question, obviously for characters with multiple ability uses in a single turn, like Dooku, GAS, etc...courage only hits once. However, this would imply that abilities that hit multiple times within a single ability use apply courage the number of times they hit. Let's just say, for the sake of argument, that Sabine has 10 stacks of courage, and she hits an enemy with her basic that has less than 35% tm and is debuffed. That would cause Sabine to hit 5 times. According to this in developer insights, that would imply that courage would also apply 5 times, dealing 50 courage stacks of effective damage, which is 400% health. In addition, since this is in reality only consuming 10 stacks, I assume the limit of 30 stacks consumed in an ability would not apply.
    Can I get confirmation that this is how it would work, and that something like that is intended?
    And yes I know Sabine can't get Courage, it's just for sake of argument (looking at the people I know would point that out)
    Post edited by DarthTriumvirate on
  • R2E2s
    43 posts Member
    For her unique, if she meets the conditions, she ONLY shares the bonuses of +50% Health and Defense? Or does she give the bonuses of +50% Offense and Critical Damage as well?
  • Durandal
    109 posts Member
    WHY Scoundrel?!?!?!
  • Ultra wrote: »

Dev insight goes into detail

It starts as a 8 turn cooldown ability with annihilate and then becomes a 4 turn cooldown ability that deals damage after first usage

Yup I saw after looking. That first line is just a first use thing, in addition to all the other effects that come listed after. Kind of not the best wording, but whatever.
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    Pretty powerful kit, my only problem is that if someone were to theoretically never use Force Leap, she can ramp up really large amounts of damage

Pretty sure that bonus damage is only on Force Leap in the first place... still works to pull a second mega-hit, but it’ll be hitting hard enough...

Especially if you give Shien Form to the Jedi Ahsoka Tano. Innate Evasion, Assists on every special ability. That’ll get Force Leap real quick. Shame CAT doesn’t give Prot Up but that’s... still very very strong.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »

Pretty sure that bonus damage is only on Force Leap in the first place... still works to pull a second mega-hit, but it’ll be hitting hard enough...

Especially if you give Shien Form to the Jedi Ahsoka Tano. Innate Evasion, Assists on every special ability. That’ll get Force Leap real quick. Shame CAT doesn’t give Prot Up but that’s... still very very strong.

Yep, thanks for pointing that out. CAT and AT should together be able to allow GR teams to beat DR+Malak more reliably, since Ahsoka can help to quickly reduce the cooldown, and then CAT can instakill Malak. Probably would need to mod CAT to be fastest, to make the most out of AT's assists
  • I’m sorry but “unaligned force user”? This kit and character looks really cool but how in the world is GL Rey an unaligned force user? I really need to hear the reasoning behind giving her that tag. I understand not wanting to give her a Jedi tag for balance purposes but she is a Jedi straight up. That’s kinda what the movie is about. Not much can make me consider quitting but when you start messing with lore and having character tags that don’t make any sense, I lose interest. This isn’t the worst possible thing obviously but please never ever add a “neutral” tag to a Jedi or sith character or a neutral force user. Grey Jedi are canonically impossible and I don’t care how much I’ve invested into this game I will stop playing if that gets implemented. I probably sound dramatic but I’ve had too many conversations with people on the internet arguing about the possibility of someone using the dark side without any consequence to it’s temptations and corruptions. Every character is light side or dark side if they use the force. Thank you for coming to my Ted talk. This is a really cool kit but Rey is a Jedi :)
  • I know Capital Games isn't exactly known for it's lore accuracy for characters in game (Piett being an imperial trooper for example) But when you are going to quote something as lore, at least be accurate with it.

Ashoka was banished from the Jedi Order and chose not to return following the proof of her innocence. This meant she lost ranks in the Grand Army of the Republic. In season 7 Anakin tried to give half of the 501st to Ahsoka to take to Mandalore, but Obi wan pointed out that she was not apart of the GAR and thus couldn't lead the mission. Captain Rex was promoted to Commander to lead the mission and Ashoka was assigned as an advisor. Rex was then demoted back to Captain following order 66 by Jesse during his accusation of Rex's treason of defending Ahsoka.

While the clones still viewed Ashoka as a commander out of respect, she didn't hold that rank again just like she didn't hold the title of Jedi again. So Commander Ahsoka Tano, is actually the one we already have as the Jedi/Galactic Republic/501st.
  • Waaah waaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

e175df58889c623dd271f69078768348.gif
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    CAT under Commander Cody w/ clones: So many out of turn attacks that every use of Force Leap would be Annihilate.
  • All i have to say is amazing kit!
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    I think Rex addresses this in CW directly:

Rex: “Glad to have you back, Commander.”

Ahsoka: “Thanks, Rex... but you don’t have to call me Commander anymore.”

Rex: “Understood, Commander.”

(Or something like that.)

Regardless of what the “official” chain of command was, everyone knew Ahsoka was in charge again. Rex was promoted solely because Ahsoka couldn’t officially order troops as a “citizen” / civilian, and he and the entire 501st knew it and acted like it. Which you did mention, but I think it carries more weight than you give it.

Plus, the Galactic Republic tag isn’t just the Grand Army. Padme and C3PO are non-military (although actively involved similar to CW 7 Ahsoka) and even Clone Wars Chewbacca gets the GR tag, and he really just helps them out once. (Whether he deserves that tag, I’m not sure, but it’s there.) Ahsoka also didn’t really abandon the whole Galactic Republic, just the Jedi Order and the post in the Grand Army that the Order granted her.

So I think Ahsoka qualifies as a servant of the Galactic Republic enough to have the tag make sense on her. She led the 501st for the Seige of Mandalore, even as a de facto leader and as a civilian.

(Plus, balance reasons. As much as I would love to see an Ahsoka who’s primary use is filling the gaping hole in Beskar Mando’s team, that Ahsoka should have white lightsabers.)
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Now all we need is an unaligned force user Maul ;)

So true! And idk if it’s ever been done but with this, Savage should be added to this AND be removed from Sith tag
  • I’m sorry but “unaligned force user”? This kit and character looks really cool but how in the world is GL Rey an unaligned force user? I really need to hear the reasoning behind giving her that tag. I understand not wanting to give her a Jedi tag for balance purposes but she is a Jedi straight up. That’s kinda what the movie is about. Not much can make me consider quitting but when you start messing with lore and having character tags that don’t make any sense, I lose interest. This isn’t the worst possible thing obviously but please never ever add a “neutral” tag to a Jedi or sith character or a neutral force user. Grey Jedi are canonically impossible and I don’t care how much I’ve invested into this game I will stop playing if that gets implemented. I probably sound dramatic but I’ve had too many conversations with people on the internet arguing about the possibility of someone using the dark side without any consequence to it’s temptations and corruptions. Every character is light side or dark side if they use the force. Thank you for coming to my Ted talk. This is a really cool kit but Rey is a Jedi :)

There are characters outside of the movies and disney stuff that were able to use both sides of the force in harmony, creating balance that didn't overwhelm them, and got the most out of the force.
    Rey is not one of those characters, and they are extremely rare.

On another point, you're right that there's no such thing as a Grey Jedi. If a light side force user isn't a Jedi that does not make them a Grey Jedi, that's stupid. They're a light side force user.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    You spend lots of time watching kids TV shows. Will you do spongebob next?
  • You spend lots of time watching kids TV shows. Will you do spongebob next?
    Facepalm! sorry man, I'm old, and reading these couple of posts makes me want to watch the show again past where I left off a few years ago, and not talking about square pants. :(
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Looks like the ability icons for Shien and Force Leap are the same? I hope that's just an error, because that could be really confusing and frustrating during gameplay.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    @Albatross23 good point.
    Rey: I am all Jedi!
    CG: She doesn't identify as Jedi.