[MEGA] Road Ahead: April 2021

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Lol how are they broken.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • if anything itll make JML even more broken since there no way Kenobi is not having a jedi tag on top of a GR tag.

How would you plan to use them both in the same team though?
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Foxer2373 wrote: »
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    Bad batch have absolutely no tie to Maul what so ever, no way would they be required for Maul IF he was the next GL.

I can understand how that appears but how does Bo-katan tie into GLOW, other than some appearances in the Clone Wars cartoon? Do you think she will be on the squad that GLOW eventually is on?

I think it's more about monetization of a new character..

Yeah everyone always likes to say they base the prerequisites off of pure monetisation by making us gear new characters or characters that the majority of the player base hasn’t geared but those characters always make some sort of sense to the GL’s they are required for. Bo-Katan might not have been Kenobi’s best friend but she certainly ties in to him. The love of his life’s sister, helped him escape mandalore it’s not a huge link but the link is there. Bad batch for Maul don’t have a single tie in, not one. Monetisation of a new character only goes so far there is always a link, no matter how small.

SLKR and Wampa.... and go...

Wampa isn't required for SLKR, so....
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    there no way Kenobi is not having a jedi tag on top of a GR tag.

Like JKL is not having Rebel tag? :) After JKL we can expect absence of any tags, as well as any exclusions for particular toons in the kit (again, JKL and Old Republic).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Bad batch have absolutely no tie to Maul what so ever, no way would they be required for Maul IF he was the next GL.

I can understand how that appears but how does Bo-katan tie into GLOW, other than some appearances in the Clone Wars cartoon? Do you think she will be on the squad that GLOW eventually is on?

I think it's more about monetization of a new character..

How do they tie in, except for that direct tie in......

Also its GL Ken-doll.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    if anything itll make JML even more broken since there no way Kenobi is not having a jedi tag on top of a GR tag.

Can you not just stop posting?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Also its GL Ken-doll.

9Gp.gif
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Starslayer wrote: »
    That makes sense, but Jedi Master Kenobi isn’t a thing either. It’s live-action General Kenobi.

GAS is also from the Clone Wars show and live-action JKA seems a younger version, inexperienced in the mass murder area. Plus he doesn’t have a scar (anymore), so live-action Scarface Tusken Slayer Anakin is on the table.
    I think the Kenobi on the Jedi Council disagrees.

Fun part is that I could be totally wrong. Could be Lord Vader from the Duel from Mustafar but I doubt it. Already have Sith faction as GL.. It's about another Faction's GL..

GK is already on the Jedi council during the Clone Wars show (maybe not a first, my Star Wars Fu is weak). But like Barbie taught us, a different costume is all we need for a different doll. Just like Jedi Council Kenobi is different from Clone General Kenobi, although it could be the same character at the same time period, Anakin could have different ‘themes’ and different dolls.

I totally agree with you on the Faction thing, that what puzzle me the most in the Bad Boy Anakin theory. Empire kinda makes sense, but only kinda. A ‘suit up’ ultimate would be cool though.

Separatist counterpart seems more logical if Kenobi is Galactic Republic, but it doesn’t mean more likely.
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    I’ve got a hunch Maul will be the same cadence as CAT. Although that would mean New Maul likely couldn’t be required for the DS GL, let alone JMK.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader: Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan! I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: Your new Empire?
    Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader: Don't make me kill you.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic, to democracy!
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF wrote: »

GLOW

Nope.

Ehh.. You do you..
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

GLOW

Nope.

Ehh.. You do you..

I always do.
  • Morgoth01
    493 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader: Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan! I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire.

I'm probably wrong (again) and it will be Lord Vader as the next GL, but it just doesn't make sense to me.
    Why should newly made Lord Vader be more GL than the current suited version of Vader?
    If he is empire, who should the pre-reqs be, which makes sense as leading to his fall + are mainly from the faction he is supposed to be leading?

I could see Tarkin, Sidious, Dooku and Tusken from DS, who else would really make sense?
    You could put in Ventress and some seps maybe, but again, there's one Empire toon in there.
    There's also a bunch of LS toons, but nothing there would add to the Empire faction which supposedly Lord Vader should lead.

It makes sense to me that there's not a lot of Empire in Anakins "becoming Lord Vader" story, as Vader and the empire was established at the same time. But to me, it does not make sense then to have Vader from the GK battle of Mustafar as the Empire GL.

I would hope that it's a separatist GL who opposes the Galactic Republic.
    And that a Empire GL Vader is opposed by a GL Rebel.
  • What do y’all think the chance is that they will offer him in a pack to make $$$$?
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »

I'm probably wrong (again) and it will be Lord Vader as the next GL, but it just doesn't make sense to me.
    Why should newly made Lord Vader be more GL than the current suited version of Vader?
    If he is empire, who should the pre-reqs be, which makes sense as leading to his fall + are mainly from the faction he is supposed to be leading?

I could see Tarkin, Sidious, Dooku and Tusken from DS, who else would really make sense?
    You could put in Ventress and some seps maybe, but again, there's one Empire toon in there.
    There's also a bunch of LS toons, but nothing there would add to the Empire faction which supposedly Lord Vader should lead.

It makes sense to me that there's not a lot of Empire in Anakins "becoming Lord Vader" story, as Vader and the empire was established at the same time. But to me, it does not make sense then to have Vader from the GK battle of Mustafar as the Empire GL.

I would hope that it's a separatist GL who opposes the Galactic Republic.
    And that a Empire GL Vader is opposed by a GL Rebel.

But, if you use logic and think about it from a "mirror" standpoint, then there's really only 1 choice for a Kenobi GL based on EP3.
  • Putting myself in someone else’s shoes, if I, along with the rest of my guild, had paid money a year ago to get 30-50 KAM shards a month, then I wouldn’t want someone else to be able to shortcut the process.

I don’t have KAM though lol.
  • Slim to none, they also value the game economy. Did they do it for Hoda or Wampa? I don't remember.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Definitely understandable. I don’t and not even close to having him. Just not enough people try to get him... and the ones that do suffer from the RNG. I think I’m only at 16/80? I feel like the people that did figure out get it for free. While others who want him and if they require him for Kenobi.....would pay to get him.
  • kiar1404
    241 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I think they will bring him to a shop ... maybe Conquest-Shop for a lot of tokens
    I do not think, he will be directly buyable for real money
    /edit: and I do not think it is "If KAM is needed" but "KAM is needed"
  • Slim to none, they also value the game economy. Did they do it for Hoda or Wampa? I don't remember.

They did put them in packs and what not but can’t remember how long after the release of them. Might have been a couple years....
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    I hope he's a requirement and not in packs just to spite people whining about it ahead of time.

And I am at 3/80.
  • Making KAM a requirement wouldn't be so bad, so long as its something basic, like a 5 star KAM (ie, just having him activated).

There is a semi-precedent already. Example, when ships are needed for a GL, they don't have to be 7 stars, they just need to be activated.
  • Making KAM a requirement wouldn't be so bad, so long as its something basic, like a 5 star KAM (ie, just having him activated).

There is a semi-precedent already. Example, when ships are needed for a GL, they don't have to be 7 stars, they just need to be activated.

6 star bomber needed for see. Activates at 4.

5 star finalizer for slkr, activates at 4 also
  • Requirements batch 2 coming today 👀
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Requirements batch 2 coming today 👀

Patience young Padawan
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Patience......... I hate this word......... :#:D