Unaligned Force User speculation

Prev13
TheEvilestOne
84 posts Member
edited May 2021
I’m thinking in addition to the reys and visas,
Fulcrum ahsoka, asajj ventress, we may even get a rebels/solo maul
(Never mind the insights just showed em all)
DarthNoscoper#6969
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Even farmboy luke
    DarthNoscoper#6969
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    Sad Chirrut isn't on the list, I mean he's the definition of an Unaligned Force User. Next only to the Bendu, of course
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Sad Chirrut isn't on the list, I mean he's the definition of an Unaligned Force User. Next only to the Bendu, of course

Depends on what you mean by user. Chirrut is more Force attuned.
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

Hes special is "As the force wills." He uses the force more than Scavenger Rey
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Chirrut's mantra throughout the whole film "The force is with me, I am one with the force"
    there are compelling arguments for Leia

Scavenger Rey falls more into this category than Chirrut
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

He was a receiver, not really a user. He could only sense it, but not actually use it.

Scavenger Rey could do both which is what makes her a user.
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    y1nnaqw9skwl.png
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

He was a receiver, not really a user. He could only sense it, but not actually use it.

Right cause when he used it on the lever he was only receiving it
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    forget it folks, Chirrut isn;t getting the tag. He is too OP and it would break the meta
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Right cause when he used it on the lever he was only receiving it

Do you mean in this scene?
    https://youtu.be/vur2UlU4iXE
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

Yeah,

I don’t see him as a force user any more than Finn
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I think that Chirrut (and maybe Maz Kanata) represent a really interesting section of the universe: Force Believers. They can’t use the force, but they worship and sense it. I don’t like to see Chirrut as a force user because he introduces a new idea for Star Wars. I mean, would it not be cool to have a whole religion of people in the galaxy that worship the Force like the Jedi or Sith but cannot use it?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Unaligned Force User sounds really bad, it should be Neutral Force User.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    I think that Chirrut (and maybe Maz Kanata) represent a really interesting section of the universe: Force Believers. They can’t use the force, but they worship and sense it. I don’t like to see Chirrut as a force user because he introduces a new idea for Star Wars. I mean, would it not be cool to have a whole religion of people in the galaxy that worship the Force like the Jedi or Sith but cannot use it?

That honestly sounds incredibly boring. Knowing of something awesome and not being able to use it?
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

But none of them are neutral. Not being Jedi or Sith doesn't make them neutral. I agree that it sounds really clunky but I can't really think of a better name
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Or just Force User. I think the community would understand that these characters are not Sith or Jedi, but they can use the force. Neutral works too though.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

That honestly sounds incredibly boring. Knowing of something awesome and not being able to use it?

Personally, I think it could set up some really fun conflicts/characters. I think Chirrut was a really interesting character, and he never really did use the Force. What did happen could be considered a “Force Miracle,” which could be big for the Force Believers.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Personally, I think it could set up some really fun conflicts/characters. I think Chirrut was a really interesting character, and he never really did use the Force. What did happen could be considered a “Force Miracle,” which could be big for the Force Believers.

I mean. Chirrut was definitely cool. But put a jedi in his place and that would have been a very different movie.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Maybe they didnt want it to be confused with the neutral tag.

But I also agree that neutral isnt really the "other option" between jedi and sith.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

Nihion gets it.

The point of Rogue One was to show the regular people of the Star Wars universe. They're not special--they're us. They can't move things with their mind and they can't jump 50 feet or shoot lightning, their only power is shooting a gun real good. Chirrut shows us that the force is more than something jedi use to spin around and slice off wampa arms, it's an entire faith system with a wide set of beliefs and practices that people in this universe use on a daily basis.

If he was a force user he wouldn't have had to chant his mantra and pull the lever. He would have just waved his hands and it would have been pulled from the safety of his position with Baze.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

But I also agree that neutral isnt really the "other option" between jedi and sith.

Oh, I like where you are going with the neutral thing.

How about "Light Force User" "Dark Force User"
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

But none of them are neutral. Not being Jedi or Sith doesn't make them neutral. I agree that it sounds really clunky but I can't really think of a better name

Yeah, its very verbose but i can't think of anything else more fitting either
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

that's what LS / DS tags are for, on top of this tag
  • Kyno wrote: »

That brings up a question that’s nagged at me since I read the new tag.
    Why are we getting “Unaligned Force User” as a tag when there is still NO ONE in the Neutral tag? I understand it for people such as SLKR and GL Rey, but Visas Marr? Ventress? Fulcrum? CAT? I would like to hear why we have a neutral tag, if we’re just going to add tags that say the exact same thing with more word salad.
    I’m not trying to be rude here, I’m genuinely curious about CG’s thought process.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

that's what LS / DS tags are for, on top of this tag

LS/DS tags include non-force users. Light Force user is different...like Rebel and Rebel fighter.

Why are we getting “Unaligned Force User” as a tag when there is still NO ONE in the Neutral tag? I understand it for people such as SLKR and GL Rey, but Visas Marr? Ventress? Fulcrum? CAT? I would like to hear why we have a neutral tag, if we’re just going to add tags that say the exact same thing with more word salad.
    I’m not trying to be rude here, I’m genuinely curious about CG’s thought process.

Neutral and Unaligned Force User don't mean the same thing though. Eg. Ventress isn't a Sith but she's still a Dark side user. CAT isn't a Jedi but she's still a Light side user. So why would they be neutral? What are they neutral in the context of? They're not neutral by virtue of simply being neither Jedi nor Sith, because they're still clearly aligned with the dark or light side.

Honestly at this point I'd rather them just never give anyone the Neutral tag and just get rid of it in game. Seems like it would just raise a lot of questions as to who should get it and what exactly it means
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    In the expanded universe pre-Disney, there were lots of unaligned force users. Numerous force using sects existed outside of Sith and Jedi. We still have several to account for in canon such as the Inquisitors, Knights of Ren, Force Priestesses and even most Nightsisters use the force. However "aligned" can mean many things but in this case I take it to mean any non-Jedi or non-Sith that directly wields force powers.

Neutral and Unaligned Force User don't mean the same thing though. Eg. Ventress isn't a Sith but she's still a Dark side user. CAT isn't a Jedi but she's still a Light side user. So why would they be neutral? What are they neutral in the context of? They're not neutral by virtue of simply being neither Jedi nor Sith, because they're still clearly aligned with the dark or light side.

Honestly at this point I'd rather them just never give anyone the Neutral tag and just get rid of it in game. Seems like it would just raise a lot of questions as to who should get it and what exactly it means

I understand what you’re saying. Let me say that. If that was, indeed, CG’s thoughts, then I would like to just rid ourselves of the Neutral tag. Or give it to the Bounty Hunters.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    BH aren’t neutral tho