Why does Rey (GL) have the unaligned force user tag

Prev13
I'm so confused as to the choices of who gets the tag but my big issue is that GL Rey is getting it. She very clearly is a Jedi in the rise of skywalker she even says so and is THE last Jedi at the end of episode 8. Please explain this to me lol

Replies

• She doesn’t have the Jedi tag in game...
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    No, Luke was the last Jedi
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Perhaps on page 328 of the film's novel, this is explained 🤣🤣

She literally calls herself all the jedi in the movie
  • Riffinator wrote: »

he says when confronting kylo "I will not be the last jedi"

I call myself God but that doesn't seem to make people worship me like one.
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    She doesn’t have the Jedi tag in game...

She also calls herself a Skywalker, does that make her one?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

Then you should watch the movie if you want her to be a Jedi.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

I call myself God but that doesn't seem to make people worship me like one.

That is a false equivalency
  • TVF wrote: »

she is a jedi in wookiepedia
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Then you should read wookieepedia.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

i don't get what your argument is
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

He is pointing to the places people claim she is a jedi.

This game is not one of the places.

She call herself Skywalker too, so...

This game is not a good parameter for anything Star Wars related.
    Dont expect fidelity in here.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

TVF doesn't really do that, he just likes to troll.

Ultimately, the answer is game balance. Tags are balance first and lore second. CG's definition of UFU is a force user not tagged Jedi or Sith. Rey meets that criteria, and so gets the UFU tag. It really is that simple.

This is just wrong. If CG needs to balance something, they build it into the kit, like JKL basically pretending the OR Jedi aren’t Jedi at all.

In the dev insights for Rey (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/226079/developer-insights-rey#:~:text=Rey is one of the,name is simply “Rey”.&text=Rey can lead almost any,Poe and Resistance Hero Finn)), this is Rey up until the end of the movie. Just like Luke, she didn’t become a Jedi until she defeated a Sith. Is she eventually a Jedi? Yes. But the game version is a specific point in time where she isn’t. She has the UFU tag because she wasn’t a Jedi, just like older versions of AT aren’t Jedi. Or Visas. Or CLS.

It's not wrong. JKL doesn't have the Rebel tag for balance reasons, to use your own example.

You could argue that Rey is a Jedi for the entire episode 9. CLS was actively training with an actual Jedi Master so he was definitely a Jedi at the time.

If I felt like digging through I could probably find plenty of other examples. Plus I'm fairly positive they've said as much at some point, though I don't feel like digging for that quote.
  • Best in-universe explanation I can think of is that Rey is the first of a new order of Jedi, on that aims not to repeat the mistakes of the previous one. So, in that sense, she may not be a Jedi in the way we think.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    When was she inducted into the jedi order?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Riffinator wrote: »

No, Rey was the last Jedi, according to Luke.... are you kidding?
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »

No, Rey was the last Jedi, according to Luke.... are you kidding?

Yes this was one big elaborate joke just for you, you're welcome
  • The my ended Episode VIII with Jamal telling Kylo that he was wrong about the Jedi Order dying with Luke, and minutes later Rey levitating tons of rocks to save everyone.

Episode IX ended with Rey finally killing the ultimate Sith lord after telling him all the Jedi are within her.

It's kind-of not an argument. Rey demonstrated more Jedi requirements than Anakin. We can call her a non-practicing Jedi but the Jedi Pope claims her?
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    The my ended Episode VIII with Jamal telling Kylo that he was wrong about the Jedi Order dying with Luke, and minutes later Rey levitating tons of rocks to save everyone.

Episode IX ended with Rey finally killing the ultimate Sith lord after telling him all the Jedi are within her.

It's kind-of not an argument. Rey demonstrated more Jedi requirements than Anakin. We can call her a non-practicing Jedi but the Jedi Pope claims her?

And yet she's not a Jedi in game is she? You can bring up all the lore you want shes not going to become a Jedi
  • This is a holotable game where the game pieces are snapshots of characters in moments of time, not whole overarching synopsis of their entire life.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    I mean, you think we'd just stop wondering about tags at this point. CG makes the tags as they want. Why isn't JKL a Rebel? Why IS Lobot one? Why isn't CLS a Jedi, but Ezra is?

Just forget about it at this point.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I mean, you think we'd just stop wondering about tags at this point. CG makes the tags as they want. Why isn't JKL a Rebel? Why IS Lobot one? Why isn't CLS a Jedi, but Ezra is?

I think some ppl, on some level, just want to hear CG come out and say pretty much what you just said.

The rest are just too dense to understand.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

This, tags are used in a way to balance things around.
    On the side note, technically cls isn't a jedi yet, ezra is a padawan so jedi tag isn't that odd, JKL is a rebel but man imagine how OP he would be if his leadership worked with rebels, yikes scary.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    The game should be renamed to "Galaxy of Heroes - inspired by Star Wars" at this point, seeing that the lore is a guideline at best.
  • Dagar
    8 posts Member
    The Dev Insights from her kit reveal in March 2020 state:
    Inspiration:

This Rey primarily represents her journey through Episode IX and still hasn’t fully decided on her path. This isn’t the Rey you see at the end of the movie so she’s not “Rey Skywalker” quite yet and we wanted to keep the emphasis for this character on just being Rey (hence why her in-game name is Rey.)

So I take that as the character we see in game representing the point where is she is torn between following the path of the Jedi and submitting to Palpatine in order to save her friends. It is then later that Ben Solo joins her against the Emperor and she is able to achieve both.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Dagar wrote: »
    The Dev Insights from her kit reveal in March 2020 state:
    Inspiration:

This Rey primarily represents her journey through Episode IX and still hasn’t fully decided on her path. This isn’t the Rey you see at the end of the movie so she’s not “Rey Skywalker” quite yet and we wanted to keep the emphasis for this character on just being Rey (hence why her in-game name is Rey.)

So I take that as the character we see in game representing the point where is she is torn between following the path of the Jedi and submitting to Palpatine in order to save her friends. It is then later that Ben Solo joins her against the Emperor and she is able to achieve both.

And that's why her ultimate is called "Heir to the Jedi" and features the crossed lightsabers stance seen in her fight with Palpatine, right?
    The part you quoted means just that she's not what we see at the very end - she doesn't have her new yellow lightsaber and she didn't pick the Skywalker surname yet. The "all Jedi" aspect is very much present in the version we have.
  • Ripperpa
    298 posts Member
    Not that tag thing again please, get over it please.