Kenobi requirements [MERGE]

Prev13456722
Gurken
59 posts Member
edited May 2021
Locking GL Kenobi behind a TB mission that requires your guild mates to be able to do it is completely unfair and unreasonable. If you're in a guild that you really enjoy but it can't or is barely able to do the Wat mission, this is going to require you to either leave or wait years to get him. For people that Jedi Master Kenobi is their favorite character in Star Wars, this is a real middle finger to them!

Take my guild for example, we've just started being able to the Wat mission and we've only been averaging 8 shards a TB, at that rate it would take us 3 year's to get Wat 7*. Now sure we can expect us to get more shards as we get stronger, but we're casual and are not going to require Geos. I know we have members who have wanted Jedi master Kenobi since the last time CG visited the clone wars era and have already started getting the requirements for him. Now they have to choose, wait years for their favorite character or leave friends for a stronger guild...

What I'm asking is for CG to make him available in a store or an event like the galactic bounties
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Galactic Legends Jedi Master Kenobi
    Jedi Master Kenobi Requirements Group 2:
    Qui Gon Jinn - Relic 3
    IG-100 Magnaguard - Relic 5
    Clone Sergeant - Phase I - Relic 5
    Wat Tambor - Relic 7
    General Grievous - Relic 7

Interesting....
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    These requirements are really bad but still better than Rose Tico.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    th3evo wrote: »

Really?

3/5 good toons
    And
    1 has a fairly decently used ship

This batch is good IMO.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

How are they bad? I think its very player friendly

I wish it wasn't so friendly
  • th3evo wrote: »

Agreed..surprised that QGJ is only r3
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Scared to see the next 5 as these are too easy.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Well I guess no specific thread for the reqs lol....ugh

Anyway, this next batch is very good IMO.

If they had to make one of the GEOTB mission characters needed, I’m glad it’s Wat. He’s much easier to get and far more accessible. Hopefully they don’t shove KAM in there...lol
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Scared to see the next 5 as these are too easy.

Wat is a kicker though. Not many are there for GEOTB but his mission is far easier than KAM. G12 Geo’s with good modding can handle it
  • TheGamingGeek
    75 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I wouldn't say the requirements like Qui Gon and Clone Seargent are particularly good.
    Ultra wrote: »

I wouldn't say the requirements like Qui Gon and Clone Sergeant are particularly friendly. I mean yea relic wise its not a huge sink of relic resources but still getting those characters up to relic is a waste of gear that could be spent on characters that are waaaay better and used more often
  • Wat's inclusion means KAM is certainly possible to show up. And KAM makes sense.
  • I have a strong feeling kam is gonna be in the third set with them adding wat to the mix. Hopefully I’m wrong.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Wat is a must for a lot of players so I am sure he isnt too bad for most who will have the other 14.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Well I guess no specific thread for the reqs lol....ugh

Anyway, this next batch is very good IMO.

If they had to make one of the GEOTB mission characters needed, I’m glad it’s Wat. He’s much easier to get and far more accessible. Hopefully they don’t shove KAM in there...lol

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/245129/jedi-master-kenobi-requirements-group-2#latest
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    I wouldn't say the requirements like Qui Gon and Clone Seargent are particularly good.

I wouldn't say the requirements like Qui Gon and Clone Seargent are particularly friendly. I mean yea relic wise its not a huge sink of relic resources but still getting those characters up to relic is a waste of gear that could be spent on characters that are waaaay better and used more often

Clone sarge is not a good toon but the relic levels are great for his ship. Makes him much tankier.

QGJ, can be used as a cleanup jedi for JML if you want. He’s no longer meta like when zeta’s first came out but R3 isn’t terrible investment as far as relic material is concerned.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Really?

3/5 good toons
    And

This batch is good IMO.

I'm not saying the requirements aren't player friendly or that all the character are bad.
    But 3 out of 9 announced characters are Dark Side which JMK won't use (probably) and I doubt he will have synergy with Mandalorians/Scoundrels. So 4 out 9 requirements are just filler.

I really liked SLKR's requirements because he actually makes use of them.
  • They included WAT, I really doubt they will include another TB character that really a small amount of people have
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Jedi Master Kenobi Requirements Group 2:
    Qui Gon Jinn - Relic 3
    IG-100 Magnaguard - Relic 5
    Clone Sergeant - Phase I - Relic 5
    Wat Tambor - Relic 7
    General Grievous - Relic 7

These are pretty player-friendly imo, but would it kill them to put a link to the first reqs in the post? And/or have them also all in one spot? I am aware the reqs are in-game, but that's not my point.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Wat is a must for a lot of players so I am sure he isnt too bad for most who will have the other 14.

Based on how many Wat shards we got last month, we are about one year away from 7* Wat. That isn't too bad since it probably will take at least that long to get the Bo-Katan Kryze shards. If they include Kam, then it will not be on the horizon at all unless the shards are available through another method. I am guessing that the Bad Batch toons will make getting Kam easier, but it going to take a long time to get those ready.
    Post edited by nottenst on
  • Player friendly if you’re in a good guild..
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Grievous, Wat and Magma are interesting bread crumbs. Maybe we’ll only have 1 GL for the Sep/GR war then.
  • If Wat is needet for JMK .... then maybe we will need KAM for the upcoming DS Legend ...

I have a bad feeling about this :worried:
  • No complaints yet but I’m not touching this with a 10’ pole until the full release happens.
  • This game is definitely made for p2w players... If CG could at least rework Mace, Qui-Gon and other Jedi, so they can be playable in this game! They’re awful, infortunately. Such a shame for these important characters.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    You mean it is made for collectors. Always get everything to 7*s.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    You mean it is made for collectors. Always get everything to 7*s.

This ^

I’m f2p and the only one that is bad for me is wat. But that’s because I’m in a 160m guild that I’ve been in with friends for 4 years
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Wat is a definite slap in the face to smaller guilds. At current production, it would take my 190 mil guild 2 years to achieve that. Granted we will produce more as time goes on, but that’s quite a barrier. Even if we got max rewards starting this month, it would still take 7 months. I really wish they would stop doing things that entice people to leave guilds. Guild friendships are one of the best parts of this game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Really?

3/5 good toons
    And

This batch is good IMO.

I'm not saying the requirements aren't player friendly or that all the character are bad.
    But 3 out of 9 announced characters are Dark Side which JMK won't use (probably) and I doubt he will have synergy with Mandalorians/Scoundrels. So 4 out 9 requirements are just filler.

I really liked SLKR's requirements because he actually makes use of them.

Ok, so you meant "not really bad".

So less than 50% and of those that are DS, they are actually useful toons. So not filler. Filler would be not so useful once geared up, so Qui Gon maybe or Rose, as examples.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Qui-Gon Jinn is needed for the Jedi quests. He is needed to be Gear 12. B)
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Wat is a definite slap in the face to smaller guilds. At current production, it would take my 190 mil guild 2 years to achieve that. Granted we will produce more as time goes on, but that’s quite a barrier. Even if we got max rewards starting this month, it would still take 7 months. I really wish they would stop doing things that entice people to leave guilds. Guild friendships are one of the best parts of this game.

Complaining about Wat? Seriously?
    Jesus, now gearing up Geos to g10/11, put some solid mods on them and spread ability block on all enemies in the mission (AoE chars first) seems to be too much for people to do. One of the best chars in the game and sooo easy to get.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg