Kenobi requirements [MERGE]

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Wat is a definite slap in the face to smaller guilds. At current production, it would take my 190 mil guild 2 years to achieve that. Granted we will produce more as time goes on, but that’s quite a barrier. Even if we got max rewards starting this month, it would still take 7 months. I really wish they would stop doing things that entice people to leave guilds. Guild friendships are one of the best parts of this game.

End game characters shouldn't be "quicker/easier" for players who operate at the max level of events? (Which has nothing to do with p2w, when looking at DS Geo)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    HenriqueAA wrote: »
    This game is definitely made for p2w players... If CG could at least rework Mace, Qui-Gon and other Jedi, so they can be playable in this game! They’re awful, infortunately. Such a shame for these important characters.

How does P2W connect to those characters exactly?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Second set seems pretty reasonable overall. Wat and Magna are a bit of a surprise, but having both reliced is quite useful to anyone's roster. Clone Serg gets you into the LSTB special mission (assuming that Cody is in the next set at R5). R7 GG is almost a gimme. And QGJ was my first zeta :smile: so maybe I'll get some use out of a relic QGJ - who knows.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I was posting in this thread and it disappeared and is now nowhere to be found. What gives? Thought it was being merged but nothing there. Nothing under any of the other folders either.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    It was merged into the Road ahead thread, for whatever reason.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    These requirements are really bad but still better than Rose Tico.

Really?

3/5 good toons
    And
    1 has a fairly decently used ship

This batch is good IMO.
    Ultra wrote: »
    These requirements are really bad but still better than Rose Tico.

How are they bad? I think its very player friendly

I wish it wasn't so friendly

I'm not saying the requirements aren't player friendly or that all the character are bad.
    But 3 out of 9 announced characters are Dark Side which JMK won't use (probably) and I doubt he will have synergy with Mandalorians/Scoundrels. So 4 out 9 requirements are just filler.

I really liked SLKR's requirements because he actually makes use of them.

Ok, so you meant "not really bad".

So less than 50% and of those that are DS, they are actually useful toons. So not filler. Filler would be not so useful once geared up, so Qui Gon maybe or Rose, as examples.

They are filler when it comes to JMK. Just like Rebels are filler for JML or Imperial Troopers/Empire are filler for SEE.
    They don't use them. They have to take characters from other teams which requires gear/relics on top of the requirements.

They are requirements for the sake requirements.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Wow, this batch of requirements is pretty good. That's exactly the extra motivation I need to get Magna to relic and round out my GG team, Wat is useful for JML, GG already at r7, Sarge has a good ship and TB utility, the only stinker here is QGJ.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    There are many guilds with good strong players in them who will leave for stronger guilds to get more Wat shards. This happens in the game now, but making it a Kenobi req will accelerate this dramatically, and over a short period.

Weaker guilds with low Wat income will drop to zero income and get weaker, strong guilds already getting Wat shards will get stronger.
  • Eh. Wat has been available for what, two years now? I don't see the big deal with this one (No, I don't have a 7* Wat and I'm not planning on jumping ship to another guild).
  • You don’t need to be really strong for the Wat mission anyways... nowhere near the KAM mission
  • No bad requeriments at all.
    All useful toons.
    Can't wait for R8 Cody and R7 Kit Fisto next round.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    On one hand, I am relieved that it is Wat and not KAM being required for Master Kenobi. However, there is no way for me to get Wat to 7 stars for another 11 months at my guilds current rate of beating the mission. I'm hoping they put him in the GET2 store to make it easier for players that do not want to abandon the guilds they are in.
  • Compared to when other GL requirements were announced, I'm closer to GL-Kenobi than any other. I don't think the requirements are too ridiculous so far.
  • Mitch08
    300 posts Member
    You can do the Wat mission with sub g12 geos. I would be shocked if this lead to anyone jumping ship who wasn't already planning to.
  • JerrickKharr87
    934 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Wat’s been out a long time and is a fairly easy character to get.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Be glad it isn’t KAM.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Wat misson is easy. Guilds that don't make it will probably have 4 other GLs to focus on anyway.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    if a person that can get wat shards is stuck in a guild that can't

its healthy for him to move up to another guild, tbh
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Then you aren’t from mid to small guilds with low WAT income.

More people are in these guilds. The vast majority of players.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Compared to when other GL requirements were announced, I'm closer to GL-Kenobi than any other. I don't think the requirements are too ridiculous so far.

Keyword: so far. We don't know what the final requirements are yet. That said, getting GG, Wat and Magna to relic is probably a good idea anyway.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I’m not sure that the problem you propose is very large. If a strong player is in a guild with people lower than them (enough that their presence has a large impact on the guild) then they are likely there because they have friends in that guild, and will probably stay. I think the goal of guilds was always to have players at a similar level working together, so I don’t think this should hurt less powerful guilds, especially because those weaker members probably won’t have the other requirements anyway.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Crayons wrote: »

The vast majority of players don't have the GLs that don't require Wat either...
  • Crayons wrote: »

Then find a better guild to join 🤷‍♂️
  • If darkside geotb event character WAT is a requirement, that mean the lightsidegeotb event character KAM can be a requirement too :) Lets wait the third party requirement.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member

Then find a better guild to join 🤷‍♂️

And you just proved my point.

• Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

The vast majority of players don't have the GLs that don't require Wat either...

This is true. I hadn’t considered they also need an R8 which is even less likely than Wat shards in small to mid guilds.

So fair point. I accept that.
  • Guar
    44 posts Member
    What if we think about this through the lens of the encounters Kenobi had throughout the prequels/clone wars series?

Was Kenobi ever directly involved with KAM outside of the council chambers? If not— and some Clone Wars experts might prove me wrong here as I didn’t watch it— then I would be surprised if he’s required.
    Most of the toons required so far are associated with encounters that Obi-Wan was involved in, e.g. Grievous’ death. However, Aayla’s requirement bothers me. Were her and Obi-Wan working together a lot in the clone wars series?

If Grievous is required, then I do think Darth Maul and possibly Cody are going to be in the next batch.
  • Wat is perfectly fine as a req. It makes it to where brand new players can't just easily whale on Kenobi, but that was also the case with JML. I'm actually quite happy he is there because that lessens the chance (IMO) that KAM is required.

I think the next batch of reqs will include several of those GR Jedi no one has leveled or geared and that's where CG will make their cash. I just plopped down relics on Qui Gon to finish off these reqs and I'm super pumped. Done with both of the first two sets of requirements
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Wat is a definite slap in the face to smaller guilds. At current production, it would take my 190 mil guild 2 years to achieve that. Granted we will produce more as time goes on, but that’s quite a barrier. Even if we got max rewards starting this month, it would still take 7 months. I really wish they would stop doing things that entice people to leave guilds. Guild friendships are one of the best parts of this game.

Not to sound harsh but JMK isn’t targeted for small guilds with newer players. These are true end game characters.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    if a person that can get wat shards is stuck in a guild that can't

its healthy for him to move up to another guild, tbh

I disagree. Some guilds are getting small incomes, or close to. 2-3 big guns leaving could set them back to square one, or worse, backwards. It might be healthy for an individual, but not the overall game and player base.

Promotes the individual and not the cooperation.