Kenobi requirements [MERGE]

Replies

• I came here just to say exactly what this thread title states. It’s not good making Wat a requirement, many guilds can achieve GET2 for negotiator but struggle to earn even a handful of Wat shards (if any) during a one month guild event.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    th3evo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    These requirements are really bad but still better than Rose Tico.

Really?

3/5 good toons
    And
    1 has a fairly decently used ship

This batch is good IMO.
    Ultra wrote: »

How are they bad? I think its very player friendly

I wish it wasn't so friendly

I'm not saying the requirements aren't player friendly or that all the character are bad.
    But 3 out of 9 announced characters are Dark Side which JMK won't use (probably) and I doubt he will have synergy with Mandalorians/Scoundrels. So 4 out 9 requirements are just filler.

I really liked SLKR's requirements because he actually makes use of them.

Ok, so you meant "not really bad".

So less than 50% and of those that are DS, they are actually useful toons. So not filler. Filler would be not so useful once geared up, so Qui Gon maybe or Rose, as examples.

They are filler when it comes to JMK. Just like Rebels are filler for JML or Imperial Troopers/Empire are filler for SEE.
    They don't use them. They have to take characters from other teams which requires gear/relics on top of the requirements.

They are requirements for the sake requirements.

Each GL requires 14-15 toons, you can only make a team of 5.... so then they are mostly filler.

But toons being filler doesnt mean the requirements are bad. Unless those toons are not useful, as that is a waste of gear.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Guar wrote: »
    What if we think about this through the lens of the encounters Kenobi had throughout the prequels/clone wars series?

Was Kenobi ever directly involved with KAM outside of the council chambers? If not— and some Clone Wars experts might prove me wrong here as I didn’t watch it— then I would be surprised if he’s required.
    Most of the toons required so far are associated with encounters that Obi-Wan was involved in, e.g. Grievous’ death. However, Aayla’s requirement bothers me. Were her and Obi-Wan working together a lot in the clone wars series?

If Grievous is required, then I do think Darth Maul and possibly Cody are going to be in the next batch.

Yes for KAM (Both battles of Geonosis). For Aayla, I am not sure though.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Compared to when other GL requirements were announced, I'm closer to GL-Kenobi than any other. I don't think the requirements are too ridiculous so far.

Keyword: so far. We don't know what the final requirements are yet. That said, getting GG, Wat and Magna to relic is probably a good idea anyway.

I'm fully aware of that, thanks.
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    Wat does hurt newer players, and players unwilling to leave lower-tier guilds because of friends, but I think he’s a fair requirement balance-wise. JMK seems like a 2nd/3rd GL, and most of those players have likely gotten Wat.

But... did Kenobi ever actually meet Wat Tambor? I know Anakin met him once or twice (while rescuing Echo, then killing him as Vader) but the only instance I can remember is when Kenobi was attempting to spy on the Seperatists on Geonosis in Ep II...
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Crayons wrote: »
    if a person that can get wat shards is stuck in a guild that can't

its healthy for him to move up to another guild, tbh

I disagree. Some guilds are getting small incomes, or close to. 2-3 big guns leaving could set them back to square one, or worse, backwards. It might be healthy for an individual, but not the overall game and player base.

Promotes the individual and not the cooperation.

I don’t see a few players earning Wat shards for a whole guild as cooperation. That seems like a few individuals dragging the rest of the guild along with them. I don’t see this hurting many of those people either because if they don’t have the resources to earn Wat shards themselves, they probably aren’t going for GL Kenobi right when he arrives.
  • Erage
    9 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    RoBane1738 wrote: »
    I came here just to say exactly what this thread title states. It’s not good making Wat a requirement, many guilds can achieve GET2 for negotiator but struggle to earn even a handful of Wat shards (if any) during a one month guild event.

I agree. I do have 2 GLs, but my guild is just now doing DS Geo and our Wat income is very low. I like the people, I like the atmosphere, so I would rather not have to leave a guild just to qualify for a GL. I feel dumb for gearing up the first batch of reqs knowing now that I can't possibly make all the requirements.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I think both sides of the Wat issue have valid points. I pointed out where I was earlier so I will not rehash that position. GL Kenobi so far is probably tied with GL Luke for the least newer-mid game player friendly GL possible since he requires a GET2 ships and a DSGEOTB character. A compromise that could help out those players who aren't earning Wat Shards at a quick rate is fairly simple: Galactic Bounties III. ROLO/Wampa are already in existing Galactic Bounty events so there is a precedent for it. CG could make it harder than the existing two or make it so that BAM makes it easier to reward players that went after BAM. This way players finally have a solid use for BAM or the newer BH at higher gear levels and it does not take away from those who earned it with G11/12 Geos since a higher entry level is required.

With all that being said, I'm pretty sure there will be the inevitable 20 shards of Wat pack for 30 dollars based off previous pack offerings.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Wat does hurt newer players, and players unwilling to leave lower-tier guilds because of friends, but I think he’s a fair requirement balance-wise. JMK seems like a 2nd/3rd GL, and most of those players have likely gotten Wat.

But... did Kenobi ever actually meet Wat Tambor? I know Anakin met him once or twice (while rescuing Echo, then killing him as Vader) but the only instance I can remember is when Kenobi was attempting to spy on the Seperatists on Geonosis in Ep II...

jazgcsloq9we.png
  • rdufield
    115 posts Member
    Way to easy a relic 8 kam is definitely coming next
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Crayons wrote: »
    if a person that can get wat shards is stuck in a guild that can't

its healthy for him to move up to another guild, tbh

I disagree. Some guilds are getting small incomes, or close to. 2-3 big guns leaving could set them back to square one, or worse, backwards. It might be healthy for an individual, but not the overall game and player base.

Promotes the individual and not the cooperation.

Or it promotes cooperation and not individuals, as the players "in the better situation" here are the ones that have worked with a guild to better the whole with a higher WAT income. Building the specific team to the level needed to maximize the benefit for the whole guild.

If a guild is based on the operation of a few to "survive" or operate, that sounds like your guild is living for those individuals and not for the group.
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member

jazgcsloq9we.png

So they did meet... sort of. Good to know.

... anyone else Kenobi managed to look at?
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

Really?

3/5 good toons
    And

This batch is good IMO.

I'm not saying the requirements aren't player friendly or that all the character are bad.
    But 3 out of 9 announced characters are Dark Side which JMK won't use (probably) and I doubt he will have synergy with Mandalorians/Scoundrels. So 4 out 9 requirements are just filler.

So less than 50% and of those that are DS, they are actually useful toons. So not filler. Filler would be not so useful once geared up, so Qui Gon maybe or Rose, as examples.

They are filler when it comes to JMK. Just like Rebels are filler for JML or Imperial Troopers/Empire are filler for SEE.
    They don't use them. They have to take characters from other teams which requires gear/relics on top of the requirements.

Each GL requires 14-15 toons, you can only make a team of 5.... so then they are mostly filler.

But toons being filler doesnt mean the requirements are bad. Unless those toons are not useful, as that is a waste of gear.

All I'm trying to say is that it would be nice if you could build a great team from the requirements. Filler reduces those chances. Also it doesn't have to be the best team ever.
    Rey can do it. Kylo can do it even better. SEE can barely do it. JML can't even form a team since he requires only 3 Jedi. We don't know JMK's kit so it's too soon to judge where will he fit with his requirements.
    If the GL teams you meet in GA/TW don't make use their requirements then those requirements are bad in my opinion.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Really?

3/5 good toons
    And

This batch is good IMO.

All I'm trying to say is that it would be nice if you could build a great team from the requirements. Filler reduces those chances. Also it doesn't have to be the best team ever.
    Rey can do it. Kylo can do it even better. SEE can barely do it. JML can't even form a team since he requires only 3 Jedi. We don't know JMK's kit so it's too soon to judge where will he fit with his requirements.
    If the GL teams you meet in GA/TW don't make use their requirements then those requirements are bad in my opinion.

What I am trying to say is if you have to reach that far to call them bad, maybe they are just good and you want something negative to say about the situation. You have very interesting definition of bad requirements.

Yet all of those characters are doing great at giving us an interesting meta field and have a good place in the game.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

jazgcsloq9we.png

By this logic, Nute Gunray and Poggle should also be requirements, because Kenobi saw them too when he was spying.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

jazgcsloq9we.png

By this logic, Nute Gunray and Poggle should also be requirements, because Kenobi saw them too when he was spying.

Or you could just accept that requirements are based on more than just the movies.

Stop asking why characters that never knew other characters are requirements: We all know it’s because of accessibility to that character. There is no reason to waste space with an argument about how well they knew each other. CG makes requirements that are loosely based on the movies, and they typically put in characters that make the character harder to get.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

Really?

3/5 good toons
    And

This batch is good IMO.

Rut

And on top of that, useless relic characters hurt you a lot in GAC.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    So are we getting a Mace rework ?
    Along with all the old Jedi ?
    Been long overdue and just the right time for reworks since they are needed for requirements!!

Come on CG, JUST rework Mace will do !!

Shatter Point rework
    Expose all enemies for 2 turns. Have a 50% chance to defeat targeted enemy

On raid bosses, deals 10% more damage and stacking till end of encounter
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    ... let’s not make Annihilates based directly on RNG.
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    I like the new requirements. I hope the Wat req means we can put to bed the KAM issue (for this GL, anyway).

Also, two cents (read: my opinion)
    I don't believe all this nonsense about guild hopping for shards. Many in this very thread talk about years-long associations with their guild mates and I don't believe they're leaving for some extra Wat shards (or they would've left already).

If you're worried about high-end contributors leaving, then put your current farms on pause, spend 5 minutes (exaggeration) gearing up your geos, and CONTRIBUTE to your guild!
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    ... and convince all your friends still trying to get SLKR to do the same.
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    ... and convince all your friends still trying to get SLKR to do the same.

I don't disagree that it's a choice to make, but if you can't do g12 geos, then maybe stay in your lane (not you specifically, of course).
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Nothing surprising in this set of requirements.

Wat at 7 star isnt really great but oh well. Done

I took qui gon to gear 12 and am now working him up.

Clone sgt was at 12 due to ship so small trip up for him...

Rest was done already.

Back to whether kam is required or not, but at least i can now farm bo katan
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

jazgcsloq9we.png

He also spied on him in that movie... so looked at and listened to
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Well I guess no specific thread for the reqs lol....ugh

Anyway, this next batch is very good IMO.

If they had to make one of the GEOTB mission characters needed, I’m glad it’s Wat. He’s much easier to get and far more accessible. Hopefully they don’t shove KAM in there...lol

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/245129/jedi-master-kenobi-requirements-group-2#latest

I meant it’s own discussion thread. I created one a minute after they dropped and it got merged in here.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Really?

3/5 good toons
    And

This batch is good IMO.

To be fair, there are quite a few so far that are useless....ahem....MACE WINDOODOO
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Nothing surprising in this set of requirements.

Wat at 7 star isnt really great but oh well. Done

I took qui gon to gear 12 and am now working him up.

Clone sgt was at 12 due to ship so small trip up for him...

Rest was done already.

Back to whether kam is required or not, but at least i can now farm bo katan

Same.
    It is honestly easier to get WAT shards though.

If any guild is struggling, honestly just get your bugs up to G12 with good mods At that point in your roster development, I’m sure they’ll still be a viable defensive TW/GAC team and the gear investment is light by comparison to the KAM mission. That one requires higher relic shak clones, very specific modding and lots of RNG sprinkled in.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Really?

3/5 good toons
    And

This batch is good IMO.

To be fair, there are quite a few so far that are useless....ahem....MACE WINDOODOO

Yeah, no one said there were none, but so far this is not that bad.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Really?

3/5 good toons
    And

This batch is good IMO.

Yeah, no one said there were none, but so far this is not that bad.

It’s not awful but Mace, Ayala, Bo Trashtan and QGJ currently are relatively if not completely useless. Clone sarge is exempt cause of his ship. GG, GK, Magna, Wat and Negotiator are all obviously very good units. So 50/50 split in my opinion.