Kyno wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    These requirements are really bad but still better than Rose Tico.

Really?

3/5 good toons
    And
    1 has a fairly decently used ship

This batch is good IMO.
    Ultra wrote: »

How are they bad? I think its very player friendly

I wish it wasn't so friendly

I'm not saying the requirements aren't player friendly or that all the character are bad.
    But 3 out of 9 announced characters are Dark Side which JMK won't use (probably) and I doubt he will have synergy with Mandalorians/Scoundrels. So 4 out 9 requirements are just filler.

I really liked SLKR's requirements because he actually makes use of them.

Ok, so you meant "not really bad".

So less than 50% and of those that are DS, they are actually useful toons. So not filler. Filler would be not so useful once geared up, so Qui Gon maybe or Rose, as examples.

They are filler when it comes to JMK. Just like Rebels are filler for JML or Imperial Troopers/Empire are filler for SEE.
    They don't use them. They have to take characters from other teams which requires gear/relics on top of the requirements.

They are requirements for the sake requirements.

Each GL requires 14-15 toons, you can only make a team of 5.... so then they are mostly filler.

But toons being filler doesnt mean the requirements are bad. Unless those toons are not useful, as that is a waste of gear.

All I'm trying to say is that it would be nice if you could build a great team from the requirements. Filler reduces those chances. Also it doesn't have to be the best team ever.
    Rey can do it. Kylo can do it even better. SEE can barely do it. JML can't even form a team since he requires only 3 Jedi. We don't know JMK's kit so it's too soon to judge where will he fit with his requirements.
    If the GL teams you meet in GA/TW don't make use their requirements then those requirements are bad in my opinion.

What I am trying to say is if you have to reach that far to call them bad, maybe they are just good and you want something negative to say about the situation. You have very interesting definition of bad requirements.

Yet all of those characters are doing great at giving us an interesting meta field and have a good place in the game.

If the upcoming Dark Side GL required only Light Side characters to unlock would you call such requirements good? As long as they were player friendly and included some good characters? I wouldn't call them good.
    Because for me that would mean they don't require only 15 characters but at the very least 19 and possibly more if you wanted more team options.
    I want the requirements to be relevant to the GL (like SLKR or Rey). I don't think my view is as outlandish as you make it out to be. I hope you at least see where I'm coming from even if you don't agree.
  • Tad annoyed with Wat as I had planned to get Kenobi out the door already got most of the other requirements nailed. I'm 9/100 for wat and the guild rate should suggest I get him in 4 or 5 TBs

So not hideous. That said a couple of Wat tambor packs wouldn't go amiss. Or add him to the get store.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Really?

3/5 good toons
    And

This batch is good IMO.

I'm not saying the requirements aren't player friendly or that all the character are bad.
    But 3 out of 9 announced characters are Dark Side which JMK won't use (probably) and I doubt he will have synergy with Mandalorians/Scoundrels. So 4 out 9 requirements are just filler.

So less than 50% and of those that are DS, they are actually useful toons. So not filler. Filler would be not so useful once geared up, so Qui Gon maybe or Rose, as examples.

They are filler when it comes to JMK. Just like Rebels are filler for JML or Imperial Troopers/Empire are filler for SEE.
    They don't use them. They have to take characters from other teams which requires gear/relics on top of the requirements.

Each GL requires 14-15 toons, you can only make a team of 5.... so then they are mostly filler.

But toons being filler doesnt mean the requirements are bad. Unless those toons are not useful, as that is a waste of gear.

To be fair, there are quite a few so far that are useless....ahem....MACE WINDOODOO

Yeah, no one said there were none, but so far this is not that bad.

It’s not awful but Mace, Ayala, Bo Trashtan and QGJ currently are relatively if not completely useless. Clone sarge is exempt cause of his ship. GG, GK, Magna, Wat and Negotiator are all obviously very good units. So 50/50 split in my opinion.

I was surprised with how useful Aayla was in LSTB. Those stuns and assists can come in very handy.
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member

Really?

3/5 good toons
    And

This batch is good IMO.

To be fair, there are quite a few so far that are useless....ahem....MACE WINDOODOO

It’s not awful but Mace, Ayala, Bo Trashtan and QGJ currently are relatively if not completely useless. Clone sarge is exempt cause of his ship. GG, GK, Magna, Wat and Negotiator are all obviously very good units. So 50/50 split in my opinion.

I wouldn't call Aayla useless. Not god tier by any means but not in the same league as Kit and Lumi, and maybe JMK can improve her utility. Relics on CS will improve the ship you want to ignore, and he's also a req for the GK P2 mission in LSTB. I've been putting off him and Cody, so the JMK reqs are the kick up the bum I needed to get them done.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    "Bo Trashtan" is really dumb.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Devian
    669 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I just really want r8 GAS and r8 Padme in requirements D=
    and Goblin, yes (GMY)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Really?

3/5 good toons
    And

This batch is good IMO.

All I'm trying to say is that it would be nice if you could build a great team from the requirements. Filler reduces those chances. Also it doesn't have to be the best team ever.
    Rey can do it. Kylo can do it even better. SEE can barely do it. JML can't even form a team since he requires only 3 Jedi. We don't know JMK's kit so it's too soon to judge where will he fit with his requirements.
    If the GL teams you meet in GA/TW don't make use their requirements then those requirements are bad in my opinion.

What I am trying to say is if you have to reach that far to call them bad, maybe they are just good and you want something negative to say about the situation. You have very interesting definition of bad requirements.

Yet all of those characters are doing great at giving us an interesting meta field and have a good place in the game.

If the upcoming Dark Side GL required only Light Side characters to unlock would you call such requirements good? As long as they were player friendly and included some good characters? I wouldn't call them good.
    Because for me that would mean they don't require only 15 characters but at the very least 19 and possibly more if you wanted more team options.
    I want the requirements to be relevant to the GL (like SLKR or Rey). I don't think my view is as outlandish as you make it out to be. I hope you at least see where I'm coming from even if you don't agree.

If the requirements are player friendly and include mostly good characters (we are past the point of some in the current ratio), and you dont consider them good, then there is a disconnect here with what is good for the player base when it comes to requirements.

What you are saying, again, is this weird vaccum situation. The best teams for JML, SEE, and Rey use very good characters that a player should have or want to build up anyway. They are useful in those teams and elsewhere in the game. Again investing into something that is useful in more than one way is a good thing for the players.

Yes your view is going out of the way to find a bad thing about a pretty good, or at least above OK situation. I am not setting the bar very high here, but it is no where near bad.

I will say that SLKR was a really good situation,because he did more with his requirements, but also his faction was by far the worst before he came along, unlike the others that have been introduced.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

Really?

3/5 good toons
    And

This batch is good IMO.

If the requirements are player friendly and include mostly good characters (we are past the point of some in the current ratio), and you dont consider them good, then there is a disconnect here with what is good for the player base when it comes to requirements.

What you are saying, again, is this weird vaccum situation. The best teams for JML, SEE, and Rey use very good characters that a player should have or want to build up anyway. They are useful in those teams and elsewhere in the game. Again investing into something that is useful in more than one way is a good thing for the players.

Yes your view is going out of the way to find a bad thing about a pretty good, or at least above OK situation. I am not setting the bar very high here, but it is no where near bad.

I will say that SLKR was a really good situation,because he did more with his requirements, but also his faction was by far the worst before he came along, unlike the others that have been introduced.

I suppose we can agree to disagree.

• Devian
    669 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    They are filler when it comes to JMK. Just like Rebels are filler for JML .
    JML has best requirements, IMO

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Really?

3/5 good toons
    And

This batch is good IMO.

I suppose we can agree to disagree.

It would be nice, but that doesnt make them bad if they are not.

But sure we can agree to disagree.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    wilhud wrote: »
    Hope you all reconsider the horrible choice of making R8 GK required for jedi master kenobi. Or that r8 becomes available outside of crancor. Players should not be handcuffed/penalized just because they are not in an overpowered guild.

Define overpowered. There are guilds with 250m and less clearing it.

Relic 8 stuff is in Conquest boxes too.

If there were a measure for leanness, and leanness x GP, then nobody would discuss comparing GP.

There are only 100 to 200 characters. I am really surprised that none of the Discord bot creators have created a character and squad quality value that feeds into an overall roster value.

For character value such an algorithm would consider:
    - are all characters of a highly relevant squad present at 7*?
    -- yes then are the relevant zetas there, gear level, stats from mods (300/speed x .7 ) + (CC x. 2 ) + ( CD * .1) for attackers, something similar for defenders. Feed this into a squad value by summing up the relevant squad members.

-- no then count it but consider an alternative squad based off of SWGOH.gg most common team used.

Add all squad sums to = roster value.

The value doesn't have to be terribly internally true since it would be comparing apple's to apple's in the sense that all rosters have the same limits on characters, mods, gear, and level. The value would be reasonably comparable.
  • LordDirt
    4984 posts Member
    Zanir wrote: »
    I am baffled that Wat being a requirement has people in such a stir, but R8 GK was seemingly forgotten.

Wat shards require G12 geos with decent mods, the mission itself is not too difficult if you follow the rule of spreading ability block. You can build a Wat-ready geo squad well below 1mln gp.

R8 requires either Crancor (R5 toons and a top-end guild) or high rewards in hard conquest, which has a threshold GP requirement to even access and then you need a decent roster to get to the crates that award aeromagnifiers.

In terms of difficulty in requirements, R8>>>>>>>>>>Wat. And we still don't know whether KAM is in the 3rd batch, and KAM shards are way, way more difficult to obtain than Wat shards.

EDIT: not to mention that replacing Jolee's yellow energy node with BKK is a trash move from CG that blocks new players from going for JKR early. Garbage, trash, filthy, stinking move, which I am absolutely sure was motivated by making JKR tougher to get for new players, considering that Poggle still has a hard node which no one ever farms.

You can buy R8 packs, you cant buy Wat shards.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TargetEadu
    1538 posts Member
    (One of those Poggle nodes has the IG-2000... so people do farm Poggle on hard nodes, often even! But point taken.)
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I am baffled that Wat being a requirement has people in such a stir, but R8 GK was seemingly forgotten.

Wat shards require G12 geos with decent mods, the mission itself is not too difficult if you follow the rule of spreading ability block. You can build a Wat-ready geo squad well below 1mln gp.

R8 requires either Crancor (R5 toons and a top-end guild) or high rewards in hard conquest, which has a threshold GP requirement to even access and then you need a decent roster to get to the crates that award aeromagnifiers.

In terms of difficulty in requirements, R8>>>>>>>>>>Wat. And we still don't know whether KAM is in the 3rd batch, and KAM shards are way, way more difficult to obtain than Wat shards.

EDIT: not to mention that replacing Jolee's yellow energy node with BKK is a trash move from CG that blocks new players from going for JKR early. Garbage, trash, filthy, stinking move, which I am absolutely sure was motivated by making JKR tougher to get for new players, considering that Poggle still has a hard node which no one ever farms.

You can also get 1 R8 character every 2 months assuming you can beat Hard Conquest. You can't farm Wat in 2 months.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Most people that complain can't/won't do either though.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Really?

3/5 good toons
    And

This batch is good IMO.

I wouldn't call Aayla useless. Not god tier by any means but not in the same league as Kit and Lumi, and maybe JMK can improve her utility. Relics on CS will improve the ship you want to ignore, and he's also a req for the GK P2 mission in LSTB. I've been putting off him and Cody, so the JMK reqs are the kick up the bum I needed to get them done.

I’m not ignoring his ship. I said his ship makes him exempt from being useless as it’s very important for Negotiator fleets and for LSGeo CM strategy’s.

As for Aayla....her stuns and assists are nice but....ugh. Her damage output is so shotty. She has the potential to be very decent but even at relic level she’s just not getting it done. I really wish they would just do a faction pass work over on the GR Jedi honestly to bring them to B level usage, yah know? Nothing crazy, but useable on their own.

Really?

3/5 good toons
    And

This batch is good IMO.

I was surprised with how useful Aayla was in LSTB. Those stuns and assists can come in very handy.

See above. I mean I guess move her from relatively useless to the next stage up but there’s other jedi that can work better that her even in a JML squad if you take away the pure staples like Hyoda, JKL GAS and JKR.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I’m not ignoring his ship. I said his ship makes him exempt from being useless as it’s very important for Negotiator fleets and for LSGeo CM strategy’s.

Neg fleets: no it's not important, not at all

LS Geo: also not important, except for those that have to platoon their Y
  • LordDirt wrote: »

Ding! Ding! Ding! Give this man a gold star!
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member

I know it's a shocker to some people, but maybe they just don't want everyone and their brother to get JMK? The requirements thus far are suuuuper easy for any veteran player. Adding in Wat is basically saying that anyone playing for less than 18 months should focus on something else.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Entirely subjective and based on your own personal strategy/roster. However just because YOU don’t use him, doesn’t mean it’s still not an important ship.
  • StarSon wrote: »

I know it's a shocker to some people, but maybe they just don't want everyone and their brother to get JMK? The requirements thus far are suuuuper easy for any veteran player. Adding in Wat is basically saying that anyone playing for less than 18 months should focus on something else.

Riiiiight. 4.8 mil GP, R8 SLKR, been playing since 2016. So ummmmmm. Come again?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Entirely subjective and based on your own personal strategy/roster. However just because YOU don’t use him, doesn’t mean it’s still not an important ship.

If you don't have Y, or are one of the 6-10 people that have to platoon it out of 50 people in the guild, sure. And that still ignores if it even needs a relic pilot.

It's useful. It's only situationally "very important" and that has nothing to do with my own roster.

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

If you don't have Y, or are one of the 6-10 people that have to platoon it out of 50 people in the guild, sure. And that still ignores if it even needs a relic pilot.

It's useful. It's only situationally "very important" and that has nothing to do with my own roster.

You just like to argue over anything don’t you lol. CS’s ship is a great perma taunting tank to use that has his own protection recovery and gains more survivability when relic. So having to relic him makes his ship more useful to players when they put him in negeotiator squads or really any squad as a reinforcement that needs a secondary tank to be a bullet sponge.

TLDR: It’s a very useful ship in various ways which makes having to relic Clone Sarge less of a chore.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Riiiiight. 4.8 mil GP, R8 SLKR, been playing since 2016. So ummmmmm. Come again?

Mind if I take a look at your roster on SWGOH.gg?
    If it’s early 2016 that seems a bit light. Did you take a break for a bit?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

You just like to argue over anything don’t you

Nope.
  • If you don't have Wat, you should have higher priorities than GL Kenobi.
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    alternativly you could work together as a guild, to make people able to complete the wat mission. getting 90k geos shouldnt be too hard.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Wat is a very easy mission. G12 is a layup, and even lower gear can manage it with good mods/strat.

If your guild can only get 8 per TB, your choice is to find a stronger guild or live without the newest GL.