Kenobi requirements [MERGE]

Replies

• Gurken wrote: »
    Take my guild for example, we've just started being able to the Wat mission and we've only been averaging 8 shards a TB, at that rate it would take us 3 year's to get Wat 7*. Now sure we can expect us to get more shards as we get stronger, but we're casual and are not going to require Geos.......... Now they have to choose, wait years for their favorite character or leave friends for a stronger guild...

....or you could choose to focus on your Geos. The game is about choices. If you're going to be casual, dont expect to get the new shiny toy as soon as it is available
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    You’re not going to get far in this game without being in a strong guild. This is well established.
    Plus, it’s more effective to have each guild leader encourage up to 49 people to improve and engage with the game than for CG to try the same with everyone individually. Again, this is a well established model in gaming.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    As others have pointed out; the problem isn't the requirement. It's just where you and your guild are in the game currently.

Geos are a solid investment in any case.
  • This is no different than Wampa, ROLO, or Hoda being needed for JML. The game is all about time. You can spend money to shorten the time it takes to accomplish goals, or you can change your play experience to reach your goals, but there's nothing instant here.

And if your guild mates really want JMK, then they should farm and gear Geos for the Wat mission. If only 8 of you want JMK, then there are other choices to be made. I know of a 145M guild currently getting 23 Wat shards. They don't mandate geos either; that's just the decision their players made because they knew Wat was a good toon and Geos are a great starting fleet. There are plenty of good guilds that aren't going to hinder your progress.
  • You could always try mercing the TB's. There's usually a few guilds out there that will take on an extra player or two to help them earn Wat shards. I know my guild is always willing to bring on an undergeared player if they have the geos to do the Wat mission. It's a win-win, if we have space, then an extra Wat shard from a merc is more than welcome.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    I would gladly switch Wat for KAM if this means that Wat will be needed for the DS GL instead.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    I'm happy that it's Wat and not Kam (supposing he won't be in the last batch)

I'm not ready for it yet (I'm at 60/65) but I'll get there. Getting to a 7* KAM will take my guild at least 2 or 3 more years
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    The “find a stronger guild” argument is dumb.

Sure. Just abandon your guild mates. Consolidate all the power upwards. That always works out fair and balanced for other players.

This kind of stunt will ruin small to mid end guilds. Guilds doing well, but will lose players chasing WAT. Power moves upwards. Mid to small guilds get massive power dilution. Any progress guilds make together can be reversed overnight.
  • If you don't have Wat, you should have higher priorities than GL Kenobi.

This
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Crayons wrote: »
    This kind of stunt will ruin small to mid end guilds.

Ah yes, just like every other new thing (Sith raid, Geo TB, Crancor, etc) ruined small to mid end guilds.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    If you don't have Wat, you should have higher priorities than GL Kenobi.

This

You guys didn’t read the OP. He’s not talking about personally losing out on WAT. He’s taking about guild progress being stunted by those choosing to leave for more WAT. Even if you’re guild is well on the progress chart to get him.

He’s talking about players leaving guilds and upsetting the balance of mid to small guilds. Players who would not have chosen to leave said guilds if this was not made a requirement.
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member

This

You guys didn’t read the OP. He’s not talking about personally losing out on WAT. He’s taking about guild progress being stunted by those choosing to leave for more WAT. Even if you’re guild is well on the progress chart to get him.

He’s talking about players leaving guilds and upsetting the balance of mid to small guilds. Players who would not have chosen to leave said guilds if this was not made a requirement.

then you should make the same argument about r8 kenobi, you need 4M GP and complete conuqest hard mode or a guild that can complete the crancor
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    People leave guilds behind for new content all the time. No one is forcing you to leave. The game is all about the choices we make. Make a choice and live with it. Stop asking CG to give you freebies.
  • Gurken
    59 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    We're not weak but we're surely not the strongest, we're about 160mil. We do actively request people to get the Geos for the mission because they a solid defense team and wat is amazing. We've been doing it since we started being able to do the DS Geo, in the past 4 months we went from 2 ready Geos teams to around 16 (just based on min requirements). My point here is that yes this game is about choices, and people can choose to work on other teams to make themselves stronger, so why lock your ability to get a character behind other people's choices.
  • Gurken
    59 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Ah yes, just like every other new thing (Sith raid, Geo TB, Crancor, etc) ruined small to mid end guilds.

Actually we have had members leave because of crancor and wanting r8 mats

• StarSon
    7410 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Zanir wrote: »
    I am baffled that Wat being a requirement has people in such a stir, but R8 GK was seemingly forgotten.

Wat shards require G12 geos with decent mods, the mission itself is not too difficult if you follow the rule of spreading ability block. You can build a Wat-ready geo squad well below 1mln gp.

R8 requires either Crancor (R5 toons and a top-end guild) or high rewards in hard conquest, which has a threshold GP requirement to even access and then you need a decent roster to get to the crates that award aeromagnifiers.

In terms of difficulty in requirements, R8>>>>>>>>>>Wat. And we still don't know whether KAM is in the 3rd batch, and KAM shards are way, way more difficult to obtain than Wat shards.

EDIT: not to mention that replacing Jolee's yellow energy node with BKK is a trash move from CG that blocks new players from going for JKR early. Garbage, trash, filthy, stinking move, which I am absolutely sure was motivated by making JKR tougher to get for new players, considering that Poggle still has a hard node which no one ever farms.

You can buy R8 packs, you cant buy Wat shards.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Give this man a gold star!

I know it's a shocker to some people, but maybe they just don't want everyone and their brother to get JMK? The requirements thus far are suuuuper easy for any veteran player. Adding in Wat is basically saying that anyone playing for less than 18 months should focus on something else.

Riiiiight. 4.8 mil GP, R8 SLKR, been playing since 2016. So ummmmmm. Come again?

Yeah, what Ravens said. How do you not have Negotiator and 7* Wat at this point? And the other characters are all newer, and as such are easier gears. And having played that long you have had more than enough time to 7* all the others.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Gurken wrote: »
    We're not weak but we're surely not the strongest. We do actively request people to get the Geos for the mission because they a solid defense team and wat is amazing. We've been doing it since we started being able to do the DS Geo, in the past 4 months we went from 2 ready Geos teams to around 16 (just based on min requirements). My point here is that yes this game is about choices, and people can choose to work on other teams to make themselves stronger, so why lock your ability to get a character behind other people's choices.

Because it's the newest meta toon. Not everyone should be able to get it immediately, or even soon. Work on it as a guild, or leave. This is how it works.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I am baffled that Wat being a requirement has people in such a stir, but R8 GK was seemingly forgotten.

Wat shards require G12 geos with decent mods, the mission itself is not too difficult if you follow the rule of spreading ability block. You can build a Wat-ready geo squad well below 1mln gp.

R8 requires either Crancor (R5 toons and a top-end guild) or high rewards in hard conquest, which has a threshold GP requirement to even access and then you need a decent roster to get to the crates that award aeromagnifiers.

In terms of difficulty in requirements, R8>>>>>>>>>>Wat. And we still don't know whether KAM is in the 3rd batch, and KAM shards are way, way more difficult to obtain than Wat shards.

EDIT: not to mention that replacing Jolee's yellow energy node with BKK is a trash move from CG that blocks new players from going for JKR early. Garbage, trash, filthy, stinking move, which I am absolutely sure was motivated by making JKR tougher to get for new players, considering that Poggle still has a hard node which no one ever farms.

I know it's a shocker to some people, but maybe they just don't want everyone and their brother to get JMK? The requirements thus far are suuuuper easy for any veteran player. Adding in Wat is basically saying that anyone playing for less than 18 months should focus on something else.

Riiiiight. 4.8 mil GP, R8 SLKR, been playing since 2016. So ummmmmm. Come again?

Yeah, what Ravens said. How do you not have Negotiator and 7* Wat at this point? And the other characters are all newer, and as such are easier gears. And having played that long you have had more than enough time to 7* all the others.

They're in a 130m guild.

You can be a big fish in a small pond if you like but you also get to pay the price for it.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    *140m guild
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

I could see wat being an issue if he’s in a more casual guild as there’s not much he can do about it except leave, which is always a crummy thing to make players do if they’re being forced to decide on getting a new toon or staying with friends and longtime guildmates
  • Gurken
    59 posts Member
    People leave guilds behind for new content all the time. No one is forcing you to leave. The game is all about the choices we make. Make a choice and live with it. Stop asking CG to give you freebies.

I'm certainly not asking for freebies. Tho I certainly wouldn't say no to a free 7* Wat. I'm just asking for Wat to be put in the event store or something
    For all I care make him only 5 shards and worth double get2, or make it so you can only buy his shards after he's unlocked, or make a new bounty that requires reliced bounty hunter's. Just something to help supplement farming him other than requiring a stronger guild.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Gurken wrote: »

I'm certainly not asking for freebies. Tho I certainly wouldn't say no to a free 7* Wat. I'm just asking for Wat to be put in the event store or something

That's a freebie. Wat mission isn't hard. Have your guild git gud, git a new gudder guild, or accept that if you choose to be casual you won't get competitive rewards.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

I could see wat being an issue if he’s in a more casual guild as there’s not much he can do about it except leave, which is always a crummy thing to make players do if they’re being forced to decide on getting a new toon or staying with friends and longtime guildmates

It has worked this way for a very long time. HSTR, LS Geo, Crancor......it is what it is.
  • DS Geo came out end of June 2019. It has been almost two years. And it ran twice a month for the first 6 months.

If you don't have Wat, then GL Kenobi should not be a priority IMO. That is only harsh for newer players IMO, if you've been around a couple years and want to be competitive, Wat is crucial.
  • Gurken wrote: »
    Locking GL Kenobi behind a TB mission that requires your guild mates to be able to do it is completely unfair and unreasonable. If you're in a guild that you really enjoy but it can't or is barely able to do the Wat mission, this is going to require you to either leave or wait years to get him. For people that Jedi Master Kenobi is their favorite character in Star Wars, this is a real middle finger to them!

Take my guild for example, we've just started being able to the Wat mission and we've only been averaging 8 shards a TB, at that rate it would take us 3 year's to get Wat 7*. Now sure we can expect us to get more shards as we get stronger, but we're casual and are not going to require Geos. I know we have members who have wanted Jedi master Kenobi since the last time CG visited the clone wars era and have already started getting the requirements for him. Now they have to choose, wait years for their favorite character or leave friends for a stronger guild...

What I'm asking is for CG to make him available in a store or an event like the galactic bounties

ROLO was required for Jedi Knight Luke, which was required for Jedi Master Luke GL. This is not the first case of this. Honestly, people need to stop with these complaints. Get Wat if you want GLK. End of discussion.

As for the last part of your comment, I think when the Next TB comes out, whenever that is, we will get him in the GET 3 shipments. They did that with ROLO and IPD. So maybe in a year or 2 this will happen. I’m guessing once people start getting 33*s on LSGTB we will get an announcement about a new TB. Hopefully Crait.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Oh man I hope we get Crait just for the....

....salt.

200.gif
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

It has worked this way for a very long time. HSTR, LS Geo, Crancor......it is what it is.

Doesn’t mean it still isn’t messed up. They really need to stop breaking up guilds like that. Kind of goes against the whole unity of the game thing they wanna push. But the silver lining is wat is easier to get than KAM by far.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member

This

Put the requirements for GL Kenobi to one side for now. In theory, people would have been leaving to get Wat anyway - he's an excellent plug and play character that is sometimes part of the current squad arena meta.

However, I'd imagine anyone looking to get GL Kenobi anytime soon probably already has Wat at 7* (and has for quite a while) already and quite possibly at relics. Not sure this is a big deal really.
  • Gurken
    59 posts Member
    ROLO was required for Jedi Knight Luke, which was required for Jedi Master Luke GL. This is not the first case of this. Honestly, people need to stop with these complaints. Get Wat if you want GLK. End of discussion.

Rolo is a far far far easier to get, that's really not an argument. It would only be "hard" to get her if you somehow didn't have already and your guild was only doing LS Geo at which point it guess what, it's on you to get her from the store. It's not based on your guilds ability to do a mission, which has been part of my point with Wat. Really my point being here isn't that Wat himself is locked behind guild ability/having a certain team, it's that jmk is locked behind Wat. No other character (except Kam but that's not the point) requires that your guild has a team for you to unlock them. For you to get jml, it doesn't require you guild to all have the a 5* Hoth rebel soldier