Kenobi requirements [MERGE]

Replies

• Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm going to laugh so hard when KAM is announced as a prereq. If they already confirmed Wat, what exactly is to stop them from requiring Kam? Both are farmed /obtained the same way; if Wat is possible, what's stopping them from requiring KAM?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I'm not quite done with KAM myself but the more people make this thread the more I want to see him required.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    I ... agree?
    This feels weird
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Magruffin wrote: »
    I'm going to laugh so hard when KAM is announced as a prereq. If they already confirmed Wat, what exactly is to stop them from requiring Kam? Both are farmed /obtained the same way; if Wat is possible, what's stopping them from not requiring KAM?

They do have to leave KAM for the DS GL in a few months, assuming that it’s going to be the same era?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    khdelboy wrote: »
    I'm going to laugh so hard when KAM is announced as a prereq. If they already confirmed Wat, what exactly is to stop them from requiring Kam? Both are farmed /obtained the same way; if Wat is possible, what's stopping them from not requiring KAM?

They do have to leave KAM for the DS GL in a few months, assuming that it’s going to be the same era?

Not sure about "have to" but yeah I'm starting to think KAM will be for the next DS one.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    Both are farmed /obtained the same way; if Wat is possible, what's stopping them from not requiring KAM?
    [/quote]

Nothing is stopping them - but that's not the topic of this thread. And if the intention is to make GL Kenobi highly exclusive for a while then don't bet against it.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member

If they require both Wat and KAM for Kenobi, it would be a little difficult for them to make the DS requirements even remotely comparable.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    TVF wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »

Not sure about "have to" but yeah I'm starting to think KAM will be for the next DS one.

“Have to” in a sense as they are running out of gated toons to use as requirements... but then the previous GLs aren’t balanced like that so let’s see.
  • Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    You're all assuming a DS gl is coming, but I've not seen anything that even hints to this.
    They keep pushing them out it'll flood the market in a sense, I would not be surprised if GLO is the only GL well see this year (which also would give them more time to add more toons for the next prereq, probably similar to jkl was released shortly before jml)
  • Just sell Wat and KAM shards in the store. Let people decide if they want to buy or not.
  • Gurken
    59 posts Member
    You're all assuming a DS gl is coming, but I've not seen anything that even hints to this.
    They keep pushing them out it'll flood the market in a sense, I would not be surprised if GLO is the only GL well see this year (which also would give them more time to add more toons for the next prepreq, probably similar to jkl was )

They said in the road ahead there'd be a DS paired with Kenobi but true not when
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    They keep pushing them out it'll flood the market in a sense, I would not be surprised if GLO is the only GL well see this year (which also would give them more time to add more toons for the next prepreq, probably similar to jkl was )

From the road ahead post:

“ The Bad Batch and Commander Ahsoka are the beginning stages of Galaxy of Heroes revisiting the Clone Wars, and will lead to a new round of Galactic Legends from the same era.”
  • If getting Wat to 7 stars is an issue, there are some other problems you should address first. Such as getting a Geo team up and running and getting into a guild that has enough members to also clear that combat mission.
  • Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    Gurken wrote: »

They said in the road ahead there'd be a DS paired with Kenobi but true not when

If that's there I'll fully admit I missed it
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    I’d put Clone Sarge at the same mid-use level as someone like Aayla. Not a priority relic outside of the GL requirement by any means, but you can find a good enough use for them once you have the relic.

High-use: GK, Negotiator, GG, Magna, Wat

Mid-use: Sarge, Aayla

Low-use: Mace, Bo-Katan, QGJ
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    I’d put Clone Sarge at the same mid-use level as someone like Aayla. Not a priority relic outside of the GL requirement by any means, but you can find a good enough use for them once you have the relic.

You forgot to put mace and bo in the “trash can” tier of use.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Actually, I was informed that Bo actually works great as a 5th for BB in LSTB. So she might actually be mid-use.
  • Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    Would it blow your minds/be that far out of the realm of possibility if it were two LS GLs?
    Another thread has already illustrated LS toons out number DS; so theres definitely more pre-req possibilities for another LS GL
    (Just playing devil's advocate here, Cg is typically pretty predictable and I wouldn't be surprised if it were a DS, but I'm just curious what the reaction would be if it were another LS)
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Just sell Wat and KAM shards in the store. Let people decide if they want to buy or not.

Just continue to offer Wat and KAM shards in TB. Let people decide if they want to improve their guild or not.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Actually, I was informed that Bo actually works great as a 5th for BB in LSTB. So she might actually be mid-use.

But then Ravens can't use their "clever" name for her anymore.
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member

That’s pretty much what low-use is, for now... Mid-use is “I wouldn’t have reliced this character for a long time if not as a GL req, but now that I have I can use them well for X”. Low-use is “I wouldn’t have reliced this character at all if not as a GL req, but now that I have I can use them as a reliced punching bag”.

Sometimes even a reliced punching bag can be useful.
  • This is not a complaint about the Wat Tambor gate.

But it’d be great if there were some Wat Tambor packs for sale. I’m definitely a whale/light Kraken as of late and I’d pay a substantial sum to get a 7-Star Wat. I have all or close to all of the other reqs finished.

Thanks!
  • Clanomadd
    122 posts Member
    Guar wrote: »
    What if we think about this through the lens of the encounters Kenobi had throughout the prequels/clone wars series?

Was Kenobi ever directly involved with KAM outside of the council chambers? If not— and some Clone Wars experts might prove me wrong here as I didn’t watch it— then I would be surprised if he’s required.
    Most of the toons required so far are associated with encounters that Obi-Wan was involved in, e.g. Grievous’ death. However, Aayla’s requirement bothers me. Were her and Obi-Wan working together a lot in the clone wars series?

If Grievous is required, then I do think Darth Maul and possibly Cody are going to be in the next batch.

While I somewhat agree, I fail to recall any encounters between Rey and Rose in the movies, yet here we are with our relic Roses. At least she is good for feeding the Rancor.
  • Lordul
    31 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    alot of ppl will whale but they will not do that...its a shame 70% of ppl cant have this GL because of wat..wat and KAM shouldn`t be on requirements or if they really want it to be on 4 or 5 stars..VERY DISAPPOINTED
  • agreed. put the packs up for sale.
  • Lordul
    31 posts Member
    If you don't have Wat, you should have higher priorities than GL Kenobi.

This[/quothis is your opinion and dont have frustration because u have it or u are so much behind..but when u can meet everithing else except that and no way to have his shards is f....s...t..i have 2 GL and i dont want the other 2 to go after i want to go after kenobi and i cant...because of this ....
    6* negotiator who any decent player have and R7 wat...u see the diference ??!!
  • Lordul
    31 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    if this will stay as it is normaly next DS GL should have KAM on R7..i want to see how much money GC will make of it when actualy on some guilds member can aford it to have him on 7* and everibody else just to look on streamers and not enjoy have it and play with it
  • If I had to guess, I'm sure he'll become available somewhere else shortly so those that want to can whale on him.

Though I don't think the comparison to having KAM required is accurate. The wat mission has been beatable by many mid grade guilds for quite some time now so it isn't that unreasonable of a requirement.

I think that there will still be plenty of people getting him.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Looks like CG is looking out for long time players/ftp again. I thought all they cared about was money
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Seriously this is a trap0bnu4ty9o88i.gif
    Out of all GL's kenobi seems to be the easiest to get, extremely free to play and have the most useful characters so far, are we about to be hit with 4 Ultra horrible jedi council members? Is all of the bad batch gonna be required? Or is it really easy to get because he will be the weakest GL unless he is paired with CAT and KAM?