Kenobi requirements [MERGE]

Replies

• Bro if you don't have wat by now it means 2 things, 1 you are a new player, 2 you are not serious about this game, it's the easiest character to farm, our guild has been doing 50 shards every single month once everyone got brute and gear 12 everyone, yeah gear 12 don't even need to be reliced.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Crayons wrote: »
    If you don't have Wat, you should have higher priorities than GL Kenobi.

This

You guys didn’t read the OP. He’s not talking about personally losing out on WAT. He’s taking about guild progress being stunted by those choosing to leave for more WAT. Even if you’re guild is well on the progress chart to get him.

He’s talking about players leaving guilds and upsetting the balance of mid to small guilds. Players who would not have chosen to leave said guilds if this was not made a requirement.

What strong guilds are snatching up players from guilds that can barely beat the wat mission?

And if you are in a guild getting a handful of wat shards your best bet is probably to look for a merger.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • are we about to be hit with 4 Ultra horrible jedi council members? Is all of the bad batch gonna be required? Or is it really easy to get because he will be the weakest GL unless he is paired with CAT and KAM?

5abmoz.jpg

Surprise! 8 additional requirements in the last set! All BB, Ima Gun Di, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, and Eeth Koth. Also he'll only be viable with 7* R8 KAM.
  • Bro if you don't have wat by now it means 2 things, 1 you are a new player, 2 you are not serious about this game, it's the easiest character to farm, our guild has been doing 50 shards every single month once everyone got brute and gear 12 everyone, yeah gear 12 don't even need to be reliced.

Agree. I would assume getting geos ready for wat would be early on the list for newer whales.

Though I could see CG adding packs for those that are close.
  • are we about to be hit with 4 Ultra horrible jedi council members? Is all of the bad batch gonna be required? Or is it really easy to get because he will be the weakest GL unless he is paired with CAT and KAM?
    Also he'll only be viable with 7* R8 KAM.
    If only...

5abmoz.jpg

Surprise! 8 additional requirements in the last set! All BB, Ima Gun Di, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, and Eeth Koth. Also he'll only be viable with 7* R8 KAM.

Being realistic, there won't be 8 requirements lol just 5, 1 99.99% being Cody, it's the other 4 that scares me, Ima gun di, Kit fisto, eeth koth and luminara, plo koon won't be one since he is actually decent and has a great ship, but man the other 4 are trash
    Also he'll only be viable with 7* R8 KAM.
    If only...

He forgot to add CAT in there too, he will only be viable with R8 KAM and R8 CAT

Agree. I would assume getting geos ready for wat would be early on the list for newer whales.

Though I could see CG adding packs for those that are close.

Honestly GEOs are one of the best teams for GAC, they can give you easy 60 banners on offense or through a rench into your opponents roster making them waste their Vader on geos instead of using it on a GL
  • Seriously this is a trap0bnu4ty9o88i.gif
    Out of all GL's kenobi seems to be the easiest to get, extremely free to play and have the most useful characters so far, are we about to be hit with 4 Ultra horrible jedi council members? Is all of the bad batch gonna be required? Or is it really easy to get because he will be the weakest GL unless he is paired with CAT and KAM?

Well if we learned anything from see, it's to wait for the kit reveal before committing.

But I doubt it's a trap. I think the strategy with GLs is to just have enough requirements that people will have to spend to get it right now. That seems to fit with GLK. Either you'll have to blow resources to get bokatan ready or you already did. Combine that with the sheer amount of kyros needed to gear 15 characters and I doubt many ftp players are getting him day 1. Unless you were extremely good at guessing and hoarding.
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    I love having a thread merge while I’m trying to post in it.

I also love watching the assorted arguments about JMK reqs being similtaneously too easy and too difficult.
  • I appreciate everyones replies. It’s interesting my question became conflated between earning Wat shards versus buying Wat shards.

My inquiry was a simple ask if there might be packs coming. No complaints, just asking if a cash solution is coming.

I’m in a small guild and I have the best guild mates. I have no plans to leave my current guild. GL Kenobi will have to wait. ;)
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I appreciate everyones replies. It’s interesting my question became conflated between earning Wat shards versus buying Wat shards.

My inquiry was a simple ask if there might be packs coming. No complaints, just asking if a cash solution is coming.

There might. There might not. No one here knows.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • This post is in regards to the Wat requirement for GL Kenobi.

Preamble: I understand the need for gating upper end content in a mobile game. The need to extend player engagement and thereby maintain continued revenue flow is necessary with the way the monetization of this game was designed. I accept that. I embrace this game as a hobby for which I have invested 4.5 years and a few thousand dollars. I joined my current guild about 3.5 years ago. We are a casual guild of 40 members at 166 million gp with about half of us as highly active driven players. We have a high number of players who are long term guild members. This next GEO DS Territory Battle we should be able to unlock Wat.

Opinion: The Wat requirement for this GL encourages community breaking and disincentivizes monetary investment. With the current system for obtaining Wat shards limited to Geo DS TB our guild is likely to 7 star Wat in about 20-24 months. For those of us who would like to achieve the new GL sooner, our only option is to leave our current guild and join a higher level guild. Thus the Wat requirement encourages us to abandon community with whom we may have spent years forging relationships (sorry folks, you are not helpful enough to me). How does that build the community of respect and bonding that CG continually says they emphasize and want for their players?
    Not only does the Wat requirement encourage community breaking, it also disincentivizes investment. If the gate is so far removed/difficult for a player, why should they spend the money for upgrades? They decide there is no reason to invest since it won’t make a difference with the Wat gate. I do not have the numbers, but I feel confident saying that the vast majority of players do no have Wat Tambor unlocked. Anecdotal evidence is me. I was planning on investing $100 on crystals today to rush Bo-Katan to seven stars. I now have no incentive to do that since I don’t plan to abandon my guild (incidentally, I became Leader about 2 years ago so my abandonment will have an even greater impact on community), and in 20-24 months I can f2p those shards.
    Unless there is a plan to open up other opportunities to achieve Wat shards, I feel the Wat requirement is a bad decision for the larger player community and for product integrity.

I and my guild, and our guess is, many others would love to hear from a moderator or a SBCrumb regarding this perspective.

Thank you.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Zara_Khang wrote: »
    If the gate is so far removed/difficult for a player, why should they spend the money for upgrades?

A G12 geo team is one of the easier things you can do in this game. First good team I built with my alt. If this gate is really that far removed for you, you are in no way anywhere close to the next GL.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    If you are getting so few Wat shards per month that it will take you nearly two years to go from unlock to 7*, then you and your guild need to rethink priorities on a 2 year old character who is an amazing plug and play toon.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    If you are getting so few Wat shards per month that it will take you nearly two years to go from unlock to 7*, then you and your guild need to rethink priorities on a 2 year old character who is an amazing plug and play toon.

If your guild gets 20 Wat shards per TB it will take you 13 months to get him from 4* to 7*.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I tried to edit my post but it was posted as a new post. what.

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »

If your guild gets 20 Wat shards per TB it will take you 13 months to get him from 4* to 7*.

And?
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

And?

Timegate is a bigger problem than the mission difficulty.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Roughly 80k players have him at 7* according to SWGOH.GG
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/wat-tambor/data/?filter_type=all

While he may be restrictive in a sense, he has been out for 2 years and can be collected with a Geo team (a highly suggested team) at g12.

He is by no means "end game restricted" and no one expects anyone to leave their guild to get WAT, unless that is a goal your guild does not share with you.

If your guild is casual, then you may miss out on things, and you most certainly are missing out on currency which can be used for gear. This is all part of the balance of that choice.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Wat does hurt newer players, and players unwilling to leave lower-tier guilds because of friends, but I think he’s a fair requirement balance-wise. JMK seems like a 2nd/3rd GL, and most of those players have likely gotten Wat.

But... did Kenobi ever actually meet Wat Tambor? I know Anakin met him once or twice (while rescuing Echo, then killing him as Vader) but the only instance I can remember is when Kenobi was attempting to spy on the Seperatists on Geonosis in Ep II...

jazgcsloq9we.png

So they did meet... sort of. Good to know.

... anyone else Kenobi managed to look at?

He looked at a lot of people.

Mace, Aayla, Bo-Katan, QGJ, Grievous, and Magnaguard just to name a few. I think there was one time that he gave a pretty serious stare down to a random clone Sargent as well.

I’ll probably think of some more within the next few weeks.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

And?

Timegate is a bigger problem than the mission difficulty.

If you're a new player, sure.

Brand new GLs are not for new players.
  • Gurken wrote: »
    Locking GL Kenobi behind a TB mission that requires your guild mates to be able to do it is completely unfair and unreasonable. If you're in a guild that you really enjoy but it can't or is barely able to do the Wat mission, this is going to require you to either leave or wait years to get him. For people that Jedi Master Kenobi is their favorite character in Star Wars, this is a real middle finger to them!

Take my guild for example, we've just started being able to the Wat mission and we've only been averaging 8 shards a TB, at that rate it would take us 3 year's to get Wat 7*. Now sure we can expect us to get more shards as we get stronger, but we're casual and are not going to require Geos. I know we have members who have wanted Jedi master Kenobi since the last time CG visited the clone wars era and have already started getting the requirements for him. Now they have to choose, wait years for their favorite character or leave friends for a stronger guild...

What I'm asking is for CG to make him available in a store or an event like the galactic bounties

10,000% agree with this. I love my guild - it's a fantastic group of people and I'll never consider leaving it, but we average about 7 Wat shards a month. I have GL Rey, and Kenobi's one of my favorite Star Wars characters and I was completely poised to go all in for his GL -- and it's outside my personal control whether I can earn his requirements. R8 requirements fine, I can do that in Conquest - but farming him is dependent on other players, not my own actions, and I think that's a really poor choice. I'm mega bummed about this, and this genuinely is one of the more let down / disappointed feelings I've had in the game - I was genuinely excited to farm him.
  • I’m happy to see QGJ in the line up
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I keep hearing the argument that "Kenobi is my favorite character so I should be able to get him."

Game don't care.
  • Zara_Khang wrote: »
    This post is in regards to the Wat requirement for GL Kenobi.

Preamble: I understand the need for gating upper end content in a mobile game. The need to extend player engagement and thereby maintain continued revenue flow is necessary with the way the monetization of this game was designed. I accept that. I embrace this game as a hobby for which I have invested 4.5 years and a few thousand dollars. I joined my current guild about 3.5 years ago. We are a casual guild of 40 members at 166 million gp with about half of us as highly active driven players. We have a high number of players who are long term guild members. This next GEO DS Territory Battle we should be able to unlock Wat.

Opinion: The Wat requirement for this GL encourages community breaking and disincentivizes monetary investment. With the current system for obtaining Wat shards limited to Geo DS TB our guild is likely to 7 star Wat in about 20-24 months. For those of us who would like to achieve the new GL sooner, our only option is to leave our current guild and join a higher level guild. Thus the Wat requirement encourages us to abandon community with whom we may have spent years forging relationships (sorry folks, you are not helpful enough to me). How does that build the community of respect and bonding that CG continually says they emphasize and want for their players?
    Not only does the Wat requirement encourage community breaking, it also disincentivizes investment. If the gate is so far removed/difficult for a player, why should they spend the money for upgrades? They decide there is no reason to invest since it won’t make a difference with the Wat gate. I do not have the numbers, but I feel confident saying that the vast majority of players do no have Wat Tambor unlocked. Anecdotal evidence is me. I was planning on investing $100 on crystals today to rush Bo-Katan to seven stars. I now have no incentive to do that since I don’t plan to abandon my guild (incidentally, I became Leader about 2 years ago so my abandonment will have an even greater impact on community), and in 20-24 months I can f2p those shards.
    Unless there is a plan to open up other opportunities to achieve Wat shards, I feel the Wat requirement is a bad decision for the larger player community and for product integrity.

I and my guild, and our guess is, many others would love to hear from a moderator or a SBCrumb regarding this perspective.

Thank you.

At 50 shards per tb it takes 7 months to go from zero to 7 stars. It only takes g12 geos to do that. Would it be so hard for your guild to focus on that for a month and be ready when the next ds geo tb rolls around. If you all focused, you could probably have 7 star wat in 3 or 4 months. It takes that long to gear 15 characters for a GL anyway unless you're a whale.

Also of note, wat has been an amazing GL counter for well over a year now. If your account is that old and you haven't prioritized him yet, that's on you.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gurken wrote: »
    Locking GL Kenobi behind a TB mission that requires your guild mates to be able to do it is completely unfair and unreasonable. If you're in a guild that you really enjoy but it can't or is barely able to do the Wat mission, this is going to require you to either leave or wait years to get him. For people that Jedi Master Kenobi is their favorite character in Star Wars, this is a real middle finger to them!

Take my guild for example, we've just started being able to the Wat mission and we've only been averaging 8 shards a TB, at that rate it would take us 3 year's to get Wat 7*. Now sure we can expect us to get more shards as we get stronger, but we're casual and are not going to require Geos. I know we have members who have wanted Jedi master Kenobi since the last time CG visited the clone wars era and have already started getting the requirements for him. Now they have to choose, wait years for their favorite character or leave friends for a stronger guild...

What I'm asking is for CG to make him available in a store or an event like the galactic bounties

10,000% agree with this. I love my guild - it's a fantastic group of people and I'll never consider leaving it, but we average about 7 Wat shards a month. I have GL Rey, and Kenobi's one of my favorite Star Wars characters and I was completely poised to go all in for his GL -- and it's outside my personal control whether I can earn his requirements. R8 requirements fine, I can do that in Conquest - but farming him is dependent on other players, not my own actions, and I think that's a really poor choice. I'm mega bummed about this, and this genuinely is one of the more let down / disappointed feelings I've had in the game - I was genuinely excited to farm him.

But it is within your control. Many guilds make certain aspects of the game a priority, why cant yours?

You dont have to leave your guild, but it's hard to blame the game for choosing to be with a guild that isnt at your level or doing things that you feel are achievable for yourself. Again, it's the balance of the choices we make.

A brand new "end game" character is not going to be 100% available to any player, and there are many reasons why that will be the case each time a new toon or even content is released. If someone wants to be playing at the leading edge of something in the game, then they should expect thier guild to be able to support them in this endeavor, that is the cooperative nature of a guild that some seem to be missing and blaming others or the game for.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I can't even imagine the KAM uproar that still could be coming given how easy Wat is to get in comparison.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I can't even imagine the KAM uproar that still could be coming given how easy Wat is to get in comparison.

I doubt they will add KAM too. The first 7 star KAM was pretty recent relatively speaking.

I'd even be surprised if they had him as a nightfall vader requirement.