Credit Crunch

lucaefor
95 posts Member
edited May 2021
Could we have a serious discussion about credit inflow at some point please?

I feel this has been an overlooked aspect of the new player experience. Even after two years of playing you can still have a ton of heroes sitting at level 1 you'd like to farm but simply don't have the income to level up.

If the economy is shifting away from shard farming/shipments to gear purchases then there is a compelling argument for giving us the opportunity to level up more heroes. Including the consideration that gear placement is also locked behind hero level, eg level 63 to equip a certain piece, everyone except the most fastidious day 1 player simply needs more credits.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• dogwelder79
    1465 posts Member
    Ask the OP in this other thread, maybe he'll tell you his secret:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/243873/1-billion-credits/p1
  • The credit crunch is temporary. You eventually reach the point where you can take any toon you can gear to level 85 rather easily.

Gear is the main bottleneck. Changing credits won't fix that so there's really no point. Unless you think having a roster of level 85 g5 characters will get you anywhere.
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    Eventually is literally 2+ years of playing every day. That's not temporary
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    lucaefor wrote: »

How good is your guild and how do you score in raids?
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I
    crzydroid wrote: »

Wasn't actually a personal discussion, rather directed toward new people coming to the game. So you need to take into account it takes a long time to get into a guild with decent ticket production.

I've been playing for 3 years, recently had to start over. I bagged a 186 mill GP guild but it's still only averaging 22k tickets per day. The vast majority of new players won't get anywhere near a guild like that for a year plus if they even bother to play the game past a casual level.

I feel CG needs to give new accounts more opportunity to grow and stay motivated to keep playing rather than get depressed at being constantly out of credits and unable to level anything up or work on mods.

If you're a spender, there's no point spending on gear if you lack funds to level the heroes, so it does impact the real money economy
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Credit crunch is a good cereal, but it's not really a thing once you get past a certain point. You don't need to level everything.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • lucaefor wrote: »

Not hardly. My alt account passed the credit crunch well before a year.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

I

Wasn't actually a personal discussion, rather directed toward new people coming to the game.

Many players (also non-day1 players) have a different experience with credits than yours. Would be interesting to know why.
    I've been playing for 3 years, recently had to start over. I bagged a 186 mill GP guild but it's still only averaging 22k tickets per day. The vast majority of new players won't get anywhere near a guild like that for a year plus if they even bother to play the game past a casual level.

If they don't bother play past casual level themselves they shouldn't expect all their guild mates to score 600/600 every day.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    I

Wasn't actually a personal discussion, rather directed toward new people coming to the game.

Many players (also non-day1 players) have a different experience with credits than yours. Would be interesting to know why.

If they don't bother play past casual level themselves they shouldn't expect all their guild mates to score 600/600 every day.

From my experience with my alt, it is pretty easy to find at least an hstr guild. Usually you can find one that accepts new players as long as you get your 600 tickets. And getting 600 a day with a couple of reg energy refreshes takes almost no time at all daily.