Jedi GC balance

Oblivionus_SWGoH
26 posts Member
edited May 2021
So here is the new Galactic Challenge: Jedis vs. Geos
Watch as a full R5 Revan squad with Hermit Yoda gets slaughtered on Tier 7
Reminder: Tier 7 is three G13 Geos with no relic levels
This is the recommended faction and is vastly above the opponents gear levels.

Thank you devs for this wonderfully designed challenge, it's so tremendously interesting watching one of your best squad getting wiped out without getting more than 1 or 2 turns (on Tier SEVEN)

Thank you for reminding us that you should only compete with all special characters like GAS, JKL, and of course a GL like JML. Yes you only want us to invest lots of money, fun is not important.

Balancing ? Why, rofl, let them spend money to push to a GL.
Truly incompetent, thank you so much for wasting our time.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Is it really still appropriate to suggest that GAS, JKL and JML owners have necessarily spent money to get them?
  • not for GAS and JKL, but any GL sure - although JKL is still locked behind a schedule wall
    Dont you consider it as an encouragement to get a GL faster when the Devs design such a **** "Challenge" to stomp rather normal squads ?
    Btw, GAS doesn't seem to help much either.
  • I've got all 4 GLs and have spent absolutely no money at all since unlocking my first one. There will be thousands of GL owners who have never spent money.
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    Is it really still appropriate to suggest that GAS, JKL and JML owners have necessarily spent money to get them?

I think you miss the point here, don't see on the "money" part. It's just T7, not T10. It's the first tier with G13 (not even Relic, and not even the full squad) characters. Yet they outspeed 380 speed JKR and have health pool which average relic JKR team without GAS/JKL/JML (who by itself require relic characters to unlock) can't burn fast enough to survive. What's the point of such bloated stats and difficulty spike on this tier I can't understand.
  • You summed it up very well.
    Admittedly, I didn't argue with specific stats, maybe that will enlighten the ppl that claim to never have spent any money and have all 4 GLs (which I don't believe for a second)
  • You summed it up very well.
    Admittedly, I didn't argue with specific stats, maybe that will enlighten the ppl that claim to never have spent any money and have all 4 GLs (which I don't believe for a second)
    Nobody in this thread claimed to have all 4 GLs and never spent any money.

Someone in this thread has all 4 and hasn't spent any since unlocking their first one.

Hortus wrote: »
    Is it really still appropriate to suggest that GAS, JKL and JML owners have necessarily spent money to get them?

I think you miss the point here, don't see on the "money" part. It's just T7, not T10. It's the first tier with G13 (not even Relic, and not even the full squad) characters. Yet they outspeed 380 speed JKR and have health pool which average relic JKR team without GAS/JKL/JML (who by itself require relic characters to unlock) can't burn fast enough to survive. What's the point of such bloated stats and difficulty spike on this tier I can't understand.
    I responded to the part of the OP I disagreed with.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    You are going up against a team that needs Daze or strong AoEs to shut down. Your team is JKR, GMY, Hoda, Jolee, Bastila. Both AoEs (JKR and GMY) do little damage, Badstila and Jolee aren't strong attackers, and Hoda does no damage at all. Your line up makes this statement not make much sense:
    Btw, GAS doesn't seem to help much either.

As GAS brings the two things your team is lacking.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    You summed it up very well.
    You don't need to believe it.
    I don't believe it either that not being able to beat T7 with JKR is a balancing issue instead of poor modding and/or weak gameplay.
  • Bastila lead is what you’re missing.
    https://youtu.be/8ahUVW_iSec
  • Sure, everytime something doesn't work it's the fault of mods, and not stupid game design.
    The event is supposed to be for Jedi, admittedly Jedi Anakin would probably be helpful.
    My guild mates tried it with GAS and said he didn't help much either.
    And again, we are not talking about the T9 or T10 fights, but T7

But go ahead and defend the devs like good fanboys.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Also try looking at your team modifier. Dispel Jedi work exceptionally well. Ultra fast Revan under JKL worked for me on T10.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sure, everytime something doesn't work it's the fault of mods, and not stupid game design.

No not every time.

When everyone or a majority are having an issue, there is more of a possibility it is the game.

When a minority claim something (at any tier) is impossible, despite evidence to the contrary, the possibility of it being on the game side is lesser and more likely falls on the players setup, either team comp, mods, or even gear level.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Nobody tell op about nest
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    edited May 2021
    Is it poor game design when, like the other GCs at higher levels, it is better served by using characters that aren't more than 2-3 years old and are more easily available to new players now than when they were first released.

No.

I can beat t10 with JKL lead and otherwise older Jedi. Let a weak ally get killed and JKA will get 100% tm and can use the granted ability. Luke resets their speeds and then stuns them all.

As JKL has been around for nearly a year and we've had his event three, maybe four times, I'm not sure that it qualifies as an unreasonable gate.

EDIT: Trying just tier 7, which you are talking about, I could do with Revan lead and no JKL by using GAS. Yes, it's GAS, but he's even older and has been in Journey Guide for 3/4 of a year now. But once you get his AoE off he can destroy t7.