Why does Rey (GL) have the unaligned force user tag

13Next

Replies

• Really the only character that truly represents unaligned force user in the game would be ashoka. Every other character they added the tag to don't really fit lore wise.

If they added a post dooku betrayal assajj, that could fit as well.

I get the game balance issues with the jedi and sith factions being rather large. But I do think they could and should split it up better and make it fit with the lore.

They could separate the jedi into 4 categories.

1. Old Republic jedi
    2. Prequel era jedi
    3. Galactic civil war jedi
    4. Sequel era jedi

It would be easy enough to add a new tag and get it to work.

For example, many are saying that GLK won't have a jedi tag because of balance. That would just be ridiculous. He's a jedi master on the council at that point. There are ways to achieve game balance while still having it make sense with the lore.
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    No, Luke was the last Jedi

Luke literally says he will not be the last Jedi. The title of that movie refers to Rey.

• For example, many are saying that GLK won't have a jedi tag because of balance. That would just be ridiculous. He's a jedi master on the council at that point. There are ways to achieve game balance while still having it make sense with the lore.

It's going to be really funny if he's not a jedi. I can't wait to hear all the excuses to justify why Jedi Master Kenobi isn't a Jedi :joy:
  • Really the only character that truly represents unaligned force user in the game would be ashoka. Every other character they added the tag to don't really fit lore wise.

I get the game balance issues with the jedi and sith factions being rather large. But I do think they could and should split it up better and make it fit with the lore.

1. Old Republic jedi
    2. Prequel era jedi
    4. Sequel era jedi

For example, many are saying that GLK won't have a jedi tag because of balance. That would just be ridiculous. He's a jedi master on the council at that point. There are ways to achieve game balance while still having it make sense with the lore.

They would have to change the text for every jedi character and ability that effects jedi which would probably mean they would have bugs for a while

1. Old Republic jedi
    2. Prequel era jedi
    4. Sequel era jedi

They would have to change the text for every jedi character and ability that effects jedi which would probably mean they would have bugs for a while

I never said it wouldn't take work. But I don't think making kits that are both lore accurate and don't break the game is an unreasonable ask for a billion dollar game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Really the only character that truly represents unaligned force user in the game would be ashoka. Every other character they added the tag to don't really fit lore wise.

1. Old Republic jedi
    2. Prequel era jedi
    4. Sequel era jedi

I never said it wouldn't take work. But I don't think making kits that are both lore accurate and don't break the game is an unreasonable ask for a billion dollar game.

Actually making kits that are lore accurate, literally would break the game, lore is not balanced at all.

Also, let's not forget this is a game about a game, in a cantina in the SW universe. You are not playing a SW role play game, you are playing a SW based game.
  • Unaligned Force Users are kind of like grey Jedi who are neither Sith nor Jedi, which is why they are considered unaligned force users.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Unhinged Force Users

WIR
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Really the only character that truly represents unaligned force user in the game would be ashoka. Every other character they added the tag to don't really fit lore wise.

1. Old Republic jedi
    2. Prequel era jedi
    4. Sequel era jedi

Actually making kits that are lore accurate, literally would break the game, lore is not balanced at all.

Also, let's not forget this is a game about a game, in a cantina in the SW universe. You are not playing a SW role play game, you are playing a SW based game.

How would splitting the jedi faction into different tags based on eras break the game? It would be more accurate than an unaligned force user tag for characters that claim to be jedi.

You can change kits to work around game breaking issues. For example jedi Luke didn't get the rebel tag because it would break the game. I'm just using this as an example, this one doesn't bother me that much lorewise since Luke acted primarily as a jedi in ep 6 and was confronting the sith as a jedi not necessarily as a rebel. But a change to cls to make his leadership apply to non jedi rebels as well as a few uniques would maintain game balance the same as not giving luke the rebel tag.

Do they need to do this in every case? No. Like I said for Luke, I'm ok with it as is. But in the case of a character like GL kenobi, in my opinion not giving him the jedi tag is unacceptable since being a jedi is pretty much his whole identity at that point.

If they are worried about him being under a jkr lead and it being broken, I think changing jkr to work primarily with old republic jedi and buffing juhani and maybe adding some better old republic non jedi synergy for the 5th would be a better solution and it wouldn't break the game.

I get that it's a balance but there is room for improvement on lore accuracy without breaking the game.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

1. Old Republic jedi
    2. Prequel era jedi
    4. Sequel era jedi

There is bending the lore for balance, and then there is directly contradicting clear quotes from the movies...
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Yet another time I'm so glad I play this game without a single care about "lore."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • infidale
    45 posts Member
    The criteria for this tag is definitely all over the place for sure. To me, it would make sense if the criteria was 'never had any proper padawan/jedi training or sith acolyte/sith lord training but clearly that isn't the case.

It could also make sense if they weren't full on Jedi/Sith status during the time period their character is based off of, however Rey clearly breaks that rule AND there would need to be some inclusions if this was the criteria. Ezra and Fulcrum for example are two 'Jedis' that would need the tag, as well as possibly Barriss as while she was a double agent inside the Jedi order she was definitely not a Jedi (and I don't get the overall power sense that she was meant to be an actual full on Sith). Savage and Maul never became full Sith lords as far as I am aware so they would need to be added, Dooku never became a full Sith lord so he would need to be added. There are probably many more that I am just unaware of as I don't really have a lot of knowledge with regards to OR or KOTR Jedi/Sith status.

TLDR: We either have a few more or many less characters with the tag than we should have.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Ordo_Sk wrote: »
    Unaligned Force Users are kind of like grey Jedi who are neither Sith nor Jedi, which is why they are considered unaligned force users.
    Grey jedi would not be unaligned, they would be grey jedi. As I said here or in the other thread--don't think of "unaligned" in the sense of moral alignment. Think of it as aligning yourself with a specific faction. "Unaffiliated" would probably have been less confusing to people, since in general Star Wars parlance "alignment" is used to talk about light and dark.
    TVF wrote: »
    Yet another time I'm so glad I play this game without a single care about "lore."
    Exactly. I watch the movies for my story. I play the game because it's a game. This game is inspired by the story and generally reflect that story. You can find individual edge cases where it diverges, but considering that there are over 200 ships and characters it's unavoidable.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    I'm still trying to figure why Bando doesn't have the BH tag, but the ship he pilots does. :p
  • Jedi and Sith are religious/political ideologies. individuals with the ability to tap into the force and use it do not have to believe or practice either ideology. Hence a force user who is neither Sith or Jedi is not aligned/affiliated with either political/religious faction of force users.

Thankful for that, as the whole notion of Jedi (feudal lords/religious zealots) or Sith (libertarians/autocrats) does not wash with me as factions I care to support, cheer for or romanticize.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure why Bando doesn't have the BH tag, but the ship he pilots does. :p

Because people dont kill people, ships do.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G52aaTFibHo

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Mando coming to his ship: Why are the blasters still hot? Why is there blood on the hull? And who are those carbonite frozen people in the hold?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »

Mando coming to his ship: Why are the blasters still hot? Why is there blood on the hull? And who are those carbonite frozen people in the hold?

This guy gets it.
  • @ infidale... actually Dooku was a Sith Lord. He was given the title Darth Tyranus. The Sith rule of two requires a master and apprentice. Sidious was the master and Tyranus the apprentice. Maul was a Sith Lord as well in Phantom Menace. He had the "Darth" title.