Kenobi requirements [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    They could also place Wat in GET1 as sort of a reverse ROLO/IPD option. It was around 2 years when they did this I think.

Either through packs for sale or some other currency I hope CG will make Wat available to a greater portion of the player base. But if they leave him on Geo TB then players will have to overcome it.
  • Options
    They could also place Wat in GET1 as sort of a reverse ROLO/IPD option. It was around 2 years when they did this I think.

Either through packs for sale or some other currency I hope CG will make Wat available to a greater portion of the player base. But if they leave him on Geo TB then players will have to overcome it.

Not likely get 1. More likely get 2.
  • Options
    Not likely get 1. More likely get 2.[/quote]

Yeah could be either way. My thought was most guilds exclusively run Geo TB which offers less GET1. Many people have Malak and GAS at 7-stars. And many smaller guilds still run Hoth. So GET1 gets Wat into the hands of the greatest number of people.

• Options
    If they use KAM for this one they make it really hard to have the next GL anytime this year. KAM is now the last special character and one that takes more than a year for most to get. If hey announce KAM people will mostly skip Kenobi and save resources for the next one. Besides the Kenobi nerd is already in place with Ashoka making both Rey And SLKR significantly stronger by the time anyone has him

It's impossible to say whether GL kenobi will be good in comparison to Rey and kylo. It could be another see fiasco. I just finished the requirements for GL luke so I'm finishing him first. Then I'm hoarding until it is clear whether he's worth it.

I may go ahead and gear some of the better requirements in the meantime. I've been looking for a reason to relic gg anyway.
  • Options
    Not likely get 1. More likely get 2.

Yeah could be either way. My thought was most guilds exclusively run Geo TB which offers less GET1. Many people have Malak and GAS at 7-stars. And many smaller guilds still run Hoth. So GET1 gets Wat into the hands of the greatest number of people.

[/quote]

I doubt that's their goal though. I think get 3 may be more likely than get 1 since they don't like to encourage hoarding currency.
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Jppc wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »
    Then you aren’t from mid to small guilds with low WAT income.

More people are in these guilds. The vast majority of players.

Then find a better guild to join 🤷‍♂️

The whole "I like the guild that only gets 3 Wat shards" statement is code for "I like always finishing 1st in the raids."

Or “I like the friends I’ve made more than internet currencies”.

So be with your friends and wait to get Wat. Don’t complain.

I’m more complaining about the generalization that people in smaller guilds are entitled / over-competitive / only want to get good raid rewards. I’m fine waiting for Wat, for now.

That "for now" is doing a TON of heavy lifting.
  • BowBeforeMe
    26 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Wat has been around for ages and unlocking him doesn’t require that much. It’s a single mission that is easy to complete found in the most balanced of available TBs in an easy mission the most balanced TB in the game and is a perfectly reasonable requirement for a GL character. I could see reacting this way to KAM, but for Wat?? The toons needed are easy to farm, useful in meta, and don’t even need to be g12 to auto his mission...

I don’t think the issue here is the requirements, it’s your priorities. Geos are a meta team useful in every facet of the game both as characters and as pilots. They are critical in TW and TB and there is no reason any player, let alone a guild, to not have them. How you run your guild is your prerogative, but your choices do have consequences that won’t always be apparent initially. I’ve been running one for 5 years and the only way to sustain progress is to establish requirements, clear goals, and surround yourself with players whose desires align with them. If you choose to be in a casual guild, that is your right, but that choice forfeits present and future opportunities intended for serious guilds.

All that aside, GL’s are endgame content, (the only endgame content), and their requirements reflect that. GL kenobi, from what he have seen to date, is the most reasonable GL available.
    Post edited by BowBeforeMe on
  • TargetEadu
    1550 posts Member
    Options
    Jppc wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »
    Then you aren’t from mid to small guilds with low WAT income.

More people are in these guilds. The vast majority of players.

Then find a better guild to join 🤷‍♂️

The whole "I like the guild that only gets 3 Wat shards" statement is code for "I like always finishing 1st in the raids."

Or “I like the friends I’ve made more than internet currencies”.

So be with your friends and wait to get Wat. Don’t complain.

I’m more complaining about the generalization that people in smaller guilds are entitled / over-competitive / only want to get good raid rewards. I’m fine waiting for Wat, for now.

That "for now" is doing a TON of heavy lifting.

Would you prefer “I’m fine waiting for my friends to get to the point where they can gear up their Geos so we can get Wat together, and in the meantime I don’t care about how I place in Raids”?
  • Options
    Gurken wrote: »
    Locking GL Kenobi behind a TB mission that requires your guild mates to be able to do it is completely unfair and unreasonable.

Now they have to choose

Those 2 sentences are quite contradictory.
  • Options
    I agree with the issues over acquisition here. I'm p4f not p2w, and been slugging it out for 2 years, and still don't have a single general kenobi shard. Heck, I still trying to get Jyn Urso and can't find get shards to save my life.
    But these top tier characters need to have more realistic requirements. And to anyone thinking it, yes I am griping because unlike some of you who p2w, I have financial responsibilities that take precedence.
    Something HAS to give here. We deserve a realistic chance to get these good characters
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    JediMongo wrote: »
    I agree with the issues over acquisition here. I'm p4f not p2w, and been slugging it out for 2 years, and still don't have a single general kenobi shard. Heck, I still trying to get Jyn Urso and can't find get shards to save my life.
    But these top tier characters need to have more realistic requirements. And to anyone thinking it, yes I am griping because unlike some of you who p2w, I have financial responsibilities that take precedence.
    Something HAS to give here. We deserve a realistic chance to get these good characters

You have quite realistic chance to get 4 good characters that, if the past is any indication, are at an equal power level with Kenobi.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

If you don’t have GK after two years then I need to ask what is your guild’s GP? What are their priorities? If GK is the hiccup as well as GET currency/jyn erso, GL’s are not for you. You have MANY other priorities and characters to focus down on first.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Wat has been around for ages and unlocking him doesn’t require that much. It’s a single mission that is easy to complete found in the most balanced of available TBs in an easy mission the most balanced TB in the game and is a perfectly reasonable requirement for a GL character. I could see reacting this way to KAM, but for Wat?? The toons needed are easy to farm, useful in meta, and don’t even need to be g12 to auto his mission...

I don’t think the issue here is the requirements, it’s your priorities. Geos are a meta team useful in every facet of the game both as characters and as pilots. They are critical in TW and TB and there is no reason any player, let alone a guild, to not have them. How you run your guild is your prerogative, but your choices do have consequences that won’t always be apparent initially. I’ve been running one for 5 years and the only way to sustain progress is to establish requirements, clear goals, and surround yourself with players whose desires align with them. If you choose to be in a casual guild, that is your right, but that choice forfeits present and future opportunities intended for serious guilds.

All that aside, GL’s are endgame content, (the only endgame content), and their requirements reflect that. GL kenobi, from what he have seen to date, is the most reasonable GL available.

I understand your core point but there are a lot of exaggerations to your post.

1.) Guilds may have the bugs ready for the wat mission but not the overall squads to handle GEOTB’s over Hoth yet. TB is about roster depth and depending on the guild, it may not be feasible.

2.) Geo’s are not meta. They are a useful team with their ships and are a solid team for PVE, but not even close to meta.

3.) The wat mission autoed with less than G12? Ummm yeah no.

4.) Up to this point, a person’s choice in guilds hasn’t affected GL acquirement. Rey? SLKR? SEE? JML? I don’t recall that being an issue since this is the first time TB only toons were a choke point to GL’s. You can argue ROLO and IDP but there have been other methods and their shards have been double for quite some time.

I agree that if you don’t have Wat to focus on the other GL’s in the meantime, but the bigger issue is that this opens up the door for KAM to be an option still for JMK or the next GL and adds even more exclusivity for purely competitive guilds in the future
  • Talifer
    84 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sure CG talked about helping guilds out, quite some time ago now, that wanted to be able to nurture new members, take on lower GP players and train them up without unduely hampering the guild but it seems everything CG have done since has contridicted this. It's very hard to grow a guild when the game promotes jumping ship as the best way to progress.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

If you don’t have GK after two years then I need to ask what is your guild’s GP? What are their priorities? If GK is the hiccup as well as GET currency/jyn erso, GL’s are not for you. You have MANY other priorities and characters to focus down on first.

Agree. You can walk into a haat guild as soon as you have a 7 star character and if you're willing to get raid tickets. So within a month of playing the game. Maybe sooner now that shards are accelerated.

You can build a solo haat team within 6 months or so. So being in a guild that can't get gk shards for two years is just ridiculous.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Talifer wrote: »
    I'm sure CG talked about helping guilds out, quite some time ago now, that wanted to be able to nurture new members, take on lower GP players and train them up without unduely hampering the guild but it seems everything CG have done since has contridicted this. It's very hard to grow a guild when the game promotes jumping ship as the best way to progress.

You don't need the newest GL to progress. They never said they'd help guilds out by giving it to everyone.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Talifer
    84 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    You don't need the newest GL to progress. They never said they'd help guilds out by giving it to everyone.

Because not requiring guild gated content is "giving" the GL to everyone? I think the slower progress with resources from being in a smaller guild is restriction enough (e.g. lack of r8 material).

Are you suggesting these new GL requirements are not another incentive for switching to a guild with a higher Wat shard income or cpit capability?
  • Options
    Are you suggesting these new GL requirements are not another incentive for switching to a guild with a higher Wat shard income or cpit capability?
    If you want to be (or stay) competitive that should be the incentive regardless of whether the said characters and exclusive gear are required for a GL or not. If you just want to hang around with friends in a lower GP guild that's perfectly fine, but then maybe the latest end game content isn't for you.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Because not requiring guild gated content is "giving" the GL to everyone? I think the slower progress with resources from being in a smaller guild is restriction enough (e.g. lack of r8 material).

The same slower progress with resources also means that players in smaller guilds probably have their hands full with farming for previous GLs and don't need to worry about Kenobi yet. Also, getting the previous GLs will help with r8 mats and other resources. All in all, it seems that the progression is pretty well crafted this time.
  • Options

Not sure which is more offensive, the condescension, the poor gameplay, or the bad assumptions.
  • Options

Not sure which is more offensive, the condescension, the poor gameplay, or the bad assumptions.

Wait, what? 2 years of gameplay not 1 gk shard? You realize that means you have never been in a guild that beat HAAT.
  • Options

Wait, what? 2 years of gameplay not 1 gk shard? You realize that means you have never been in a guild that beat HAAT.

What's even better is that GK shards were part of the May 4th inbox gift last year, meaning that they didn't even bother to claim those
  • Options

Agree. You can walk into a haat guild as soon as you have a 7 star character and if you're willing to get raid tickets. So within a month of playing the game. Maybe sooner now that shards are accelerated.

You can build a solo haat team within 6 months or so. So being in a guild that can't get gk shards for two years is just ridiculous.

I dont know if ridiculous describes it. I think there is severe cognitive dissonance that this player has of his own gameplay. Then again, we're the addicts. He is probably the healthy well-balanced human that thinks 5 minutes every 2 days is appropriate.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

I dont know if ridiculous describes it. I think there is severe cognitive dissonance that this player has of his own gameplay. Then again, we're the addicts. He is probably the healthy well-balanced human that thinks 5 minutes every 2 days is appropriate.

If that’s the case then the GL’s requirements wouldn’t be causing him to post on the games forums.

Look I get the frustration about WAT being a requirement. It opens the door for very exclusive characters (looking at you KAM) from being the next requirement for JMK or the next GL. The only saving grace is that WAT is very attainable with g12 bugs with good (not great) and proper modding. Scores easier than KAM all around. However they should double the WAT shard intake at this point. It’s been long enough to give them the IDP and ROLO treatment. They can at least do that
  • Talifer
    84 posts Member
    Options
    If you want to be (or stay) competitive that should be the incentive regardless of whether the said characters and exclusive gear are required for a GL or not. If you just want to hang around with friends in a lower GP guild that's perfectly fine, but then maybe the latest end game content isn't for you.

As far as I was aware all GLs are being designed at an equal power level to each other, why is Kenobi going to be any more "end game" than Kylo or Rey? If you even consider new characters as content.

Let people choose the GL they are going to invest significant resources in, be that because it gives them a competitive advantage or they have an affinity with the character I just don't see the need to add additional gates over the sheer time and resources already required.
    Nauros wrote: »
    The same slower progress with resources also means that players in smaller guilds probably have their hands full with farming for previous GLs and don't need to worry about Kenobi yet. Also, getting the previous GLs will help with r8 mats and other resources. All in all, it seems that the progression is pretty well crafted this time.

Again I don't see previous GLs as a requirement to Kenobi any more than SLKR or Rey is a requirement to JML or SEE.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

As far as I was aware all GLs are being designed at an equal power level to each other, why is Kenobi going to be any more "end game" than Kylo or Rey? If you even consider new characters as content.

Let people choose the GL they are going to invest significant resources in, be that because it gives them a competitive advantage or they have an affinity with the character I just don't see the need to add additional gates over the sheer time and resources already required.

Again I don't see previous GLs as a requirement to Kenobi any more than SLKR or Rey is a requirement to JML or SEE.

They kinda are requirements, though. It's pretty hard to get r8 mats without a good part of the guild having at least one GL.
  • Talifer
    84 posts Member
    Options
    They kinda are requirements, though. It's pretty hard to get r8 mats without a good part of the guild having at least one GL.

I have all the mats I need to gear 1 toon to r8 from conquest, no guild GLs required.

If there was a good reason for this gate I might be more inclined to agree but as demonstrated by the Jolee shard move recently it just seems more like CG don't take into account the whole spectrum of players when making these decisions. Normally the financial incentive is obvious there's still the marquee requirements which will restrict a large proportion of players from getting new GLs straight away anyway. But Wat... I just don't get, he's not someone you can whale on or panic farm but he is someone with the potential to harm smaller guilds trying to grow and when the KAM requirement comes out for the next GL...
  • Options
    But Wat... I just don't get, he's not someone you can whale on or panic farm but he is someone with the potential to harm smaller guilds trying to grow and when the KAM requirement comes out for the next GL...
    There's nothing wrong with releasing something that's favoring the long term (or at least relatively long term) players.

Not everything needs to be easily accessible to anyone at any point in the game.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options

I have all the mats I need to gear 1 toon to r8 from conquest, no guild GLs required.

If there was a good reason for this gate I might be more inclined to agree but as demonstrated by the Jolee shard move recently it just seems more like CG don't take into account the whole spectrum of players when making these decisions. Normally the financial incentive is obvious there's still the marquee requirements which will restrict a large proportion of players from getting new GLs straight away anyway. But Wat... I just don't get, he's not someone you can whale on or panic farm but he is someone with the potential to harm smaller guilds trying to grow and when the KAM requirement comes out for the next GL...

I mean you answered your own question - R8 isn't the hard gate as solo players can get from Conquest. Wat is a hard requirement meant to force people to progression to get the new shiny.

It's fairly simple.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

Might need more than 1 though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH