Hello everyone, I've started a project along with @TheChild_eats_eggs1
, and @Arva
to develop and updated new player farming / direction guide and will be putting it to use on my newly created f2p account. This thread will be for laying out the plans and how they may change over time, as well as tracking the progress weekly. It can also be used to answer any questions you may have.The Objective
To take a f2p account from level 1 to 85 and beyond in the most efficient way possible, while putting together teams that will be useful long into the game, and in multiple areas. The idea is to try to do well in both Squad & Fleet Arenas, as well as Galactic Challenges, Assault Battles, Guild Events and GAC.The Path
Phoenix Squadron / Imperial Troopers / Geos > Padme > JKR > DR > Malak > SEE
will go down a slightly different path so we can compare)Squad Plans
This is roughly in order for how I plan to farm and level the characters for the respective teams. Some things will shift around as I see it play out, and I will update it as needed.Energy Farming Schedule
Here you will find which nodes I plan to farm for certain characters, with the level listed for when you can first start to farm them. There are a lot of nodes and I can't farm them all at once, so will be picking between 4-5 at a time. Some of them are single-shard drops still (Piett, Gideon, Vulture Droid) and will take quite a bit of time, but are key components for my teams.
I've tried to color code a bit: Yellow = Currently Farming, Green = Completed to 7*, Red = Decided to not do it right now, and White = Not Yet Started / On HoldStore Purchase Plan
In this table I have laid out my priorities of what I will purchase from the stores as they become available. The key one here is the GW store, which I plan to get Zeb to 7* first for PS, and then will save all the other currency until I unlock Fleets at level 60. From there I will pour all this currency into the 3 Geo ships. THIS IS THE KEY PART OF THE PLAN, MUST DO WELL IN FLEET ARENA AS THIS WILL BE THE CRYSTAL INCOME EARLY IN THE GAME.
For the GET1 and GET2 currency, I will not be spending it until the point I have enough for a full unlock of what I want, but these is to show what I am targeting.Crystal Usage Strategy
Other Useful Information
- In the beginning I will be using crystals to refresh Cantina energy, which costs 100 crystals for 120 extra energy.
- I will do at least 1 refresh per day on Cantina, and likely 2 in the early going when I can afford it in order to speed up the Ezra & Hera cantina farms
- I have enough normal energy for free daily to do my 5-6 hard node farms
- Bonus energy from leveling up 1-2x per day will be used to get needed gear
- As I get to higher levels, this will shift to less Cantina refreshes and more normal energy refreshes, as the cost per node will go from 12 to 20 (normal). Normal energy refreshes are also 50 crystals vs 100 for cantina, so I can do 2 for the price of 1.
- I will want to get into a good guild that is doing 3x Heroic Raids and DS Geo TB (probably LS Hoth TB). The way I am building my teams is critical for this as Geos will be the key for me to get into said guild, as they are needed for the Wat mission. Then I will also have 3 total DS teams to use for Geo TB
- FLEET IS CRITICAL - Farm early and focus here (Geos Fleet as I will already be gearing said pilots)
- Pretty much all of the characters I will be farming and leveling will be used going forward. Yes, PS will lose usefulness after I get Thrawn & Palp 7* but they can still be a GAC defensive team.Phoenix Squad
- Needed to unlock Thrawn and Palpatine (5 PS members at 7* around level 82 & g8)
- Useful early game for their synergy as a team and during Galactic War
- Backwall defense team in GAC afterwards
- 3 of the 5 are pilots for your first fleet (and endgame fleet)
- Used to unlock Padme at 7*
- Needed for guild DS Geo TB for the special mission to get Wat Tambor shards
- ^^ ticket into a better guild for this very reason
- Excellent GAC defensive team
Jedi Knight Revan (JKR) Jedi team
- Used in two different Assault Battles to achieve Challenge Tier rewards
- Excellent offensive team to use in GAC, Squad Arena, TW
- Used in DS Geo TB
Empire (Palp / Vader)
- Excellent team to climb Squad Arena ranks early
- Needed to unlock Malak (DR & Malak is a top 3 team excluding the Galactic Legends, and can counter some GLs)
- Jedi team needed for one Assault Battles Challenge Tier
- Naturally comes together through PS unlocks and achievements to get Vader
- Vader one of the most powerful characters in game once he has a zeta on Merciless Massacre
- Great for DS Geo TB and offense for GAC / TW
- Can be used on one Assault Battles Challenge Tier 1
Padme & GR team
- Paired with Malak is a top 3 team excluding GLs
- Very strong on defense for GAC / TW
- Powerful team early game especially in Squad Arena
- Needs General Kenobi (shards from hAAT raid in guilds) to really function
- Can be used on either offense or defense for GAC / TW
Here is my newly created account's swgoh gg link, IntimmyD2https://swgoh.gg/p/283735865/
Good luck everyone, and never forget to have fun!
- Hit level 30
- Made it to DS tier 3 hard nodes to take advantage of the double drops over the weekend for Range Trooper and Mando
- Working to get to LS tier 4 hard nodes to start my VD farm
- Looking for guild recruitments to get into one that will benefit me early, with me giving the benefit of 600 daily raid tickets.
Going for SEE as your first GL instead of SLKR doesn't fulfill your objectives. Being able to solo hSTR to secure a top rank and possibly be able to block many opponents in GAC is more valuable than having troopers solo P3 of hSTR and as a secondary team in GAC.
While going for SEE, you get one HSTR team that can do like 80m dmg (and that should also secure you a top 10 spot in most guild you gonna be at that level), 2-3 Dark Side Geo TB Teams (Troopers, SEE Sith, EP + Vader Sith/Empire)
For GAC, with the path you are going, you have one very very strong defensive team allready in the form of DR + Malak, that is honnestly on par with SLKR as a defensive team. You also get 3 insane offensive teams/characters (SEE Solo, Vader Solo/with some support and Troopers) that tend to get you very high banners.
You also happen to get alot more CPit viability out of the SEE path. Vader is a great p1 Team, and Troopers are gonna do great in p2/3, compared to just one great team with SLKR (and the good SLKR teams also need extras like thrawn and Hyoda, that you dont have built)
And most importantly, you can have SEE before SLKR. And that in turn will lead to you reaping the benefits of having a GL earlier, and thus make your grind for your next teams so much faster.
You appear to exaggerate how much extra time/farming it takes to unlock SLKR while completely ignoring the extra farms for the SEE path:
3-4 additional hard nodes?
HT is not an additional hard node since fleets/ships are already a priority (and Jango is already in the squads plan).
TIE x1, FO TIE, Silencer, Slave 1 are not farmed from hard nodes, and some of them are probably already included in the plan (to have enough DS ships for the zeta ability mats challenge).
That leaves 2 additional hard node farms (XB and Kylo's Shuttle) compared to 1 additional if going for SEE (TIE Bomber to 6*).
Depends on the guild you join. Assuming you have the teams listed in the squad plan either with a secondary FO team and SLKR or with troopers and SEE you can enter a variety of different guilds. Some may require a solo to reach top-10 in hSTR.
3 relic troopers and 2 additional hard nodes (Gideon and Range).
SEE, Dooku, Sidious, Marauder + 1 additional.
EP, Vader, Tarkin, RG, Thrawn
EP, (relic or non-relic) Vader, Thrawn and Tarkin.
XB and Slave 1 ready for Han's Falcon (a strong Rebel fleet is not bad in TB until you get Nego).
Yes, I'd probably prefer the first option for TB but the second is not too far behind.
With SLKR you get the superior defensive team, KRU (solo) for offense, a mediocre secondary FO team, a Finalizer fleet and 2 additional ships required for Han's Falcon. You'll probably relic Vader anyway.
Troopers? 3 Reliced troopers and 2 additional farms/Reliced toons.
Vader team for P1? What team would that be without additional/extra characters? If it includes KRU and BB8 you'll get those 2 with the SLKR farm (BB8 needs additional gear, though).
Not by much. A 5* Finalize doesn't take so much longer to acquire if you refresh when the event is available.
I've never seen a troopers solo p3. But that would be interesting. What's the lineup?
Skelturix has a vid: Veers, Piett, Starck, Gideon, Range
Not by much. A 5* Finalize doesn't take so much longer to acquire if you refresh when the event is available.[/quote]
A lot of people will benefit from it and personally i thank you
Some newbie clarifications now and forgive me if they sound too newbie.
1) I think it would a good thing to let us along the way know the composition of the team you will be fighting in arena and GW. For example in level 40 you fight with which specific toons? In 50 lvl you change team? In 60? And so on.
2) Gearing, also along the way. Which team you prioritise to gear first and until what lvl of gear. And also for example in lvl 40 you gear Phoenix, in 50 you switch the gearing to another team? In 60? And so on.
3. Management of crystals.
1) Ally or enemy teams?
2) I’d say gear is: phoenix lvl — minimum required e.g. g8/9 for Thrawn
Good teams like geos / IT — g12/13
OFC one cannot g12 till 7* lvl 85 on a toon so max possible gear for teams you want to gear higher. Will give examples
3) 1-3x refresh normal energy
1-2x refresh ship energy
1-3x refresh mod energy
0-1x refresh cantina energy
Something went wrong with your quotes but I recognise my words. Do you have anything to add? A point, maybe?
something went wrong with the quote indeed. I recommend reading the bold italic
Did you have anything to add? A point maybe?
my point is in ur quote. maybe read the first bold italic word.
Those were my words - not yours. Did you even have a point?
My point was that urs was reliant on an expensive if quote. 999 crystals can be used elsewhere and I'd prefer that.
The Finalizer events occur approximately 15 days apart on average. 999 crystals seems like a good investment if that's what it takes to unlock SLKR as your first GL 15 days earlier. The return could easily be worth more during your 15 first days with SLKR. But ok - to each their own.
I did it, for this exact reason. It only takes a 100 a day crystal difference in PO to actually make a "profit" in arena. When you are out of sync in the meta, you can easily lose more than 100 a day if you are getting top spots normally.
I would say it’s never too early to alter plans slightly to get back on track if you haven’t hit level 85 yet.
Also good points raised, I will try to give updates on the progress at least 2x a week in the early going since you level so fast, and take these into consideration.
Currently level 36 so already working in Arena and soon starting GAC. Will do a more formal update in a few days, but
Squad Arena using Troopers (Veers lead, Gideon, Range and Dark trooper) + Ezra. Dark I am not farming so he will remain at 1*, is powerful early but will fall off.
Phoenix I have 4/5 unlocked waiting on Zeb once I get to GW at 40.
So for gearing prioritizing those 2 squads atm
The Finalizer Event only shows up like once every 23 days (just look at the may callendar). So yes. and you need 65 Shards to get it to 5* after you have finished the farms, so another 138 days AFTER you have finished the farms and unlocked the last tier. or you spend alot of crystals (that you could have used for gear instead) to refresh/directly buy shards from the shop. You also compared having to farm Tie Bomber to 6* with farming XB/Shuttle and HT (you rly dont need HT early. its 2 hard nodes for one ship, might as well just do Vulture and Hyena instead, alot more efficient, no gear needed, and they are better for malevolence anyways) to 7*. you skip nearly a 3rd of the farms, thus putting it close to a accelerated farm, compared to thoose.
Also you mentioned Gideon being a Hard Node Farm. yes. but he is also available from the cantina. and is alot faster that way.
Also yes, i have to take it back about DR being on the level of SLKR in terms of defensive holds, its still a very very strong defensive team, especially if well modded.
Incidentally, you build two SLKR counters with that path (Vader and DR both can counter SLKR)
For the other stuff, remember, Troopers will get you top 10 HSTR rewards alot earlier than you can get SLKR (thus in turn speeding up your progress even further.), and they also get you assault battle rewards earlier, thus speeding up your GL Progress even further.
In terms of fleets: the rebel fleet is a no-go before needing 4 fleets for GAC. its way to expensive in terms of investment for the payoff. Id rather get a Empire Fleet as my secondary fleet for GAC (as you have to relic quite a few of the pilots allready, and farm the TIE Bomber) and run the Malevolence as my arena fleet.
@Intimmydation you do mean GW right. GAC is lvl 85 not 40.
The history/dates here says otherwise:
You don't need to do any more refreshes (spend any more crystals) than what's needed to have it at 5* when you finish the other farms. There's no need to finish early.
I compared TIE Bomber with XB + Shuttle, yes - I didn't say it was the same effort. I compared them because there's a difference between the two farms. HT was not included in that comparison. I mentioned it because you should exclude it from your comparison. Jango is already on the squads list and ships are a priority disregarding whether you go the SLKR route or SEE route - no differences there regarding HT.
Ah, yes. Good point.
ha, and there i was, thinking there was some sort of regularity to it. and then ofc i picked the one period where its the longest. Still takes a long while, as you kinda cant run thoose hard node farms early (you do need to allready farm the requirements for JKR and DR). So you are still gonna take quite a bit of time to finish thoose farms, compared to the SEE farms. (there is only 1 non accelerated farm you need to finish to the full 330 shards, and thats piett. and as you want to build the troopers quite early, farming him isnt bad either). And then, you arent finished with the requirements, once you have gotten the ship farms, so i still think that SLKR is a few months slower than SEE.
Oops yes of course meant GW.
Just made the comment as I was finishing up my round of GAC on the main last night
It would be a good thing to make a list and specify what use every team has.
For example Phoenix is needed for EP,Thrawn.
And we need EP, Thrawn for?
Geo for ships and/or? GR for? And so on.
So they can know why they farm those teams, what they are unlocking OR how and where they will be used specifically.
Interesting. Negative text —> Good luck