Conquest 4 Feedback [MERGE]

Prev13456722
Paul1994
2 posts Member
edited May 29
Hi guys,

I’m wondering if anyone else is finding the current Conquest event super hard compared to the previous events?

I’m finding that regardless of the teams I’m loosing health on every turn and every battle the enemy teams seem to take a ridiculous amount of chain attacks.

I’m wondering if this is intentional or a bug? I normally find the event rather enjoyable but this time I’m finding it was ridiculously difficult even on normal mode.

Many thanks

P
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

  • Kyno
    31653 posts Moderator
    I am following my same strategy of a feat focused team comp for both the sector and the event feats. I am a little surprised at how much I feel like I am noticing not having certain discs, which is harder, but nothing that is going to stop me in my tracks at this point finishing up sector 2.

    Where are you at?
  • Paul1994 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

    I’m wondering if anyone else is finding the current Conquest event super hard compared to the previous events?

    I’m finding that regardless of the teams I’m loosing health on every turn and every battle the enemy teams seem to take a ridiculous amount of chain attacks.

    I’m wondering if this is intentional or a bug? I normally find the event rather enjoyable but this time I’m finding it was ridiculously difficult even on normal mode.

    Many thanks

    P

    Losing health how? Losing max health or taking damage? If you’re running SLKR and have any of the TM gain discs equipped, it’s a detriment because you’ll lose max health each turn.

    I’ve noticed that the rebel enemy squads seem to completely ignore the percentage stated for their chains. I counted, last time I had Ezra take 27 attacks in a row. Took down my r7 KRU in one turn. 25% chance after the first bonus attack and they roll for 25 more? C’mon. Greedo’s 50% chance on a crit doesn’t roll NEARLY that much, ever. Makes me wonder if the code was input wrong and says “reduced BY 25%” instead of “reduced TO 25%.”
  • TVF
    30983 posts Member
    Why 3.5?
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Artumas
    203 posts Member
    I've noticed a few characters hitting... abnormally hard, like I'm pretty sure I saw an enemy BSF hit GK for 200k damage once on her first turn - And no, no one on the enemy team was dead, either.

    But other than that, it's seemed pretty much identical to previous conquests when I didn't have DCS yet. (which one of my 2 hard DCS conquests had terrible luck and didn't get one until either sector 4 or 5, so I have a lot of experience with that.)

    Made it to sector 5 hard boss tonight. Won't be fighting it until probably the day after tomorrow because I ran Rey entirely out of stamina on the way there, but aside from the random ridiculous damage output from a couple teams, it really didn't feel any more difficult than the last one, aside from the fact I didn't get the purple disk that overcharges my current build this time. (...not that it matters much, when it still generally lets me win before the enemies take turns if I use CLS - really starting to hate Hux though.)

    I do feel like I'm getting significantly less enemy variety this time though.
    Like half of my nodes were DR teams. Which really made stamina management on my rush through to sector 5 difficult.
  • I’ve been less lucky so far with opponent teams which made it harder in combination with not having the old deployable cooling combo. And also I’ve had enemies with overprepared lvl 3 modifier very early on which haven’t happened to me in the earlier conquests. So overall I’ve been forced to drain my GL teams stamina a lot more this time
  • Shadroth
    159 posts Member
    This time around I have a full team of g13 Troopers which has helped my progression. Lots of people sleep on IT but they are legit.
  • Ryconnan
    101 posts Member
    Paul1994 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

    I’m wondering if anyone else is finding the current Conquest event super hard compared to the previous events?

    I’m finding that regardless of the teams I’m loosing health on every turn and every battle the enemy teams seem to take a ridiculous amount of chain attacks.

    I’m wondering if this is intentional or a bug? I normally find the event rather enjoyable but this time I’m finding it was ridiculously difficult even on normal mode.

    Many thanks

    P

    Losing health how? Losing max health or taking damage? If you’re running SLKR and have any of the TM gain discs equipped, it’s a detriment because you’ll lose max health each turn.

    I’ve noticed that the rebel enemy squads seem to completely ignore the percentage stated for their chains. I counted, last time I had Ezra take 27 attacks in a row. Took down my r7 KRU in one turn. 25% chance after the first bonus attack and they roll for 25 more? C’mon. Greedo’s 50% chance on a crit doesn’t roll NEARLY that much, ever. Makes me wonder if the code was input wrong and says “reduced BY 25%” instead of “reduced TO 25%.”

    My KRU was taken out by Sabine in the same way on my alt. I suspect it’s a particular bug related to kru as hasn’t happened with anyone else and once he was dead the remaining FO cleared up no bother. 🤔
  • Kyno
    31653 posts Moderator
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    I am following my same strategy of a feat focused team comp for both the sector and the event feats. I am a little surprised at how much I feel like I am noticing not having certain discs, which is harder, but nothing that is going to stop me in my tracks at this point finishing up sector 2.
    I miss the sight of Yoda bouncing around like a Muppet on Mountain Dew. :'(

    now I am going to be picturing this all day. Muppets on Mountain Dew (sounds like a made for TV movie right there), not yoda.
  • TVF
    30983 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Why 3.5?

    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The first was exhibition so it doesn’t count? Maybe?
    And the .5 is the one that got pulled after a day due to the bug?
  • TVF
    30983 posts Member
    That's silly, but probably what OP was going for.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    31653 posts Moderator
    The first was exhibition so it doesn’t count? Maybe?
    And the .5 is the one that got pulled after a day due to the bug?

    they pulled 3 and then re-ran it.....so this would be 4.5 by that logic. IDK.
  • Scuttlebutt
    1187 posts Member
    Ryconnan wrote: »
    Paul1994 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

    I’m wondering if anyone else is finding the current Conquest event super hard compared to the previous events?

    I’m finding that regardless of the teams I’m loosing health on every turn and every battle the enemy teams seem to take a ridiculous amount of chain attacks.

    I’m wondering if this is intentional or a bug? I normally find the event rather enjoyable but this time I’m finding it was ridiculously difficult even on normal mode.

    Many thanks

    P

    Losing health how? Losing max health or taking damage? If you’re running SLKR and have any of the TM gain discs equipped, it’s a detriment because you’ll lose max health each turn.

    I’ve noticed that the rebel enemy squads seem to completely ignore the percentage stated for their chains. I counted, last time I had Ezra take 27 attacks in a row. Took down my r7 KRU in one turn. 25% chance after the first bonus attack and they roll for 25 more? C’mon. Greedo’s 50% chance on a crit doesn’t roll NEARLY that much, ever. Makes me wonder if the code was input wrong and says “reduced BY 25%” instead of “reduced TO 25%.”

    My KRU was taken out by Sabine in the same way on my alt. I suspect it’s a particular bug related to kru as hasn’t happened with anyone else and once he was dead the remaining FO cleared up no bother. 🤔

    I had the same issue with Phoenix too. First Ezra chain hit until he killed someone. I didn’t count, but it seemed like around 10 consecutive attacks. Then Sabine did it. Then Kanaan did it.

    For the first two, I just assumed that their multiple hits on basic was the reason I kept getting hit. When kanaan hit 6 times in a row, I just exited and then picked a GL to clear them.
  • Ryconnan wrote: »
    Paul1994 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

    I’m wondering if anyone else is finding the current Conquest event super hard compared to the previous events?

    I’m finding that regardless of the teams I’m loosing health on every turn and every battle the enemy teams seem to take a ridiculous amount of chain attacks.

    I’m wondering if this is intentional or a bug? I normally find the event rather enjoyable but this time I’m finding it was ridiculously difficult even on normal mode.

    Many thanks

    P

    Losing health how? Losing max health or taking damage? If you’re running SLKR and have any of the TM gain discs equipped, it’s a detriment because you’ll lose max health each turn.

    I’ve noticed that the rebel enemy squads seem to completely ignore the percentage stated for their chains. I counted, last time I had Ezra take 27 attacks in a row. Took down my r7 KRU in one turn. 25% chance after the first bonus attack and they roll for 25 more? C’mon. Greedo’s 50% chance on a crit doesn’t roll NEARLY that much, ever. Makes me wonder if the code was input wrong and says “reduced BY 25%” instead of “reduced TO 25%.”

    My KRU was taken out by Sabine in the same way on my alt. I suspect it’s a particular bug related to kru as hasn’t happened with anyone else and once he was dead the remaining FO cleared up no bother. 🤔
    Ezra might double tap and Sabine can hit up to 5 times with a single basic. The 25% is rerolled for each ot these attacks so if you get stuck in a Sabine "loop", chances are it is not going to end before the target dies.
  • They literally just changed up the teams you’d face, I dunno what you’re complainjng about it being stale. The fact that your old strategy doesn’t works anymore points to the fact they changed some things up, just not in the way that you in particular like.

    Are some of the modifiers annoying, like the damage reflection on GR teams? Yes. Can you work around it? Absolutely, provided you change up strategies a bit. Also with the teams you listed they’re fairly easy to beat so I don’t know what you’re using.... It’s fine if you don’t want to use your GLs but don’t complain when you have some difficulty with Conquest. Not using your own teams is your choice.
  • Yeah the Arc trooper at the end of round 2 has 400+ speed.
  • R5 characters, smashing the living daylights out of Full R7 DR team. I don’t even get a hit in.. Blantant grab to make you buy ridiculous speed boosters and stuff. Once again poor show CG!!
  • Kyno
    31653 posts Moderator
    R5 characters, smashing the living daylights out of Full R7 DR team. I don’t even get a hit in.. Blantant grab to make you buy ridiculous speed boosters and stuff. Once again poor show CG!!

    yes things are fast, and maybe they are trying to make boosters a little more of a common tool for players to grab, but why is it bad for them to want players to use the tools given?
  • the only teams they changed were teh boss nodes. They left every other team comp the same so I don't know what you're even talking about. Also they "changed them up" with teams you ALREADY FACE in conquest :joy: only teams they "added" were Rey and SLK. For 2 nodes.

    As for the second part of your comment. Yes, you're 100% right. Silly me using Traya vs geonosians. or NS vs geonosians. Or, most hilariously, DRevs vs Geonosians. We all know those are terrible counters that never work. Such crap teams. r7 Malak gets oneshot by an r5 geo spy but hey, Malak is an awful toon anyway. Really my own fault for even bothering to use him. What a waste of relic mats he was.

    I clearly have been beating them. You completely missed my point in your bid to tell me I'm incompetent. That modifier is completely and obscenely overused at this point and Conquest is becoming the new Galactic Challenge at an accelerated rate. Conquest was previously fun and used the full roster. Now it doesn't. Now it can't. CG's entire strategy in the game across every mode now is just to make it harder and give teh enemies obscene stats that we can't match or beat. With modifiers in play you'd think they wouldn't just do obscene power boosts, but that's exactly what they're relying on now for difficulty. It's lazy and removes all strategy from Conquest as a mode.

    I don’t know how you have trouble against Geos using Revan or Traya unless they’re low on stamina or the mods aren’t good... all those teams I can clear using Padme without any trouble. Sure they might go first some of the time but it’s never been an issue unless they’re below 50% stamina.
  • Kyno
    31653 posts Moderator
    Moorebid wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    R5 characters, smashing the living daylights out of Full R7 DR team. I don’t even get a hit in.. Blantant grab to make you buy ridiculous speed boosters and stuff. Once again poor show CG!!

    yes things are fast, and maybe they are trying to make boosters a little more of a common tool for players to grab, but why is it bad for them to want players to use the tools given?

    Because we'd rather buy CAT and Razor shards?

    resource management would allow for both, and I was only saying "want" because it is far from necessary to need to do so.

    again, not everyone is at the same level, and this is a progressive game mode. it is meant to grind players to a halt, and as they develop, they go further. having to choose how you manage the game mode as a whole should be more important than it is when "everyone" is getting the final crate.
  • Ryconnan wrote: »
    Paul1994 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

    I’m wondering if anyone else is finding the current Conquest event super hard compared to the previous events?

    I’m finding that regardless of the teams I’m loosing health on every turn and every battle the enemy teams seem to take a ridiculous amount of chain attacks.

    I’m wondering if this is intentional or a bug? I normally find the event rather enjoyable but this time I’m finding it was ridiculously difficult even on normal mode.

    Many thanks

    P

    Losing health how? Losing max health or taking damage? If you’re running SLKR and have any of the TM gain discs equipped, it’s a detriment because you’ll lose max health each turn.

    I’ve noticed that the rebel enemy squads seem to completely ignore the percentage stated for their chains. I counted, last time I had Ezra take 27 attacks in a row. Took down my r7 KRU in one turn. 25% chance after the first bonus attack and they roll for 25 more? C’mon. Greedo’s 50% chance on a crit doesn’t roll NEARLY that much, ever. Makes me wonder if the code was input wrong and says “reduced BY 25%” instead of “reduced TO 25%.”

    My KRU was taken out by Sabine in the same way on my alt. I suspect it’s a particular bug related to kru as hasn’t happened with anyone else and once he was dead the remaining FO cleared up no bother. 🤔
    Ezra might double tap and Sabine can hit up to 5 times with a single basic. The 25% is rerolled for each ot these attacks so if you get stuck in a Sabine "loop", chances are it is not going to end before the target dies.

    Yeah, but when Chopper hits SLKR so much his protection gets entirely depleted, it’s pure insanity. I get it’s a 1 in 4 shot to attack again for them, but there’s no way those are the real odds. Like I said, Greedo doesn’t have NEARLY the same chain length even if he crits every time.

    The probability of flipping tails 10 times in row is 1/1024, and that’s a 50% chance each flip. Ezra, even with his double tap, can chain together 27 total attacks with 25% odds? C’mon.
  • MasterSeedy
    3604 posts Member
    why is it bad for them to want players to use the tools given?

    Because they specifically took away the Data Disk that allowed people to compete?

    it's not THAT much of a problem that don't create infinite loops, but when you have Phoenix able to one shot multiple characters in a row before you can move, there's nothing interesting about that battle. Beating it isn't fun.

    For that matter, beating it with our own infinite loop teams wasn't that fun either, but we weren't complaining because even though that battle wasn't fun, if you got stuck you could use an infinite loop team to get past the team you're struggling with to reach new battles where you can have fun.

    Ridiculous speed + either one shot ability and/or infinite loops kills not just your toons, but also the fun. That's the real problem.

    As for the +Speed consumables, well, that's just a reward tax, isn't it? If you use those to make speeds competitive, you get back to a reasonable difficulty and fight your way through. Okay. but CG could also just give a bit less currency and make the speeds reasonable. What's the point?

    When speed was a data disk there was a strategic calculation: should I use Quicken disks? How many? The +Speed consumable option simply isn't of any strategic interest or complexity.

    The lack of fun is the problem. This is a game, fun should always be the priority.
  • Kyno
    31653 posts Moderator
    why is it bad for them to want players to use the tools given?

    Because they specifically took away the Data Disk that allowed people to compete?

    it's not THAT much of a problem that don't create infinite loops, but when you have Phoenix able to one shot multiple characters in a row before you can move, there's nothing interesting about that battle. Beating it isn't fun.

    For that matter, beating it with our own infinite loop teams wasn't that fun either, but we weren't complaining because even though that battle wasn't fun, if you got stuck you could use an infinite loop team to get past the team you're struggling with to reach new battles where you can have fun.

    Ridiculous speed + either one shot ability and/or infinite loops kills not just your toons, but also the fun. That's the real problem.

    As for the +Speed consumables, well, that's just a reward tax, isn't it? If you use those to make speeds competitive, you get back to a reasonable difficulty and fight your way through. Okay. but CG could also just give a bit less currency and make the speeds reasonable. What's the point?

    When speed was a data disk there was a strategic calculation: should I use Quicken disks? How many? The +Speed consumable option simply isn't of any strategic interest or complexity.

    The lack of fun is the problem. This is a game, fun should always be the priority.

    but isn't this assuming that "top end" "end game" or whatever term you want to give, rosters are "not able to complete it"?

    not everyone is at the top end, and for a progressive game mode, it should give players problems when progressing. I'm not saying it should be this way for everyone, and its not, players are already talking about sector 5 and stuff.

    increasing the difficulty by removing the discs and any other changes isn't always bad, and yes it can stink to be in the cusp where that was "the way to get by" and now its not there, but what's the point of a progressive game mode, if "everyone" can just beat it.

    so yes I guess you could consider it a tax for players who are having issues, and it would be a little odd to have the rewards lowered for lower GPs just to account for this.

    consumables are usage dependent, and "limited", but can help a player get through a tough spot. that may not be strategic to you, but i'm sure players use them strategically.

    personally, I find difficulty fun, but that is just me. I also enjoy having to mess around with team comp to fill as many feats as I can and still get max stars/rewards. I know that's not for everyone.
  • Artumas
    203 posts Member
    Leader stat buff disk is still +speed, and that effects a LOT of teams - DR getting +20%+ speed is a very notable difference, for example. And it can make running vader as lead instead of under palp lead better in many cases.

    The "gain TM on enemy dropping below 100% hp" is absurd on CLS teams - Han can trigger it off of his starting move, which grants your entire team the ability to outrun the enemy team as they just gained a ton of TM when the enemy team is at 0.

    And believe it or not, but a 310+ speed vader with 100% stamina can still relatively effectively outspeed even sector 4 and 5 phoenix teams, due to how his unique interacts with them.

    Surprise, surprise, a mode designed to "test" your entire roster, actually has uses for most top end teams, and ways for them to perform much better than others in various circumstances.

    I made it to the hard sector 5 boss already. I have only 1 node that I ~might~ have issues 3*ing.
    I didn't use a single booster, and only swapped like 4-5 disks out due to getting significantly better ones later on.

    If these speeds were "reasonable" (they're barely different than half the galactic challenge fights, tbh... bosses aside), it wouldn't even be a situation where I'd have to use half my teams, because stuff like a 348 speed DR would just straight delete everything, just like it does in stuff like grand arena or TW.

    I prefer actually having to think about matchups, and understanding synergy, etc.
    The way conquest currently is, is WAY more fun for me, than it would be if I just facerolled everything by swapping my best speed set from team to team in order to freely outspeed literally anything. Because if that was the case, even my G12 geos would be beating sector 5 R8 teams without any risk.

    And hey, Conquest is finally something that somewhat forces people to pay attention to mods. Something I've definitely thought we need more stuff forcing people to pay attention to them, as the amount of people in grand arena, TW, and even squad arena that I've seen with zero speed DRs and defense modded Hans is... way, way higher than it should be.
This discussion has been closed.