Duplicate Data Disks in one Stockpile

Prev1
th3evo
358 posts Member
Why is this still happening? I believe it was acknowledged as a bug during the first Conquest.
It's not an ideal screenshot but there are two Decay:TM Disks of the same rarity.
GaIo0mf.png

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Are they both 5%?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Are they both 5%?

Yes, same rarity means same stats.
    7L8bvEO.png
  • CaroCanon
    200 posts Member
    gxvmc2wxhv13.png
    It’s happened to me at least once this conquest too.
  • Ryconnan
    168 posts Member
    I believe they said they would look at it but didn’t say it was a bug.

For truly random disks this can happen.

As I understand it the plan was too come up with a different slightly less random way to do it but this hasn’t been done yet.

Not sure if they have said it’s even possible yet just that they would look at it. 👍
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yeah, I pinged Crumb about this, and he said it was not implemented yet, and he would look for an update.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    For CG, acknowledged doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be fixed...
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I had 3 copies of the same disk in S1 (one of the new disks) on one node, with the alternative being a jawa selling consumables ... so I had literally no choice in the disk I was to pick up that time.

It's bad enough to have the same disk offered in 2 different slots, but when there are only 3 slots available (not 6) and all 3 are taken up by the same disk, that's when I start feeling robbed.
    Post edited by MasterSeedy on
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I had 3 copies of the same disk in S1 (one of the new disks) on one node, with the alternative being a jawa selling consumables ... so I had literally no choice in the disk I was to pick up that time.

It's bad enough to have the same disk offered in 2 different slots, but when there are only 3 slots available (not 6) and all 3 are taken up by the same disk, that's when I start getting feeling robbed.

Makes the decision making easier
  • Now that's true.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Agreed. They did manage to remove the data disk that helped the players but couldn't get around to the duplicate disk bug or adding a counter for feats.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    It’s worse than ever. I got duplicates almost every disk node. I reported it as a bug in the bug report even if they already know that just to increase the priority to fix this
  • Nauros wrote: »

«Bug has been acknowledged» = «stop bugging us about it!»
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Jefferx wrote: »
    It’s worse than ever.

No it isn't you just got worse RNG.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    It’s working as it is designed.... so they took my comments as feedback not issue. Hope they will change that in the future

ix9ho3lxferp.png
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    It’s working as it is designed.... so they took my comments as feedback not issue. Hope they will change that in the future

ix9ho3lxferp.png
    Kyno wrote: »
    Yeah, I pinged Crumb about this, and he said it was not implemented yet, and he would look for an update.

Soooooo, what's going on here?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    th3evo wrote: »

ix9ho3lxferp.png
    Kyno wrote: »

Soooooo, what's going on here?

Miscommunication, maybe. IDK, I will ping Crumb about this.
  • Ryconnan wrote: »
    I believe they said they would look at it but didn’t say it was a bug.

For truly random disks this can happen.

As I understand it the plan was too come up with a different slightly less random way to do it but this hasn’t been done yet.

Not sure if they have said it’s even possible yet just that they would look at it. 👍

So..... Randomness has parameters in the terms of programming and what is "true random" vs. predictable.

Deciding if a list of random things can repeat or not, that is also possible.

Deciding if a list of random things cannot have identical results, that is also possible.

I believe the "correct" method is going to be to update this one of two methods.
    1. Primaries on cards cannot repeat. This means you cannot get 2 cards of the same name.
    2. secondaries on cards cannot repeat. This means you can get the same card, but not the same card and identical rarity.
  • Jefferx wrote: »

ix9ho3lxferp.png

This is to be expected as a reply on the QA side. It isn't a "bug" but is specifically what the design entails. (see the post above).

The question we have and examples have been brought forth since day 1 on conquest here as well as on the swgoh events discord "suggestions" channel, is that it needs to be addressed in the eyes of the players. We need a developer response to this issue.
  • Kudlaty
    106 posts Member
    btn5xghvir08.jpeg
    Freedom of choice is everything ;)
  • Kudlaty wrote: »
    btn5xghvir08.jpeg
    Freedom of choice is everything ;)

I would go with the 2.5% TM gain but that's just me.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Lol WAI....not only do we get RNG the entire conquest in what data disks we have access to, which gives some players a much easier time than others, but also run the “WAI” RNG of getting 3 of the same data disks in one slot, whether it’s after a boss or the middle of a sector....lovely
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    83d7183chqk1.png

Also, the best disk I’ve gotten so far was a blue Leaders Resolve heading into Sector 4, because RNG
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    pnl7xknizjh3.jpeg
    3x this conquest. Only took a picture of it once.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    Yep. it seems like Convor's Agility is being pushed. I don't know that it is, could just be my RNG, but once I got Convor's Agility as my only disk choice (the other slot at that point was a Jawa Merchant) and another time I got 4 Convor's Agility disks + 2 of the 25% Protection UP disks spread over the two nodes. I guess I got lucky because one of the Convor's Agility was a better rarity than the others, so I went with that.

I tell you what would be an interesting disk set, though. We've got that terrible new purple disk that gives you foresight, but nothing else? What if instead of that disk you had one that caused enemies that miss an attack against you to lose X% Health? Either max health or just take it as damage (which would go to protection first, even if the damage is calculated based on health). Load up on 4x Convor's agility & you have better than 20% chance to dodge, possibly as high as 30%. Pick a team that gets some foresight here & there and now you have an interesting battle.

The best part would be trying to time it so you can GMY some foresight to your whole team just before the other side AoEs.

It would also have people running QGJ leadership again. I mean, you could run Old Ben's leadership right now with Convor's Agility, but I don't think it would be nearly as powerful as dealing damage to the enemy, since that would provide an alternate way to attack GR opponents.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Yep. it seems like Convor's Agility is being pushed. I don't know that it is, could just be my RNG, but once I got Convor's Agility as my only disk choice (the other slot at that point was a Jawa Merchant) and another time I got 4 Convor's Agility disks + 2 of the 25% Protection UP disks spread over the two nodes. I guess I got lucky because one of the Convor's Agility was a better rarity than the others, so I went with that.

I tell you what would be an interesting disk set, though. We've got that terrible new purple disk that gives you foresight, but nothing else? What if instead of that disk you had one that caused enemies that miss an attack against you to lose X% Health? Either max health or just take it as damage (which would go to protection first, even if the damage is calculated based on health). Load up on 4x Convor's agility & you have better than 20% chance to dodge, possibly as high as 30%. Pick a team that gets some foresight here & there and now you have an interesting battle.

The best part would be trying to time it so you can GMY some foresight to your whole team just before the other side AoEs.

It would also have people running QGJ leadership again. I mean, you could run Old Ben's leadership right now with Convor's Agility, but I don't think it would be nearly as powerful as dealing damage to the enemy, since that would provide an alternate way to attack GR opponents.

It's good to know purple discs still exist. I'm done with 3 sectors and haven't seen one yet.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • 8h84x62xq1t0.jpg
    I know the feeling of repeated discs all too well
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Each slot (top, middle, bottom) should have 5 or 6 completely different discs to randomize from. This way all 3 will be different no matter what. That's not to say that they won't repeat at other spots throughout the conquest, but it really eliminates the chance of having all 3 be the same at any given time. And as they create more discs they can add them to randomize in each slot.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    Each slot (top, middle, bottom) should have 5 or 6 completely different discs to randomize from. This way all 3 will be different no matter what. That's not to say that they won't repeat at other spots throughout the conquest, but it really eliminates the chance of having all 3 be the same at any given time. And as they create more discs they can add them to randomize in each slot.

If we really need to explain to the developers how to randomize without duplication, we're in a lot more trouble than I thought.

• twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

If we really need to explain to the developers how to randomize without duplication, we're in a lot more trouble than I thought.

giphy.gif