Replies

• nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Original Chart released
    w42c2dkod5sl.png
    Chart Released today
    l8jon0ikch9j.png
    Div 2 - After update (see score to get to kyber, red arrow above)
    yn1c3j80ax8p.png
    Div 1 - After update (see score above to get to kyber)
    t0x32on174ly.png

@Kyno @CG_SBCrumb Can we get a clarification on which chart is accurate with respect to the PTS to kyber promotion?
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Either something wrong in charts or I don't understand the logic behind this (if there is any). New 5v5 squad numbers is 7 for three divisions, then sudden jump to 9 - why? Is 8 the unlucky number or something? New score chart is exactly same as the old one - is it really true?
  • hope the balancing will be now better... so that you wont face as f2player (who hardly unlock his first chimaera from tharwn or 7* ship) againts a p2w player who has unlocks all ships on 7* only because of that you have the same GM from 2m or so..
  • Am I correct in understanding:
    Previously: 3.1M GP = 6 Squad, 1 Ship
    Upcoming: 3.1M GP = 7 Squad, 2 Ship

I'm curious why the move in this direction?

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    Original Chart released
    w42c2dkod5sl.png
    Chart Released today
    l8jon0ikch9j.png
    Div 2 - After update (see score to get to kyber, red arrow above)
    yn1c3j80ax8p.png
    Div 1 - After update (see score above to get to kyber)
    t0x32on174ly.png

Kyno CG_SBCrumb Can we get a clarification on which chart is accurate with respect to the PTS to kyber promotion?

Yes, I checked. It is correct.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Hortus wrote: »
    Either something wrong in charts or I don't understand the logic behind this (if there is any). New 5v5 squad numbers is 7 for three divisions, then sudden jump to 9 - why? Is 8 the unlucky number or something? New score chart is exactly same as the old one - is it really true?

There are a few slight changes
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    BagelBig wrote: »
    Am I correct in understanding:
    Previously: 3.1M GP = 6 Squad, 1 Ship
    Upcoming: 3.1M GP = 7 Squad, 2 Ship

I'm curious why the move in this direction?

To push roster development.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    My alt goes from one fleet to two. Dislike.

You could've developed 4 fleets by now.

Sure I could have. Could I have also known that I didn't have until I reached 3.8m to do so? As of two days ago I had until 3.8m, just as I have had since GAC started.

They originally made it one fleet for way higher GP. The correction was an overcorrection by pushing the bar for 2 fleets down even farther than it is now. What's the reasoning for that?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Sure I could have. Could I have also known that I didn't have until I reached 3.8m to do so? As of two days ago I had until 3.8m, just as I have had since GAC started.

They originally made it one fleet for way higher GP. The correction was an overcorrection by pushing the bar for 2 fleets down even farther than it is now. What's the reasoning for that?

Because they feel it puts players in an even spot, that some can use development strategies to overcome, and even use to their advantage.

Higher, further, faster..... nope, sorry, wrong galaxy.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Because they feel it puts players in an even spot, that some can use development strategies to overcome, and even use to their advantage.

So why not 2m? Why not 1m?

I want to know the thought process that originally led them to think 6m should only set 1 fleet and now decide even 3.8m isn't low enough to require 2.

I'd feel better if they said the 1 fleet for 6m was a typo.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I want to know the thought process that originally led them to think 6m should only set 1 fleet and now decide even 3.8m isn't low enough to require 2.

Orginally it was 3.8, they felt that it works down at the range of 3.1, for the reasons I said.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

Orginally it was 3.8, they felt that it works down at the range of 3.1, for the reasons I said.

Right but two weeks ago they didn't think it worked up at 6m.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Right but two weeks ago they didn't think it worked up at 6m.

We didnt discuss the thinking behind that change, so I have no idea what the thought process was. We did discuss this change, so that's all I can speak to.
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1772 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I would wager that it was an oversight/mistake that the original GAC changes announcement would have 2 fleets on defense in only the new Div 1/2.
    Post edited by Ragnarok_COTF on
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member

Yes, I see now - 50 points for some bronzium and chromium leagues. As if it matters... because you anyway can get there just by pressing "join" button once a week and then do nothing.

But "changes" for Kyber means that one can get there by winning approximately one out of 3 battles. "Top league", huh.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

Yes, I see now - 50 points for some bronzium and chromium leagues. As if it matters... because you anyway can get there just by pressing "join" button once a week and then do nothing.

But "changes" for Kyber means that one can get there by winning approximately one out of 3 battles. "Top league", huh.

I see the changes to Kyber scoring as a benefit to the players. Top league is really in the top of leaderboard and lifetime scores imo. Kyber to me just gives you more rewards, and having a lower threshold might engage a few more people from joining and auto-deploying (creating a more “fun” experience).

If the thresholds change to what was previously announced as changes, I would also understand.
  • As someone who has way too many ships it 3.6m thank you.🤣🤣
  • I like the changes...more effort (additional battles) should mean easier to make full rewards. The rewards are meh anyway so who cares if more folks hit kyber.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Yeah, we are waiting for them to get into the office to dive in a little, it seems that the numbers in the chart are not matching what is in the game data. So we are waiting to see what the deal is.
  • There was some discussion about updating the promotion rewards to be the same or better. Is the information about the promotion rewards available at this time so I can make a choice between the two divisions I could be in?
  • Kyno wrote: »

What is correct? I posted the old and new chart.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    nabokovfan wrote: »

What is correct? I posted the old and new chart.

We know the old chart is correct, dont we?

Before you asked we asked the same question and were told the new one is correct, but that has since been questioned for other reasons, and we are waiting on a response.
  • Narkny
    22 posts Member
    You need 2 fleets on defense when at 3.1M GP? As in 4 fleets total to compete in GAC (2 for offense and 2 for defense)? What?
    Why this sudden move? That's absolutely ridiculous. Please keep it at 3.8M GP as before. Don't force this overwhelming change on 3.1M GP players that are nowhere near having 4 fully competing fleets to utilize in GAC on such short notice.
  • my alt is 3.6 mil. my opponents barely can put one fleet on D and kill my fleet. And now CG is forcing them to have 4 fleets overnight? That's rough. Especially on the lower GPs around 3.1 mil.
  • I just noticed that the GAC has started in game. Is this a day earlier than normal? If so, won't that mean that the fights will happen on Tue/Thur/Sat instead of Wed/Fri/Sun which will throw off all of the content creator schedules that have been built around the event?
  • Narkny wrote: »
    You need 2 fleets on defense when at 3.1M GP? As in 4 fleets total to compete in GAC (2 for offense and 2 for defense)? What?
    Why this sudden move? That's absolutely ridiculous. Please keep it at 3.8M GP as before. Don't force this overwhelming change on 3.1M GP players that are nowhere near having 4 fully competing fleets to utilize in GAC on such short notice.

I hope so. I thought my roster was getting gimped in Div 5 with only 1 defense. I put those resources in 4 fleets for a reason.
  • betinajessen
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I saw the increases but am unsure about how the relationship between the old and new divisions works.
    Can we get a post with the updated number of squads and fleets for each division in 5v5 and 3v3?
    Post edited by betinajessen on
  • I saw the increases but am unsure about how the relationship between the old and new divisions works.
    Can we get a post with the updated number of squads and fleets for each division in 5v5 and 3v3?
    There is a post for that.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/245470/content-update-05-26-2021#latest
  • What the .... I'm in Division 7 (3,5M GP) and now I need to place 2 fleets on defense....

That's a mistak I assume
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    TeJoRe wrote: »
    What the .... I'm in Division 7 (3,5M GP) and now I need to place 2 fleets on defense....

That's a mistak I assume

No its not.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg