Conquest Tier 5 Boss

Replies

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    basing strategies around disc-swapping is becoming a suboptimal strategy for Conquest, unfortunately.

You are about to eject this disk: Are you sure? (Y/N)
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    With a bit of planning someone could stack the disc that grants TM and deals damage per turn.... dangerous strategy but could be interesting.

Sure, as long as you can get past the 800 speed SLKR and Hux and even Sith Trooper that all take turns first! (or is that just TM loading done again for the one millionth time?)

I'd be curious how many times the devs played each boss and with what teams (that weren't "built" by them prior to doing the mission, but done with normal player available mods).

There's still a week left so I'm sure Skelturix will come up with a couple teams for it at least. He just did Sector 4 boss (Rey).

Each turn they would lose max health and max protection, and be taking damage..... I knows it's a silly strategy, but one that can be built on the discs and just needing to survive..... just having fun.

I could be wrong, but doesn’t volatile hyperaccelerator give speed bonus, not TM bonus, to the enemy?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    With a bit of planning someone could stack the disc that grants TM and deals damage per turn.... dangerous strategy but could be interesting.

Sure, as long as you can get past the 800 speed SLKR and Hux and even Sith Trooper that all take turns first! (or is that just TM loading done again for the one millionth time?)

I'd be curious how many times the devs played each boss and with what teams (that weren't "built" by them prior to doing the mission, but done with normal player available mods).

There's still a week left so I'm sure Skelturix will come up with a couple teams for it at least. He just did Sector 4 boss (Rey).

Each turn they would lose max health and max protection, and be taking damage..... I knows it's a silly strategy, but one that can be built on the discs and just needing to survive..... just having fun.

Which means you need to use specific discs that some people might not have pop up as options. Add to that, you have to spend precious currency to remove discs to add others, which you need for CAT shards.

This is a great point as well. People are recommending specific data disc's - I'm almost through sector 5 and haven't even seen a 4 dot disc of any type. Not only is swapping discs suboptimal from a character currency standpoint, but it's also rng dependant based on what discs you had access to.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

Which means you need to use specific discs that some people might not have pop up as options. Add to that, you have to spend precious currency to remove discs to add others, which you need for CAT shards.

This is a great point as well. People are recommending specific data disc's - I'm almost through sector 5 and haven't even seen a 4 dot disc of any type. Not only is swapping discs suboptimal from a character currency standpoint, but it's also rng dependant based on what discs you had access to.

I have that problem as well, for the rey battle you really need a potency calibration, but by the time I knew you needed that I was halfway through sector 4 and after that I didn't encounter one
    I killed him with Jedi Revan, JML, JKL, GAS and Wat, 3 stars and two feats done (all alive, health recovery).
    Beware: if you use disks that remove TM to damaged enemies, they’ll become unkillable!
    ... and he applies marked to my character, not one of his allies.

I don't think I have any TM disks. i'll check. I only 1*d it this morning. It was really gross. I can auto arena with JML and it's like CG gave SLK steroids or something.
    Try killing Hux first, then SiT etc

that's what I always do. so it was really weird my arena team with best mods was getting hammered. i'll check my disks maybe that's my problem.

....and hopefully you have enough currency left to swap them. ;)

I don't spend all my currency. I bought all the CAT shards available and still have 800 left. I haven't bought any gear with my credits this time. CG doesn't want me to develop my roster given how much I've had to blow re-arranging my disks. They need to drop the price for removing them if they're going to just give us the same feats all the time with different bosses being the only change because Rey and SLK with these feats is even more rough than JML and GLEE were.
  • Kyno wrote: »

But you need that disk and I don't know about you but I was offered very little variety in my data disks as I moved across the board. Instead I was faced with 3 of the same disk, or in many cases 2 of the same disk with one other one I've already seen 8 of. this was the least disk-diverse conquest I've seen so far.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

But you need that disk and I don't know about you but I was offered very little variety in my data disks as I moved across the board. Instead I was faced with 3 of the same disk, or in many cases 2 of the same disk with one other one I've already seen 8 of. this was the least disk-diverse conquest I've seen so far.

And I did check, Volatile Hyperaccelerator doesn’t feed TM, if feeds 5% speed so SLKR wouldn’t lose max health/protection with that disk anyway.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Given the new currency "demands" of the latest Ahsoka (which will likely be the model moving forward), basing strategies around disc-swapping is becoming a suboptimal strategy for Conquest, unfortunately.

It depends how it plays out. They are not likely to keep a new toon rolling out every 3 months, so if there is a gap between toons, you have more than enough time to build up a buffer. Also you could build on that strategy the whole time if you really wanted.

I agree you dont want to be spending currency inefficiently, but 3 discs a GCon would mean 5 months to equal 5 stun guns. Pretty sure over 5 months I miss out on more than 5 stun guns just from missing a store rotation. So it can all be seen as a balance of what a player wants to do.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    It's also only 5 per swap. 50 per conquest won't break the bank if you're smart about spending. I came into this conquest with 3k stored up and am still around 2.8k after buying all the CAT shards and getting through all the sectors.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    It's also only 5 per swap. 50 per conquest won't break the bank if you're smart about spending. I came into this conquest with 3k stored up and am still around 2.8k after buying all the CAT shards and getting through all the sectors.

So you spent more conquest credits than you earned for this conquest?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    TVF wrote: »

Sure. I'm not suggesting that players can't "play around it" or compensate for it. I'm just suggesting it's a poor design choice from a player experience perspective, and frankly, players having to "play around" bad design choices/consistent bugs is becoming an all-too-common theme for this game. Whether it was the awful mechanics in the first iterations of Challenge Pit, TW matchmaking with uneven numbers of participants, Assault Battles that eat 40+ minutes between multiple 8 stage runs and remodding when they were 3 starred years ago, TM-removal Feats that are blind guessing games without a counter, etc.

Just yesterday my 15 year old asked me if I have ever considered quitting SWGOH. My reply was "Lately? I think about it ever day - but, I probably won't because Star Wars." He laughed - but then asked me straight up if it wasn't Star Wars would I. I said "Years ago."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Fair point, but at this rate I won't have to worry about it for over a year.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Sure. I'm not suggesting that players can't "play around it" or compensate for it. I'm just suggesting it's a poor design choice from a player experience perspective, and frankly, players having to "play around" bad design choices/consistent bugs is becoming an all-too-common theme for this game.

"Bad design choice" is your opinion. They obviously want people to be judicious in making disc changes. I'm not against removing the cost, I just don't like the complaints that it somehow breaks the bank to have it be 5 per swap.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member

Part of that is the overpricing on CAT shards though. It'll be around a neutral shift in currency taking that into account, plus TVF is now 6% of the way to unlocking CAT.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Part of that is the overpricing on CAT shards though. It'll be around a neutral shift in currency taking that into account, plus TVF is now 6% of the way to unlocking CAT.

Ha I forgot about the pricing issue, good point.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    It depends how it plays out. They are not likely to keep a new toon rolling out every 3 months, so if there is a gap between toons, you have more than enough time to build up a buffer. Also you could build on that strategy the whole time if you really wanted.

I agree you dont want to be spending currency inefficiently, but 3 discs a GCon would mean 5 months to equal 5 stun guns. Pretty sure over 5 months I miss out on more than 5 stun guns just from missing a store rotation. So it can all be seen as a balance of what a player wants to do.

Didn't the devs explicitly state that the reason for the low cap on Conquest currency was to disincentive hoarding? If so 'hoard the currency' is not an appropriate response to a poorly balanced Conquest currency economy, or the more related and more pertinent complaint that it feels bad to experiment with/swap in discs because of how tight the economy is if we want the new shiny things. The game mode seems designed to encourage experimentation and replacement of discs, but the conquest economy, as they've updated it, prohibits or punishes just that.

As of yet, there is no way to monetize conquest currency, so it's not like this bottleneck/tension of choosing between having fun enjoying the game mode with experimentation/waiting an entire month longer for CAT is making CG money, it's just a feels-bad for the player experience. I think the more compassionate response would be "I hear that you're all getting less enjoyment out of this game mode because of the cost of swapping discs. I acknowledge your feelings and see your arguments. This currency is not tied to in game purchases, so I'll put a bug in the devs ear about the possibility of removing the cost to swap out discs, since it would be a PR win, improve the player experience in their new game mode, and cost them literally nothing."
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

Sure. I'm not suggesting that players can't "play around it" or compensate for it. I'm just suggesting it's a poor design choice from a player experience perspective, and frankly, players having to "play around" bad design choices/consistent bugs is becoming an all-too-common theme for this game.

"Bad design choice" is your opinion. They obviously want people to be judicious in making disc changes. I'm not against removing the cost, I just don't like the complaints that it somehow breaks the bank to have it be 5 per swap.

Bad design choice isn't an opinion it's a fact. Tell me a single positive thing that the swap cost brings to the conquest.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2021

There are other (and I would argue, better from a player experience point of view) ways to encourage people to be judicious about changing discs. For one, they could use a form of currency that is available in other ways. Honestly, given CG's tendency to monetize virtually everything in the game, I was shocked that disc-swapping didn't require a currency that could be purchased with real money. Especially since "Let the whales figure it out with money, then post about, post vids, etc." has typically been the path of the game.

So, yes, I will concede that "bad design choice" is my opinion. But from what perspective is it a good design choice? Certainly not from a business perspective (i.e. CG's) since it's not monetized. I'll hang up and listen for my answer.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »

Bad design choice isn't an opinion it's a fact. Tell me a single positive thing that the swap cost brings to the conquest.

People not liking something doesn't make it bad design. The game requires choices and this is one of them.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

There are other (and I would argue, better from a player experience point of view) ways to encourage people to be judicious about changing discs. For one, they could use a form of currency that is available in other ways. Honestly, given CG's tendency to monetize virtually everything in the game, I was shocked that disc-swapping didn't require a currency that could be purchased with real money. Especially since "Let the whales figure it out with money, then post about, post vids, etc." has typically been the path of the game.

So, yes, I will concede that "bad design choice" is my opinion. But from what perspective is it a good design choice? Certainly not from a business perspective (i.e. CG's) since it's not monetized. I'll hang up and listen for my answer.

I don't have an opinion on it being a "good" choice. As I said I'm not against them changing it. But I can see their perspective. And the fact that it doesn't require crystals or money actually makes it more player friendly.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »

People not liking something doesn't make it bad design. The game requires choices and this is one of them.

If something doesn't bring anything positive to the game then that's a bad design. The game requiring choices is fine but in Conquest it's a bit too convoluted.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Didn't the devs explicitly state that the reason for the low cap on Conquest currency was to disincentive hoarding? If so 'hoard the currency' is not an appropriate response to a poorly balanced Conquest currency economy, or the more related and more pertinent complaint that it feels bad to experiment with/swap in discs because of how tight the economy is if we want the new shiny things. The game mode seems designed to encourage experimentation and replacement of discs, but the conquest economy, as they've updated it, prohibits or punishes just that.

As of yet, there is no way to monetize conquest currency, so it's not like this bottleneck/tension of choosing between having fun enjoying the game mode with experimentation/waiting an entire month longer for CAT is making CG money, it's just a feels-bad for the player experience. I think the more compassionate response would be "I hear that you're all getting less enjoyment out of this game mode because of the cost of swapping discs. I acknowledge your feelings and see your arguments. This currency is not tied to in game purchases, so I'll put a bug in the devs ear about the possibility of removing the cost to swap out discs, since it would be a PR win, improve the player experience in their new game mode, and cost them literally nothing."

They said to prevent "massive hoarding", and by no means did I suggest hoarding, just managing your resources. Which as always is a major part of the game.

It by no means makes management of your currency and the ability to shuffle your discs a punishment or even hard.

We have been discussing this for a while and the cost was much higher. The cost that we have now is where things settled.

As this mode settles in and we see the cadence of toons going through, I imagine more players will be using swaps as a way to manage the currency to stay away from the cap. The gear is infrequent and cheap, thia game mode has a rather large income and a decent frequency. RC being at a different rate is what threw things off, where CAT is at will likely speed up the spending cycle for a bit, but then settle back down as many players will unlock her and have an abundance.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Also, I have been putting the bug in their ear about this. I am not a fan of the cost either. But I cant make any promises beyond spreading the word, which I have been doing.

TBF, I dont let the cost ruin my fun. I have moved at least one disc in each run.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Oh yeah another good point I forgot to mention, I had to spend some currency (bought two consumables and one mk3 carb) to avoid capping before I reached the first CAT node.

I
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Also, I have been putting the bug in their ear about this. I am not a fan of the cost either. But I cant make any promises beyond spreading the word, which I have been doing.

TBF, I dont let the cost ruin my fun. I have moved at least one disc in each run.

Speaking of bugs in their ear, is there any reason why the boss feats weren't changed when they changed the bosses? I figured when they announced new bosses that meant new boss feats so I was very surprised that they're the exact same and actually incredibly more difficult in Rey and SLK's case for at least 1 of their feats. the Crit one in particular for SLK. Yes I was disappointed the event and sector feats were the same but that the boss feats stayed the same was very strange from my perspective.
  • Jedi_Rework
    27 posts Member
    edited May 2021

I Mean JKL ability to swap speed with enemies. You get the blue speed icon above their heads. That never happened when JKL does first turn
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    I Mean JKL ability to swap speed with enemies. You get the blue speed icon above their heads. That never happened when JKL does first turn

@Jedi_Rework It is prevented (and stated in the ability description) when a Galactic Legend is on the enemy team.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »

@Jedi_Rework It is prevented (and stated in the ability description) when a Galactic Legend is on the enemy team.

Well crap. Guess I can't read too good then.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Jedi_Rework It is prevented (and stated in the ability description) when a Galactic Legend is on the enemy team.

Well crap. Guess I can't read too good then.

Easy to miss. It's a wordy ability.

Regarding Saviour, if JKR isn't in the leader slot Saviour won't save him. If he dies first the ability dies with him, so no one benefits from it.