Kenobi requirements [MERGE]

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I think bad Batch is unlikely. Traditionally, one more marquee character should drop

Since we have passed the deadline for a marquee to launch and be farmable (8 weeks min), before the rough timeline we have seen for GL release (2-3 weeks after final requirements). Another marquee dropping for GL Ken is not likely at this point.

Agreed, however they have moved up farming windows for GLs before.

Earlier than a minimum stated for an event or character release?

Earlier than the established marquee farming window.

I forgot Piett. My bad.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Cody is a given, JKA or GAS a high possibility. They could design one of the stages around GK + GAS working together to fight some seperatists. Spy being the login character could be a hint to one of the Geos showing up at the JMK requirements - GBA and Spy would be the good relic options, SF, Poggle and Soldier the bad ones. Jango and Dooku are also possible.

R3 Cody
    R8 GAS
    R3 Poggle
    R5 Jango
    R7 Dooku
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I wonder if they could drop a journey-type Maul with the next announcement? Or EC.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Pile wrote: »
    Bro if you don't have wat by now it means 2 things, 1 you are a new player, 2 you are not serious about this game, it's the easiest character to farm, our guild has been doing 50 shards every single month once everyone got brute and gear 12 everyone, yeah gear 12 don't even need to be reliced.

Or you were loyal to a guild that was not strong enough for a long time. I am far from new, I am also serious, but I cared more about my current guild than joining a stronger one for stuff like that. I was also much later than many players in getting Han/General Kenobi/Traya, though I did finally finish all of those thankfully.

I haven't unlocked either Wat (28/80) or the Negotiator (115/145), though I am finally making progress on them. My General Kenobi is also stuck at R7 for the time being. The others revealed so far are done.

If youre loyal to a guild that can't accomplish 7* Wat in over 2 years then you are not a "serious" player. Wat is one of the best plug and play characters and helps in so many areas its insane. By hanging around a guild that is not able to do that mission effectively, you have short changed your own roster and in turn stunted your own growth.

To be fair, that’s a fine choice, but if you decide that’s the route you want to go (staying in a non-Wat completion guild), then you have to accept the consequences as well.

My alt started focusing gear on Geos (3 were G8, 1 G10 & 1 G11 at Wat requirement announcement) and will likely be able to beat the mission next month (already at 1 G12, 2 G11, 1 G9 & 1 G8). It just takes focus on the goal if you want something. BTW, I don’t pay with this account and took time away from the game so I only get 100 crystals daily in arena & fleet arena rewards combined. I play this account to hang out with the guild I was in when I moved my main account to a guild where it truly “belonged.”
  • Bad batch wouldn't make much sense in terms of linked to kenobi but as requirements for a galactic legend they definitely would.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    I honestly don't care what others think about my seriousness. I've certainly put enough time and effort into the game. Guild stuff is just one aspect of the game, and one that had much less content locked behind it when I started (I started around when General Kenobi was added to the game). I've accepted that I'll always be behind players who stuck with higher end guilds, I've ignored everyone who tried to convince me to change guilds, when I've mentioned this sort of thing before.

That said, we have been getting considerably stronger lately. The slowness comes from the earlier days, when me and the leader the only members of any strength. That period lasted much longer than it should have, but we are past it now. Though it is still going to be some time before we are ready to farm Ki Adi shards or do the challenge pit raid.

If you’re proud to be in your guild then more power to you. I get the frustration about JMK being locked behind WAT but it is far easier than KAM. G12 Geo’s is by far easier than R5 shak clones with very specific modding.

While you get the Wat Shards as a guild, each of you focus on a different GL. Whoever you guys fancy. Or if you have other priorities like DR, GAS, etc, do those. We still have no idea what the plan is for the second GL coming later in the year, or even have JMK kit and optimum synergies. We gotta wait and see.
  • Hardcase76
    13 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I think it’s gonna be Cody, Yoda, Maul, Jedi Knight Anakin and Jango or Poggle.

I’m gonna predict the Dark Side GL for prequels will be Vader (pre suit) which will likely require characters such as KAM, Plo, Kit ( Order 66 theme), Dooku and Asajj, GAS, Padme, Ahsoka and Arc trooper, etc. Maybe another Jedi like Saesee Tiin as the farm character. Probably Maleovlence as well.
  • Hardcase76 wrote: »

I’m gonna predict the Dark Side GL for prequels will be Vader (pre suit) which will likely require characters such as KAM, Plo, Kit ( Order 66 theme), Dooku and Asajj, GAS, Padme, Ahsoka and Arc trooper, etc. Maybe another Jedi like Saesee Tiin as the farm character. Probably Maleovlence as well.

what faction would that "Vader" be?

Empire? Not likely, in my opinion.
    Sith? Already have a GL
    Unaligned Force User? Pfft.. please, don't make me laugh

it's Galactic Republic VS Separatist.

DS GL will be a Separatist..
  • SotaDraken wrote: »
    Hardcase76 wrote: »

Sith? Already have a GL
    Unaligned Force User? Pfft.. please, don't make me laugh

But who? The only reasonable choice of a character worthy of that would probably be Dooku, and I don’t think he’s prominent enough of a character for the “Legend” mantle.

I think it’s gonna be Vader, my second choice is Clone Wars Maul (which could be underworld/ Mandalorian themed rather than Sith)
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    SotaDraken wrote: »

That’s what I thought before seeing gg, wat and magma as requirements for Kenobi... so they won’t be required next time.

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    If they don’t pair JMK with Fallen Anakin or Lord Vader then they are messing up biggly
  • Starslayer wrote: »

That’s what I thought before seeing gg, wat and magma as requirements for Kenobi... so they won’t be required next time.

I am wondering if the requirements for GLOW are a mix of characters that he could possibly be used with and also be mixed with some from the DS GL or is all just for the actual unlocking GL event?

That way it motivates the whales/players to go for both?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I think bad Batch is unlikely. Traditionally, one more marquee character should drop

Another marquee dropping for GL Ken is not likely at this point.

Counterpart GL Barbie CONFIRMED!!!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Don't reveal it yet...CG was saving it for after GL Ken comes out.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Tuareg111 wrote: »
    goalposts get moved back all the time with these types of games.

I could see GAS R8 being required for the DS GL.. Like GK, he is a popular R8 and a hard requirement that most heavy committed players have already..

GK was on my list for R8 and so I am fine with this requirement

Of course they move the goal posts. They pretty much have to to make a new character exclusive. If the req was still 5 g10 toons too many people would get him.

The question is whether they move them too quickly. It's not a question of if KAM will be needed for something. It's a question of when.

I think that wat has been obtainable long enough that requiring him isn't unreasonable. Kam came out later and there was an additional 6 months to a year where only the krackens were getting any kam shards and that was only one or two while a ton of people were getting wat.

So now with wat required for GLK, it is unlikely he'll be needed. Maybe for nightfall vader. So I'm preparing my kam team now just in case. Hopefully, my guild will do the same.

Personally I think it may be too soon to req kam with nightfall vader too but after that they are likely going to have a non prequel GL so it probably won't fit there and if and when they come back for another prequel GL, by then a ton of people could have him.

Whether it's too soon will depend on how long we have between GLk and the next GL. Could be immediately after that they start listing the req for the next since it's a two or three month process. Or they could wait a few months to let GLK rule for ad bit. Hard to tell right now.
    They can’t wait to long to release the dark site GL, because they need to keep the game balanced. My guess is that they will bring the counterpart to JMK end of summer. Maybe we will get a big teaser of the dark site GL in tier 4-6 of JMKs Event;)

Keep the game balanced? LS already vastly outweighs darkside.
  • Bad batch wouldn't make much sense in terms of linked to kenobi but as requirements for a galactic legend they definitely would.

Could we possibly see an appearance from GK in an upcoming bad batch episode?
  • Ripperpa
    298 posts Member
    It's possible
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Probably be more anatomically correct than Rey too.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    General Kenobi will be the only relic level 8 character needed. There's a lot of really good r8 jokes, and I'm sure you can tell which ones are jokes, but I see some people suggesting it for real. That's doom and gloom. Don't worry, you won't need a second relic 8 character for this one.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    General Kenobi will be the only relic level 8 character needed. There's a lot of really good r8 jokes, and I'm sure you can tell which ones are jokes, but I see some people suggesting it for real. That's doom and gloom. Don't worry, you won't need a second relic 8 character for this one.

I could maybe see 1-2 more R8 being required. I wouldn’t be surprised either way though. You may be right with just GK too.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Not sure how you know this (you don't) but I hope you are wrong.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Ripperpa wrote: »
    It's possible

I would say doubtful but they do like their cameos.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited May 2021

eswyydv6xl4c.jpeg

yj07g15vqj6m.jpeg
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    LordDirt wrote: »

eswyydv6xl4c.jpeg

yj07g15vqj6m.jpeg

Yup. Definitely not going to be Empire. There's nothing pointing towards an Empire GL Lord Vader. Why would anyone think that Empire could be a possibility??
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Ok
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »

eswyydv6xl4c.jpeg

yj07g15vqj6m.jpeg

Yup. Definitely not going to be Empire. There's nothing pointing towards an Empire GL Lord Vader. Why would anyone think that Empire could be a possibility??

Because if it’s Empire now, then a Rebel GL will be lonely later on.

But now that GLs are not a dynamic duo anymore, everything is on the table I guess.