Empire Team in Arena

Llennob
29 posts Member
Guys, I realize turn meter ridiculousness is the one trick pony of SWGOH. If your opponent can’t take a SINGLE turn then you can be gear level 1 and have all abilities at level 1 and destroy any team regardless of their abikities and gear. Its sooooo stupid and unrealistic. I just played a Veers led, ZPiett, RangeTrooper, ShoreTrooper, Moff Gideon team put out by the player Mol Eliza. I never got a SINGLE turn. The opponent had about 20,000 less power very few fully started characters while mine is a ZBossk, ZBoba, Cad Bane, Greedo, and Zam. All gear level 9, all 7*, all maxed abilities and I never got a SINGLE turn even though all of my mods are maxed out speed mods. Its just exhausting to lose over and over and over to scrub teams that were scrub characters in canon that ALL lost their **** while a cool, higher powered BH team just gets destroyed. And this is why I remain F2P.

Replies

• Llennob
    29 posts Member
    I meant very few “starred” characters as in 3, 4, and 5 stars.
  • You don’t understand how things work.

Power level means nothing. Synergy is key.

Also, given the nature of your posts, I’m prepared to bet that your “maxed out speed mods” are poor mods you’ve taken to level 15.

Please share your ally code so people can help you and stop you making yet another thread complaining about your BH team getting stomped.
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    BHs are not a good arena team. you have one actually good character on your team, and thats bossk. your other bounty hunters are mediocre at best. Dont expect to win battles against opponents that have properly built teams. imperial troopers are one of the absolutly best offensive teams outside of straight up GLs. and they can beat some GLs on offense even.also i highly suspect that he was better mods than you., troopers need to go first, and if they do, there rly isnt much that can stop them.
    if you rly want to make your BHs work somehow, you need to replace stuff like cad bane greedo and zam with good BHs like Greef, mando and jango. also look into aura sing lead. and you rly want your characters to be fast as well. bossk for example should at least be at like 250 speed. or as you are using him arena, start getting him to like 300 speed.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Llennob wrote: »
    [...]
    And this is why I remain F2P.

You can't buy your way to understanding kits and mechanics.

• MrSender
    79 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    [...]

You can pay me to tell you...
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    MrSender wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    [...]

You can pay me to tell you...

....and that's not the same thing :-)
  • Stats scale with gear, star, and level @Llennob

A level 1 player even if able to mod could never do what you said.

The idea though, of an "somewhat undergeared" team doing what you said has merit, probably only in GAC not arena. zzMon Mothma teams with Hoth Scout and zpao and Bistan pretty much do that if a hard counter is not brought against them.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @Llennob You have all the answers you need here - most importantly the last point. People here are willing to help. :
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Ok, I just played an 61,000 power Empire team with Veers lead, Dark Trooper, and Range Trooper with some other Empire junk in the other two spots. They beat the socks off of my ZBossk, ZBoba, Greedo, Zam, Cad team. I have NO JEDI OR REBELS and I never got a single turn. Not a single turn fron outset to end. Developers, this is kittens. Every single BH I have is speed mod maxed except for Greedo cause he’s critical chance maxed. What is the God d@&$ point of having a power rating and speed mods if it doesn’t even get you 1, F-ing ONE, turn!!!! I try to put this in forums but every time I do, I get a naughty necroposting warning.
    1) Galactic Power is a measure of resource investment not combat strength.
    2) Imperial Troopers are a TM-train squad: if they are fast enough to take the first move then you've got problems.
    3) Bounty Hunters are a slow-burn squad, needing to reach payout to unleash their full potential. Not a good choice vs a TM-train squad.
    4) Cad and Greedo are not the best Bounty Hunters and Zam is niche at best. Of your five, only Boba and Bossk are strong.
    5) I don't know what you mean by "speed mod maxed" but somehow I doubt they are as maxed as you think they are.
    6) Accept that you have much to learn and try asking questions rather than ranting.
  • KausDebonair
    1293 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I checked your post history.

Nearly every post you make is whining about how your Bounty Hunters can’t win.

People have tried to help you and you ignore them. At this point, I have no reason to believe that you have any understanding at all of how the game actually works and that your favorite team is anything more than garbage.

You don’t understand how teams work. Your Bounty Hunters are a C team at best, and against a squad that controls turn meter (like Gideon), you will lose badly, always.
  • Tell us your swgoh.gg profile, tell us exactly how your mods are “maxed out,” tell us everything. Crying about power level is meaningless without context.
  • KausDebonair
    1293 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Its just exhausting to lose over and over and over to scrub teams that were scrub characters in canon that ALL lost their **** while a cool, higher powered BH team just gets destroyed.

Wait. I figured out the problem.

You THINK Bounty Hunters are “cooler” so they should win against everyone that isn’t as “cool.”

I can’t wait to see your posts about constantly losing to Ewoks while trying to get 3po.

Also, canon means nothing when it comes to how good a squad is. If canon did matter, then Vader would be able to take out an entire rebel fleet like he did in the canon comic Vader Down.
  • That bounty hunters team is a d tier team. Get good bounty hunters. Imp troopers are an a tier team.
  • Maxed out mods couldn’t even be equipped to gear nines. Your not that good
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Guys, I realize turn meter ridiculousness is the one trick pony of SWGOH. If your opponent can’t take a SINGLE turn then you can be gear level 1 and have all abilities at level 1 and destroy any team regardless of their abikities and gear. Its sooooo stupid and unrealistic. I just played a Veers led, ZPiett, RangeTrooper, ShoreTrooper, Moff Gideon team put out by the player Mol Eliza. I never got a SINGLE turn. The opponent had about 20,000 less power very few fully started characters while mine is a ZBossk, ZBoba, Cad Bane, Greedo, and Zam. All gear level 9, all 7*, all maxed abilities and I never got a SINGLE turn even though all of my mods are maxed out speed mods. Its just exhausting to lose over and over and over to scrub teams that were scrub characters in canon that ALL lost their **** while a cool, higher powered BH team just gets destroyed. And this is why I remain F2P.

What gear level was the opponent's team? Also, if you think that your team should win because they are "cool", then you may have issues winning.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • MKHolloway
    67 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    This is painful to read and you are not going to last in this game if your mentality is "my cool team is losing to a scrub cannon team". BHs are fun and I find them cool, but I know that by comparison they are not a good arena team nor a team you should invest relic materials or anything into. Watch a few videos and take some advice from the people on this forum and you will have fun. Keep stomping your feet like a small child and complaining about game mechanics you refuse to learn about and you might as well quit now.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Let's refrain from making personal attacks on the forums.
  • Yeah, I’m realizing that canon and this game are two very separate things. I’ve started developing Imperial Trooper, Resistance, Rebel, and Palp/Vader teams and its bittersweet. To see Imperial troopers that get hosed left and right in canon walk their way through much more “seemingly” A-list characters is frustrating but again, in the words of Buddha, “It is what it is.”
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Yeah, I’m realizing that canon and this game are two very separate things. I’ve started developing Imperial Trooper, Resistance, Rebel, and Palp/Vader teams and its bittersweet. To see Imperial troopers that get hosed left and right in canon walk their way through much more “seemingly” A-list characters is frustrating but again, in the words of Buddha, “It is what it is.”

And as we all know, bounty hunters dominated every other faction in cannon.