Starslayer wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    SotaDraken wrote: »

what faction would that "Vader" be?

Empire? Not likely, in my opinion.

eswyydv6xl4c.jpeg

yj07g15vqj6m.jpeg

Yup. Definitely not going to be Empire. There's nothing pointing towards an Empire GL Lord Vader. Why would anyone think that Empire could be a possibility??

Because if it’s Empire now, then a Rebel GL will be lonely later on.

But now that GLs are not a dynamic duo anymore, everything is on the table I guess.

Those rebel scum are strong enough, they dont need a GL.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Was Spiderlegs Maul a Separatist, still? I haven't watched any of the animated serieses (no hate here--I tried, couldn't get into them, didn't work for me. If you liked them then I'm happy for you and I appreciate what they've done for the fanbase.) but from what I understand once he's been cut in half real bad he basically goes off and does his own thing, doesn't he? Takes over a planet, fights a bunch of nightsisters, starts a criminal empire, that sort of thing?

Maul could probably be a Galactic Legend, but there might be other characters that make more sense for a Separatist Legend.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    NicWester wrote: »
    Was Spiderlegs Maul a Separatist, still? I haven't watched any of the animated serieses (no hate here--I tried, couldn't get into them, didn't work for me. If you liked them then I'm happy for you and I appreciate what they've done for the fanbase.) but from what I understand once he's been cut in half real bad he basically goes off and does his own thing, doesn't he? Takes over a planet, fights a bunch of nightsisters, starts a criminal empire, that sort of thing?

Maul could probably be a Galactic Legend, but there might be other characters that make more sense for a Separatist Legend.

He was never a separatist as the separatist movement wasn't founded yet when he got sliced in half by Obi-Wan in episode 1. And even if he didn't get cut in half and Dooku wouldn't have showed up it's unlikely that he would've played a role in the spotlight/leadership of the seperatists as he was more or an assassin type of guy hiding in the shadows. There were other key figures that were much better suited for a separatist leader role than him.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

He was never a separatist as the separatist movement wasn't founded yet when he got sliced in half by Obi-Wan in episode 1. And even if he didn't get cut in half and Dooku wouldn't have showed up it's unlikely that he would've played a role in the spotlight/leadership of the seperatists as he was more or an assassin type of guy hiding in the shadows. There were other key figures that were much better suited for a separatist leader role than him.

The issue is that the only Separatist GLs that would make sense are Sidious and Dooku. And Sidious already has one, so not him. But does Dooku really deserve a GL?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member

The issue is that the only Separatist GLs that would make sense are Sidious and Dooku. And Sidious already has one, so not him. But does Dooku really deserve a GL?

Regardless of whether he deserves to be a GL or not...

Is there really a version of Dooku that’s substantially different enough than the existing one to justify it?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »

Is there really a version of Dooku that’s substantially different enough than the existing one to justify it?

Darth Tyranus. It's not much, arguably a stretch, but it's something. Could be more around deception and based on the animated character, who's visually quite different that what we have in game.

Requirements could be somewhere around: Poggle, Sun Fac, Jango, Ventress, Nute, B2, Dooku, GMY, maybe JKA/GAS for a fun last Tier, a couple of new Marquee (but I've no idea who). That's still not enough, except if you add all remaining Geos and/or Wat (again).

Why not, but that seems unlikely.
  • Hardcase76
    13 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    It’s possible they will do Clone Wars Maul with a scoundrel and Mandalorian theme. Could release Clone Wars Gar Saxon or something as well. There would be a lot of good requirement options such as CAT, Savage, Nightsisters, Jedi, Sidious, Dooku, etc

More likely though it’s gonna be Fallen Anakin based around Empire I think. Likely needing Dooku, Asajj, CAT, Padme, GAS, Clones, Jedi (order 66), etc. Malevolence req would make sense here too.
  • Geode
    11 posts Member
    GL pairs always come with equivalent requirements. The obvious reason this GL didn’t come with a pair is because of the Geo TB special mission characters. Kenobi requires DSTB Wat, which means the pair will require LSTB KAM. LSTB was released 5 months after LSTB, so expect a Separatist GL (Head of State Dooku or Supreme Commander Grievous) announced in August. This will give an equal time apart to obtain the required characters.

The sequel trilogy gave four GL’s, so it wouldn’t be shocking if we received four from the prequels. Kenobi and Grievous, and Mace and Dooku.

Then we’ll probably move into underworld stuff in December with the Book of Boba. GL Boba being paired with GL Maul, lords of the underworld. If they wanted to give two more GL’s there’s always Hondo and Jabba as options.

Then we’ll move into the range of the Andor show and probably start getting original trilogy GL’s. A Supreme Commander Vader leading Imperial forces and a General Leia leading Rebel forces. The other two original sequel GL’s could be anything. Han, Chewbacca, Luke, Ackbar, Saw Gerrera, Thrawn, Tarkin, whoever.
  • Geode
    11 posts Member
    Fallen Anakin seems more like a legendary or something, not a GL. They wouldn’t waste the GL Vader on Hayden’s emo face when Vader’s mask is basically the logo of the franchise. Current Vader is Sith, the GL Vader would be military—Empire. The current one is from RotJ, the GL would be the one from Rebels/Rogue One/A New Hope. The Vader everyone grew up with was centered around stormtroopers, less around occultist stuff. Vader would be IT’s on crack, and Leia being Mon Mothma on crack
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Geode wrote: »
    Fallen Anakin seems more like a legendary or something, not a GL. They wouldn’t waste the GL Vader on Hayden’s emo face when Vader’s mask is basically the logo of the franchise. Current Vader is Sith, the GL Vader would be military—Empire. The current one is from RotJ, the GL would be the one from Rebels/Rogue One/A New Hope. The Vader everyone grew up with was centered around stormtroopers, less around occultist stuff. Vader would be IT’s on crack, and Leia being Mon Mothma on crack

I mean he’s dubbed Lord Vader by Sidious and deems him to have brought peace to his new empire. So it’s not out of the realm of possibility to be that. I’ll be shocked honestly if JMK isn’t both Galactic Republic and Jedi with his synergy favoring galactic republic. It would be amazing to see him synergize and bring use to the GR jedi overall as well as GR faction too.

As for separatist GL’s....eh....Grevious would’ve been it for me but I can see him being used as one. He was who he was throughout the clone wars. Same with Nute or any other separatist leader really.
  • AzorAhai
    7 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Kyno wrote: »
    Those rebel scum are strong enough, they dont need a GL.

Not sure how this wouldn't apply to the Jedi faction before JML. It doesn't seem to really matter.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

General Grievous waves six arms in the air begging for your attention.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

The more I think about it, GG is seeming the most likely. The RA was also opened up with Hello there. Maybe I'm just reading into it too much.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    GL GG with his cape. I’ll take it!
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member

The more I think about it, GG is seeming the most likely. The RA was also opened up with Hello there. Maybe I'm just reading into it too much.

If GG were to be a GL, I would think the current GG, GK, and probably even magnaguard would be requirements. I feel like there’s too much overlap for GG to make sense.

Plus, the current version of GG is far more useful than dooku or darth Sidious. I would think dooku or Sidious would be the next GL.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

If GG were to be a GL, I would think the current GG, GK, and probably even magnaguard would be requirements. I feel like there’s too much overlap for GG to make sense.

Plus, the current version of GG is far more useful than dooku or darth Sidious. I would think dooku or Sidious would be the next GL.

There are other options for reqs and more than enough time to drop others.

Dooku is possible, but I feel less likely.

Sidious wasn't a separatist, and I see that as the likely paired faction.

I dont think usefulness really has anything to do with the decision. JKL was/is very useful, but we still have Grumpy Luke with a GL tag.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

I dont think usefulness really has anything to do with the decision. JKL was/is very useful, but we still have Grumpy Luke with a GL tag.

We didn’t see and version of Palp needed for JML nor any Luke needed for SEE, so I think GL Grievous is unlikely simply because he was a required character for JMK. No real expectations either way, it just feels unlikely to be GG.

In all honesty I’m not 100% sure the next GL will have ties to CW-era (it was maybe stated to be the case and I missed it). We are used to pairs being released and so this is a different scenario than we are used to. Anything could happen imo.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Konju wrote: »

We didn’t see and version of Palp needed for JML nor any Luke needed for SEE, so I think GL Grievous is unlikely simply because he was a required character for JMK. No real expectations either way, it just feels unlikely to be GG.

In all honesty I’m not 100% sure the next GL will have ties to CW-era (it was maybe stated to be the case and I missed it). We are used to pairs being released and so this is a different scenario than we are used to. Anything could happen imo.

I think people are breaking both connections, when only one was stated to be broken. The GL pairs while not being released together, have no indication that they will not be conical/faction linked, like each other pair has been.

But yes, anything is possible.

I think reqs are not the best basis for theory on GLs, they are likely to be the first thing to have liberties taken with, as we move forward (in my mind). The need for balance of reqs with regard to how easy/hard they are to build up, is likely to always be first and foremost. Many toons could be used because they have a connection.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

I think people are breaking both connections, when only one was stated to be broken. The GL pairs while not being released together, have no indication that they will not be conical/faction linked, like each other pair has been.

I think reqs are not the best basis for theory on GLs, they are likely to be the first thing to have liberties taken with, as we move forward (in my mind). The need for balance of reqs with regard to how easy/hard they are to build up, is likely to always be first and foremost. Many toons could be used because they have a connection.

I def understand that perspective. I do hope the CW-era connection is used.

I guess my thinking is more that we haven’t seen GAS or Maul as a requirement (yet, still 5 to go), so in my mind GL Vader or GL Maul seem more likely than GL Grievous at this point.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I guess my thinking is more that we haven’t seen GAS or Maul as a requirement (yet, still 5 to go), so in my mind GL Vader or GL Maul seem more likely than GL Grievous at this point.

As pointed out, GL Vader would cause future issues with the pair for a GL rebel. (He would have the Empire tag)

GL maul wasn't a separatist.

But yes my thinking is based on the faction link, which I guess could be "not a thing" this round, but I find that unlikely.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

As pointed out, GL Vader would cause future issues with the pair for a GL rebel. (He would have the Empire tag)

GL maul wasn't a separatist.

But yes my thinking is based on the faction link, which I guess could be "not a thing" this round, but I find that unlikely.

If they continue to release 1 GL at a time, perhaps the next one would be rebels if Vader is used and after could be scoundrels or something to follow some sort of progression. Just an idea, obviously neither one of us knows. Fun to discuss though.
  • If anything you could call Kenobi a separatist after his encounter with poor Maul.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

Seconded. However, GL being the pinnacle of a character, having the existing character required was always the case so far and makes sense. R8 GG required for GL GG seems (almost) a given. However again, overlapping in prerequisites doesn't seem to bother them (rightfully so imo), so a requirement overlap in a dyad doesn't feel so far fetched, even if it would be a first.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

Seconded. However, GL being the pinnacle of a character, having the existing character required was always the case so far and makes sense. R8 GG required for GL GG seems (almost) a given. However again, overlapping in prerequisites doesn't seem to bother them (rightfully so imo), so a requirement overlap in a dyad doesn't feel so far fetched, even if it would be a first.

If it's Separatist, it's either going to be Grievous or Dooku. And both are prerequisites already for existing GLs, so why not?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

They did say the next GL is from the same era:
    The Bad Batch and Commander Ahsoka are the beginning stages of Galaxy of Heroes revisiting the Clone Wars, and will lead to a new round of Galactic Legends from the same era.

Whether that means specifically Clone Wars era or prequels as a whole, we don't know yet.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

The Bad Batch and Commander Ahsoka are the beginning stages of Galaxy of Heroes revisiting the Clone Wars, and will lead to a new round of Galactic Legends from the same era.

Whether that means specifically Clone Wars era or prequels as a whole, we don't know yet.

Thank you 👍
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Totally forgot that, thx. Still undecided between the possible counterpart, but let’s play.

1) Couple of separatist marquees: Spider general and Special Ops Droid. Need something to panic farm.
    2) Art update on Dooku to make him look like the ‘I bench 300’ character from the cartoon. So GK and Dooku will both be Clone Wars characters
    3) GL Darth Tyranus who looks like Saruman dressed up as a musketeer for a Halloween party confirmed, so him and GL Ken are movies characters
  • Wat's inclusion means KAM is certainly possible to show up. And KAM makes sense.

IMO this is a good sign they won’t be adding Kam to this GLs requirements, most likely he will be part of the next GL. A very small percentage of players actually have KAM, or access to get him in a reasonable amount of time. Setting KAM as a requirement would cause some major Unbalance of power across the game.
    Dred Zeppelin aka DrZeppersTTV Come visit DrZeppers on twitch
  • Wat's inclusion means KAM is certainly possible to show up. And KAM makes sense.
    Setting KAM as a requirement would cause some major Unbalance of power across the game.
    Which, frankly, would be very welcome. With a meta stale for this long, competitive arena teams are far too accessible now.