Kenobi requirements [MERGE]

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Was Spiderlegs Maul a Separatist, still? I haven't watched any of the animated serieses (no hate here--I tried, couldn't get into them, didn't work for me. If you liked them then I'm happy for you and I appreciate what they've done for the fanbase.) but from what I understand once he's been cut in half real bad he basically goes off and does his own thing, doesn't he? Takes over a planet, fights a bunch of nightsisters, starts a criminal empire, that sort of thing?

Maul could probably be a Galactic Legend, but there might be other characters that make more sense for a Separatist Legend.

He was never a separatist as the separatist movement wasn't founded yet when he got sliced in half by Obi-Wan in episode 1. And even if he didn't get cut in half and Dooku wouldn't have showed up it's unlikely that he would've played a role in the spotlight/leadership of the seperatists as he was more or an assassin type of guy hiding in the shadows. There were other key figures that were much better suited for a separatist leader role than him.

The issue is that the only Separatist GLs that would make sense are Sidious and Dooku. And Sidious already has one, so not him. But does Dooku really deserve a GL?

General Grievous waves six arms in the air begging for your attention.

The more I think about it, GG is seeming the most likely. The RA was also opened up with Hello there. Maybe I'm just reading into it too much.

If GG were to be a GL, I would think the current GG, GK, and probably even magnaguard would be requirements. I feel like there’s too much overlap for GG to make sense.

Plus, the current version of GG is far more useful than dooku or darth Sidious. I would think dooku or Sidious would be the next GL.

There are other options for reqs and more than enough time to drop others.

Dooku is possible, but I feel less likely.

Sidious wasn't a separatist, and I see that as the likely paired faction.

I dont think usefulness really has anything to do with the decision. JKL was/is very useful, but we still have Grumpy Luke with a GL tag.

Didn’t darth Sidious order the separatist council to relocate to mustafar after dooku died? I’m not sure why you think he wasn’t a separatist.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Was Spiderlegs Maul a Separatist, still? I haven't watched any of the animated serieses (no hate here--I tried, couldn't get into them, didn't work for me. If you liked them then I'm happy for you and I appreciate what they've done for the fanbase.) but from what I understand once he's been cut in half real bad he basically goes off and does his own thing, doesn't he? Takes over a planet, fights a bunch of nightsisters, starts a criminal empire, that sort of thing?

Maul could probably be a Galactic Legend, but there might be other characters that make more sense for a Separatist Legend.

He was never a separatist as the separatist movement wasn't founded yet when he got sliced in half by Obi-Wan in episode 1. And even if he didn't get cut in half and Dooku wouldn't have showed up it's unlikely that he would've played a role in the spotlight/leadership of the seperatists as he was more or an assassin type of guy hiding in the shadows. There were other key figures that were much better suited for a separatist leader role than him.

The issue is that the only Separatist GLs that would make sense are Sidious and Dooku. And Sidious already has one, so not him. But does Dooku really deserve a GL?

The more I think about it, GG is seeming the most likely. The RA was also opened up with Hello there. Maybe I'm just reading into it too much.

If GG were to be a GL, I would think the current GG, GK, and probably even magnaguard would be requirements. I feel like there’s too much overlap for GG to make sense.

Plus, the current version of GG is far more useful than dooku or darth Sidious. I would think dooku or Sidious would be the next GL.

I dont think usefulness really has anything to do with the decision. JKL was/is very useful, but we still have Grumpy Luke with a GL tag.

Didn’t darth Sidious order the separatist council to relocate to mustafar after dooku died? I’m not sure why you think he wasn’t a separatist.

Because they were his puppets, he was not a part of their movement. (That is why he ordered them to be killed.)
  • R5 gam guard for no reason other than to reward dedicated players that 7* him by grinding him up back in the day of turn meter Teebo
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »

We didn’t see and version of Palp needed for JML nor any Luke needed for SEE, so I think GL Grievous is unlikely simply because he was a required character for JMK. No real expectations either way, it just feels unlikely to be GG.

However, you needed Jedi Training Rey for both Rey and Jedi Master Luke, so there's precedent for overlap. No precedent yet for as much overlap as Kenobi would potentially have, considering he already has three, but since we only have 5 total Galactic Legends so far we're basically still in the building precedent stage. So they could realistically do anything still.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »

We didn’t see and version of Palp needed for JML nor any Luke needed for SEE, so I think GL Grievous is unlikely simply because he was a required character for JMK. No real expectations either way, it just feels unlikely to be GG.

However, you needed Jedi Training Rey for both Rey and Jedi Master Luke, so there's precedent for overlap. No precedent yet for as much overlap as Kenobi would potentially have, considering he already has three, but since we only have 5 total Galactic Legends so far we're basically still in the building precedent stage. So they could realistically do anything still.

I agree they could do anything, and we don’t know what’s on the horizon. I doubt GL Grievous is coming, but could be wrong and wouldn’t dislike it if he did.
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    I could see a GL Christopher Lee-esque Dooku more focused on Sep synergy... but Fallen Anakin / Lord Vader definitely fits better.

Also, I’d be a little miffed if Dooku got to be a GL while Prequel Palpatine / Darth Sidious is so... bad. A DS GL “Chancellor” Palpatine would be nice, although I’m not sure what tags he would have... Galactic Republic, Seperatist, Sith?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    I could see a GL Christopher Lee-esque Dooku more focused on Sep synergy... but Fallen Anakin / Lord Vader definitely fits better.

Also, I’d be a little miffed if Dooku got to be a GL while Prequel Palpatine / Darth Sidious is so... bad. A DS GL “Chancellor” Palpatine would be nice, although I’m not sure what tags he would have... Galactic Republic, Seperatist, Sith?

The toon is called SEE 😉
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    It is going to be suitless Vader, or however you want to call him. Everything else would be kind of a let down considering who the pair is.

I also hardly think that Dooku and GG warrant a GL.

We already have Palp GL, and Maul makes no sense from the ship angle, assuming next GL needs Malevolence.
  • Geode
    11 posts Member
    edited June 2021

Kenobi requires a bunch of DS characters. I’d expect the same from a Sep GL. Caped GG requiring Kit Fisto and such. It’s likely CAT will be needed for the following Sep GL as well. Same with Bad Batch if these 5 don’t end up being needed for Kenobi
  • Geode
    11 posts Member
    Dooku and Mace are both super underwhelming and graphically dated. I’d think these two would follow Kenobi and Grievous sometime down the road. Mace in his robe, “Jedi Master Mace Windu.” And Dooku in his black robes with a detailed face, not the brown robed Clone War version. One of the two to lead GR Jedi and one to lead GR non Jedi; one to lead Sep droids and one to lead Sep non droids.

Current versions of all four characters are super old. And it’d explain why Mace has been notoriously neglected for 6 years lol.

Regarding Maul, he’d have Scoundrel/Mandalorian tags. Boba would have Scoundrel/Bounty Hunter tags. Who knows, maybe Boba will buff up the Tuskens too. There’s a ton of scoundrel/underworld characters not yet in the game. But right now we’re in the Bad Batch prequel era, gangster stuff will come closer to December with Book of Boba/Mando S3.
  • EdSolo
    410 posts Member
    I would think ROTS Anakin would be the best bet for the next GL. The first two GL's were the main characters from the sequels. The second batch, while still based on the sequel versions, were the main hero and villain of the OT era. Now we are getting two GL's from the prequel. Since the first is Kenobi, it is logical the counterpart will be someone related to him. I say Anakin/Lord Vader makes the most sense because he and Luke are the major characters of the series. Some version of Maul would be second on the list just from the standpoint of multiple interactions with Kenobi and from a marketing standpoint of being able to spend if they require characters like Gar Saxon that people would not have geared. Plus CAT would be a certain requirement for a Maul character. I would rate a GG or Dooku about the same. GG was one and done movie-wise, but a big player in the CW series. I would say Dooku was more Anakin focused than Kenobi. However, not really sure what you could do with either of those characters to create a GL.

Personally, I would like to see Anakin/Vader to force me to gear up characters that I have been ignoring because of GL requirements. My 501st all need to go from G12 to G13. I have finally gotten Padme and GAS to G13, but they need relics. Ahsoka keeps getting put off and she needs to get to G13. I just wonder what characters they would add since they have to have something that needs to be farmed to bring in money.
  • Qwaty
    1 posts Member
    I don't see any way it's not going to be Fallen Anakin. Ultimately, the republic's greatest enemy was not the separatists, but themselves, as they let corruption sink in, which turned the republic into the empire. An empire GL makes the most sense as a counterpart to a republic one, and as to the argument of "who will pair with the rebels", you could have an imperial trooper GL later down the line to go with a rebel GL. Also, the Kenobi we are getting is the ROTS Kenobi, not clone wars Kenobi, and the biggest event or fight with him in it in that movie is the iconic duel with anakin. Also, as a few people have already mentioned, on mustafar anakin does say "my new empire" while Kenobi says his allegiance is to "democracy" and "the republic". Finally, fallen anakin is one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy, and the only reason kenobi was able to beat him is because anakin was blinded by hate (and the high ground), and he could probably 1v1 any other GL in-universe and come out on top, making him probably the best fit yet as a galactic legend. So, honestly, as the republic's greatest enemy was the empire, an empire fallen ROTS anakin is the only realistic option as a pair to a republic ROTS master kenobi.
  • Wolfcast1e
    526 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    If it’s Fallen Anakin I just want his ult to transform him into Vador. That would be pretty cool.
  • I think Clone Wars Maul will get added soon regardless if he’s the GL or not, probably Pre Vizsla as well. Building up that Mandalorian faction to being useful.
  • Qwaty wrote: »
    I don't see any way it's not going to be Fallen Anakin. Ultimately, the republic's greatest enemy was not the separatists, but themselves, as they let corruption sink in, which turned the republic into the empire. An empire GL makes the most sense as a counterpart to a republic one, and as to the argument of "who will pair with the rebels", you could have an imperial trooper GL later down the line to go with a rebel GL. Also, the Kenobi we are getting is the ROTS Kenobi, not clone wars Kenobi, and the biggest event or fight with him in it in that movie is the iconic duel with anakin. Also, as a few people have already mentioned, on mustafar anakin does say "my new empire" while Kenobi says his allegiance is to "democracy" and "the republic". Finally, fallen anakin is one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy, and the only reason kenobi was able to beat him is because anakin was blinded by hate (and the high ground), and he could probably 1v1 any other GL in-universe and come out on top, making him probably the best fit yet as a galactic legend. So, honestly, as the republic's greatest enemy was the empire, an empire fallen ROTS anakin is the only realistic option as a pair to a republic ROTS master kenobi.

kudos on the logic to get to where you wanted to go..

it could happen that way but I doubt it.

it's General Republic VS Seperatists..

there is no "Fallen" Anakin. it's Jedi Knight/General Ankin Skywalker turned Lord Vader..

if we ever get a Lord Vader Empire VS Rebel GL, I am down for that..
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    Qwaty wrote: »

there is no "Fallen" Anakin. it's Jedi Knight/General Ankin Skywalker turned Lord Vader..

Fine it is Lord Vader, suitless Vader, call him whatever you want, but GLs are usually from the same era. ROTS Vader is one of the most asked for character, aside from Kenobi. If not now, when? We already have Vader in suit.

I don't see why it would have to be Galactic Republic vs Separatist, it can easily be GR vs Empire.
  • Jenoke76
    35 posts Member
    I think Lord Vader will be the next DS GL and he will have Empire synergy.
    There is no other Empire character who deserve to be a GL
    If they will make a Rebel GL, which I doubt, it can be Leia.
    Her DS pair can be Boba Fett with scoundrel synergy.
    I don't think Separatists will get a GL
  • Jo0121 wrote: »

Fine it is Lord Vader, suitless Vader, call him whatever you want, but GLs are usually from the same era. ROTS Vader is one of the most asked for character, aside from Kenobi. If not now, when? We already have Vader in suit.

I don't see why it would have to be Galactic Republic vs Separatist, it can easily be GR vs Empire.

it doesn't HAVE to be GR VS Sep but I think it is..

so if it is Galactic Republic VS Empire then it's a GL VS a GL that replaced it the grand scheme of the galaxy's government? that does not make much sense..

Jedi VS Sith
    First Order VS Resistance
    Galactic Republic VS Seperatist
    Empire VS Rebels

those are the heroes VS villains

I hope we get a GL Vader but I don't see it this current GLs.
  • Geode
    11 posts Member
    There’s a fair chance a Hayden “Darth Vader (pre-suit)” gets released eventually, but it doesn’t make sense from a game mechanic perspective to make it a GL. It could be a raid reward, legendary, journey, or whatever but not a GL. Yes the Empire started in the prequel era, but it’s primarily known for its Galactic Civil War timeframe. That’s around Rebels/Rogue One/OT.

The Vader ingame is the Return of the Jedi version where he didn’t do a lot of soldier stuff. It’s basically the JKL equivalent where both characters represent their Jedi and Sith religions more so than their political factions. Vader’s Empire tag is just a carry over from before GL’s were ever invented. The GL Vader would make more sense to be pure military Vader leading the Imperial forces to war, with Leia as his direct GL counterpart.

For now though, the Clone War era? Dooku leads the CIS and Grievous leads the CIS military. The Separatists are a massive faction and the primary antagonist of the prequels—they put the ‘War’ in ‘Star Wars’ for three movies. The Clone Wars isn’t Republic vs Empire, it’s Republic vs CIS.

There’s strong lore behind why Kenobi specifically was chosen to be sent to fight Grievous (with Grievous’ defeat leading to the end of the war). Kenobi’s GL image also places him at Utapau. And with the known pre reqs for Kenobi involving Negotiator, the most logical conclusion is that Supreme Commander Grievous will be announced in August, probably with some more Separatist marquee’s dropped before that time. Grievous with his cape—his episode 3 look. And it’ll require at least Malevolence and KAM.

If they release two more GL’s after, it’ll probably be Dooku who was Head of State. And Jedi Master Mace Windu who was Head of the Jedi Order. Mace was in charge of running the order, sending Jedi on missions and so forth. Grand Master Yoda was Grand Master of the Jedi Order, more of a figurehead. This version of Yoda is already in the game. The game really needs a respectable Mace. It’d also explain why such a powerful and important Jedi such as Mace was neglected, because the real version has yet to come.

Kenobi to be the GL of the Republic. Mace to be the GL of the Republic Jedi. Grievous to be the GL of the CIS droids. Dooku to be the GL of the CIS.

Then we’ll move onto GL Rebels and Imperials. Supreme Commander Vader, High Command Leia, General Calrissian, Grand Admiral Sloane, or whatever they end up being
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Jo0121 wrote: »

so if it is Galactic Republic VS Empire then it's a GL VS a GL that replaced it the grand scheme of the galaxy's government? that does not make much sense..

Jedi VS Sith
    Empire VS Rebels

I think you are putting too much thought into it. They will do what is profitable and Suitless Vader is more profitable than Dooku and GG.
    Geode wrote: »
    There’s a fair chance a Hayden “Darth Vader (pre-suit)” gets released eventually, but it doesn’t make sense from a game mechanic perspective to make it a GL.

But GG makes sense?

Suitless Vader is something people have been asking for years now. It is the most profitable character.

And did KAM even meet GG? For example.

But we will see.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Jedi VS Sith
    Empire VS Rebels

I think you are putting too much thought into it. They will do what is profitable and Suitless Vader is more profitable than Dooku and GG.
    There’s a fair chance a Hayden “Darth Vader (pre-suit)” gets released eventually, but it doesn’t make sense from a game mechanic perspective to make it a GL.

But GG makes sense?

Suitless Vader is something people have been asking for years now. It is the most profitable character.

But we will see.

I think people tend to put too much direct pressure on the point of what they think will be "most profitable".

Darth vader would have to be empire, which would then short change the future set of rebel/empire Gls, so how does that make them more profits?
  • Kyno wrote: »

Jedi VS Sith
    Empire VS Rebels

But GG makes sense?

But we will see.

I think people tend to put too much direct pressure on the point of what they think will be "most profitable".

Darth vader would have to be empire, which would then short change the future set of rebel/empire Gls, so how does that make them more profits?

I think people project too much of their own feelings onto the community as a whole. Not a slam of anyone, but I know just as much if not more people who abhor the idea of a anakin/Vader gl coming from the prequel era. Will those people boycott that gl? No probably not but they probably won’t spend on it.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member

Jedi VS Sith
    Empire VS Rebels

But GG makes sense?

But we will see.

Could have Rebels vs Troopers or Bounty Hunters
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LordDirt wrote: »

Jedi VS Sith
    Empire VS Rebels

But GG makes sense?

But we will see.

We could have ewoks vs empire
  • Geode
    11 posts Member
    I don’t see anyone hating on Hayden Vader, it just doesn’t make sense to waste DARTH VADER on Hayden and not his iconic suit. His helmet is practically the logo of the entire Star Wars franchise. Darth Hayden would be better suited to Galactic Challenges like CAT.

Regarding Grievous ever meeting KAM, did Kenobi ever meet Wat? I’m not sure Kenobi ever said a word to Aayla either. KAM at least fought Grievous in the old Samurai Jack-styled Clone War cartoon. Regardless of any of this, GL requirements were never directly correlated with lore, just somewhat related.

And yes, a GL Grievous does make sense. The CIS is one of the major factions in the franchise, Grievous is the supreme commander of the droid army, the devs stated the next batch of GL’s will be from the Clone War era. We have three Kylo’s, why not have two Grievous’?

The previous four GL’s have all had equivalent requirements and patterns:
    • Kylo: FO, 5* Finalizer, 13 characters
    • Rey: Resistance, 5* Raddus, 13 characters
    • SEE: Sith/Empire, Tie Bomber 15 characters
    • JML: Jedi/Rebel, Y Wing, 15 characters
    • Kenobi: Jedi/Republic, 6* Negotiator, Geo TB special mission character, previous version of self relic’d 8, 15 characters

Guess what’s next?

• Grievous: Droid/Separatist, 6* Malevolence, KAM, GG R8, 15 characters

LSTB came out 5 months after DSTB, so to balance the time between the release of Wat and KAM, Grievous will likely come out 5 months after Kenobi. Which means an announcement sometime in August. Plenty of time for characters like CAT to become obtainable, new marquees, etc. Maybe we’ll get Admiral Trench, OOM 9, Jar Jar and so forth in the next few months 😂
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

Jedi VS Sith
    Empire VS Rebels

But GG makes sense?

But we will see.

We could have ewoks vs empire

Droids vs Jawas
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    I don’t see anyone hating on Hayden Vader, it just doesn’t make sense to waste DARTH VADER on Hayden and not his iconic suit. His helmet is practically the logo of the entire Star Wars franchise. Darth Hayden would be better suited to Galactic Challenges like CAT.

Regarding Grievous ever meeting KAM, did Kenobi ever meet Wat? I’m not sure Kenobi ever said a word to Aayla either. KAM at least fought Grievous in the old Samurai Jack-styled Clone War cartoon. Regardless of any of this, GL requirements were never directly correlated with lore, just somewhat related.

And yes, a GL Grievous does make sense. The CIS is one of the major factions in the franchise, Grievous is the supreme commander of the droid army, the devs stated the next batch of GL’s will be from the Clone War era. We have three Kylo’s, why not have two Grievous’?

• Kenobi: Jedi/Republic, 6* Negotiator, Geo TB special mission character, previous version of self relic’d 8, 15 characters

Guess what’s next?

LSTB came out 5 months after DSTB, so to balance the time between the release of Wat and KAM, Grievous will likely come out 5 months after Kenobi. Which means an announcement sometime in August. Plenty of time for characters like CAT to become obtainable, new marquees, etc. Maybe we’ll get Admiral Trench, OOM 9, Jar Jar and so forth in the next few months 😂

Everything that works for GG works for Vader too.

As for Vader in suit, well you already have one.

I just don't see why they would have Magma and GG as requirements for Kenobi if they are planning GG GL. Usually the pair doesn't have overlapping characters, no?

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Guess what’s next?

I just don't see why they would have Magma and GG as requirements for Kenobi if they are planning GG GL. Usually the pair doesn't have overlapping characters, no?

There is no rule saying that. The only Guidelines we really have is that they try to keep them similar. But as we move forward, some may have harder parts balanced out with easier parts (like an overlapping toon, for example)
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member

Guess what’s next?

There is no rule saying that. The only Guidelines we really have is that they try to keep them similar. But as we move forward, some may have harder parts balanced out with easier parts (like an overlapping toon, for example)

Exactly, there are no rules. This is all just speculation.

GR Kenobi doesn't have to have Sep GL as pair. Just like Rebels don't need to be paired with Empire.

Vader is just as possible as GG, Dooku or Maul.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2021

Guess what’s next?

Exactly, there are no rules. This is all just speculation.

GR Kenobi doesn't have to have Sep GL as pair. Just like Rebels don't need to be paired with Empire.

Vader is just as possible as GG, Dooku or Maul.

If he is a GR Jedi, then Separatist would be the most likely pair for many reasons. But sure, anything is possible. They have not broken with too much logic when it comes to GL pairs, so it is unlikely to be GR vs Empire, as that leaves both Rebels and Separatist in a lurch.