[MEGA] Upcoming Grand Arena Championship Division Changes

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TeJoRe wrote: »
    What the .... I'm in Division 7 (3,5M GP) and now I need to place 2 fleets on defense....

That's a mistak I assume

@TeJoRe

Not a mistake, you can see the update here
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/245470/content-update-05-26-2021#latest
  • Yeah my alt is in div 7. Real low blow for 2 fleets on defence
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    TeJoRe wrote: »
    What the .... I'm in Division 7 (3,5M GP) and now I need to place 2 fleets on defense....

That's a mistak I assume

@TeJoRe

Not a mistake, you can see the update here
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/245470/content-update-05-26-2021#latest

Oh it was intentional. It was a mistake to implement that change so far down the divisions though, so technically still a mistake hehe
  • NYIM
    57 posts Member
    nabokovfan wrote: »

Yes, I checked. It is correct.

What is correct? I posted the old and new chart.

We know the old chart is correct, dont we?

Before you asked we asked the same question and were told the new one is correct, but that has since been questioned for other reasons, and we are waiting on a response.

But thats not true either, we are in 3v3 GAC now, Im in Div 3 and the in game chart show that I need 6500 to promote to bronzium, both charts the original one and the new one had other numbers.
    From the new post the threshold should be (for div 3, 3v3): 5500-13500-28000-43000
    In game stands: 6500-15900-33000-50500.

So which numbers are correct now?
  • and here we go again... no balancing in the game xD first opponent in the great arena has 2 legends and GAS and me who struggle to unluck GAS dont own anything of that... my opponents have easy wins... where is the balancing in this game i cant find it!!!
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Sa2F14r wrote: »
    and here we go again... no balancing in the game xD first opponent in the great arena has 2 legends and GAS and me who struggle to unluck GAS dont own anything of that... my opponents have easy wins... where is the balancing in this game i cant find it!!!

Post the swgoh.gg links both of you and your opponent to compare rosters.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    NYIM wrote: »
    nabokovfan wrote: »

Yes, I checked. It is correct.

What is correct? I posted the old and new chart.

We know the old chart is correct, dont we?

Before you asked we asked the same question and were told the new one is correct, but that has since been questioned for other reasons, and we are waiting on a response.

But thats not true either, we are in 3v3 GAC now, Im in Div 3 and the in game chart show that I need 6500 to promote to bronzium, both charts the original one and the new one had other numbers.
    From the new post the threshold should be (for div 3, 3v3): 5500-13500-28000-43000
    In game stands: 6500-15900-33000-50500.

So which numbers are correct now?

In game, is likely the answer. This was questioned, as I said and I never got a response.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Sa2F14r wrote: »
    and here we go again... no balancing in the game xD first opponent in the great arena has 2 legends and GAS and me who struggle to unluck GAS dont own anything of that... my opponents have easy wins... where is the balancing in this game i cant find it!!!

You spent about the same resources to build your roster as your opponent, that's where the balance is. You made different choices though.

• Oh CG...I was hoping the charts previously posted were correct. To me it made sense to make kyber (thus it’s rewards) a little easier to obtain due to the extra effort to place and battle more teams...however, CG going to CG. Always disappointed in their decisions, communication, etc. you wonder why people get upset.
  • NYIM
    57 posts Member

In game, is likely the answer. This was questioned, as I said and I never got a response.

Soooo, its another lazy day in CG‘s office and we can ignore the information in the post they extra made to correct the first one. Thx, I got it.

• Such a failure. I could only place 2 teams per Territory and one per Ship.( and no I did not miss placing any teams.) No biggie till today when my opponents has 2 ships and three teams per territory and 400 more points then I do at the start. Your balancing failed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Such a failure. I could only place 2 teams per Territory and one per Ship.( and no I did not miss placing any teams.) No biggie till today when my opponents has 2 ships and three teams per territory and 400 more points then I do at the start. Your balancing failed.

Unfortunately it sounds like you did miss placements, the update that pushed those changes was last week.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Huh, the changes to GAC didn't fix stupid autodeploys from pouting babies. Bummer, maybe next update.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    First time experience at div 2, still loving this as I hypotised if not more. I failed a lot but cleaned and I think my opponent will get stuck. This is how it should be!
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Huh, the changes to GAC didn't fix stupid autodeploys from pouting babies. Bummer, maybe next update.

Who’s pouting here? Maybe GAC isn’t everyone’s favorite mode. Take the win and move on.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Konju wrote: »

Who’s pouting here? Maybe GAC isn’t everyone’s favorite mode. Take the win and move on.

You must be new here. :wink:
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

You must be new here. :wink:

🤣
  • nabokovfan wrote: »
    Original Chart released
    w42c2dkod5sl.png
    Chart Released today
    l8jon0ikch9j.png
    Div 2 - After update (see score to get to kyber, red arrow above)
    yn1c3j80ax8p.png
    Div 1 - After update (see score above to get to kyber)
    t0x32on174ly.png

@Kyno @CG_SBCrumb Can we get a clarification on which chart is accurate with respect to the PTS to kyber promotion?

@CG_Doja_Fett Welcome back! (Hope all is well). We'd like to get a clarification on the "newest" chart vs. the in-game data with regards to the pts to kyber threshold. Thank you!
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

Who’s pouting here?

Both of us.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Morgoth01
    493 posts Member
    Such a failure. I could only place 2 teams per Territory and one per Ship.( and no I did not miss placing any teams.) No biggie till today when my opponents has 2 ships and three teams per territory and 400 more points then I do at the start. Your balancing failed.

Maybe a det screenshots to back that claim up?
    And should you be correct, I’d say you have an advantage. You should get more points for zone clears if your opponent legit have more slots to fill than you, which is not the case...

• Morgoth01 wrote: »

Maybe a det screenshots to back that claim up?
    And should you be correct, I’d say you have an advantage. You should get more points for zone clears if your opponent legit have more slots to fill than you, which is not the case...
    I don't think screenshots will help.

Notice that the map contains 2 circles for each character zone and one circle in the ship zone.

The poster has fairly obviously taken those circles as an indicator of how many squads they should place, rather than paying attention to the x/y indicator, or the fact that the button to place a squad remains green and clickable until the zone is full.
  • cmg799
    20 posts Member
    I somehow got paired first round with someone who should be in the next division…I’m 5.7GP and my opponent is over 6. Thought this wasn’t supposed to happen @CG_Doja_Fett ?
  • cmg799
    20 posts Member
    Super unfair match up…..
    cmg799 wrote: »
    I somehow got paired first round with someone who should be in the next division…I’m 5.7GP and my opponent is over 6. Thought this wasn’t supposed to happen @CG_Doja_Fett ?

• Konju
    1142 posts Member
    cmg799 wrote: »

IIRC divisions are locked in when GAC shows up then roster upgrades can still take place until the player hits join and locks in their exact roster. For example, GAC shows up and player is sitting at 5.99M GP so locked into div 4 but then upgrades to above 6M before hitting join and remains in div 4. I could be wrong though.
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    In Division 3 now. Needing 2 extra squads on defense and 2 more on offense is definitely a strain. This will take some getting used to. I was only able to clear 3 territories. I'm hoping my opponent will clear even less.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    nottenst wrote: »
    In Division 3 now. Needing 2 extra squads on defense and 2 more on offense is definitely a strain. This will take some getting used to. I was only able to clear 3 territories. I'm hoping my opponent will clear even less.

It's adding more levels of strategy to GAC and I love it.

Which zones are worth the most?

Is it worth it to put a harder wall up front on top or bottom - bottom is worth more points to block, but you get more points in ships.

Decisions decisions.
  • ZoeyMara
    57 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    not a fan of division 7 having 2 fleets this is a joke right ? we can barely fill 2 for defense let alone 2 for offense also. seeing lots of 3 star lv 1 ships on defense thanks for pushing 2 fleet defenses so far down the chart guess will just leave those empty and focus on the character ones. i can understand divs 1-3 having 2 fleet defenses but div 7 really ? isnt fun looking at my roster and seeing i only have enough to fill 2 competitive teams yet need 4 so it becomes do i put both my teams on defense to try and hold or put both on offense and try to beat theirs this isnt a fun. Div 7 needs to go back to 1 fleet , so we can defend and attack. Currently im just going to put everything on defense and not even bother with attacking the fleets of my opponents.
  • Deell
    106 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    As some one who is pretty critical of EA/CG, I actually like this. Now I'm usually a fence rider till I figure out if I like a change or not. But I like this one. I'm in div 3.

Now please fix shards. It is an absolute unfair advantage some people have anywhere from 3 to 10 people in both shards while others a jam packed with over 600. Get your stuff together.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Narkny
    22 posts Member
    With the amount of complaints about Division 7 requiring two fleets on defense (four total), I hope CG listens to this and adjusts it for the next GAC. Keep it at Division 6 please. Let people start farming for four complete fleets after they hit 3.1M GP, not before.
    It almost seems like a big oversight to believe that players in Division 7 as of right now have four full fleets to utilize in GAC. That just isn't the case. Adjust this please.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2021
    Narkny wrote: »
    With the amount of complaints about Division 7 requiring two fleets on defense (four total), I hope CG listens to this and adjusts it for the next GAC. Keep it at Division 6 please. Let people start farming for four complete fleets after they hit 3.1M GP, not before.
    It almost seems like a big oversight to believe that players in Division 7 as of right now have four full fleets to utilize in GAC. That just isn't the case. Adjust this please.

Feedback is always welcome and they do listen, but just as an FYI, this was pointed out and it was stated to be a very deliberate act.

The idea is that, everyone is in the same boat and it drives players to do better. Having enough to set, but they may not be good, and leaving it to the players to make choices about how to grow and develop and not leave as much room to coast.