Bad Batch S1:E5 Chat (SPOILERS)

2Next

Replies

• hypo wrote: »
    After watched last Bad Batch episod i really think Darth Maul is the next GL dark side

Umm tell me why
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    hypo wrote: »
    After watched last Bad Batch episod i really think Darth Maul is the next GL dark side

Umm tell me why

Check the link they provided, their speculation is based on someone elses speculation, which doesnt really seem to be based on anything. (Loosely based on the episode, you could say)
  • Kyno wrote: »
    hypo wrote: »

Umm tell me why

Check the link they provided, their speculation is based on someone elses speculation, which doesnt really seem to be based on anything. (Loosely based on the episode, you could say)

Usually when I see screen rant, I don’t bother clicking on it, I just scroll on by.
  • Morgoth01
    493 posts Member
    I don’t think Maul is going to be in BB, but I could easily see him opposing Kenobi. They were pretty much arch-enemies across a movie and two TV shows...
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I don’t think Maul is going to be in BB, but I could easily see him opposing Kenobi. They were pretty much arch-enemies across a movie and two TV shows...

Yeah, and he could be the Scoundrel GL.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    But Maul probably won't be in BB.

• Xcien wrote: »
    But Maul probably won't be in BB.

It would be interesting to see them take a side job for Maul.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    [Maul] could be the Scoundrel GL.

Yeah, the only thing that bugs me about the Fallen Anakin GL theory is that each faction should have only a single GL. Sith has their GL, so what faction would fallen Anakin lead? Separatists? He slaughtered the Sep leadership.

Yeah, I love the idea, but it's hard to see how it fits within the 1 GL/faction scheme.

Still, I'd rather they find a way to mash Fallen Anakin into a faction than giving us GL Scoundrel Maul. It's not that I dislike Maul, but that one difficulty with Faction aside, Fallen Anakin is by far the more legendary, iconic character.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    [Maul] could be the Scoundrel GL.

Yeah, the only thing that bugs me about the Fallen Anakin GL theory is that each faction should have only a single GL. Sith has their GL, so what faction would fallen Anakin lead? Separatists? He slaughtered the Sep leadership.

Yeah, I love the idea, but it's hard to see how it fits within the 1 GL/faction scheme.

Still, I'd rather they find a way to mash Fallen Anakin into a faction than giving us GL Scoundrel Maul. It's not that I dislike Maul, but that one difficulty with Faction aside, Fallen Anakin is by far the more legendary, iconic character.

Agreed, the only issue is what faction FA/LV will be representing. Will it be Empire?

• MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    We already have a GL Luke (and JKLS to boot), so the next interesting thing is, "And who will be the GL representing Rebels?"

I ask because making FA/LV an Empire toon makes it hard to construct a dyad with rebels. Figuring out who might be the Rebel GL could help us figure out whether there's room for FA/LV to be Empire.

And... I think we cut the Gordian Knot by hypothesizing a Separatists Dooku GL. Maul can't be a Sep GL. He accomplishes nothing on behalf of the Seps. GLOW vs. Maul fits their backstories, but then how would you ever circle back around to fill in the Sep slot?

So, maybe GLOW => FA => GL Leia as a cycle of three, then

Dooku => Maul as a pair? Their character stories are certainly entangled, and no one else stands out as any decent possibility for GL Sep (unless it's Grievous, maybe?).

Then we need just one LS for balance. And I've got a way to fix this seemingly thorny knot. You ready?

Maul => GL Ahsoka. She could be an unaligned force user GL or maybe a LS Scoundrel GL depending on how her character develops as the 6th character in the progression, there's time for her new series to come out while we finish the GLOW release and then cycle through 4 more. (Maul would be DS Scoundrel.)

Yes, it upends the dyad tradition by using cycles of 3, but maybe that's why the dyad tradition has already been somewhat subverted by a shift to releasing one GL at a time?

There's also the possibility of a Clone GL Omega. Her character would have to develop a lot, and she'd have to accomplish Legend worthy things in the Bad Batch show (or her own spin off), but... maybe???
  • Rebels --> Leia

Scoundrels --> Jabba ;)

Maul could make his way as an unaligned force user GL :joy:
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Empire GL would be Vader, and Rebels GL would be Leia.

• So... About that Bad Batch...
    Was Crosshair in the last episode?

No :neutral:

No :neutral:

Hopefully its a build up towards that epic confrontation.
  • I enjoyed it. The Rancor twist was cool and it's def setting the Bad Batch up for some mercenary adventures, which should be pretty cool. It may be getting a little too similar to all the other bounty hunter-centric storylines we've seen lately, so hopefully BB leans more into the Kaminoan/Empire storyline versus the merc tales.

Wrecker's headache is def making me uneasy. Totally stoked about Omega's bow and how she uses it.
  • I enjoyed it. The Rancor twist was cool and it's def setting the Bad Batch up for some mercenary adventures, which should be pretty cool. It may be getting a little too similar to all the other bounty hunter-centric storylines we've seen lately, so hopefully BB leans more into the Kaminoan/Empire storyline versus the merc tales.

Wrecker's headache is def making me uneasy. Totally stoked about Omega's bow and how she uses it.

Is CG going to release Hunger Games Omeega soon? lol

It would be nice to see them become Soldiers of Fortune more than a basic bounty hunter. The only downfall is that the Bad Batch have a specific set of skills, so they can't exactly cross over into a home improvement show. Though watching Wrecker demolish things would be fun to watch and brings back memories of Human Wrecking Balls.
  • Hmmm I loved the pilot episode but feel the episodes that follow lack substance after that one.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Solid episode, I really enjoyed this one.

I'm still confused how in a galaxy far far away, no one has figured out that if you put a lock on the door of your ship, people will not just walk aboard whenever they want. :smiley:

I don't think there is a massive issue with galactic chavs stealing speeder bikes while the owner pops into the shop to buy them the cigarettes they had no ID for. That's my theory anyway.
  • At least this weeks episode is better.