Kenobi requirements [MERGE]

Replies

• Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    I don’t have any data to back it up, but maybe a good numbers of players acted as I did regarding GLs: in order to be able to get one each time a couple is released, I choose to unlock only one each time. It allows me to have access to a shiny new toy each time a new couple shows up.

If prerequisites for a GL duo would strongly overlap, it would be very tempting to relic 5-10 extra characters to unlock the other GL. So it could very well be a new strategic decision from CG to overlap prerequisites inside a GL duo on purpose, in order to motivate more players to go for both of them.
  • Geode
    11 posts Member
    Jo0121 wrote: »
    Geode wrote: »
    I don’t see anyone hating on Hayden Vader, it just doesn’t make sense to waste DARTH VADER on Hayden and not his iconic suit. His helmet is practically the logo of the entire Star Wars franchise. Darth Hayden would be better suited to Galactic Challenges like CAT.

Regarding Grievous ever meeting KAM, did Kenobi ever meet Wat? I’m not sure Kenobi ever said a word to Aayla either. KAM at least fought Grievous in the old Samurai Jack-styled Clone War cartoon. Regardless of any of this, GL requirements were never directly correlated with lore, just somewhat related.

And yes, a GL Grievous does make sense. The CIS is one of the major factions in the franchise, Grievous is the supreme commander of the droid army, the devs stated the next batch of GL’s will be from the Clone War era. We have three Kylo’s, why not have two Grievous’?

The previous four GL’s have all had equivalent requirements and patterns:
    • Kylo: FO, 5* Finalizer, 13 characters
    • Rey: Resistance, 5* Raddus, 13 characters
    • SEE: Sith/Empire, Tie Bomber 15 characters
    • JML: Jedi/Rebel, Y Wing, 15 characters
    • Kenobi: Jedi/Republic, 6* Negotiator, Geo TB special mission character, previous version of self relic’d 8, 15 characters

Guess what’s next?

• Grievous: Droid/Separatist, 6* Malevolence, KAM, GG R8, 15 characters

LSTB came out 5 months after DSTB, so to balance the time between the release of Wat and KAM, Grievous will likely come out 5 months after Kenobi. Which means an announcement sometime in August. Plenty of time for characters like CAT to become obtainable, new marquees, etc. Maybe we’ll get Admiral Trench, OOM 9, Jar Jar and so forth in the next few months 😂

Everything that works for GG works for Vader too.

As for Vader in suit, well you already have one.

I just don't see why they would have Magma and GG as requirements for Kenobi if they are planning GG GL. Usually the pair doesn't have overlapping characters, no?

GG might be an overlap, but Magna might not be. A theoretical GL Grievous may require an assortment of LS characters like Kit Fisto. Other GL’s have had overlap in the past. 15 characters, a couple that overlap isn’t a big deal.
  • Sand People were leaked. Think exiled in desert
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    I don’t see anyone hating on Hayden Vader, it just doesn’t make sense to waste DARTH VADER on Hayden and not his iconic suit. His helmet is practically the logo of the entire Star Wars franchise. Darth Hayden would be better suited to Galactic Challenges like CAT.

Regarding Grievous ever meeting KAM, did Kenobi ever meet Wat? I’m not sure Kenobi ever said a word to Aayla either. KAM at least fought Grievous in the old Samurai Jack-styled Clone War cartoon. Regardless of any of this, GL requirements were never directly correlated with lore, just somewhat related.

And yes, a GL Grievous does make sense. The CIS is one of the major factions in the franchise, Grievous is the supreme commander of the droid army, the devs stated the next batch of GL’s will be from the Clone War era. We have three Kylo’s, why not have two Grievous’?

The previous four GL’s have all had equivalent requirements and patterns:
    • Kylo: FO, 5* Finalizer, 13 characters
    • Rey: Resistance, 5* Raddus, 13 characters
    • SEE: Sith/Empire, Tie Bomber 15 characters
    • JML: Jedi/Rebel, Y Wing, 15 characters
    • Kenobi: Jedi/Republic, 6* Negotiator, Geo TB special mission character, previous version of self relic’d 8, 15 characters

Guess what’s next?

• Grievous: Droid/Separatist, 6* Malevolence, KAM, GG R8, 15 characters

LSTB came out 5 months after DSTB, so to balance the time between the release of Wat and KAM, Grievous will likely come out 5 months after Kenobi. Which means an announcement sometime in August. Plenty of time for characters like CAT to become obtainable, new marquees, etc. Maybe we’ll get Admiral Trench, OOM 9, Jar Jar and so forth in the next few months 😂

Everything that works for GG works for Vader too.

As for Vader in suit, well you already have one.

I just don't see why they would have Magma and GG as requirements for Kenobi if they are planning GG GL. Usually the pair doesn't have overlapping characters, no?

GG might be an overlap, but Magna might not be. A theoretical GL Grievous may require an assortment of LS characters like Kit Fisto. Other GL’s have had overlap in the past. 15 characters, a couple that overlap isn’t a big deal.

Pairs didn't have an overlap, but okay.

I think that if Kenobi doesn't require GAS or Padme it will be safe to say Vader is next GL.
    Starslayer wrote: »
    I don’t have any data to back it up, but maybe a good numbers of players acted as I did regarding GLs: in order to be able to get one each time a couple is released, I choose to unlock only one each time. It allows me to have access to a shiny new toy each time a new couple shows up.

If prerequisites for a GL duo would strongly overlap, it would be very tempting to relic 5-10 extra characters to unlock the other GL. So it could very well be a new strategic decision from CG to overlap prerequisites inside a GL duo on purpose, in order to motivate more players to go for both of them.

It could, and I agree they want people going for both, hence why they release one at the time.

But I am not so sure about overlap. We will see. I think people will go for the next GL regardless of the toons needed.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    About Kenobi requirements : Relic Zam would allow a tier on Coruscant against Kenobi+Anakin.
  • WAT is very easy to take. There are enough 11-12 tier))).
  • Alas, the game makes sure that strong players do not remain in weak guilds. Also GK R8, you can't do it without New Pit. And the weak guilds will not overpower him).
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Mirlighter wrote: »
    Alas, the game makes sure that strong players do not remain in weak guilds. Also GK R8, you can't do it without New Pit. And the weak guilds will not overpower him).

You can get R8 mats from conquest. That is how I am doing it
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Mirlighter wrote: »
    Alas, the game makes sure that strong players do not remain in weak guilds. Also GK R8, you can't do it without New Pit. And the weak guilds will not overpower him).

ar22hl3ekupf.png

giphy.gif
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Sand People were leaked. Think exiled in desert

I was wondering if Farmboy Luke would be needed but was shot down with the RotS timeline.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I sure would love some early updates about this event by close of business today!
    7xcvvjp9ip14.jpeg
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Pile wrote: »
    Y'all better focus on the the final wave of Kenobi requirements before you worry about the next GL.

We can do both.
  • I agree unless there is another way to get the kam and/or wat shards. Locking it out completely is an unfair move. I hope they don’t go that route.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Stop saying usually. We have two data points. There is no usually yet.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    NicWester wrote: »

Okay, I will use "so far" in the future. That satisfy you?

So far there have been no overlaps between pairs, but thinking about it I think it is going to happen whether it is Vader or GG.

Chances of GL Kenobi not requiring GAS are small (or JKA, but probably GAS). Especially since they mentioned Mustafar fight in description for the character.
    Post edited by Jo0121 on
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

Not really, no.

If I sim a hard node 5 times and then say “Well so far I haven’t gotten anything, let me predict the next sim results” we would all think you’re being silly.

You’re predicting the third sim based off only two previous ones.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member

Not really, no.

If I sim a hard node 5 times and then say “Well so far I haven’t gotten anything, let me predict the next sim results” we would all think you’re being silly.

I am not predicting anything, I am speculating based on information we already have. There is a difference. I wasn't aware we have to have certain phrasing that would make you happy.
  • IndominusNemesis
    50 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    You know what would make me happy?
    That next set of requirements!
    In any language
    7xcvvjp9ip14.jpeg
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    You know what would make me happy?
    That next set of requirements!
    In any language

Only have to wait until the Tuesday after Original Tuesday :)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

Not really, no.

I am not predicting anything, I am speculating based on information we already have. There is a difference. I wasn't aware we have to have certain phrasing that would make you happy.

You asked me if it satisfied me and I answered. Don't be mad at me because you disguised a statement as a question.

You're speculating based on two data points. That's my point. I could say Clone Wars Chewbacca will need r5 because he has Clone Wars in his name and this is a Clone Was GL and that would have more evidence backing it up than "they don't usually do this sort of thing" when we don't have a usually to refer to yet.
  • Seriously some people really got some rose tinted glasses on if they don’t think ROTS Vader is the obvious choice... literally on the GL Kenobi screen in game it mentions his duel on Mustafar.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    edited June 2021

Not really, no.

You asked me if it satisfied me and I answered. Don't be mad at me because you disguised a statement as a question.

You're speculating based on two data points. That's my point. I could say Clone Wars Chewbacca will need r5 because he has Clone Wars in his name and this is a Clone Was GL and that would have more evidence backing it up than "they don't usually do this sort of thing" when we don't have a usually to refer to yet.

I am not mad, you chose to be nitpicky about phrasing. So you got a response

Everyone here is speculating based on 2 data points. You were just being not nice for no reason.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Hardcase76 wrote: »
    Seriously some people really got some rose tinted glasses on if they don’t think ROTS Vader is the obvious choice... literally on the GL Kenobi screen in game it mentions his duel on Mustafar.

That depends if they go with personal countepart or faction counterpart. So far, the GL pairs were both, this is the first time it's one or the other. There is no better personal countepart for Kenobi than Lord Vader, but he's very much not a Separatist.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Seriously some people really got some rose tinted glasses on if they don’t think ROTS Vader is the obvious choice... literally on the GL Kenobi screen in game it mentions his duel on Mustafar.

That depends if they go with personal countepart or faction counterpart. So far, the GL pairs were both, this is the first time it's one or the other. There is no better personal countepart for Kenobi than Lord Vader, but he's very much not a Separatist.

True, but Empire is a good faction counterpart for GR too.

• Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

You might be right about ROTS Vader, but the mention doesn't seem a decisive clue... or Kylo would have been JML counterpart.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

But it also said Hello there....so GG is just as obvious by your logic.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    We should know soon enough anyway.

Bottom line is that Vader is as possible as GG, and both make perfect sense from what we know so far. What CG will decide is another matter.

As for Kenobi, I can't see him not needing some version of Anakin unless we are getting GL Vader and they don't want an overlap.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    We should know soon enough anyway.
    August
  • Good read so far.

I'm definitely on the side of GR vs Separatist. Either a new GG or Dooku would be fun.

Will KAM be required. Unlikely for Kenobi unlikely for the next one. People just don't have him unlocked and most are not even close to having him unlocked.