Who Is The Better Tactician

I’ve always wondered who was the better tactician; Thrawn, Oppo Ranciss, Admiral Trench,or Spock. Feel free to share your opinion, but please give a reason as to why you think that.

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Lincoln.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gandalf
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Thrawn: My reasoning is that I’m most familiar with his work. All of the Zahn novels give excellent insight into Thrawn’s mind.
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    Surely palpatine as he used everyone like chess pieces in his plan
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Thrawn: My reasoning is that I’m most familiar with his work. All of the Zahn novels give excellent insight into Thrawn’s mind.

Wouldn't the superior tactician keep you guessing?
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

By that logic CG would be the greatest tactician as we never know what they will do next 🤣
  • Richfxxx wrote: »

By that logic CG would be the greatest tactician as we never know what they will do next 🤣

But what we do know is that it will be broken upon release. So they're a solid General Jar Jar.
  • Richfxxx wrote: »
    Surely palpatine as he used everyone like chess pieces in his plan

True, he had to practically slap the Jedi in their faces before they realized that there was something fishy about him.
  • JainaSolo
    167 posts Member
    Thrawn (at least from Legends, I haven’t read the canon books yet). He came extremely close to reinstating the empire
    until Ruuk betrayed him
    and he always had the New Republic guessing.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Lincoln.

He left his 6 exposed though.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Gandalf

He was pretty smart to get a bunch of hobbits and dwarves to do his work for him.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Gandalf

He was pretty smart to get a bunch of hobbits and dwarves to do his work for him.

Gandalf is right
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

They would, and Thrawn would as well, but at least in the canon novels we get his perspective and explanations.
  • Thrawn. Trench is overconfident and that leads to some easily avoided losses. Oppo has competent help if he wants it, and Thrawn cannot afford to mess up unless he wants to deal with an angry Tarkin or Palpatine. Spock didn’t make a lot of the plans.
    3v3 FTW
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Thrawn.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Not Holdo, that's who
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Not Holdo, that's who

No u
  • Thrawn. Trench is overconfident and that leads to some easily avoided losses. Oppo has competent help if he wants it, and Thrawn cannot afford to mess up unless he wants to deal with an angry Tarkin or Palpatine. Spock didn’t make a lot of the plans.

I agree with your point on Trench; he was extremely intelligent, however he underestimated the Jedi.
  • Spock, for all of his logic and intelligence didn’t do much strategizing, but when he did, he was pretty good at it.

• I do have to point out though, that Anakin is the Captain Kirk of the Star Wars universe.