[MEGA] Upcoming Grand Arena Championship Division Changes

Replies

• Wimma
    152 posts Member
    ZoeyMara wrote: »
    Currently im just going to put everything on defense and not even bother with attacking the fleets of my opponents.

Why not save your best for offence? If you want to get to Kyber, you need points. Better to win and clear than just set a huge defence.
    I get many in div 7 won't have 4 viable fleets, but as long as everyone is in the same position, at least it makes it fairly even doesn't it? I'd expect many to have 2 good, 2 trash.
    Agree they should not have made such a radical change at the last minute, but they couldn't remove dual fleets from those of us with 5M+, that's taking content away. Seems they went a bit far the other way.
    Hopefully if they're trying to make fleets more relevant earlier, we might actually see some content for them in game!
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Wimma wrote: »
    ZoeyMara wrote: »
    Currently im just going to put everything on defense and not even bother with attacking the fleets of my opponents.
    Hopefully if they're trying to make fleets more relevant earlier, we might actually see some content for them in game!

Hopefully a fleet raid.
  • Ripperpa
    298 posts Member
    Fleet raid would be great!
  • After two rounds of the new GAC (winning both, so no sour grapes) I’m already fatigued. 3v3 already had too many required fights and now with the extended requirement it just takes soooo much time. And it’s still basically the same teams you have to fight on defense. The fleet battles are now the “fun” part of GAC because it’s only two of them.
  • After two rounds of the new GAC (winning both, so no sour grapes) I’m already fatigued. 3v3 already had too many required fights and now with the extended requirement it just takes soooo much time. And it’s still basically the same teams you have to fight on defense. The fleet battles are now the “fun” part of GAC because it’s only two of them.

Don’t worry...you should get more rewards for your extra work. Huh, what...you don’t? Well the joke is on us.

Respect your opinion, but I completely disagree. I am enjoying the extra teams. Maybe the balance is off in lower divisions (I'm in D2), but I actually used almost all of my good toons both rounds so far!!! And, just predicting, it'll be nice in 5v5 to go back to more standard teams rather than super-duper hybrid teams.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    After two rounds of the new GAC (winning both, so no sour grapes) I’m already fatigued. 3v3 already had too many required fights and now with the extended requirement it just takes soooo much time. And it’s still basically the same teams you have to fight on defense. The fleet battles are now the “fun” part of GAC because it’s only two of them.

Respect your opinion, but I completely disagree. I am enjoying the extra teams. Maybe the balance is off in lower divisions (I'm in D2), but I actually used almost all of my good toons both rounds so far!!! And, just predicting, it'll be nice in 5v5 to go back to more standard teams rather than super-duper hybrid teams.

In D6 here and I agree with you 100%, I'm loving the extra placements - even fleet is a suprising challenge.
  • A suggestion to CG would be to let us select our preferred GAC settings every time and match against people selecting the same. So if you love 3v3 you could do that, if you want 20 battles per round or 5 battles you’d be enjoying your preferences. Win win scenario.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    After two rounds of the new GAC (winning both, so no sour grapes) I’m already fatigued. 3v3 already had too many required fights and now with the extended requirement it just takes soooo much time. And it’s still basically the same teams you have to fight on defense. The fleet battles are now the “fun” part of GAC because it’s only two of them.

Yes! Finally it became very challenging and pushes me to think deeper. I also will prefer 5v5 (though I'm no 3v3 hater)
  • How do the divisions work btw? It puts you in one from your GP right...that put me in division 2 (I'm over 4mil). Now I messed with stuff I dropped to 6
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    How do the divisions work btw? It puts you in one from your GP right...that put me in division 2 (I'm over 4mil). Now I messed with stuff I dropped to 6

The drop is cosmetic, you didn't get degraded, we got upgraded since there was no place for the high to belong.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    How do the divisions work btw? It puts you in one from your GP right...that put me in division 2 (I'm over 4mil). Now I messed with stuff I dropped to 6
    CG changed the division assignments starting this GAC - https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/245470/content-update-05-26-2021#latest - which is actually the topic of this whole discussion thread.

Probably nothing else visibly changed for you at 4m GP, same number of squads & fleets and comparable opponents. But some players, particularly in the new higher divisions are adjusting to fighting more or less battles now.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

The drop is cosmetic, you didn't get degraded, we got upgraded since there was no place for the high to belong.

So if the drop is because where they don't have a home for us it means we could face any class? Crazy.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    CG changed the division assignments starting this GAC - https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/245470/content-update-05-26-2021#latest - which is actually the topic of this whole discussion thread.

Probably nothing else visibly changed for you at 4m GP, same number of squads & fleets and comparable opponents. But some players, particularly in the new higher divisions are adjusting to fighting more or less battles now.

Thanks it makes sense now. Being more players join and older accounts that haven't even been online for ie 687 days then the server is backing up a lot of data that expands the spectrum.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

So if the drop is because where they don't have a home for us it means we could face any class? Crazy.

No? It's like I said. They would have called the new divisions with letters and that would also change nothing. For the sake of brevity they just moved the numbers. There's absolutely zero wrong with this.
  • boomerd
    44 posts Member
    Not crazy about the results so far, -still not taking enough account of number of GL's, championship score/ stats, overall rosters.. It was honestly better prior, but that isn't saying a ton, too many gaps in this event.
    IGN: l l BOOM l l
    SPECTRE SW
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    I thought in Grand Arena that when you looked at the Stats it reflected the GAC lock-in stats. I guess this is not the case as one in my Division 3 group has GP of 6.674M while division 2 threshold is 6.65M.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    nottenst wrote: »
    I thought in Grand Arena that when you looked at the Stats it reflected the GAC lock-in stats. I guess this is not the case as one in my Division 3 group has GP of 6.674M while division 2 threshold is 6.65M.

No, the only locked in stats you can see is for the defensive units we see on the field.
  • When/if CG ever makes division changes again, don’t do it with 3v3. Insanely annoying trying to find better counters with rosters being stretched so thin and one bad dodge or resist kills the entire matchup.

Hearing from other guild members in sister planets they hate placing two fleets so far down in divisions. Classic CG fixing a problem they created by replacing it with another issue....sigh...
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    When/if CG ever makes division changes again, don’t do it with 3v3. Insanely annoying trying to find better counters with rosters being stretched so thin and one bad dodge or resist kills the entire matchup.

Hearing from other guild members in sister planets they hate placing two fleets so far down in divisions. Classic CG fixing a problem they created by replacing it with another issue....sigh...

After the changes I'm in D6, first time placing 2 fleets.

Love everything about the changes so far.

Keep it coming CG!
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    RTS wrote: »
    When/if CG ever makes division changes again, don’t do it with 3v3. Insanely annoying trying to find better counters with rosters being stretched so thin and one bad dodge or resist kills the entire matchup.

Keep it coming CG!

Difference of opinion and everyone is entitled to it lol
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Keep it coming CG!

Difference of opinion and everyone is entitled to it lol

Absolutely :)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Narkny
    22 posts Member

Keep it coming CG!

Division 6 isn't the problem. Division 7 is. Double fleet defence should begin at Division 6, not Division 7.
  • GAC rewards are still terrible. When are they going to become good and worth the time invested in the mode?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I love mod slicing mats :heart:
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH