Conquest Consumables

Daishi
718 posts Member
While playing my alt I spent some crystals to buy an initial frenzy tech to beat the final SLKR. I figured if I could get going early I would be able to get ahead of him. So I added Wat thinking he could do a special and start the frenzy going on my side. I understand in retrospect that hux prevents TM gain, and that SLKR first turn dispels all buffs on my team. So what I propose is a slight change to make the consumable actually help in the difficult fights it's needed on.

1: Any consumable buff should be locked and not able to be dispelled.
2: For the frenzy buff have it give a bonus turn instead of turn meter.

Currently most or all of the consumables are pretty useless and I think it would be great to actually enjoy more of the conquest experience. I'd also change it so that consumables have a random drop chance after every battle instead of only being in certain jawa nodes. This might make them more fun to play with because with the current setup it's pointless to spend conquest currency on anything other than shards for restricted characters, or on gear that's very needed.

Since the consumables don't seem to actually do anything, I wonder how many people are actually using them. I enjoy conquest but I feel like this part of conquest wasn't well thought out and could use some tweaking.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I am not using any consumables simply because they cost valuable resources to obtain. To me, the consumables are a last ditch effort if a player is not able to clear bosses any other way. I simply do not run into this issue.
  • Gorgus
    122 posts Member
    They definitely can be useful in spots, especially for beating bosses or getting a last feat or two to earn the max crate. And, IMO, not too pricey at 8 conquest bucks each in the scavenger nodes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I have not used any yet, but I can imagine there are ranges of players that they really work for and help.

Unfortunately, I disagree with this change. These elements are meant to enhance the game play, not override kit elements. I also see those 2 changes in particular making things way too easy.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    The hard part was not knowing how to prepare for the SLKR fight, and not knowing what consumables or discs to grab along the way. For next time, we'll know frenzy tech does nothing, and we'll look for other things. I had a lot of turn-meter based discs for example, all of which were useless in that final battle.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Rebmes wrote: »
    The hard part was not knowing how to prepare for the SLKR fight, and not knowing what consumables or discs to grab along the way. For next time, we'll know frenzy tech does nothing, and we'll look for other things. I had a lot of turn-meter based discs for example, all of which were useless in that final battle.

This game mode is a "process". We know the bosses before we select our difficulty, so while there may be some hard battles as you follow a plan with just the goal at the end in mind, making the plan and picking those correctly can be done.

Frenzy operates exactly how it always has, as do the kits of all the teams in the game mode.
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    I have not used any yet, but I can imagine there are ranges of players that they really work for and help.

Unfortunately, I disagree with this change. These elements are meant to enhance the game play, not override kit elements. I also see those 2 changes in particular making things way too easy.

I kind of agree with the locking buff suggestion. Without quickening to increase our speed and without a way to see what the enemy’s speed is, it would really suck to pay valuable currency for a consumable that just gets deleted before your first turn. I’m thinking of more battles than just the SLKR one where it’s pretty easy to assume SLKR will go first.

I don’t agree with changing from turn meter to bonus turn. It basically negates reading/knowing the kits of enemies prior to a battle.

I also have never used a consumable though.